• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stat Me

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • What are your thoughts on heavily stat based things? Would you be interested in playing in an rp where what you could do were defined by a static number? Outbreak is really the only one I know off the top of my head that actually used stats. And for shits and giggles, stat your favorite character in any rp.

HP
    Strength
    Fortitude
    Badassery level
    etc

Years
  • I generally don't like stat-based games as much, but if they're done well they can be amazing. Outbreak for example, did it so well. I really loved Outbreak.

Stats for McGregor from Outbreak

HP: 20
    Strength: 50
    Fortitude: 45
    Badassery: 2374

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    I loved playing TextQuest on the Pokemon Showdown which was really great roleplaying with hard numbers. Also I DM'd a few times in my life and I've done both stat and non-stat games. If the stats are simple I can do it, but d not make DX op, and a stat like CH not relevant.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I think stats are a good way to retain consistency within RPs, so I'm generally all for them as long as they're used correctly. None of the RPs I'm in right now would benefit from any kind of strength stats for the characters, but in Gunpowder stats like "money" and "bounty" keep track of the characters activity.
    I'd do the character stat thing, but I have no idea what the scaling is here :(

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    There was an rp system that didn't have gold but used wealth instead and people rolled for thier purchases to see if they got it on sale, how long they would have to wait before getting it.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I'm not a big fan of stats on games (yes. I just kind of roll with it everytime I play) and certainly not on RPs. I prefer to just describe how my character does than assign numbers to it. It feels more right.

Although, Outbreak's Perception stat was good.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Yeah, I'd never be able to do a stat RP. It's too... much? for me. I'd probably forget my numbers and I don't think I'd know how much a change in number would make unless the GM spelled it out for me.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • Stats are rather pointless, and unless you get creative/silly with them and the rules of the RP, they just determine the outcome of things before they happen. Non-combative stats, as in things for like personality traits, is kinda pointless imo because you can just as easily talk about it rather than give a number value that really tells us nothing.

Back