• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

With Dignity [Morbidly Mature Themes]

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Make the players the "demons" trying to save these kids from killing themselves. It solves a few problems, the first being that to play a character you must put yourself in their shoes, and it will be much more psychologically healthy if you're stopping a suicide than is you're trying to commit it.

Secondly, it will make the end goal of the player much more concrete. They are no longer trumping themselves, but someone else. You still have the character who is self harming, or attempting to, but it's detached by a degree.

(Ps, writing fast on toilet while at work. I'll edit for clarity, or respond to responses with more clarity later. I just wanted to write this in here because I tend to forget ideas)

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • Make the players the "demons" trying to save these kids from killing themselves.

I'm assuming you are saying that we as players somehow become the summoned manifestation, and instead of tormenting the characters, we convince the characters in their head to not kill themselves, essentially playing as the voice of reason for a character that we either control as an NPC or assign to another player while we, the voices, play to the idea of breaching a forth wall to insert ourselves and communicate.

But that's not functional outside of a short story, despite the interesting POV. It just will not work for a role-play, despite the fact that this proposal--whether I've interpreted it correctly or not, as I did isolate that sentence so it can be shown for what it is--has completely missed the point of my concept of With Dignity.

I'm not sure if you are wholly grasping my original concept or if you are superficially seeing the words "suicide" and thinking "bad" and "taboo" and trying to suggest I utterly avert it.

Jauntier

Years
  • I think allowing for characters totally unfamiliar with the supernatural will make interactions and plot lines a lot more interesting.

I could go at it two ways:

I could 1) let it range from people who are dead unbelieving of the fact to someone who could be as versed or at least as interested as my character Dolly, or 2) I could have it be like instead of these five students seemingly unrelated come together, I could have it be like they were their own little club to talk about cults and the occult, videos or pictures of gruesome things that they either enjoyed or added to their distaste of the state of the human race or some other existential thing with these kids, stories and studies of prolific killers and the like--everything morbid--and then one day they decide for whatever reason that they just want to band together and die.

If the club leans more so on cults and the occult, they may be more willing to deal with the summoned demons. I think the twist for that would be that everything they "learned" about them is likely wrong, as a wry commentary on how human knowledge is limited and the supernatural is beyond the understanding of zealots.

Just changing the group dynamic to be a more cohesive group could make for more cooperation early on, but those two options are on the table while I begin to consider if I want this to turn into a combative role-play, and how.

Years
  • Ultimately it's up to you, but from my experience limiting the scope of characters interests and personalities is going to be something you should avoid.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • I'm not sure if you are wholly grasping my original concept or if you are superficially seeing the words "suicide" and thinking "bad" and "taboo" and trying to suggest I utterly avert it.

I wasn't grasping your concept. Mine was a bright idea brought on by a poo in my work bathroom days after reading your idea and remodeling it, accidentally, in my head as something new. It was this false idea which I was responding to.

The idea I was responding to is one in which gaurdian demons are attached to the characters who are trying to kill themselves. The demons trumping the characters suicidal attempts at every turn.

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    So I just want to say that I find it very commendable when any artist or writer decides to branch out and seamlessly explore territories that edge on completely opposite sides on the creative spectrum, instead of safely sticking to familiar grounds. Like, comparing this darker theme to your Cornered On The Market RP is really fascinating. (I wish I could have joined it)

There are a couple of questions I want to ask about this; I apologize if they've already been answered earlier and I just shamelessly skimmed over it. Assuming you are still keeping some semblance of the whole student-demon pair regardless of the issues, I feel like the motives that urges the demons to kill their host is a little too straightforward and it'd seem difficult to give any development for their personal ideologies and ambitions in the story's plot, considering they're all motivated by the same, sole reason of wanting to escape their hosts. Could the demons have bigger reasons for wanting to their hosts to kill themselves aside from just wanting to be rid of them? Also, while it is clear that demons are confined to a single human host and most likely cannot interact with other humans, are these demons capable of at least interacting with one another? Maybe there could be times where they could lend a hand to one another when dealing with their hosts, or maybe actively sabotage each other's plans because they're so egotistical and twisted that they have to make a competition out of the whole ordeal. Like, say if a player with a human character had to be temporarily absent, the demon that's connected with that person could roam around and tag along with other demons. (though it seems likely that the demons can't go too far from their host, considering they are seeking for their own freedom)

Also, as it was already mentioned that, since most of the students were already determined to die anyway, the possible threat of being vaguely damned to eternal suffering doesn't seem like it would realistically deter them from their self-destructive intentions, less they are among the people who never truly desired to die but simply wanted to reach out to others for help (which could justify them joining a satanic cult in the first place, mostly out of desperate hopes to connecting with other people). These guys could easily retort to such a cruel fate by simply eluding to how "Hell is other people" and even in the worst case scenario, it's not like they'd be deprived of any more of their own freedom. Likewise, the threat of endangering other people, even if they are loved ones, might not really encourage them to survive for their sake. Though I can't personally advocate, I always felt like true suicidal urges (as in, not just doing it as a cry for help) derives from a sense of hopeless nihilism, which probably makes a person feel too detached from the rest of the world and feel too apathetic and jaded to really show any genuine motive of caring for other people, let alone themselves. So, what if rather than focusing on the repercussions of getting killed by the demon, what if the students also gained an extra benefit out of defeating their demon? How about a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to restore their broken life or burn everything they ever hated in life, with survival being just a nice bonus? Just some dumb thoughts.

Anyways, this is quite a controversial theme and I'm not really sure if I have the heart to actually join. Not because I find the whole thing too grim or insensitive -- I'm actually genuinely interested in joining a darker roleplay that focuses on psychological horror mixed with the supernatural. It's just, I guess I don't feel too confident enough in my own lame writing and am a bit concerned that I might seem overly callous while playing with the story's given theme, especially since I'm more used to more goofy comedy-inspired stories. Though, I suppose if you had to write in anything revolving around something as touchy as suicide, there's always gonna be a risk of being inadvertently contentious.

Jauntier

Years
  • So I just want to say that I find it very commendable when any artist or writer decides to branch out and seamlessly explore territories that edge on completely opposite sides on the creative spectrum, instead of safely sticking to familiar grounds. Like, comparing this darker theme to your Cornered On The Market RP is really fascinating. (I wish I could have joined it)

Why thank you, I truly appreciate the compliment. As an aside, you are always free to chat with my Cornered folk in the OOC, as it is open to everyone who reads along.

To address your first question: I had originally figured that now that these manifestations were given sentience, born from the student's ill intentions and amplified by the manner in which the demons were summoned, they basically had the drive that the students collectively had in carrying out death, only that drive is turned right back around and focused on the student as an additional outside pressure. That, and, now that they have sentience, when freed, are allowed to be in a sense "reclaimed" to a separate spiritual plane where their kind belongs and further matures. I hadn't thought to explain that, so thank you for provoking that response.

I would have to disagree with your next paragraph. What was previously mentioned was that, if students saw a demonic presence which presented to them the consequence of suicide while bound being damnation, the students who don't believe in supernatural anything would simply take this as a sick hallucination or some kind of proof of their deteriorating mental condition, and be all the more determined to flee from it through a final solution. It is not so much that they see a looming, corrupt representation of malevolence with irreverence and say "well, I'd rather have my flesh melt off my bone than be alive with other people". But if it would assure you and others intending to make a character who is somehow that defiant and intent on suicide, then I will have the demons show a glimpse of a general "hell" to the students, one in which the hallucination is fully sensory, even tricking the brain into feeling what it sees as well. An immersive event for a few seconds, before a blackout into the next convenient story arrangement, I'm sure. If all of that yet still doesn't motivate a student, then perhaps the player themselves should lend to making their character a little more malleable for the sake of enjoying the role-play instead of trying to impede it by being obdurate.

My advice to you in joining future role-plays in general is to take pride in your own work. Being so needlessly self-deprecating will not only become consistently bothersome to the people who are trying to enjoy what creativity you have to offer to their role-plays, but it subconsciously impedes your own ability to write. If you don't have respect for your own potential and doggedly put it down time and time again, then after a time, others will see no point in being friendly and encouraging because it will come off as a waste of time. As for this role-play's theme in particular, I'm not too concerned in trying to honor any real-world plights, as this is the plight of a character of your creation, to be toyed with for your own brand of entertainment, and is very obviously not to be taken as emblematic of anything beyond itself. Doing so is saying that someone isn't allowed to characterize "x" because someone else sees it as representative of "y" culture, which is a stretch for a role-play forum, mildly put.

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Jauntier said:
    My advice to you in joining future role-plays in general is to take pride in your own work. Being so needlessly self-deprecating will not only become consistently bothersome to the people who are trying to enjoy what creativity you have to offer to their role-plays, but it subconsciously impedes your own ability to write. If you don't have respect for your own potential and doggedly put it down time and time again, then after a time, others will see no point in being friendly and encouraging because it will come off as a waste of time.

So, in other words I should be more jauntier? Er, I mean... Don't get the idea that I have cripplingly low self-esteem or anything, I just like poking at myself just so I always realize that there's always room for improvement in whatever I do. I say this, despite being so lazy.

Just to clarify on my concern: I just feel like it's very, very easy to inadvertently write some offensive things while exploring the darker themes of the story through my writing. It can happen, especially if things drowsiness from long days or reckless enthusiasm impair my judgement and foresight. Being so new to the forums, I don't feel super comfortable having the risk of maybe upsetting a few people by accident (though, honestly, I'm starting to get the idea that everyone here is genuinely friendly).

Anyways... I didn't intend for my second paragraph to sound as if I was actually trying to encourage the student characters to actually just go up and nonchalantly kill themselves simply out of spite and apathy. I was just wondering if it was possible that, if there is a student that's depicted as a nihilistic sociopath depraved of any sense and dignity, we could establish other motives for outwitting the demons, besides because they're now scared of dying to their hands. But I suppose, after reassessing the whole story, this idea wouldn't exactly fit with the intended theme of literally overcoming one's inner demon -- I would imagine everyone would instinctively want to subdue such evils, whether out of simple fear or coming to a sudden revelation that this is not what they wanted.

After reading your post, I'm getting the idea that the characteristics and traits of these demons are heavily based on the host they are bound to, deriving from the darker depths of their self-destructive ego. If I'm interpreting that correctly, is that the reason why they also show the students the consequences of dying? Like, in some subtle way, are they trying to encourage them to fight back their urges? Since, otherwise, they could just lie and keep the host in the dark about what really happens when they die. Also, if that's the case, does that mean that for the players who control demons, they'll have to base their characters off of their selected human hosts? If so, that's actually a very interesting dynamic since you have to study a certain character's profile and work off of that.

Also, one minor thing; a very specific question I forgot to ask before (sorry! I didn't realize I'd be asking so much for this, lol!). This is related to the aesthetics of the story. Um... What do demons look like? Are they strictly humanoid? I'm suspecting they are eldritch in design given the demonic setting, but are there any specific standards and limits you had in mind, or can they look like anything so as long they aren't incongruous or silly to the story's mood?

Jauntier

Years
  • So, in other words I should be more jauntier? Er, I mean... Don't get the idea that I have cripplingly low self-esteem or anything, I just like poking at myself just so I always realize that there's always room for improvement in whatever I do. I say this, despite being so lazy.

Yes, be more me. Everyone would benefit from my traits. But if that's your way of joking about, then I don't have any qualms or the like. I do meet people on he regular though who are not as self-aware, so my advice stems from that, though do not disregard it should it ever become relevant to you and your tenure here, mate.

Just to clarify on my concern: I just feel like it's very, very easy to inadvertently write some offensive things while exploring the darker themes of the story through my writing. It can happen, especially if things drowsiness from long days or reckless enthusiasm impair my judgement and foresight. Being so new to the forums, I don't feel super comfortable having the risk of maybe upsetting a few people by accident (though, honestly, I'm starting to get the idea that everyone here is genuinely friendly).

If you are so concerned about a reader taking personal offense or the guilt you assign to it, then surely, feel free to refrain signing up for this role-play should the corrected story come to fruition. I'm not trying to convince people to join if they feel uncomfortable playing with certain mature themes. I am trying to sort out some mechanics so that this makes for a fully-functional and enthralling role-play for all players who find the idea interesting enough to see it through and join, or at least read along. What you decide during this process is all up to you, and that's okay.

After reading your post, I'm getting the idea that the characteristics and traits of these demons are heavily based on the host they are bound to, deriving from the darker depths of their self-destructive ego. If I'm interpreting that correctly, is that the reason why they also show the students the consequences of dying? Like, in some subtle way, are they trying to encourage them to fight back their urges? Since, otherwise, they could just lie and keep the host in the dark about what really happens when they die. Also, if that's the case, does that mean that for the players who control demons, they'll have to base their characters off of their selected human hosts? If so, that's actually a very interesting dynamic since you have to study a certain character's profile and work off of that.

Well now, you ask very good questions. You're certainly inclined as a writer.

On the part of demons being somewhat based off of their selected host, it was what I had originally intended to work on in some way, but as concerns of tethering and demon characters coming off as secondary or overly-dependent came in, I decided I wanted to give demons a little more freedom. Perhaps it would benefit me to post my working "Stipulations" to the first post, so that some things concerning dynamics are explained. But for the student sign up sheet, I do have it required to list their character's "faults and fears", presumably the ones that have some weight to it. I'd be the first to post my Dolly student character application so others can see an example of how the application may be filled out and build their student characters to par, but the faults and fears section was and still is to be used by their demon for a more keen exploitation.

As for the concept of essentially some subtle encouragement of fighting back their urges, as nice a thought as that is, the demons themselves are not concerned with helping their student. If their student doesn't die, their only other option of being unbound is through that demon's specific cleansing rite, and that would be an utter erasure of the demon's existence. No, that doesn't mean that the student's suicidal tendencies were separated from them and formed into this spiritual embodiment, and as that is eradicated, so too is their desire to commit it. In case you were thinking in that way, the demons are just representative, not actually the student's bad thoughts in a form. You get what I mean?

The alternative is that they live with their demon and try to eke it out, but I'm writing the demon, as I said prior in this thread, to be more malevolent and have an effect much greater than its immediate connection with its host.

Also, one minor thing; a very specific question I forgot to ask before (sorry! I didn't realize I'd be asking so much for this, lol!). This is related to the aesthetics of the story. Um... What do demons look like? Are they strictly humanoid? I'm suspecting they are eldritch in design given the demonic setting, but are there any specific standards and limits you had in mind, or can they look like anything so as long they aren't incongruous or silly to the story's mood?

They can look like anything that isn't utterly ridiculous, like a block of cheese, or doesn't fit with my original stipulation--which I haven't mentioned yet--concerning the absence of an established demonic hierarchy and actual "sacred" figures, like a flat-out claim of Baphomet.

So basically, your demon's "true" form--the form your host will see--could range from that of a black cat to a ten-year-old ghost child in a white nightgown, to a busty and bat-winged woman in scant attire, to a scaled-down version of a Dark Souls boss. It almost doesn't matter to me, but I suppose what I will allow will have to be challenged by actual sign ups, since anything that looks excessively extravagant will leave me iffy until I work out broadening the demon role. And they all will be equally powerful despite these forms, though their powers will come with their unique abilities and not so much from their actual form.

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • An RP about suicide is certainly controversial, and I won't deny that without tact, it can crumble easily. Though, I just want to make aware that this aversion towards the topic is rather odd in my eyes.

First and foremost, I recognize suicide as a serious problem,and I in no way wish to diminish this. That being said, suicide is not the worst RP topic that this forum has explored. We have had several RPs about war, and all of them were welcomed without the same controversy that this RP has generated. Why is that? Why are we allowing war, a very real problem in the world that affects hundreds of thousands if not millions of people, to be on the table so easily? Where do we draw the line and how is that line drawn?

In defense of the RP, it isn't about in my eyes. It contains heavy themes of suicide, but its goal isn't to advocate, glorify, or make a game out of the subject (much like war is portrayed in both media and the aforementioned RPs). Instead, it puts the player in an interesting position, it makes the writer Role Play through the eyes of a person who would make the decision to commit suicide. It forces the writer to take a perspective of the character, and a good writer will do their best to do that character justice. Due to this, I think its a great opportunity to make people more aware of suicide. Any bastardizations of the topic would be primarily the fault of the players.

I don't think war or suicide or untouchable topics at all. I think the point of writing is to explore themes that we would shy away from in real life. It allows us to build up our perspective, and tackle issues that would otherwise be hard to come to terms with in real life. When an RP about war comes around, it's in our (as the writers) best interest to embrace the topic with tact and respect, and the exact same I will say for suicide. Being uncomfortable isn't an excuse for avoidance when it comes to writing and knowledge.

Jauntier

Years
  • Being uncomfortable isn't an excuse for avoidance when it comes to writing and knowledge.

You bring up some very keen and helpful points, and I'm very thankful for the support.

I will say though, that in the end, the point of a role-play forum is for casual fun. There are some people who do not write to explore mature or dark subjects. They merely write for entertainment, and entertainment for them has to be something they are comfortable with. If they justify feeling that they will not do a character or subject justice because of some stigma they imagine will bear down on them from other users or feeling inadequate in writing what they feel has to be a poignant character, well, they are free to weave that connection and hang off on the side.

After all, an interest check is just that. It isn't necessarily a recruitment ground where I am to convince people to join as it is my proposed idea should do that for me. This is clearly a role-play that challenges sensibilities, whatever reaction it will receive is to be expected and respected, for the most part.

In the end, whether or not you make your student character survive the ordeal is up to the player. If you want your character to come out of it alive and feeling renewed, that is up to you. If you want to instead strongly allude that they went off from the trauma to put it and everything else to rest, that is up to you as well. They are both heavy statements and I like actions with weight.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
  • I will say that I agree immensely with Mr. Khawill's sentiments: if you're going to be as creative as you can be, you can't let yourself shirk away from things that everyone else finds uncouth. Personally, I've always had a grim satisfaction in the conflicts between a man and his mind, the more extreme the better. I would like to say that I would be quite ecstatic and honored to be able to engage in such a unique and thoughtful RP, if indeed it can come to fruition within my time here.

Now, Mr. Jauntier, I will echo the sentiments of some others and say that I don't like to tell you how to run your RP (as far as I can tell, you do a pretty good job of it regardless), but I am not above offering suggestions to address some of the problems the others have brought to the fore.

There seemed to be an issue about IC incentive for the grace period as well as the manner of plot-directing the GM could exercise, and the problem of a demon simply becoming quite lazy and just attempting to drive their host to death by sacrificing any sort of substantial interactions or characterizations to repeatedly say "lol kill urself". If I may be so bold: the ritual that summoned them was supernatural and presumably rather curious, no? As in it evidently wasn't obvious that it was calling demons because everyone did it on accident?

Perhaps in line with that there can be an expansion on similarly not-obvious supernatural cues. Perhaps the demons don't just want to kill their host, they want to kill their host just so. Preferably, at least. Like, killing them is the goal, but they'd really prefer to kill them in a specific way or setting to further their power on release? And they definitely don't want them croaking prematurely.

Perhaps the GM could send a PM to each demon regarding some really backwards little thing they have to get their human to do before the next day. Like, really off the wall stuff, like walk clockwise around a city block twice or, hell, chew two sticks of gum at once. After all, supernatural stuff doesn't have to make sense to us. This would give each demon a short-term goal to work towards that the students are not aware of. And if the demon successfully does it, perhaps they get some minor permanent boost in power at the conclusion of the day (like it can move a few feet from its student now, or its power of hallucination can affect small animals in the student's proximity. Little stuff, nothing huge). This would help balance it for the demons, since the demons don't have free movement.

To steer the students, perhaps the summoning ritual that brought the demons in wasn't instantaneous? Maybe it's a continuous summon ritual that lasts seven days, with effects throughout, and the goal for the students is to interrupt it while the demons want to complete it (and strictly don't want the students to die prematurely)? Maybe each day the demon is drawn to some locale or scenario as the summoning carries on--bringing the student with it--and the student then reacts to that scenario while the demon tries to use it to its advantage and fulfill its daily duty. Perhaps each student also has a PM about something they have to make the demon say or something during that day to inhibit the ritual.

And then at the end of each day, each pair is notified as either having further weakened its demon (when the student completes the task), having empowered its demon (when the demon completes its task), or as having no change (when both fail OR both succeed). And no one is ever told what those tasks were, even after the fact. It would introduce a curious sort of manipulation play in each pair, and maybe the tasks get progressively harder to play away from (dare I say, more Jauntien): maybe a student has to make its demon say something like "I'm not telling you anymore" or a demon has to make its student refuse to do some minor curious thing. See, because the demons would eventually stop being loose-lipped and the students would be less cooperative, but then that's what the GM was betting on.

Just ideas, Mr. Jaunt: I do very much like this idea. The outlandish uniqueness of it, coupled with the flagrant morbidity, just suits me to a U. That's one level after T!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • WELCOME TO "ME TALKING OUT OF MY ASS" CORNER

I'm into the ideas that Orx is going for, in terms of making it feel much more like a game or roleplay. If there's secret goals or ways to work against eachother, that might be beneficial. Perhaps the demons have claim but aren't exactly linked to one specific student? Maybe they're all in the pot together, possibly compete to get at least one life for themselves to come into being, and they're given missions or something to help diminish a student enough that they ... hm, on second thought, it's not exactly hitting me 100% kosher to turn someone's suicidal habit into a score, but something like that is what your game is really missing for me. How do we measure success for either side in a gameified version of this RP? The demon could try to perform their own ritual against the student, or tie up their own, and that requires the life of living human to finish? Idk.

To help with the overall nature of the game and interactivity of the players, perhaps all the player students can see everyone's demons. That way, demons can interact with other students and demons and vice versa.

Thinking it over, there needs to be something for the demons to do so the entire ordeal doesn't devolve into them being trolls towards the human characters.

Also, something I noticed within the theme ... it really is about the self-induction into death or life, isn't it? The students are intent (in varying degrees) to take themselves out of life, while their parallel demons are intent on bringing themselves into life. Just a thought; maybe it'll help inspire ideas or mechanics.

this has been ... ideas and observations, fresh out of my rectum

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I still uphold my former thought of the demons being held to a lesser caliber character-wise; essentially being "NPCs" with priority being invested mainly into the human characters.

Orx's idea of the demons having preferred ways of demise for their hosts is an especially good one, I think. It could help further personalize players' characters as the demons work towards a way of death that best suits a student's nature and sins.

Jauntier

Years
  • Perhaps the GM could send a PM to each demon regarding some really backwards little thing they have to get their human to do before the next day.

And if the demon successfully does it, perhaps they get some minor permanent boost in power at the conclusion of the day (like it can move a few feet from its student now, or its power of hallucination can affect small animals in the student's proximity. Little stuff, nothing huge).

To steer the students, perhaps the summoning ritual that brought the demons in wasn't instantaneous? Maybe it's a continuous summon ritual that lasts seven days, with effects throughout, and the goal for the students is to interrupt it while the demons want to complete it (and strictly don't want the students to die prematurely)?

These are particularly interesting ideas and their usefulness in presenting a "game" feel do pique me, though now I have to levy it against some other suggestions and personal convictions to see how it all plays out.

My response to you is rather short, but this is all I have to offer: I am considering. Do not take it as a waive of your suggestions, they merely speak for themselves. I've noted them in a document and will play around with it as I viewing and reviewing my Student-Demon stipulations, which among other things concern their basic interaction.

Thank you. I greatly appreciate it.

Also, something I noticed within the theme ... it really is about the self-induction into death or life, isn't it? The students are intent (in varying degrees) to take themselves out of life, while their parallel demons are intent on bringing themselves into life. Just a thought; maybe it'll help inspire ideas or mechanics.​

You hit the nail right on the head, baby doll! But, I did not originally explore that idea beyond what I still have in my OP. Or now, even, as it has been some time now since this thread was born. Revisiting that theme and making it more prevalent is a good keystone to focus on in further developing this role-play.

I still uphold my former thought of the demons being held to a lesser caliber character-wise; essentially being "NPCs" with priority being invested mainly into the human characters.

Orx's idea of the demons having preferred ways of demise for their hosts is an especially good one, I think. It could help further personalize players' characters as the demons work towards a way of death that best suits a student's nature and sins.

With these new suggestions, I have further reason to weigh between yet another (for me) competitive role-play between two player-controlled camps, and a student-driven narrative where a more total group guidance lies on the GM student character.

Overall, focusing on the actual story I want conveyed may heavily affect how I see the role of demons overall.

All the more food for thought I've been given. You lot will make a glut out of me.

TheSignWriter

Forever is an illusion.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    I've read through this twice now, and I really like the concept.

As someone who has had suicidal thoughts before, I can say I don't find it insensitive at all. Very interesting in fact. Although I did giggle at the thought of doing it with others. That sounds like more of a cult thing (at least, I've never heard of anything like that.)

Sorry for not having anything really to contribute, other then good luck with the roleplay when/if it comes out! I've very interested in how it plays out.

Last edited:

Jauntier

Years
  • I've read through this twice now, and I really like the concept.

Thank you for the support! My heart goes out to you, in turn.

Yes, I admit it's rather cultish. Between two people, it can range from a daughter and her terminally ill father vowing to end their lives because one can't tolerate living in agony and the other can't tolerate living without the other, to something as mass and infamous as the 900+ men, women, and (disgustingly unfortunate) children of The Peoples Temple of The Disciples of Christ.

I always found the idea intriguing. There's a twisted kind of camaraderie in it, for better or for worse. I want to explore it through characters with others as a kind of simulation. One that's, of course, gone wrong, haha!

Back