• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The International Idol Star Festival/Tournament! [T]

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Crygonal's a cutie indeed. Too bad Keira's too busy crying to notice.​

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Though you stated you're not going to hang around here for your birthday because we're all lame, I drew a thing while taking a very needed break from my hassles with ludicrous CSS formatting. Speaking of which, GOSH DANG JAUNT, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT IS TO READ YOUR JUNK ON A PHONE?! THE DIV IS TOO THIN -- 10/10, IGN

Anyways, here's an early birthday present. Or is it 28th already by the time I post this? I don't know timezones.

as6zorm.gif

Also, I should DEFINITELY have something by 30th. Because even I can't be that incompetent.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Big apologies for not posting yet, summer midterms are coming up so I've been busy with those. Expect a post before the deadline though!

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • Kiera might even think Cryogonal was cute, turning upside down like that. I did, anyway.

I hope Keira doesn't get distracted by the possibility of gangrene in her legs first.

I think Cyrogonal lends itself to a more "coy" or "modest" expression when it's upside down. That angry "mouth" is out of the way, and its eyes look downcast because the slots are pointed downward. It's less daunting, I feel.

Cryogonal is such an overlooked Pokemon. I'm glad I'm giving it some attention for once.

GOSH DANG JAUNT, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT IS TO READ YOUR JUNK ON A PHONE?! THE DIV IS TOO THIN -- 10/10, IGN

The real travesty is that you're reading PokeCommunity on your phone.

Get Shrekt.

Big apologies for not posting yet, summer midterms are coming up so I've been busy with those. Expect a post before the deadline though!

What's your character again? The trash can, stage left?

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Jaunt.

Do you have any idea how many weird looks I'm gonna get
    if I brought my desktop and monitor into the bathroom on a daily basis

a phone is much more convenient to use on the toilet, you inconsiderate snob​

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    ECH DREW MY A PICTURE
    Aaah she put the cone in her little head sticky THAT'S ADORABLE

You're the best, Ech. Thanks so much <3​
    I hope Keira doesn't get distracted by the possibility of gangrene in her legs first.

Cryogonal is such an overlooked Pokemon. I'm glad I'm giving it some attention for once.
    See, Jauntier, here's the reason why you get kicked from optional RP chats and then later the entire RP in-general. You have the impulsive need to reply to everyone's offhand posts in a potentially-offensive manner. [THIS INSULT HAS BEEN REMOVED]

Crygonal is trash and bc I'm GM my opinion usurps yours so Crygonal is the worse Pokemon objective fact​
    Ech said:
    Also, I should DEFINITELY have something by 30th. Because even I can't be that incompetent.
    Big apologies for not posting yet, summer midterms are coming up so I've been busy with those. Expect a post before the deadline though!
    Get it do, ya'll. Get it do.

We'll say the 30th, starting at around 3:00 EST, or mid-afternoon for yours truly, is the official, specific deadline.​

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    We'll say the 30th, starting at around 3:00 EST, or mid-afternoon for yours truly, is the official, specific deadline.​

You literally posted this right after I posted in the IC

I will NEVER WRITE in such an orotund manner EVER AGAIN. I will also NEVER wake up six hours prior to work just to finish an IC post (the forums shut down and I literally spent 40 minutes waiting for it to come back on).

(inb4 I get kicked because of my CSS or the fact that Carcol made such a BUTT of himself. Or both.)

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Looks like you got it do!

I appreciate the devotion, Ech.​

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Who's that user above me and why do they think it's funny to mimic me? Whatever, as long as I'm not double-posting.

Anyway, just relied to Carcol's predicament and it looks like he's already got a judge sicced on his ass. Speaking of rear ends, Ech, you better watch out with that butt talk, sir, we're not rated T for gluteus!

And I just noticed that, in the first IC post, Keira is the only judge with an associating sprite that isn't dressed as I imagined or described. Oops! Just a reminder, I guess, that she isn't wearing that sailor scout get-up. I actually liken her contest garb most to the Idol from Pokemon D/P/PT. Keira just has worse shoes and a less-interesting dress.

Also is anyone else having this stupid font problem? I can't change the font of my posts unless they're also formatted with BB code, it seems, and I can't alter line height either!?​

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    My text is sometimes inconsistent when I use BB code, or at least it's displayed like that for me. This combined with server crashes almost made me lose my mind.

Since Elwood asked me on the matter, I want to state that I am perfectly happy if anyone wants to bunny my character so as long as you don't do something extreme or anything that prohibits me from doing anything. I'm not sure what the general opinion is on bunnying here but I am pretty lax about it. I mean, I'm not gonna bunny others myself, I just don't mind being taken advantage of. If anything, it encourages me to actively respond to the actions of other characters and that is something I really enjoy about roleplaying. I am hopeless with joint posts, however.

Carcol is internally screaming right now. Soren ruined his chances with Anne-Marie, his true love.

Last edited:

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    All my posts will look ugly until this text-based catastrophe ends. I will not stop complaining until it does!

Speaking of bunnying: I remember when I got reprimanded on another site some years back when my cat jokingly pounced on another character's tail while they were eating. Like, what were they going to do about it? Roll out of the way?

"I don't mind being taken advantage of." -- Ech

Carcol at least has Keira left. Or Juan.​

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Speaking of bunnying: I remember when I got reprimanded on another site some years back when my cat jokingly pounced on another character's tail while they were eating. Like, what were they going to do about it? Roll out of the way?

"I don't mind being taken advantage of." -- Ech​

I feel bunnying is less about being unfair and more about taking consideration for all the thin-skinned narcissists who are all like, "bruh, my awesome, edgy ninja robot demon karate master would be TOO quick and amazing to get harmlessly poked by your lame butt elf".

I should make a request for those words to be my epithet on my grave. You know, once I inevitably die from sleep deprivation combined with the tragedy of eating nothing but McDonald's three days in a row. I don't know how I am not hospitalized yet.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Just got all caught up reading the IC, and I have to say, while I enjoy reading the cast immensely, my favorite by far have been the judges and people written by the GM. Call it ego-pandering, but they are honestly all very well written and extremely enjoyable to read.

Also Eric post coming soon™ as SOON AS DISCLOSED REPLIES TO MY MESSAGE DAMMIT

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I feel bunnying is less about being unfair and more about taking consideration for all the thin-skinned narcissists who are all like, "bruh, my awesome, edgy ninja robot demon karate master would be TOO quick and amazing to get harmlessly poked by your lame butt elf".

I should make a request for those words to be my epithet on my grave. You know, once I inevitably die from sleep deprivation combined with the tragedy of eating nothing but McDonald's three days in a row. I don't know how I am not hospitalized yet.
    UH OH, ECH, THAT'S A PRETTY NEGATIVE JOKE YOU'RE MAKIN' THERE...

The person who got frustrated when their character's tail got bobbed by a kitten without their consent was probably striving to follow some strict, self-imposed roleplayer's code. "To bunny in any manner is a sin..."

On the subject of that, I think a lot of forums put on this whole REGAL, SOPHISTICATED AIR to try to dissuade "bad writers" (which really ends up isolating new players). I was browsing two forums the other days and both restricted new members from delving in different functions until they "got involved with the community" (a pretentious way of saying "post") in which a mod would choose to give them their privileges after the member posts X many times and they decide arbitrarily to finally give them full access to the forums.

Just makes you appreciate places like PC so much more...

Hey, as long as you're eating the salads it's okay. And I'm sure they add plenty of nutrients to the all-natural beef!​

Just got all caught up reading the IC, and I have to say, while I enjoy reading the cast immensely, my favorite by far have been the judges and people written by the GM. Call it ego-pandering, but they are honestly all very well written and extremely enjoyable to read.

Also Eric post coming soon™ as SOON AS DISCLOSED REPLIES TO MY MESSAGE DAMMIT
    WHAT THE FUCK I CAN'T SLEEP TOO!?

I responded. You're past the "deadline" but it's a pretty lightly-imposed one anyway. We may still need some interactions to conclude. Which gives you time to write, right?

Don't worry, I'm not a megalomaniac like Jauntier so your accolades won't go towards my epic scheme to take over the entire forum <3 I'm really, really glad you like reading them! I do technically consider them to be my characters so I'd like to play with them and hopefully explore more of what makes them tick throughout the RP. Those mystery judges should be just as fun too.

But once Fox posts, everyone, we'd be set to continue on the actual first round! Pretty exciting...! Hopefully you'll all start brainstorming some appeals. I'll establish again that there won't be a theme, as those will be given on the first day of a phase to give the coordinators time to prepare. All you have to do is have an impressive appeal ready for the judges to rip into like savages constructively critique with no rules or restrictions.

If anyone would like to have their character do something else real quick, let me know. Jaunt, Elwood and Ech; I recommend you three conclude the situations you've gotten yourself into and steer your characters backstage to do whatever they need to prepare. If it's nothing too big, you can really just leave off as is and explain what they did at the start of a new IC post. I'll assume for convenience sake that all characters aren't dirty anymore, or ate at least less dirty, unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Going back to the contest round, the performance order will be decided by yours truly with the help of a random gen, though I will make a few order adjustments based on player activity.

Also have a date for my departure: July 5th. When I get the end date I'll put both in my user title instead of a cheeky Skype chat reference.​

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Yay Fox you did it wooooh

I'll start conjuring up a progression post. I certainly won't post it this evening even if I do end up finishing it (highly unlikely, lol) so that will leave some time for those three users I mentioned earlier to tie up some loose ends onstage. Otherwise, everyone will be bunnied backstage if they aren't there already and there will be time to intermingle after the primary round, during intermission and in-between appeals.​
    WOOOOO I'm excited to get started!!!! Ahhhh appeal ideas, need to have those that's sort of important right :| Do appeals have any sort of time limit?
    NO

Not really? As long as they're kept brief. I'd say they would last, at most, one or two in-game minutes. The only timed round would be the primary round which we'll be jumping into soon; 120 seconds/2 minutes of pampering.​

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    On the subject of that, I think a lot of forums put on this whole REGAL, SOPHISTICATED AIR to try to dissuade "bad writers" (which really ends up isolating new players). I was browsing two forums the other days and both restricted new members from delving in different functions until they "got involved with the community" (a pretentious way of saying "post") in which a mod would choose to give them their privileges after the member posts X many times and they decide arbitrarily to finally give them full access to the forums.

Just makes you appreciate places like PC so much more..​

I remember I had a nightmare where PC had a strict password system applied to every thread, essentially locking me out of everything. The only thread I was allowed to post in was Cornered's OOC, only because I was begging to join.

On the matter of wrapping things up, I don't have time tonight to really post anything but if I find the time to sit down, I'll see if I can bring something stupid out.

ALSO DO YOU LIKE HOW I LITERALLY STOLE YOUR TACKY CLEFAIRY CSS TEMPLATE WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION

I like how all the girls didn't even bother to help anyone on stage. And yes, that especially includes Eric.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Bring forth ze stupid

OH RIGHT, I forgot to call you out on that. Though I'm definitely not one of those people to get pissy if someone """steals""" my CSS. If those people even exist. If they do, TAKE THAT!

Ouch fox are you gonna take that sitting down​

Back