• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you catch your favorite Pokémon in the Alola region?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    This looks weird, why has the smallest island the most Pokémon? And the most frustrating is that the Pokémons that I want to capture and put in my team are on the third island.

The smallest island doesn't have the most Pokemon. (each island has around 100-120 Pokemon if I recall) This image is just showing the first appearance of each Pokemon line. (for example the Wimpod line first appears on Akala (pink) and then again on the last island (purple) but in this image it's only showing where you can first obtain it. (which is the pink island, Akala)

There's a lot of overlap between the islands, so obviously this image has more Pokemon for the first island because every Pokemon on the first island is shown.

It's going by the idea that the order you visit the islands is: Melemele (Yellow), Akala (pink), bottom right island (red), leftmost island (purple).

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I'm dying to see how they work my boy Porygon into these games. Free gift? The new Togepi? Game Corner returning?

Years
  • I'm dying to see how they work my boy Porygon into these games. Free gift? The new Togepi? Game Corner returning?

Since the Game Corner isn't going to happen in any future games due to family friendliness and wanting to avoid a 12 rating in Europe, I think returning as a gift could be most possible.

Also Sabrewulf, that Imgur link isn't working.

Years
  • I hope that they just haven't showed us that the Gardivoir line actually is there. I need my Gallade. That thing is the ultimate legend hunter.

SoaPuffball

Dat one guy who loves Diancie even though he is a
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2017
    Castform? Yeah.
    Buneary? No.
    Diancie? A mythical.
    Carbink? Satisfies me for the lack of Diancie.
    Sylveon? Yeah.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • These might not be the actual numbers but here's what the Melemele Dex is looking like:
    Spoiler:

Unfortunately that's only half of my planned team (Raichu, Lycanroc, Popplio final evo) for this first island, so I may have to use random previous-gen Pokemon as fillers until the later islands.

So that is....the first dex?

If so then I'm a bit disappointed. Not because it's bad, but so little new stuff, really? I mean we have the last gen7 mon we'd see in a while in the dex at #29, and there's no more for 30 entries until #59, and no new stuff until #80. I know it's most likely real (and I hope not) and if it isn't then I hope they make some new mons earlier. I'm also surprised with Rufflet and Vullaby being early considering they evolve late(lvl 54).

And why is freaking Cabrink here yux gen6 mons can go die

Years
  • After looking at a leaked Dex list on Imgur (with colour coding to show which island that Pokemon is found on) I guess I'll have my planned team completed as early as Akala Island which I'm definitely content with.

Years
  • Half of my top 10, including my top 4 are included. Not bad. I am hoping more pokemon and unova starters are available post game.

Poppmaid
    Milotic
    Tsareena
    Lilligant

Vespiquen
    Liepard
    Rapidash - Not in XY
    Serperior-Not in XY or ORAS
    Samurott - Note in XY or ORAS
    Lurantis

Last edited:

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Finneon/Lumineon, Petilil/Liligant, Poliwag/whirl/wrath/toed, Skarmory and Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame are all in so that's most of my favourites included.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Most of my favorites aren't included. That's to be expected, since a lot of my favorites are starters, but still, I'm bummed that they aren't giving out any extra starters this time around. The Kanto starter gift early on in X and Y was one of my favorite elements of those games. Pikachu is one of my favorites, so I'll probably pick one of those up early on and use it for my team (and hopefully get one of those hats for it). I like some of the pseudolegendaries a bunch, so I may use one or more of those, and there are a few other lines that are decent that I'll probably use. Maybe this will also be a good time to use some lines that I've simply never paid attention to before.

I'm leaning towards using a bunch of new Pokemon + whatever I find on my initial playthrough (probably Moon), and maybe bringing some old Pokemon to Moon and sending them over to a new Sun file once Bank gets updated. If the exp share mechanics are still the same, I'll probably train a lot of Pokemon (everything I catch) on my initial run. It's a shame there aren't more new Pokemon, and that the dex isn't bigger, as I was really hoping for an improvement over the paltry number of new Pokemon we saw last time around, but there are a number of new options that look fun to use, so I'm excited to try those out.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I just noticed something interesting.

qrscan.jpg

The picture is from the QR scanner feature mentioned here: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/discover-pokemon-using-the-qr-scanner/

None of the Pokemon in the image are available in the Alola pokedex. (according to dataminers) Serperior being a starter isn't that unusual but even Medicham and Dunsparce are nowhere to be found in the Alolan dex.

Does that mean this is a post-game thing or do you think it might be a workaround to get certain Pokemon you can't normally catch in Alola? It seems kinda strange to me that they would promote a feature using Pokemon that won't appear until the post-game......I guess that could still be the case though. It's a bit mysterious.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I just noticed something interesting.

qrscan.jpg

The picture is from the QR scanner feature mentioned here: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/discover-pokemon-using-the-qr-scanner/

None of the Pokemon in the image are available in the Alola pokedex. (according to dataminers) Serperior being a starter isn't that unusual but even Medicham and Dunsparce are nowhere to be found in the Alolan dex.

Does that mean this is a post-game thing or do you think it might be a workaround to get certain Pokemon you can't normally catch in Alola? It seems kinda strange to me that they would promote a feature using Pokemon that won't appear until the post-game......I guess that could still be the case though. It's a bit mysterious.
    Adding to this, in the Festival Plaza artwork we see a (non-Pokéride) Charizard with a Trainer... You may be on to something.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • i'm actually still fucken pissed that there will be gen6 mons in the dex

they should come later or even better not be in at all

gen6 had the worst mons tbh

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2017
    WHY do they hate my electrics?! Luxray is my favorite pokemon. I also really love Zebstrika. Gone.
    No Magnemite, voltorb, heliolisk line either.

:(

Back