• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (2017) - Game Discussion Thread

Would you buy this game?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • gvdgKpX.jpg

Red Dead Redemption 2
    System: PlayStation 4, Xbox One Developer: Rockstar Games

No, you did not read that wrong. I've been following this news like a hawk, and 20 minutes ago developer Rockstar Games tweeted out said picture above with the caption "RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 Coming Fall 2017 #RDR2." You can find the full tweet here for verification: https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/788363842329903104

Rockstar also has an official page up for Red Dead Redemption 2 which you find with the following link: http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/. Earlier this week, Rockstar teased at something related to Red Dead Redemption by tweeting out vague backgrounds in the style of RDR as well as changing their avatar to a RDR themed logo. Obviously, there isn't too much news about the game other than a release date window, however, an official trailer will be released this Thursday October 20th at 11AM ET. In the meantime, let's use this thread to speculate about the game.

How do you overall feel about this news? Did you play the first Red Dead Redemption? What were some elements of the game you did like/didn't like? Is there anything you would like to see incorporated in this sequel? What about left out? Is this something you would pick up if it was available on your system? Give us your thoughts on the game through your comments below
    credit to Rockstar Games Twitter account for the viable news source

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I've been following their 'subtle' teases as well. Gotta say I'm a bit dissapointed in the name. Red Dead Revolver to Red Dead Redemption was expecting Red Dead (something else).

Hopefully they don't make it an online only game after gta online's crazy success... better call Pegasus for your horse-drawn wagon mounted minigun so you can sit outside the most expensive ranch and mow down all players.

Arsenic

Years
  • Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America's unforgiving heartland. The game's vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

Please god no make it stop. I don't want another 12 year old trollfest that keeps the SP from ever gaining any new content/patches/support of any kind.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Please god no make it stop. I don't want another 12 year old trollfest that keeps the SP from ever gaining any new content/patches/support of any kind.

The multiplayer on RDR1 was pretty good in my eyes, if they just expand on that it'll be golden.

Yukari

If it was actually coming to PC I would be a lot more interested. o> I thought that Red Dead Redemption was a lot of fun but PC is the only platform I can play games on. At the moment, at least.

Years
  • I'm actually really excited for this :) Red Dead Redemption is probably my favorite game from Rockstar so I'm pretty happy! I know the fans were hoping for a sequel for a long time, so it's nice to see them listening. Hopefully they don't focus as much as this online experience as they did GTA Online, though. I wasn't particularly a fan of the marketing and microtransactions for that.

Arsenic

Years
  • I'm actually really excited for this :) Red Dead Redemption is probably my favorite game from Rockstar so I'm pretty happy! I know the fans were hoping for a sequel for a long time, so it's nice to see them listening. Hopefully they don't focus as much as this online experience as they did GTA Online, though. I wasn't particularly a fan of the marketing and microtransactions for that.

Or the 12 year olds who all immediately shoot anyone they see for no reason, that is if their not trolling with the stupid Harrier Jump Jet that they bought with Shark Cards/modded cash.

I really don't want this to translate over to RDR... But with how much money RS made I can't see it not. Sigh...

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    If it was actually coming to PC I would be a lot more interested. o> I thought that Red Dead Redemption was a lot of fun but PC is the only platform I can play games on. At the moment, at least.

It'll come to PC sooner or later, they might just do what they done with GTAV and release it a little later.

Arsenic

Years
  • Was just about to post it

Looks sharp so far but now we have to wait for more : (

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...?smcid=pssocial:tw:game:rdr2_trailer:10_20_16

And suddenly, partnerships!

As a PS4 owner, this is in my favor, but honestly it just seems unnecessary. While the implication that we'll get something akin to a sprawling online Red Dead Online is pretty nice, I can't see much benefit in them, from a consumer relations standpoint, taking a side here. And considering they aren't completely in the best place with this series' lack of a PC version even after years of anticipation, bad PR isn't really something they should be risking.

Then again, this is probably a more substantial release than even GTAV in some regards, so I imagine they see the risks are being far less than the rewards. Either way, I'm looking forward to the game. Loved the first one and this is looking pretty pretty.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    To be honest, I'll probably do the same thing I did with Bioshock; buy the game and forget to play it until a year later and regret I waited that long.

Years
  • I am the only one that voted no I suppose. It seems pretty risky calling it Red Dead 2, rather than another name right? Redemption took place during the heyday of the west and the end tales of outlaws being untouchable. I may get the game, but there are so many other games I've been looking forward to. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I'm going to be buying it maybe even during the first year of release.

User Anon 1848

Hopefully the single player experience doesn't get neglected in favor of multiplayer like GTA V was.

Back