• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: Hoenn Chronicles [T]

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
Years
  • As Luna walked, she noticed a few people, but stayed away as they seemed rather busy either fighting or capturing Pokemon. Luna petted Dratini, who remained draped around her neck. Continuing her walk with no major problems, Luna and Dratini soon reached Oldale Town. Since Dratini wasn't exactly hurt or tired because he didn't battle, Luna walked past the Pokemon Center. Instead, she went to the Poke Mart, and invested in a few Poke balls and a couple potions. Luna then walked towards Route 102, pausing to enjoy a nice breeze that blew by.
    Luna proceeded to go down Route 102, enjoying the scenery as she walked. After walking for a few minutes, Luna heard rustling in some nearby tall grass, and stopped to watch it. A Ralts then walked out, looking curiously at Luna. She quickly pulled out her Pokedex, found the power switch located on the bottom left, turned it on and quickly scanned the wild Ralts. "Ralts… has the ability to sense the emotions of people… Yadda yadda yadda…." Luna mumbled to herself. "Ok!" She exclaimed as she put away her Pokedex. "I'm going to- hey!" Ralts was starting to Teleport away. "Oh no you don't!" Luna yelled. She quickly lunged at the Ralts, barely touching it's arm, causing Luna and Dratini to teleport with the wild Pokemon.
    They arrived in another area that Luna wasn't familiar with. With no time to spare, Luna let go of Ralts and quickly yelled out, "Dratini, use Thunder Wave on Ralts!" Dratini quickly slithered down Luna's arm and sent electric waves at the wild Pokemon, paralyzing it. Ralts attempted to teleport again, but couldn't move due to paralysis. "Now use Extreme Speed!" Luna called out. In a split second, Dratini had tackled Ralts, knocking it back a few feet. Luna pulled out a Poke ball and threw it at the dazed Pokemon. Ralts was sucked into the Poke ball, and the capsule fell onto the floor. Luna then patiently waited as the ball began to shake.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Maurice Watson - Oldale Town
    buneary.gif
    bunnelby.gif

Briefcase:
    Spoiler:

With one final wiggle and the sound of a click, Maurice had caught the Bunnelby. He picked up the ball and smiled. Not only had he just caught the first Pokemon he had met on his journey and it was one with a ton of fight in it which would be imperative for Maurice to do well in the Pokemon League but it was also a Pokemon in need of some serious manners adjustment. "Now what name would be good for a fiery, angry little rabbit than Junior?"Maurice thought to himself, "It was perfect and would be the first step in Bunnelby's lesson." It was like killing two birds with one stone. With Pokeball in hand and a brush of the dirt off of his suit he continued on his way to Oldale, head held high.

In a couple more hours, Maurice had reached Oldale and made straight for the Pokemon Center. The Nurse Joy was so kind and polite to take his Pokemon and heal them up. Quickly after, Cocoa and Junior came out, one much happier than the other. Maurice welcomed them with open arms but only Cocoa took the invitation to jump into its trainers arms. Junior meanwhile crossed its arms and looked away.

"I'm sorry Cocoa, I forgot to thank you for the spectacular battle you had earlier that helped us to make our new friend here" motioning to Junior, "Though it seems our friend isn't to happy about his situation." Cocoa looked over and gave the Bunnelby a cross look and made a move like it was ready to battle again. Reacting quickly, Maurice held Cocoa back before any move could be made.

"It's quite alright Cocoa" petting its ears "Junior will warm up to us eventually, not every Pokemon is as polite as you are. Now let's get a move on shall we? The Pokemon League awaits!" The Buneary cheered in agreement as the Bunnelby begrudgingly walked behind its new trainer out the door.

As they walked out, Maurice noticed a blue haired girl with what looked like her Vulpix and Poochyena. They all looked very happy to be with each other. Maurice smiled and looked down at Junior "Someday that will be you and me, my friend" as he looked back at the girl and her Pokemon for a few more seconds before moving on. The Bunnelby looked at the girl and her Pokemon and back at his new trainer and made a face that seemed to say that it would never happen. Maurice sighed and continued on towards Route 102 and Petalburg City.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years

• The Pokeball started to shake as soon as the Ralts is sucked in. It shook once, splashing the mud on the area. It shook twice and opened. In a bright flash of light, the Ralts appeared again. However, the paralysis has not worn off. Ralts doesn't seem to realize this as he tried to Teleport again but, ultimately, failing. It was trembling, seeing the unknown serpentine Pokemon standing before it. He is not familiar with the area he brought the Pokemon and the girl in so escape was not really an option. Ralts tried to Growl, hoping to intimidate the other Pokemon. Maybe a little more damage wouldn't hurt?

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Chapter 1.1, Route 101.

As Chan walking into Route 101, the road was windy and beside it was filled with tall grass. There was no presence of trainers as they maybe gone to other places already.

" Pidgey, I guess that we will soon reach Odale Town. Let's get some rest. " said Chan. "Pid! ", Pidgey sat beside him and Chan took out some cookies which gave by Professor Birch. They were really enjoying eating the cookies as those cookies were simply delicious and crispy!

As they were going to continue their journey, Chan checked all his belongings just in case he forgot again. However, Chan felt something was missing in his pocket. It was his wallet and his most important Trainer Card was in there! Chan began to nervous and tried to search around. Pidgey also helped him to look around. Suddenly , Pidgey saw something was moving in front of it behind the bush.

" PID!!! PID !!! " said Pidgey in loud voice. " What is it Pidgey?" said Chan , running as fast as he could. Pidgey pointed the bushes where something was moving. They began to investigate and came closer. They peeped through the bushes and found out something that shocked them!

It was a group wild Ratatas and they were searching Chan's wallet. Chan knew it was way stupid to fight a group of wild Ratatas with his Pidgey.
    So they waited for them to leave, but soon two kids came and tried to take away his wallet. The Ratatas became angry and attacked them. Those kids quickly grabbed their Pokeballs and called out their Pokemons.

They were Spearrow and Mankey. " Spearrow, use Peck attack! " said the first kid. Spearrow used its strong beak and pierce through the group of Ratatas. They were hit but they continued to rush and tried attack Mankey! " Mankey, go and use Fury Swipes! " said the second kid. Mankey used its leg and made a critical blow at them. The Ratatas were damaged badly and could not move.

" These Ratatas are just piece of cakes. No one can defeat us! " said one of the kids. Chan quickly sneaked and tried to take the wallet. But the kids saw and tried to stop him. " Hey you there! What are you doing? " said one of the kids.
    " Well I just dropped my wallet,,,, heh heh. Gotta go! " Chan tried to ran but their Pokemons blocked them.
    " I am so sorry but I guess we need have a small game before you go? May you please join us? "
    " Alright then, are you ready Pidgey? " said Chan.
    "Pid!" Pidgey was ready to fight!

Chan waited a while to let the kids go first,
    " Spearrow, use Fury attack!" Spearrow rushed towards Pidgey and jabbed it rapidly. Pidgey simply evade its attacks but kid told it to use Fury attack again. Spearrow once again rushed towards Pidgey but Chan found his opportunity to make a move.
    " Pidgey use sand attack! " Pidgey flapped its wing rapidly onto the ground. Lots of sand dust appeared and Spearrow could not see clearly and made a lot off missed attacks. It tried to fly up the sky and search Pidgey,
    " Pidgey use Peck attack!" said Chan. Pidgey quickly rushed towards the Spearrow from the dust cloud and hit Spearrow hardly. Spearrow was critically damagaed and fainted.

Well, the last opponent Mankey showed up. " Do not give up we still have chance to win! " said the kids. Mankey was ready to fight.
    " Alright, Pidgey go and use Quick Attack! " said Chan. Pidgey flew towards Mankey at a very fast speed. Pidgey tried to attacked it but Mankey used his puch and hit Pidgey. It was a hard hit and Pidgey fell down. " Pidgey, are you okay? " said Chan. " Our Mankey is the strongest Pokemon we have . No one can defeat it. No one! " said the kids.

But Pidgey did not give up. It stood up and shook its head. Pidgey wanted to fight again. " Alright then Pidgey, go and use Peck attack!" Pidgey used its strong beak and attacked Mankey. Mankey tried to hit it but Pidgey sucessfully evaded its attack and hit Mankey. Mankey turned to Pidgey and attacked Pidgey with its Low Kick attack!
    " That's it Pidgey use Gust! " Pidgey spreaded its wing and created a strong wind. Mankey could not move and tried to hold the ground. However the wind was too strong and eventually Mankey was flown away and fell to the ground.
    Mankey was fainted and Chan won the challenge!

" Oh shoot! You defeat both of our Pokemon. It is not the end yet! We will train hard and fight you again! Here, your wallet!" said the kids , they stored their pokemons and ran away. Chan kept its wallet and inspect the Ratatas. " I guess the Ratatas were hurt badly, I guess I shall need to call Professor Birch. Can you fly back to Littleroot Town and contact Profeesor Birch, Pidgey?" "Pid!", said Pidgey and flew out. The Ratatas seemed very weak and Chan gave them some cookies and water. They quickly drank water and ate the cookies. " Alright Ratatas, you need to take a rest first and wait for help. " said Chan. The Ratatas became friendly towards him and even licked his hands.

After a while, Profeesor Birch and Pidgey rushed quickly towards Chan. " Hey Chan, your Pidgey had called me to come here for an emergency help. Well these Ratatas have some bad wounds but I will treat them well. " said Profeesor Birch. " Ok, then I shall continue my journey then. Goodbye Profeesor! " said Chan. " Goodbye Chan, thanks for calling me ! " said Professor Birch,

And so Chan had won his first Pokemon Challenge and even helped out some wild Pokemons. Chan and his Pidgey continued their journey and headed towards Odale Town.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Having milled around Route 101, somewhat unsure of what to do, Zachry thought it would be pragmatic to head north to Oldale Town, one of several towns and cities he had passed to get here from Sootopolis. While walking around, he happened to hear in the distance some conversation between Rose and Barc. For the little Fennekin walking alongside his trainer, she wanted to go and see what all the fuss was about. Even if her trainer could be a stick in the mud, she'd thought it be nice for him to go out and meet people. Even if Zachry couldn't exactly reciprocate social company with ease in this day and age after all that's happened to him, Charlotte felt that as the big guy just needed a shove in the right direction. Wishing to call attention to this, Charlotte tugged on his trainer's pant leg. Motioning over to the direction of Rose and Barc, Charlotte let out a pleading "Kin?"

Mulling over his options, he felt anxious again to go talk to them. Even though they seemed to be really nice people, Zachry wasn't exactly sure on what to talk about with them. Maybe they wanted to talk about Pokemon? Shrugging his shoulders, Zachry began to walk over in the general direction of Rose and Barc. His thoughts were interrupted by a rustling of a grass patch to the right of him. Suddenly, a Poochyena jumped out to confront the duo. Of course, he didn't even have to pull out his Pokedex for this one, seeing as how some of his old neighbors in Lavaridge used to own a pet Poochyenas. This particular Poochyena, however, being wild, wanted to get this stranger and his Pokemon out of his way. With a sigh, Zachry exclaimed, "Alright Charlotte, let's do what we have to do. Soften him up with a Ember."

Charlotte took a deep breath and huffed out a compact but powerful Ember attack. Despite doing significant damage, it seemed like the Poochyena had some fight left in him. With this in mind, the rival Poochyena retaliated with a Tackle attack. This attack, of decent strength, was taken with ease by Charlotte, slightly hurt but otherwise ready to continue. Looking as if the battle would be decisively won in a couple more moves or so, Zachry ordered a Tackle attack of its own from Charlotte, further weakening the Poochyena.

Making a last stand, the wild Poochyena attempted one last Tackle attack; this attack was easily dodged by the still lively Fennekin. In one final motion, Zachry, looking slightly hesitant, pointed and said with a slight tremor in his voice, "Finish 'em off with an Ember!"

The blow landed, and down the Poochyena went. Feeling a little bad about having defeated the little thing and having an attachment to Poochyena, Zachry lead down and left the fainted Pokemon with some Oran Berries he picked on the way to Littleroot. Despite this, Zachry felt a little boost of happiness from the fact that they won their first Pokemon battle. He picked up the furry little fire fox, hugged her and whispered into her ear, "You did great, little buddy!"

With a small smile on Zachry's face and an excited Fennekin following close behind, they continued onwards to Oldale Town.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Ellis Tove -Oldale Town & Route 103

Though Silas hardly needed to rest, Ellis had long decided to make his first stop in Oldale Town the Pokemon Center. It wasn't as if he hadn't been in one before, but he felt it only proper to go and introduce himself as one of the new pokedex holders to the Nurse Joy of Oldale, no matter how sick of meeting new trainers she must've been. But Ellis soon found this was not the case—she was bubbling and sweet, as many Nurse Joys were, and she seemed perfectly enthused to see Ellis as the sign to anticipate new trainers.

"So the next batch of pokedex holders are setting out already, are they?" She chattered away cheerfully, handing the tray with Silas' pokeball on it to a nearby chansey after Ellis had gotten through the formalities of who he was and where he was from, "Looks like things will be getting busy around here! Will you be okay with only one pokemon? Most trainers usually have at least one more by the time they get here you know."

Ellis smiled and gave a non-committal shrug. "Well, I'd wanted to pick up another pokemon, but Route 101 was shorter than I thought it was." Speaking of shorter, he looked around, noting how much smaller, and humbler this Pokemon Center was compared to the one in Sootopolis. It was more home-y in a warm sense—while the one he knew as his neighborhood center was prettier, in a shell-white design that he thought didn't necessarily beat out the warm woods of the Oldale Pokemon Center. Because even for someone as detached as him, he felt that this pokemon center held a far greater significance than the one he'd grown up with in his neighborhood. It was the place where everyone started- and it would be forever remembered as the first center he visited after becoming an official pokedex holder. Making a small face at his own uncharacteristic sentimentality, he banished the thought in order to exchange more pleasantries with Nurse Joy, who was now eagerly anticipating the new flock of trainers due to descend upon her any second today. Her helpers were bustling about to ready all that was needed to receive them, and she herself seemed to be composing a mental list of things she needed to do as well. "Well I'm always glad to welcome new trainers, but- I'd actually been planning on going out to Route 103 today. I wish Professor Birch would tell me when he's giving out pokedexes so I can expect you guys, but he's always so unorganized…."

"Brilliant minds always are, or so they say." Ellis offered unhelpfully, before politely inquiring after her business on Route 103- more for the sake of doing his duty of continuing the conversation than any real interest in why a nurse might want to leave her center.

"Well I saw a taillow the other day— and one of its wings was sticking out at an odd angle. By the time I looked again though it had disappeared into the grass." She began, putting a hand on her cheek as she worried over the poor suffering creature, "I thought it was just my imagination, but some of the youngsters who stopped by yesterday told me they saw it too. It doesn't seem too keen on letting anyone get close to it though, so I'm worried that it's injury might be worse than it looks…"

Ellis raised his brows, sensing that this was the part where he was supposed to offer his services, but he hesitated, thinking that someone like Barc would fit this mission far better than him. Silas had about all the stealth of a raging Tropius, and the tracking skills of Spindel—while surely a growlithe like Barc's was born to hunt down injured taillows, and his hero of a trainer fit to bring it back to Nurse Joy in full triumphant glory. He was having a hard time imagining himself doing any such noble act.

At Ellis' prolonged silence, she probed helpfully, "… It'd be a huge help if someone could bring it back here—I'd be able to fix it up in no time, but getting to it is the hard part."

Offering a smile now that she had practically steered the conversation in such a way where refusal would be strange, and indeed, rude, Ellis shifted his bag on his shoulder and gestured to Silas' pokeball, "… Well if you're alright with a newbie like me, I'm not in a hurry. I can try to look for it when you've finished up with my bagon— and of course tell any other trainers I spot along the way to bring the taillow here if they see it?"

She offered a characteristically charming Nurse Joy smile, perhaps one that would've struck a chord in many boys' innocent hearts as she clapped her hands together, "Oh that would be wonderful! The youngsters are always running off into the grass, they can tell you if they've spotted anything! Oh- oh well look, has it been that long already? I think your bagon is ready, if you are!"

And so thus, after stopping by a Pokemart to the same end as Luna who had done so before him, Ellis found himself whisked away to Route 103. He conversed with some of the fisherman, wiggling his way out of the over enthusiastic battle crazed challenges with excuses of being on official Pokemon Center business, but promising to return after he was done with the job in order to meet them as a trainer. He listened to the nonsensical advice of some youngsters who had seen it—though they could offer more description on what its injury was like than where to find it. Starting to grow anxious as to whether he would find any sign of this taillow by lunchtime, Ellis sighed as he glanced through thickets and grass. What a… grandiose beginning to his adventure this was turning out to be. He supposed an average joe like him shouldn't have expected anything dramatic to start off with, though.

"Hey you're the guy looking for the taillow, right?"

Startled, Ellis looked around to see a youngster with a red, white and black baseball cap and red shorts with his feet planted firmly in the ground and his fists on his hips. Looking awfully haughty for someone who couldn't be taller than 5', Ellis put on a friendly smile—the one reserved for kids who were hard to deal with. "That's me." He confirmed, standing up and brushing his dirty hands off—"Were you looking for me?"

"Yeah!" He replied, undaunted by their sudden height difference—"I saw it just an hour or two ago- It's in its usual hiding spot. I'll show you where it is—if you'll battle me and my Ratta!" He shoved a pokeball in the air, challenging Ellis with a confident grin.

…. Well, he hadn't said that Ellis had to win to get the information, right? And they'd be headed right back to the pokemon center anyway, so he didn't see any risks in entertaining the boy for a few minutes. And despite all these precautionary thoughts running through his mind, he really, truly doubted that he could lose to a snot-nosed brat and his rattata. It'd be more of a blow to Silas' pride than his own, if he did.

"Well…. Okay, sure." Ellis stepped out onto the path again so they'd have more room to work with- and less chance of being interrupted by a wild pokemon, "Is one versus one okay? I only just started my own adventure this morning so I don't have much experience. I'm Ellis, by the way."

"That's okay, I'll show you how it's done!" He looked extra excited at the prospect of being the more seasoned adventurer between the two of them, though anyone else could've plainly seen that Ellis was just pulling his leg and buttering him up. "I'm Joey, nice to meet you—and this is my best friend, Ratta!" Out popped a rattata, who looked more like a home bred pet than a battling pokemon to the older trainer. But whistling his false admiration, Ellis let out his own pokemon- and Silas, letting out a huge yawn after a nice rest at the pokemon center, didn't look much more than a lap warmer either. Some battle this was shaping up to be, or so Ellis thought wryly as he waited patiently for Joey to show him the ropes.

"So you want to get in the first edge," Joey blathered on, "Don't let the other trainer take the tide of the battle or you'll never catch up! Ratta, tackle!" Silas flipped and stumbled onto his backside as he was struck head on by the rattata's sharp tackle. Snarling at Ratta, Silas hopped back to his feet, snapping his jaws as Ellis pointed to their opponent- not wanting to risk losing out to the rattata's speed if they went for a directed attack like bite or tackle, he commanded calmly, "Dragon Breath." Sucking in a huge breath, the tiny bagon released a strong gust of wind, blowing back the tiny purple pokemon and making it's fur stand on end as it tried to shake off the tingling numbness.

"Ratta are you okay?! – Dang mister, that was cool!" Joey exclaimed, "But you need to read up on your pokemon— Rattata's have guts, and you just made mine even stronger! Go on Ratta, show 'em what you're made of! Use Bite!"

Without missing a beat, Ellis gripped his fists as he hoped to intercept the pearly white chompers with his bagon's rock hard helm. This was their opportunity to close the gap between the rattata's superior speed, since it was coming straight at him now, intent on landing a blow instead of bouncing back out of reach right after. "Silas, Headbutt!"

With a blunt noise, sharp front teeth hit Silas' head and snout was smashed in as the bagon's head was thrust forward—but what should've bounced right off of Silas' helm left a nice mark as Silas tottered back, dizzy as it's stubby arms cradled it's head. Ellis let out a small 'tch' as he remembered that Joey had literally just gone on about his rattata's guts ability. But that couldn't make up for the sheer difference in the two pokemon's endurance and stamina, and Ellis called for another Dragon Breath before the rattata could get back in range. "Bag!" Silas answered, steeling his feet on the ground and inhaling deeply to blast the rattata away for a second, and final time. As Joey recalled his rattata, he seemed content with the loss as long as he could continue crowing to Ellis about the battle, criticizing this move and giving advice here and there on what he should've done. "Thanks for the battle mister! I'll show you where that taillow is now, but you know, you really shouldn't ignore a pokemon's ability! That could've really cost you if bagons weren't strong pokemon to start with!"

Silas' chest puffed with pride at this, but Ellis beamed him back into his pokeball before the blue pokemon could swagger about in its victory any longer.

"Really?" Ellis smiled, inviting Joey to keep chattering away as they walked towards where the taillow was supposed to be. It felt like an eternity of being lectured on pokemon battle basics by a Brendan wannabe, but as long as he didn't listen too closely, it didn't annoy him much. It was true, after all, that he'd forgotten about guts having the potential to make rattata's attacks just as strong as Silas'.

"Look, there it is- See, I told you it was here!"

Ellis peered through the branches, seeing Joey squatting beside a rather languid and unhappy looking taillow with an uncomfortably bent right wing, feathers sticking out at odd angles. The injured pokemon shot a wary look at Ellis, and squirmed in it's attempts to get away from Joey. Stepping over and gently—though rather unceremoniously—picking up the taillow, Joey jumped to his feet in alarm as the pokemon resisted fiercely, pecking at both trainers and flapping it's good wing in an attempt to get Ellis to let go. "Woah!" The both of them exclaimed as feathers flew and Silas popped out of his pokeball to join the commotion.

"Silas!" Ellis scolded, but the bagon focused it's eyes on the taillow instead, calling out its own name in its pokemon language and waving stubby arms. Responding only in screeches, it was a solid five minutes of chaos before the taillow lost it's energy enough to listen to Silas—and Ratta, after the latter was dosed with a few sprays of potion. The little pokemon pow wow took an eternity, and both Ellis and Joey's stomachs began to rumble as unhappily as the sour look on the bird's face as the sun past its peak and began to inch closer towards the horizon.

Waddling back to his trainer, Silas put his small hands on Ellis' knee. "Bag!" Raising his brows as the bagon jerked it's head towards the taillow, who now wore a begrudgingly grumpy glare, Ellis took that as a sign that it was ready to be taken back to the pokemon center, and approached. "Bagon!" Silas jumped to his feet and blocked Ellis' path, slowly pushing his arms through the air to indicate that his trainer should take it slowly. Agreeing to this condition, Ellis patted Silas on the head and held his hands out for the taillow to jump into by itself. It was a struggle of wriggling and lopsided hopping, but the bird finally settled itself in Ellis' cupped hands, and he looked over to Joey in thanks. "I'd better get this guy back to Nurse Joy. Are you coming?"

"Nah!" Joey exclaimed, "Only halfway- ma'll be real mad cause I'm late for lunch. She's got some berries Ratta can eat, it'll be fine!" He dashed off with a wave as soon as they were back on the path, promising to be a better trainer and have more tips to give next time they met. Letting Silas walk beside him on the way back to Oldale as a reward for the small pokemon's efforts in winning over the puff of feathers in his hands, Ellis was at least glad that there weren't any ledges to jump off of—and that nobody else saw it fit to challenge a trainer with an injured pokemon in his hands. The walk was longer than he would've liked though, as he endeavored not to jostle the oddly bent wing—and the taillow would nip at his hands whenever he did. By the time he stood in front of Nurse Joy again, the marks of his efforts were clear—leaves and brambles in his fluffy hair after rustling about all day, scraped, pecked, and dirt smeared hands—and a bagon that needed rest yet again.

"Oh thank you!" Nurse Joy exclaimed at seeing the taillow, and was for a long moment so preoccupied with diagnosis and arranging what was necessary to fix the wing that Ellis stood awkwardly in the lobby with Silas, debating whether the wait would be long enough to warrant sitting down. Of course, as soon as he decided he might as well sit, she bustled back into the room and he was swept off by a Chansey who picked leaves and branches from his hair and another who popped Silas on top of its nurse cap and bounced away to the healing machines. "I actually have something that might be useful for you—not right now, but if you want, an old seasoned trainer gave this to me a few months ago as payment for a complicated operation. I don't have much use for it, but you might?" She held out a clear orb with a blue and red swirl on the inside. Ellis recognized what it was before she even explained—any self-respecting trainer with a bagon could recognize a salemencite when they saw it. "Or maybe you could see if that taillow wants to come with you, when it's all better?"

Ellis gave her a grimace, "I think I'd better take the salamencite." He held up his hands, pecked and scratched by sharp talons, as the only reasoning he needed for his decision.​

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • Rose BurnesOldale Town/Route103

Trial1_zpsfeed01ne.png

output_pUh3Zd_zpsr1bs8q4c.gif

Rose sits in the grass, her back pressed against the Pokémon center wall, and eases Kiba from her arms to her lap. "Let's see where we go from here." She smiles as Tanna hops onto her lap, wriggling against their new friend to make room for herself. The two begin to exchange quiet growls and yips as Rose activates the town map application on her pokegear. "So we're in Oldale town, and up here is…" The sudden lack of poke-speak causes Rose to glance down at her Pokémon; both of whom are looking towards something in the distance. She turns her head, noticing an older man holding a buneary.

"He was at the lab, wasn't he?" He walked right past the younger trainers while Rose and Jerk were having their stare down, and casually went inside (probably what all of them should have done, but Jerk got himself kicked out, and the aides must have been reluctant to let other teens in until Birch arrived to handle them. Meanwhile, this guy kind of looked like the poster child for politeness and respect.

"Do you think he's a trainer, too?" She asks, giving each of her Pokémon a light head-rub. It's not his age that makes her question, no, there are plenty of hikers and veteran trainers still adventuring over the regions, it's his clothes that make her wonder. That's a pretty fancy getup to wear if you're going to be trekking through routes, forests, and caves. Maybe he just wore it to make a good impression on Professor Birch. The glances to the man again, this time noticing the Bunnelby that looks…less than pleased about being here. He must have been newly caught. The man turns to walk away, no doubt pressing on to their next destination. As the grey rabbit reluctantly follows, it turns and looks at Rose for a brief second. She gives the rabbit an encouraging smile and a little salute. She has a feeling those three will go far together.

"We should be going, too." She tells her Pokémon. Tanna immediately hops from her trainer's lap, but Kiba remains still until Rose picks him up and sets him on the ground. "We can go two ways from here." She explains as she stands up. "Route 102 is this way." She points to the west. "If we go there, we'll eventually get to Petalburg city. If we go North." She points. "We'll be on route 103, but…most of it's blocked off by water." Wait, water, she wanted to have a water type for her battle against Roxanne. Plus, battling a water type would be good practice for Kiba's thunderfang. They can go to route 103, backtrack to Oldale town, and head for route 102, while if they head straight for route 102, they might never get to see what 103 has to offer. Alright, it's decided!

"Let's go to 103 first." She decides, pumping her fist to her side with a renewed sense of enthusiasm.

The walk through the town was pleasant, though quiet. She noticed a Pokemart, and made a mental note to stop by on the way back in order to stock up on healing items. Other than that, the only things that really caught Rose's eye were people she passed by, each of whom smiled (whether they were smiling at her or the cute Pokémon behind her, it was hard to say). That's not to say that people in Goldenrod didn't smile, though there were equally as many that seemed in a perpetually bad mood, most likely because they blew all their money at the game corner, or got their butts kicked by Whitney's Miltank.

As the houses gave way to trees and the trimmed grass became longer, it was clear they were no longer within the city's limits. Now to head for the water, which should be right up ahead and a little to the right.

Thunk…thunk…thunk.

That dull sound repeated every few seconds, and it grew a little louder each time, as if they were getting closer to it.

"Sounds like someone's throwing rocks at a tree." Rose muses. Maybe that's what fisherman do when they get bored of waiting for water Pokémon to bite. There…has got to be a better way to catch water types. Rose walked to the top of the hill, expecting to see the face of the very bored fisherman—only to find something entirely different.

The gentle thuds were coming from a brown and white Pokémon, ramming his horns against a tree. After each ram it stops, backs up, and studies the ground below it, only to proceed. Rose brings out her Pokedex to see what this persistent little 'mon is.
    Skiddo (grass) The Mount Pokémon: Thought to be one of the first Pokémon to live in harmony with humans, it has a placid disposition.

Well, how could you not want to live in harmony with this Pokémon? It's adorable! "Do you think it's trying to knock fruit down?" Rose asks her Pokémon. Maybe, although the tree it's attacking looks pretty barren. Rose begins digging inside her bag, producing a pokepuff, before trotting closer to the little goat.

"Skiddo?" She speaks, the Skiddo pausing its assault when it hears her voice.
    "Skiii~" It greets happily, its little tail wiggling excitedly.

"Would you like this instead?" She asks as she places the green puffin on the ground. The skiddo walks closer to the treat, sniffing it curiously before taking a bite.
    "Skid!" It cheers, quickly munching down the rest of the snack.

"That's better~" Rose says in a sing-song voice. Satisfied, she turns around and heads back for her own Pokémon—or that was her intent: A light tugging on her bag causes her to stop after only a few paces: She turns to see the Skiddo had bitten down on the corner of her bag.

"Skiiiid~" It cries playfully as it tries to tug the trainer back.

"Is something wrong?" Rose asks, confused.

"Skid, skid!" The little goat cheers before tapping Rose's side.

"Do…you want to come with us?" This little Pokémon was so cute, it almost seemed like a shame to attack it and capture it, but if…it wants to come along, a grass type is exactly what she needs to tackle that rock gym leader.

"Skiido!" The baby goat calls as it pivots on its hind legs. It runs several feet back before wheeling around, kicking up some dirt with one of its front legs, preparing to charge.

Of course, she'll have to prove herself to the little goat, even if it wants to come along. "Okay! Ready, Kiba?"

The Poochyena looks rather surprised that its trainer called on him, though he bounds to her side none the less.

"Let's go! Use Takedown!"

The hyena makes a determined battle growl as he rushes towards its opponent. Skiddo stomps its front feet into a steady battle stance and shoots a steady stream of seed bombs straight for the pooch.

"Jump, Kiba!" Rose calls. The way Skiddo was moving, and the way it attacked the tree, she assumed it would go for a head on attack. If it's going to attack from a distance, she can't tell her Pokémon to go charging into them. "Jump onto Skiddo's back!"

Kiba leaps upward, the seeds smashing into the ground and causing small explosions, and little puffs of smoke. As the smoke from the bombs rises it blocks Rose's sight of the Pokémon, but the surprised cry from Skiddo must mean that Kiba made a safe landing onto its back. Okay…time to get a little creative.

"Hold onto its neck with Thunder Fang!" It wouldn't be very effective, but the chance of paralysis was too good to pass up. By the time Kiba's glowing fangs clamp onto Skiddo the smoke has cleared, giving Rose a clear view of the Skiddo jumping and bucking, doing its best to throw the Poochyena off.

Seconds tick by, electricity zapping in every direction as Kiba remains clamped onto Skiddo's neck, until the little goat finally shakes its attacker off by smashing both it and the Poochyena into a tree. Kiba's jaws unclench from Skiddo's neck and he falls from its back, though the attack on the tree looks to have done just as much damage to Skiddo as it had done to Kiba.

The little goat breathes deeply, having exhausted itself quite a bit from bucking around so drastically (being electrocuted all the while did not make things better). It digs its heels into the ground once more and tosses its head towards the sky with a powerful cry, a beam of light flashing upward from its leaves, and with that; the sunlight becomes incredibly harsh.

"Sunny day…" Rose mutters to herself. That can only mean one thing! "Kiba! Use Take Down before it uses Synthesis!"

Her Poochyena leaps into action, running and smashing itself into the grass type as it began to glow a gentle green; quickly short-circuiting the healing move.

"Good job, Kiba! Return!" Rose quickly holds Kiba's Friend Ball out, the little hyena retreating in a red beam. The recoil damage from Take Down was pretty intense, plus…Skiddo's Sunny Day gave her a huge opportunity. "Ready to finish this, Tanna?"
    "Vul!" The fire-fox cheers as she runs towards the dazed Skiddo.

"Then show 'em your Flame Thrower!"

The blast of flames that erupted from Tanna's mouth was extraordinary, powered up significantly by Skiddo's Sunny Day. If she can catch this Pokémon, the two will make a fantastic team. As soon as the flames clear Rose reaches for a Pokeball, giving it her habitual good luck squeeze before throwing it. The familiar light envelopes the Skiddo before it disappears, leaving behind only the unnerving shake of the Pokeball…

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016

Linnet Royer
    Littleroot Town

228.gif

Linnet was late.

Not that this was an extraordinarily uncommon state of affairs, her lateness; it seemed to Linnet as if it was almost inevitable, by now, as if the world itself conspired to delay and distract whenever she was headed anywhere at all, be it the grocery store or school or—like now, the Littleroot Town Pokemon Lab. It was just, perhaps, a little more distressing this time, since she'd been hoping to meet some other trainers. By now, though, they were probably well on their ways, and short of making a marathon out of it, Linnet didn't expect that she'd be able to catch up so quickly.

"At least it's a nice day," she observed to her Houndour, a little breathless, as they tumbled into the town, "Maybe they're taking their time, you know?"

Well, anything was possible. She certainly had.

Frightful made a low whuffling sound, wagging her tail in what Linnet supposed was a placating sort of way, and snuffled happily across the grass. Linnet followed, scanning the little town until she caught sight of a small sign indicating the Pokemon Lab. Not that it really looked terribly impressive—if anything, it just looked like a slightly larger version of the other houses scattered about the little town—but in her excitement, Linnet couldn't have cared less.

"Frightful, to me," she called, and the Houndour, ears perked, slid to her side, far more graceful than her trainer bouncing up the steps to knock on the door.

Linnet was greeted by a harried-looking man in a white laboratory coat, clipboard in hand, pen clamped between his teeth, and a Treecko perched owlishly on his head. He blinked at her quizzically, as if for all the world he couldn't imagine why a girl and a Houndour could have washed up on his doorstep, and, helpfully, Linnet prompted, "I'm here to see the Professor? For a Pokedex?"

"Ah! Yes, hmm, come in."

Linnet waited a second while the man seemed to consider juggling his clipboard and pen around for a proper handshake and eventually just gave up and stepped out of the way before she stepped over the threshold, Frightful following at her heels curiously. Inside, the building much more resembled what she expected a laboratory to look like, with its clean white walls and the soft hum of background noise.

"You'll find the Professor just down that way," the scientist told her. He looked more harried than ever, and Linnet, feeling a little bewildered and a little sorry for him, thanked him quickly and hurried her way down the hallway before she could take up any more of his time.

Her meeting with Professor Birch was equally brief, although if he was as anxious to be rid of her as the first man seemed to be, he at least had the grace to hide it. It all seemed like a bit of a flurry to Linnet, rushing her way through introductions—"and this is Frightful," she remembered to add, pointing at the Houndour sniffing shyly at Birch's offered hand, peering up at him timidly—and grabbing up a Pokedex at random before marching her way right back out of the Laboratory again.

So it was with a sort of gentle bemusement that Linnet found herself walking with Frightful back out of Littleroot Town towards Route 101, Pokedex safely tucked away in her backpack.

"Well," she said, affectionately ruffling up her Houndour's fur between her ears, "It could've gone worse, right? C'mon, I wonder what Pokemon are hanging around here. Want a friend, Frightful?"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    "Here we are Celest. Oldale Town. I need you to get back in your pokeball now however." Seraph said, getting out the Aipom's pokeball. Seraph pressed the pokeball button, and the red swirl of energy came out and sucked Celest back in. As Seraph looked around, he made the conclusion that this town was judt like Littleroot; Small, quiet, and peaceful. After admiring the town for a few minutes, he walked around town until he found the Pokemon Center, and went in.
    "Nurse Joy, could you heal my pokemon?" Seraph asked.
    "Most certainly! Can I see your pokeball please?" Nurse Joy replied.
    "Sure." Seraph said, handing her the pokeball. Nurse Joy then went back.
    After a couple of minutes, Nurse Joy came back. "Your Aipom is feeling perfect now. We hope to see you again!" She said.
    "Thanks!" Seraph replied, walking out.
    Still unfamiliar with the region, he decided to go north onto Route 103 and see where that would take him, despite not knowing it was a dead end for all non-surfers. He noticed that this route was full of water, and starting becoming suspicious. Sure enough, he reached a body of water that he couldn't pass. Sighing, he turned around, aggravated that he went the wrong way. But before he could make another step, he got blasted with some mud.Slowly turning to his right, he saw two pokemon. The first, a Zigzagoon, ran off as soon as Seraph looked at it. The second pokemon, the culprit, stood frozen. Seraph got out his pokedex and used it on the pokemon. Shellos. The Sea Slug pokemon. Beware of pushing on its squishy body, as it makes a mysterious purple fluid ooze out.
    "Celest, come on out!" Seraph exclaimed, throwing out the pokeball. Celest comes out, happy as ever.
    "Celest, this light blue pokemon called Shellos just blasted me with mud! You ready to fight?" Seraph asked. Celest nodded his head vigorously.
    Battle! Wild Shellos (East Sea)!

"Celest, use Swift!" Seraph said. Celest released a barrage of stars at the Shellos. In response, the Shellos reared his head back, then forward, releasing a massive Water Pulse in response. The two attacks collide, and create a massive eplosion. Celest was still standing strong, and so was the Shellos.
    "Alright, Celest. Use Astonish!" Celest starting running toward the Shellos, but before he could get to the Shellos, the Shellos released a powerful Mud-Slap by digging into the ground and throwing it at Celest. Most of it hit Celest's face. Now blind, Celest completely whiffed the Astonish. The Shellos then released another Water Pulse at Celest and was a direct hit. The aipom slowly got up and shaked the dirt off of his face.
    "Aipom use Tail Whip!" Seraph started wagging ts tail in a taunting style at the Shellos. Aggravated, the Shellos started charging at Seraph and leaped up.
    "This I our chance! Dodge with Agility, and use Swift!" Serap exclaimed. Suddenly with unparalleled speed, Celest leaped out of the way and shot stars at the Shellos. It was double thepain a well, as the Shellos was getting battered by stars as hit the ground hurting himelf even more.
    "Now, Fury Swipes!" Seraph yelled. Celest jumped to the battered Shellos and started scratching it over and over again. When the Ipom finished the move, Seraph noticed that somehow, it still remained standing, however exusted it was, even after the defense drop from Tail Whip.
    "This thing is stubborn, yet I could teach it few things about manners and it could be a great pokemon... I have an idea!" Seraph got out a red and white sphere. "Go pokeball!" Seraph exclaimed, throwing the ball at the Shellos.

The ball started wiggling....

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016

Linnet Royer
    Route 101 | Oldale Town

228.gif

Route 101, as it turned out, was just as exciting on Linnet's way out of Littleroot Town as it had been on her way in:

Not at all.

"It's because they're terrified of you," she laughed, as Frightful eyed a rapidly retreating Bunnelby with such a perplexed look on her face that Linnet almost felt sorry for the Houndour. "Who's a big scary Pokemon, huh? You are!"

At least this time Linnet could pull out her new Pokedex, reverently running her fingers over the smooth cool metal of it for a moment before pointing it at a startled Rattata to hear the beep of recognition and the mechanical voice reciting dutifully, "Rattata. The Mouse Pokemon. Rattata is cautious in the extreme. Even when asleep…"

Frightful uttered a low wouff sound at it, and the little purple creature jumped and vanished into the grass again.

The shyness of the wild Pokemon and the absolute lack of other trainers at least meant that Linnet and Frightful made good time to Oldale Town, and with only a few scratches on her legs from particularly unruly thorns to show for it.

Oldale was not much more thrilling than Littleroot, without even the appeal of a Pokemon Laboratory to make something of the sleepy little place. Nestled cozily among the residential buildings was a Pokemon Center, and a little further along, a Pokemart. Neglecting to pause at the Pokemon Center—perhaps it'd make a good place to stay the night, but they still had the whole day to cover some ground, and Frightful hadn't so much as stumbled yet (though her trainer certainly had)—Linnet paused briefly at the Pokemart, beelining for the collection of Pokeballs stored behind the counter.

"Do you think five'll be good?" she called out to Frightful, who was waiting outside patiently, peering intently through the glass door at her. "Should I get six instead? To be safe?" As a belated aside to the shopkeeper, "Uh—wait, how much are these again?"

The shopkeeper, a youngish man who had the slightly dazed attitude of someone who might have just had the better part of his day torn apart by new Pokemon trainers blazing through the Pokemart, told her, and Linnet's look of startled dismay must have said enough: He recovered the sixth Pokeball and rang up five without even asking.

"Thanks," she said, instead of indignantly telling him that his prices were absurd, and, attempting to recover her dignity, marched out of the shop. As Frightful, tail wagging, fell into step beside her, Linnet whispered, "Remind me never to buy Pokeballs again until after we get rich."

Reaching the end of Oldale Town presented a new predicament: Two signposts, indicating Route 102 and Route 103, marked the split of two trails. Frowning, Linnet peered down Route 102 and then down Route 103, found the short distance she could see of each equally useless in indicating what lay beyond the first curves, and glanced helplessly at Frightful. "Well, what's the worst that could happen?"

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Ellis Tove -Oldale Town & Route 103

He would've been completely content to spend the rest of the day doing absolutely nothing. A pokemon battle, a grouchy taillow, getting his pokedex and as far as Ellis was concerned, that was more than enough accomplished for one day. But it didn't seem to the be the standard to call it a day so early- and Nurse Joy and her chansey's expectations had swept Ellis out the door as he failed to protest against their encouragements to try catching a wild pokemon on Route 103 before the sun went down. It wasn't as if he didn't want to catch pokemon-- but did it have to be today? Did it have to be right now? Ellis' shoulders wilted a little as the glass doors of the Pokemon Center slid shut in his face, the waving Pokemon Center residents sending him off with good lucks and well wishes.

Heaving a sigh, he shifted his bag on his shoulder and resigned himself to his fate, attaching Silas' newly returned pokeball back onto his belt. Treading the now familiar path back to Route 103, he wondered how he would dodge the fishermen he'd promised battles to earlier now that he lacked an excuse. But before he could think of a new one, Ellis noticed a stranger with a tousled brown bob and a houndour at the crossroads, coming to a stop to listen while she seemed to debate whether to go left or right. As she exchanged words with her pokemon, he finally saw it fit to pipe up, feeling it would be rude to just walk right past her without any acknowledgement whatsoever- "Um- that way is Route 103. It's a dead end- and that way is 102.... If that's what you were wondering." He added sheepishly, belatedly realizing that she might've already known that and was simply trying to choose between the two. "Er- sorry, you probably already knew that..."​

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016

Linnet Royer
    Oldale Town | Route 103

houndour.gif

Perhaps unsurprisingly, it was Frightful who noticed Ellis's approach first; the Pokemon's ears pricked, and she nudged a little closer to Linnet, who was far too distracted by regarding the pair of signposts before her to notice the Houndour's preoccupation. Running an absentminded stroke down Frightful's spine, she frowned, murmuring to herself, "Like, 103 should follow 102, right? That's how numbers work, I don't—what, Frightful?"

Looking up at last as the Houndour became increasingly insistent, shoving her wet nose against her trainer's palm, Linnet startled visibly at the appearance of a boy just behind her. His words elicited a moment of surprised silence, an owlish blinking of her eyes, and she half-glanced along each path as he named them.

"Oh," she said, finally, still bemused at how easily he'd snuck up on her—and probably without even the intention of doing so—and gathered herself enough to manage something a little closer to a real sentence. "I didn't, actually—well, I mean, I knew which was which but I didn't know that one was a dead end, so, I mean, that's new. And good to know. Thanks."

Still a little perplexed, but sincere.

She paused, studying him for a moment, eyes catching on the backpack and the Pokeball hooked at his belt. He was young, maybe her age, and for all that he stood a few inches taller than her, he wasn't terribly intimidating. He also wasn't jumping to challenge her to a battle, which was...well, kind of what Linnet expected of most trainers. Maybe he was new, one of the other of the Professor's recruits from earlier in the day.

"I'm Linnet," she offered. This time the smile came more easily, a crooked wryness to the cast of her mouth as she offered a handshake. "You kinda surprised me, I didn't expect to see anybody just now. This is Frightful—um, are you a trainer? Which way are you headed?"

Who knew, maybe she could avoid battling random strangers by hiding behind one.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years

• The ball opened again after one shake. Shellos came out and sent out a huge Water Pulse, sending Celest away. It slowly reared its head and dug on the ground, preparing another Mud Slap, just in case the opposing Aipom attacked again.

Try battling it more. Maybe it'll yield sooner.

GM Notes
    Spoiler:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Ellis Tove - Route 103

Avoiding battling random strangers was exactly Ellis' train of thought, as he felt it would be easier to get out of battle with the excuse that he couldn't make someone else wait. And here Linnet was, the perfect opportunity to gesture towards her and say nope- no can do to the enthusiastic youngsters.

But in the meantime, he had to invite her to come along. "Ah, yeah I- it's written on the sign isn't it." He laughed and scratched his head, mussing his hair even more in embarrassment, "Sorry I surprised you. But uh, yeah there's more to see on Route 103- is what I heard. So I'm headed there to try and catch something before the day's over. ...Frightful was it?" He glanced down at the Houndour curiously, intrigued over such an... ominous nickname. He didn't dwell on it however, turning his eyes back up and introducing himself properly to the both of them. "Oh- I'm Ellis. Nice to meet you." He held his hand out to shake, "Yeah- new trainer. Got my pokedex this morning. There are a ton of us who set out earlier hanging around here so it wouldn't be weird to run into one or two of the other newbies." Smiling kindly he gestured over towards Route 103, taking a few steps in that direction as he extended his invitation. "If you're headed towards 103, lets go together?"

As they made their way, Ellis inquired politely- "So, I'm guessing you're a trainer too- what with Frightful and all?" It didn't look like a battle-scarred miniature terror, but it certainly didn't look like a contest pokemon either. "Just started, or just... here for the exciting sights?" He joked, noting that there was really nothing of interest around Oldale and Littleroot as far as a Sootopolis native like him was concerned.​

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • Payton Murphy
    Odale Town

"Oh, glorious food!"

The first thing Payton had done when he arrived in Odale Town was put Skipper back in his Pokeball. The second thing he did was complain about why the laboratory was so far off the beaten path. The third was buy lunch. Traveling on an empty stomach was not so fun, and that was definitely the last time he skipped out on breakfast. He was currently wolfing down a meaty sandwich as he made his way to the Pokemart to stock up. What he was going there to buy exactly he wasn't really sure of. He needed to head north, so… what? Going north wasn't really an option right now thanks to the thick forest, so Petalburg would be the place to go from here. If he left soon then he should arrive there early enough to set up camp outside Petalburg Woods, giving him enough time the next day to make it through the woods and onwards. It was a plan.

The Pokemart was fairly small, much like the town itself, only having basic necessities for trainers that happened to be passing by. There weren't many of those anyway, outside of newbies coming and going from the laboratory. A single shelf stocked with Pokemon junk was sitting in the middle of the room, surrounded by smaller shelves on the wall and fridges at the back. A cashier was behind a counter to the left eyeing down the lone customer already inside, and… well, there wasn't much else inside to give it any kind of flair, possibly indicating that the owner didn't care or see the need. He honestly hadn't expected much, anyway.

Realising that he was in the doorway, Payton, after finishing his sandwich, started to browse what they had in stock. There were plenty of Pokeballs, which he didn't need at all. He was not a trainer, but a wanderer with a Pokemon. There were potions, which would be useful in case they encountered anything on the way. Wild Pokemon weren't much of an issue, but tamed Pokemon would definitely leave a mark on Skipper, even if it was only being led by some snot-nosed kid brat. No, he was not a trainer, but because he had a Pokemon he wasn't supposed to turn down trainer battles without a good reason. Antidotes would be good for Petalburg Woods, and there was a good chance that the Petalburg Pokemart sold them for a higher price than here thanks to a higher demand. Picking up a few of both items, plus some food for Skipper from the refrigerator, he made his way over to the counter. The cashier there seemed happy to meet Payton, which was his first mistake. Instead of just shutting up and scanning the items, he decided to pipe up. "Y'know, I can't quite tell. Are you a new trainer, or h-"

"NO!"

And there was his second mistake. The cashier jumped a little at Payton's outburst, being cut off mid-sentence. Payton himself looked a little jumpy, not expecting it himself. "I'm not a trainer. I'm a… well… I'm not a trainer. Trust me," he followed up. The guy wanted to point out that he was inside the Pokemart buying goods intended for trainers, but instead just kept his head down and checked the items on the counter. Awkward silence ensued, until Payton payed for everything and quietly slipped out. He put the items in a pocket on the inside of his coat, separating his Pokemon stuff from the rest of his belongings in his front pockets. That's Pokemon stuff, not trainer stuff. He wasn't a trainer. That guy had no idea what he was talking about. There was nothing else in Odale that he needed to do, so next up was route 102. He would have to try avoiding battles, but odds are it wouldn't be long until he got dragged into one. He wasn't even a goddamn trainer. Seriously. Not one little bit.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016

Linnet Royer
    Route 103

houndour.gif

There was not, really, a whole lot that the boy, who introduced himself as Ellis and, as Linnet had suspected, a new trainer, could have possibly said that might have deterred Linnet from trying to tag along with him. It sounded a bit childish, and—Linnet remembered the previous morning as she'd moaned over her orange juice and toast that, Mom, the point was not to be the Champion; the point was to really be independent for once—seemed a bit like cheating, somehow.

But that was a Thing that Other Trainers did, wasn't it? Traveling together? It was more fun that way, probably. And safer.

At Ellis's invitation, Linnet smiled gratefully (it didn't seem as much like cheating if he was the one to suggest it, after all) and nodded, trying not to seem too eager, "That sounds awesome, sure. Frightful, c'mon, girl."

She fell alongside Ellis, trotting a bit to make sure she wasn't holding him up, and Frightful, who had been perfectly alert before and really needed no reminder to stay close, paced at her side, tossing a curious glance at the new addition to their party of two. Linnet was not nearly as reserved as her Pokemon, relaxing into the comfort of another human's presence and the pleasant lull of conversation.

"Yeah, I am—I mean, not much of one, I've read books on how to battle and stuff but I haven't really done it, I guess?" It still sounded strange, calling herself a trainer. Yesterday she'd still had Frightful, but it had been all different then; she'd just been a kid spoiled rotten with a Pokemon she hadn't earned.

She giggled, nose scrunching wryly at the mention of excitement. So far her adventure had been anything but, although thinking like that felt like she'd jinx it. "What can I say," she joked, throwing out a hand to gesture towards the Route lying ahead of them, spotted with fishermen and kids that couldn't have been more than ten years old scampering around in search of Pokemon, "I'm passionately interested in grass and water, I just—Frightful, wait, what's wrong?"

Distracted, Linnet slowed to a stop as her Houndour's ears pricked and, with a confused whine, she spun in a little circle.

"Did you hear something?" Linnet asked, bewildered.

Which was when a warbling echo cooed from a tree. Did you? Did you?

chatot.gif

A wild CHATOT appeared!
    male | bold | keen eye
    chatter | nasty plot | encore | sing

The little bird appeared in the wake of his teasing mimicry, hopping along a branch with a mischievous tilt to its head, taunting both trainers with a cheeky flick of its metronome tail feathers. Frightful wouffed, low and annoyed, nose wrinkling into a petulant sort of growl, but the Chatot did not appear remotely ruffled, peering down at the trio.

Linnet stared, wondering vaguely if it would echo anything they said, and slowly leaned towards Ellis to whisper, "Uh—think I could catch it?"

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • Rose BurnesRoute 103/Oldale Town/Route 102

R_zpsgsdjy5oe.png

better_zpsh1ohsrxx.gif
    "Yes!" Rose throws her fist upward in victory as the ball goes still. Tanna, in turn, leaps upward, tapping her paw against her trainer's raised fists, crying out in victory. She gracefully falls back to the ground as Rose picks up their newest Pokémon. "We're gonna make a good team, Skiddo." She smiles as she hooks the Pokeball onto her belt, then holds her arms out for Tanna to hop up.
    "What do you think? Should we look around some more, or head back?" They came up here to battle Fisherman and their water type Pokémon, though they've yet to see a single fisherman. Maybe they only come up here on the weekends. Oh, well, this was hardly a lost cause.
    "Vuuuul." The fire fox comments thoughtfully, her eyes scanning the area. "Pix-pix." Nothing else seems to be catching her interest.
    "You're right. We'll have plenty of time to see water Pokémon." This region is full of water, after all. Rose holds Tanna to her chest as she begins to head back down the hill, which remained quiet, until the voice of a trainer broke through the peaceful veil.
    "Celest, use Swift!"
    Rose and Tanna both turned to see the outline of a trainer from yards away; a boy trainer, from the looks of it, and an Aipom. Deciding not to get in the trainer's way, Rose continues down the path back to Oldale town, whispering a short good luck chant to the trainer and his Aipom. "It's good to see Pokémon from home." She explains to Tanna. Johto Pokémon…she'll always have a fondness for them.
    Back in Oldale, Rose remembered her note-to-self and stopped by the Pokemart, where she purchased a few potions, and a replacement Pokeball for the one SKiddo now occupies. "You…don't carry fullheals here?" She asks the cashier as she pays.
    "No, sorry. We don't get a lot of demand for those around here." The cashier explained, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "Most trainers that come in just want the bare essentials."
    "Points for simplicity, I guess." Rose sighs as she places her new items in her bag. Looks like they'll just have to be careful to avoid poison stings and such until they get to the next city. "Thanks anyway." She waves as she heads back for the door. Next stop: Pokémon Center, Skiddo needs healing.
    "Back already?" Nurse Joy asks. This girl was here a few hours ago.
    "Yep. We have a Skiddo, now." Rose explains.
    "You two don't take any prisoners, do you?" Joy smiles to the Vulpix as it hops onto the counter.
    "That's the plan." Rose grins as she unhooks her Pokémon from her belt and passes them over to the Pokémon Nurse.
    "I'll be sure to warn my cousin in Petalburg about you." Joy giggles as she loads the two Pokémon into the machine (Tanna took no damage from their last encounter, and really has no desire to get back into her ball in order to go through the machine). Seconds later the familiar alarm makes its familiar jingle, and Joy hands the Pokeballs back to the blue haired girl. "There we go! Everyone's fighting fit!"
    "Thanks again!" Rose chimes as she collects her Pokémon, then makes an excited bolt to the door, Tanna at her heels.
    "To route 102 and beyond, right?" She asks the fire fox as they head for the nearest exit to the town.
    "Vul vul-pix!" Tanna cheers.
    "That's what I like to hear! We'll-"
    "DON'T TAKE ANOTHER STEP!" Calls a frantic voice from seemingly out of nowhere. The shock of the unexpected scream, along with the urgency, causes Rose to jolt backward—with an unsteady stride…and fall backwards.
    Before she can even begin to process what just happened (and why she's on the ground) a man appears over her, wide eyed and frantic. "Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" He quickly (and shakenly) reaches down to pull the girl trainer back onto her feet.
    "It's…fine." She mumbles, brushing her backside off. "Was I about to step on a mine or something?"
    "No, not a bomb, a fantastic find!" The man excitedly gestures to the ground below him.
    Rose follows the man's hands with her eyes, blinking in confusion at the bare ground. "…Footprints?" She asks quietly.
    "Not just any footprints. Rare footprints! Never before seen footprints!—Not here, anyway. I just had to sketch them before someone steps on them, and they're gone forever…and…that's when you came along."
    "…Okay." Somehow, Rose is even more confused now. "But…why are you just sketching the footprints? If the Pokémon is so rare, don't you want to find it?"
    "Oh…if only I could." The man sighs. "The footprints end here, see?" He gestures to where the small dirt path ends, now shaded over in grass. "Without its tracks, how can I follow it?"
    That is the most logical thing this man has said to her since they started talking. True, they'd have a hard time tracking whatever left these tracks…however. "I have an idea." Rose detaches the friend ball from her belt. "Come on out, Kiba." The light bursts from the ball, taking shape into the little hyena.
    "Kiba." Rose smiles. "Do you think you can track down the Pokémon that left these footprints?"
    Kiba looks down at the patch of dirt and leans down, giving the ground a hesitant sniff, followed by a longer one. After a few seconds he turns his nose upward and sniffs the air. He barks, then turns to his trainer, his tail wagging with certainty.
    "I think he's got it." Rose turns to her strange companion. "Let's go." The Pokemaniac seems surprised, though he gives her a short nod and begins to follow. "What kind of Pokémon usually live on this route?" She asks. She's still yet to figure out how to get her Pokedex to tell her…or if it even can.
    "Here, on route 102, there's Wurmple, Zizgagoon, Azuril, Ralts, Lotad, Gothita, Tymple, and Poochyena." He smiles down at the dark type leading them, which causes Kiba to yip happily.
    "Wurmple…they evolve into two different Pokémon, don't they?" She asks. "Do you know how their evolution is determined?" She saw a lot of beautiflies in the Bug Catching Contests back home, they often got pretty high marks from the judges…it might be fun to raise a Beautifly.
    "If you're looking for a specific one, you're better off catching one of the 'coons. Wurmples are random little guys."
    As they walk, The Pokemaniac continues to tell Rose interesting little tidbits about the Pokémon of the area, such as the confusion that surrounds Azuril not being a water type, and Gothita being a psychic type, despite resembling a dark type. Turns out this crazy footprint guy isn't as weird as he comes off; he's just incredibly enthusiastic about Pokémon. It's only when Kiba stops walking that their conversation comes to a stop.
    "What is it, Kiba?" Rose asks. Her Poochyena is pointing its nose toward a large bush, his tail held outright and perfectly still. "Is the Pokémon in there?"
    Kiba replies with a short bark. His tail relaxes as he trots to the bush, which he sticks his nose into.
    "BULBA-SAUR!" The bush cries, a vine whip shooting from the leaves and smashing into the ground about an inch from the Poochyena, which sends the dark type rushing back to its trainer.
    "It's a Bulbasaur!" The Pokemaniac exclaims, truly excited.
    "Something must have frightened him into that bush." Rose thinks out loud. Aren't Bulbasaur generally docile? This one was pretty intense.
    "Do you think we can help it somehow?" Her new companion asks. He looks pretty concerned for the little Pokémon.
    If it's not coming out for a Pokémon, it's probably not going to come out for humans…and it definitely won't come out for a fire Pokémon like Tanna, if it's already frightened…but…just maybe. "Let me try something." She whispers, reaching for her last Pokéball. "Help us out, Shura." Shura; she came up with the name on their walk back to Oldale town. It's a strong name, and it just…fits.
    "Skiddo?" The little goat asks as its released from its ball. It was told to help. Help how?
    "Do you think you can convince the Bulbasaur in that bush to come out? He's pretty scared."
    "Skiiiid!" Shura cheers. He turns and quietly approaches the bush. If Bulbasaur was going to come out for anyone, there best bet was a fellow grass type.
    The bush wiggles in protest as Shura stands next to it, but the little goat doesn't falter, it continues speaking to the bush, which begins to respond with quiet grunts after about a minute. Finally, vines slip out from Skiddo's grass pelt and reach into the bush. The vines wrap around the timid plant Pokémon and slowly pull it from the bush. The Bulbasaur has a pretty good sized bruise on its head, along with a few cuts on its legs.
    "Skid-Skid!" Skiddo smiles as it puts Bulbasaur down in front of it.
    "What happened to you, Little one?" Rose asks. In reply, the Bulbasaur only looks to the ground.
    "…He must have been running away from some pretty bad people." The Pokemaniac speaks up. "That's how he got all the way out here." The man sinks onto his knees, looking positively distraught by the condition the little dinosaur is in.
    "Saaur?" Bulbasaur blinks, its mouth slightly opened. Why is this human so sad? It wasn't the one that got attacked.
    "I know it doesn't make up for what you've been through but…here." The Pokemaniac takes out a bandage from his pocket, which he nervously puts over the bruise on Bulbasaur's head.
    "Bulba?" A vine comes from the bulb atop the dino's back, which it runs along the bandage in order to feel it. What is this thing?
    "You…wanna see?" The Pokemaniac takes his Pokenav out of his pocket and holds it out to the Bulbasaur: Using its blank screen like a mirror.
    "Saur?" Bulbasaur looks at its reflection with interest. It seems pretty happy at the sight, with the big bruise hidden. "Saur!" It cheers, doing a small flip in celebration. "Bulba Saur!"
    The cute display causes both Rose and the Pokemaniac to laugh. Rose wanted to track these prints for the chance to see and maybe even catch the rare Pokémon, but looking at Bulbasaur now…she's not the one this Bulbasaur should belong to. "Hey, Bulbasaur?"
    Bulbasaur looks away from the Pokemaniac, who is currently making silly faces at the dino to make it laugh, to look at Skiddo's trainer. "Saur?"
    She cups a single hand around her mouth, as if she's telling a secret, though her voice remains at its normal volume. "I think my friend would really like you to go with him, but he's too shy to ask. What do you think?"
    Bulbasaur looks to the Pokemaniac, who seems a little stunned by Rose's sudden proposition. He's no trainer, he's never had a Pokémon of his own, and yet he watches as vines reach out from the dino's bulb and wrap around his own hands. "You…really mean it, Bulba?"
    "Bulba! Bulbasaur!" The Pokémon replies excitedly.
    There's just the slightest hint of a tear threatening to show itself in the Pokemaniac's eye as he reaches down and picks up the Pokémon—his Pokémon. "Th-then…the first thing we should do is get you your very own Pokeball from the Pokemart, and after that I'll take you to the Pokémon center, and Nurse Joy can fix up these scratches." When he started speaking he sounded pretty nervous, but by the time he finished, his voice was brimming with determination and excitement. He has a Pokémon! "Do you want to head back with us, Rose?"
    "I think I'd be a third wheel." Rose giggles. "You two head back. We'll check in on you when we get to the next city." Mr. Footprints mentioned which house was his; it shouldn't be too hard to find the number once she's at a computer. "Take care of each other." With those words she hurriedly begins to back away, hoping her hurried pace will keep him from asking her again. This is a journey those two need to make together, and she needs to get some moving again before the sun sets.
    "Same goes for you!" The Pokemaniac calls. Shura and Bulbasaur exchange in a vinewhip-handshake before the little goat trots to his trainer.
    Rose walks back to the beaten path and looks ahead. If they follow this path they'll eventually make it to the next city—the key word being eventually. With such a lengthy path, there's bound to be a few trainers looking for battles, and the thought of that really excites her. "Looks like there's a lot of Route 102 to go."

ooc
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Sighing, Seraph pondered over his options. This is a tougher Shellos than I thought... he thought. "Ok, Celest. Use Fury Swipes, then jump up!" Still blazing with Agilitified speed, Celest quickly ran up to the Shellos and started angrilly clawing the Shellos. The Shellos didn't have enough time to send the Mud-Slap Celest's way, and only when the Aipom was scratching him. The blast of mud hit the Aipom.
    "Now jump!" Blinded, Celest jumped, waiting for his next command. "Ok, use Tail Whip in the air, and put some more body language in it!" The blind Aipom made itself look really cute while wagging its tail. However, it was the complete opposite direction of the Shellos. Though thanks to the body language, it had its desired effect, and Shellos went in for another Body Slam, aggravated. It was a direct hit, and the two pokemon were sent even higher into the air.
    "Celest, turn your head around and use Astonish!" Despite constrained by the attack, Celest managed to pull the move off before hitting the ground, and so it suffered less injuries. On the other side, the Shellos fell with a huge crash and created a huge cloud of smoke. When it cleared, the Shellos was standing, but it literally wasn't moving.
    "Good job Celest! You made him flinch!" Seraph exclaimed. "Now, use Swift!" Celest shot the star shaped rays at the dazed Shellos, and each star made a direct impact on the Shellos. Yet it still stood. Exausted, but still battling, the Shellos released a collection of red colored orbs at Celest. It took a second for Seraph to register what move that was, and by that time, the Hidden Power had already hit Celest.
    "Celest, sorry! If you can still fight, use Swift!" Celest released the stars at the Shellos again; However a Water Pulse easily nullified the attack.
    "Celest, use Swift again!" The Aipom released the move, but gets rejected by another Water Pulse. Seraph was running out of options. Too impatient to wait for Seraph, the Shellos released a barrage of red orbs, Hidden Power Fire, at the Aipom.
    "Celest, use Agility and dodge it!" Celest started moving even faster than before. Seeing the fast moving Aipom gave him an idea.
    "Celest, use Tail Whip, then Agility when he gets close!" Celest whipped its tail back and forth like before, and just like before, the Shellos got pretty upset at Celest and charged at it with Body Slam.
    "Now, dodge with Agility!" Celest managed to get out of the way well before the attack came.
    "Now, jump behind it, and use Swift on his back until you reach the ground. Fall on top of him and use Fury Swipes!" Celest bounded out of the Shellos' s target area before the Shellos reached his high point in Body Slam. Celest jumped, but not only trailed him in the air, but got onto the Shellos' s back and joined the ride while chucking stars at the Shellos' s back. They hit the ground, and it looked like all those Tail Whip's paid off as even though Celest took some damage from hitting the ground, the power of a physical move after many Tail Whip's seemed to take its toll on the Shellos. As soon as Celest stopped the onslaught, Celest got out a pokeball and said, "Let's try this again, Shellos!"

Seraph threw the pokeball and it started to shake...

Last edited:
    Years
  • SPL6KhE.png

Aria Duchannes

Aria looked around Route 101, her eyes wide. She hadn't had the time to truly look around earlier, since she had been rushing to get to the Professor's lab. Now she could see how beautiful Hoenn really was. It was nothing like Lavender Town, that's for sure. Lavender Town was dark and dreary, and Hoenn was bright and… hopeful. She didn't know how else to explain it. It felt like things would be different here.

"Do you see this, Eliza?" she asked softly, still looking around in awe. She regretted not bringing her camera with her to Hoenn. She could be taking some beautiful pictures for her scrapbook right about now.

It's very pretty, the Espurr agreed telepathically. She picked a few flowers and used her powers to make another flower crown, although this one was smaller and made to fit her head. Aria frowned.

"You remember what Cam told us, Eliza. We shouldn't use our abilities too much until we know that we can control them."

You didn't complain earlier. Eliza pouted and crossed her arms. You ruin everything fun.

"Losing control isn't 'fun', Eliza. Can't you take anything seriously?" Eliza crossed her arms and
    turned away, pouting. Aria sighed as she felt a sudden change in the air. Eliza was in a bad mood, and it would be bad to push her any further. She briefly considered returning the feline to her Pokeball, but decided against it. Eliza hated being inside her Pokeball.

Aria walked to Oldale in silence, giving Eliza time to cool off. The small Espurr sat on her shoulder, picking at her fur. Aria sighed as she reached Oldale, and Eliza still hadn't said anything. This was the longest Eliza had ever been silent.

Are you just going to give me the silent treatment all day? Aria asked Eliza as she bought a few Pokeballs, noting how the cashier seemed to be a bit grumpy. She frowned as she put the Pokeballs in her pocket and left the Pokemart.

"I'm sorry, Eliza. I'm just scared… I don't want anything bad to happen again."

You don't have any faith in me, Eliza said softly, looking up at Aria. I'm scared too, but being scared won't help anything.

"I know," Aria murmured, adjusting the flowers on her head for what felt like the hundredth time. She looked down and sighed. "I know…"

Don't worry so much, Ari! Everything's okay!

"Yeah… Everything's okay. Are you ready to move on now?"

I was born ready, Eliza said, holding on tightly to Aria's shoulder. Aria nodded and headed out to Route 102, hoping to find a few Pokémon to catch.

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
    Years
  • Luna face palmed as the wild Ralts broke free from the Poke ball and Growled at Dratini.
    "Right." She began muttering to herself, "I was a bit too eager." Luna deeply inhaled and exhaled, her smile being replaced with a cold, indifferent face. "Dratini, Wrap." The serpent-like Pokemon obeyed, quickly wrapping around and crushing Ralts. "Now, jump and throw it back down." Dratini, while still wrapped around Ralts, jumped high into the air. It then spun once and hurled Ralts to the ground. Ralts crashed, leaving a small dent in the ground due to the impact. "Now! Follow up with Iron Tail!" Luna called out.
    Dratini solidified it's tail to the point where it was metal, and brought it down on the poor Ralts. A dust cloud rose from the hit, but had quickly settled. The Ralts was there, struggling to get up, but was hurt badly. 'That was a bit overkill, I guess" Luna thought to herself. She then threw another Poke ball at Ralts, and waited as the shaking began once again.

Back