• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket Fanatic

RocketGrunt1337

RocketGrunt1337
Years
  • Hey everyone.

So glad to be apart of this community. I guess I should introduce myself. The interwebs name is RocketGrunt1337 but you all can call me Joe. I've been a huge fan of Pokemon since the late 90's I remember buying my first Pokemon card at a local card shop. It was a Gloom from the Jungle series. I was stoked. I loved the art work on it. After buying cards I dove into the gaming side of it. I remember playing Red and Blue for hours, getting a headache stopping and than playing again. Obviously as the years went on and I grew older even though I still loved Pokemon but was kinda growing out of it. Then the Pokemon GO phase hit, and all my childhood memories came rushing back! Start getting back into it again and starting buying the cards as well. I can't believe how much I had missed it, and this new resurgence has just sparked my love for it again.

I share my card unboxings on YouTube and play Pokemon GO everyday. Between all the Pokemon fun I work at Nielsen as a Media Analyst, and hang out with friends. I love sports. That's my passion primarily the NFL. I love football.

Anyway that's just a little tidbit about me. I hope to meet alot of new friends here that share my love for Pokemon as well. Don't be a stranger say HI! I'm a pretty down the earth nice guy!

Years
  • Hey Joe! Welcome to PC. ^^

Yeah I got into Pokémon during those days also. Lots of sentimental value, I remember collecting the cards also and still have most of my old ones. Can remember what the Gloom card you mentioned looks like too aha.

Glad you're back into things with the GO craze! Many old fans returned to the franchise thanks to that game. Are you planning to play some of the games you've missed? We have Sun & Moon coming next month which many fans are excited about, so now's an awesome time to get a 3DS if you don't have one already. =o

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • tumblr_inline_n1whx26jEn1qfqvym.gif

I used to buy the Pokemon Trading Cards all the time too! I think my first few from a pack were Geodude, Squirtle, Eevee, and a few others I forget. My first game was Pokemon Yellow myself! Nice to meet another fellow who played Pokemon from the 1st Gen!

tumblr_inline_n1whvhdtx31qfqvym.gif

Ah, and welcome to our forums! You can call me Dragon! I'll be happy to be a new friend of yours, and you're most welcome to visit boards like the Pokemon GO board! And I hope we can chat about many other pokemon stuff together!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey everyone.

So glad to be apart of this community. I guess I should introduce myself. The interwebs name is RocketGrunt1337 but you all can call me Joe. I've been a huge fan of Pokemon since the late 90's I remember buying my first Pokemon card at a local card shop. It was a Gloom from the Jungle series. I was stoked. I loved the art work on it. After buying cards I dove into the gaming side of it. I remember playing Red and Blue for hours, getting a headache stopping and than playing again. Obviously as the years went on and I grew older even though I still loved Pokemon but was kinda growing out of it. Then the Pokemon GO phase hit, and all my childhood memories came rushing back! Start getting back into it again and starting buying the cards as well. I can't believe how much I had missed it, and this new resurgence has just sparked my love for it again.

I share my card unboxings on YouTube and play Pokemon GO everyday. Between all the Pokemon fun I work at Nielsen as a Media Analyst, and hang out with friends. I love sports. That's my passion primarily the NFL. I love football.

Anyway that's just a little tidbit about me. I hope to meet alot of new friends here that share my love for Pokemon as well. Don't be a stranger say HI! I'm a pretty down the earth nice guy!
    The cards still make me go aaaaaah from nostalgia when I see them c: Even if so many new ones look super odd to somebody who mostly touched them in the early 2000s haha.

I hope you're still finding GO enjoyable! I stopped playing a while ago... But maybe I'll get the urge again soon. Anyways, welcome to PC!

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Hey there Joe, ironically enough my name is Joey, nice to meet you!

Glad to hear Pokemon GO got you back into the world of Pokemon. I too became a fan in the 90's. I was focused more on the main series games and had very few cards. In fact, most of my childhood I actually was collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I've been looking to try my hand out at the Pokemon TCG, but the card shop around me doesn't carry pokemon cards and there isn't a big scene of pokemon players in my town so I'm not too motivated.

Anyway, welcome! I hope you find the forums a great place for you!

RocketGrunt1337

RocketGrunt1337
    Years
  • Hey Joe! Welcome to PC. ^^

Yeah I got into Pokémon during those days also. Lots of sentimental value, I remember collecting the cards also and still have most of my old ones. Can remember what the Gloom card you mentioned looks like too aha.

Glad you're back into things with the GO craze! Many old fans returned to the franchise thanks to that game. Are you planning to play some of the games you've missed? We have Sun & Moon coming next month which many fans are excited about, so now's an awesome time to get a 3DS if you don't have one already. =o

I'm actually really excited for the new Sun and Moon games. I haven't played a Pokemon game on a handheld device since Heartgold and Soulsilver. So I'm looking forward to the new ones. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome too! :D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm actually really excited for the new Sun and Moon games. I haven't played a Pokemon game on a handheld device since Heartgold and Soulsilver. So I'm looking forward to the new ones. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome too! :D
    Whoa whaaat you haven't played since HG/SS? Or... have you emulated since then? Do you plan to play any of the ones you missed out on?

RocketGrunt1337

RocketGrunt1337
    Years
  • Whoa whaaat you haven't played since HG/SS? Or... have you emulated since then? Do you plan to play any of the ones you missed out on?

I haven't played any since HG/SS I'll probably go back and play some of the newer ones for sure. When ever I emulated I'd just emulate Red or Blue and throw on every cheat possible lol.

Years
  • Ah man, you are sure missing out. There's some pretty cool stuff in the newer games. If you haven't, you should play around with them solely because of all the type changes like Steel and Fairy. Mega evolutions play a part as well, but real men don't wear gloves (so what my brother tells me) so head on out there and Rocket some things that need Rocketing! Oh, and I'm always looking for new pals. Feel free to stop by and drop me a line any time.

Years
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    Ayeeee another Pokemon Head who loves sports. I think we could be good friends. I recently got back into the trading cards. What's your favorite NFL team? Mines the Giants

RocketGrunt1337

RocketGrunt1337
    Years
  • Ayeeee another Pokemon Head who loves sports. I think we could be good friends. I recently got back into the trading cards. What's your favorite NFL team? Mines the Giants

I'm From KC, so I'm a die hard Chiefs fan, but I also like Dallas grew up as a Smith, Aikman, and Irvin fan.

Back