• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Favourite B/W Character

Imrul Quayes Adnan

The adventure begins from HERE
Years
  • Hi friends,
    Almost everybody here has played Pokemon B/W. And we know there are a lot of characters. Such as Charen, Bience, N, Gym leaders and Elite four. Different people love different character for different causes. I want to know what's your favourite charecter and why? Share it with your friends/fellow trainers.

I love 'N'. I think for his attitude. He is just great. Isn't he?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really like N because he is also unique. We haven't really had a pseudo-rival that happened to be a part of the evil team... and one that we had to battle where the climax was at the Elite Four. I thought that was a really epic scene.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I just finished Black again and I gotta say, I love N. He was really just a good guy who felt so passionate about Pokemon, and he simply couldn't understand people's relationship with Pokemon because he's only seen the bad ones. For the longest time we thought he was the only leader of Team Plasma, yet it didn't seem like we were fighting a villain, just a man with strong beliefs. It really blows my mind how deep they got in this game with his past, how Ghetsis completely abused him and manipulated him, going as far as to only lend him abused and neglected Pokemon and locking him away from humans, all to fulfill his evil plans, that said yeah Ghetsis was one of the best villains we've had. Sure we got genocidal maniacs and Mafia leaders but nothing compares to the insanity of this man, and how he kept his cool and lied to everyone right up until the last moment, and then he lost his marbles and every time we see him from then on he just looks insane.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Lol now I feel bad cause everyone else here is saying N. XD One fo the best rivals tho!!

Black and White from the Pokemon Adventures manga deserve this spot, but game-wise I gotta say Hugh and Benga. Curtis is high up there too bc that whole thing going on is cute.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Lol now I feel bad cause everyone else here is saying N. XD One fo the best rivals tho!!

Black and White from the Pokemon Adventures manga deserve this spot, but game-wise I gotta say Hugh and Benga. Curtis is high up there too bc that whole thing going on is cute.
    Interesting choices. Why Benga? His screen time was very limited unfortunately. :(

I never got to know him tbh. He seemed crazy if anything and not in a good way.

GO N C:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Interesting choices. Why Benga? His screen time was very limited unfortunately. :(

I never got to know him tbh. He seemed crazy if anything and not in a good way.

GO N C:

Cause he was so pumped and cool and that typical anime teen kinda but idk i liked him and maybe shipped him and rosa a little at some point but i dont remember why? and he needs more screen time please.

After fighting N 5 times due to my emulator freezing I also want to say Go N... AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FOR THE MOMENT YOU MAY COME BACK LATER BUT FOR NOW I DONT WANNA DEAL WITH THIS....

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYAJo7FoJaw This video does a great job analyzing Alder, and I think he's a really interesting character. In fact, he's more of just a character than a champion, really, which makes him cool in my opinion. He has a cool backstory which helps build his character, and he's still pretty goofy and lovable despite it, and he has a Steven style battle in BW2.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    To be honest, N was my favorite. I just love all the interaction that your character gets with him in the game, I feel they become quite close!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I'm gonna throw someone out that isn't N! (shocker right?)

That character's name would be Clay, the Driftveil City Gym Leader. This mainly has to do with him ebing, in my opinion, the most active Gym Leader and Champion (well save for Lance maybe) in all the games in terms of seeing him outside of his Gym and even getting a good amount of development in the game. He really stood out to me that way.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Lol now I feel bad cause everyone else here is saying N. XD One fo the best rivals tho!!

( ?? ?? ??) Curtis (he's from B2W2 though!)

But really though while I can say with certainty that N is my favorite from BW that doesn't mean the other characters aren't any good. On the contrary, there are so many good characters that I almost feel bad when I have to pick a favorite. Characters like Cheren, Bianca, Alder, Elesa, and many, many others are phenomenal in their own right. Bring B2W2 into the mix and you open a whole new can of (good) worms with characters such as Colress, Hugh, Marlon, and past characters from BW who are given more screentime such as the Shadow Triad.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    One of my favorite characters is Skyla. I love how she's a pilot & flies around everywhere. Also, redheads are awesome <3<3

N is such a likable character with his kindhearted personality & lovely green hair. I really like his backstory too.

I also like Alder. He's so helpful in the game & his theme is so beautiful (:

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I liked N and Alder a lot. N intrigued me because he always seemed like such a complex character, and his emotions and idealism seemed so real. While I didn't fundamentally agree with his message in a lot of ways, I appreciated his desire to make a change in the Pokemon world that he saw as meaningful and important. And it was a shame to see that he was manipulated by Ghetsis et al to achieve a goal that didn't align with what what N had been fighting for all along, but that made him all the more real. He reminded me of the naivety, idealism, and passion that I've seen in myself at times (albeit in a different form than N).

Alder just seemed like a good champion with a lot of life experience. While he isn't my favorite champion (that title goes to Lance in GSC), I liked the role he played in the games, and his desire to help out younger trainers and provide advice.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I think there are a plethora of characters that stand out in BW! I really loved Clay and Cheren for example are great. As are Alder and N! But my overall favourite has to be Ghetsis. Even from the start you kinda get the feeling that something is off with him during his speech. His near-breakdown after you defeat N at the Pokémon League is fantastic and I love seeing his true colours shine through. Fantastic character and a terrifying villain.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Cilan because anime

Um, I adore Clay! I don't really know why lol. And Bianca's character development was so good <3

Years
  • Roxie looks pretty cool. I mean, she plays the electric guitar! She has the freckles! She's Poison and I love her for it.

527px-Black_2_White_2_Roxie.png

But, if you're talking about the Black and White, then Skyla comes in a close second. I can't remember many characters, but I hated N just because of his sheer hypocrisy. It's been awhile since I wanted to slap the shit out s Pokémon character.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm going with Alder. He's actually my favorite Champion altogether because he just embodies it so well with how he is as a person. He's not the most difficult Champion, in fact I'd rate him on the lower end in terms of difficulty. But he's the most memorable for me because of his attitude, his dialog, things of that nature. He's had a lot of experience in life and he's a helpful guy, in both games even.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    I really like Drayden. He was one of the main reason why I bought Black instead of White, besides Reshiram. You don't interact with him much in B/W and I've never played the sequels, but I always though he had a unique and interesting design. I mean, who else have you seen with a spiky beard that covers your whole mouth so you can't see it?

Back