• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do YOU want to come back from previous generations?

Years
  • So in the recent trailer it was revealed that Cynthia, Wally, Red and Blue would all be coming to the Alola region. So my question is, who would you like to see return in gen 7? I would personally like to see N and Silver return.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2017
    N, Silver, Giovanni and other evil bosses. The heroes and rivals of other games.
    Champion, elite 4 gym leaders like in the Unova tournament.
    I think I've listed basically all relevant trainers. Out of these my favorites would be the regional champions.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Every important character.

Seriously though we got Cynthia, Red and Blue, I'm happy already. I guess I'd like Diantha to have a shot at redeeming herself, and to see Lance, Steven, Silver, Zinnia and N (doubt he'd come back though).

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The PWT did it so I want to say all Gym Leaders, but I dunno how likely that is. With Wally's appearance, I hope we'll get to see all our past rivals, Champions, and other major plot-relevant characters (Team Plasma characters, please!!) but we may just be getting some Champions and some rivals. Older Elite Four members would be awesome to see but I'd say they're the most unlikely of all to return, sadly.

If I had to name off specific characters, I'd say N, Colress, Sycamore (this would be great I'm sure his team would only have one Pokémon), Silver, Cheren, Alder, Steven, Wallace, Juan, Dahlia... Oops this got too long too fast.

Years
  • I mean Red and Blue are coming back so my life is kinda already complete but I would love for past Gym Leaders and more protagonists to come back like Gold, Brendan etc. Also, antagonists would be pretty cool too.

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • Since Red is back, I'd honestly like to see the other game protagonists. If they redo PWT, I'd love a round where Red and the other game protagonists return to battle you - male/female PCs are chosen at random from each generation each time you challenge it.

It's pretty unlikely to happen but that's my pipe dream. I'd mainly like N and Cyrus to return.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I want Zinnia to return so bad. She's like one of my favourite characters of the Pokémon World. It's sad she only appeared in the Delta Episode, and after that.... she completely vanished.....

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    All of the other generation's protagonists would be nice. In particular, I would like to see Gold (or Ethan, or whatever they decided to rename him). It would also be neat if they brought Kris back to coincide with a release of GSC on the eshop.

As for other past characters, I've always liked Lance, so it would be nice to see him back too.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    So I went ahead and actually compiled this list of Champions, rivals, and plot-important characters and organized them by gen. I didn't list the rival or friend of gen 6 because I'd much rather get these characters than them. And I didn't include protagonists because as cool as it would be for them to return, if space really is limited (I don't want to start getting too hopeful too early) I'd rather have established characters return than silent protagonists.

Red, Blue

Lance, Silver, Eusine

Steven, Wallace (New Champion outfit?!), Wally, Zinnia

Cynthia, Barry, Looker

Alder, Iris, Cheren, Bianca, Hugh, N, Colress

Diantha, Sycamore (he would truly be the ultimate threat), Emma

I also wanted to add characters like Benga and the gen 4 stat Trainers, among numerous others, but I'm worried that would start pushing it...

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • So I went ahead and actually compiled this list of Champions, rivals, and plot-important characters and organized them by gen. I didn't list the rival or friend of gen 6 because I'd much rather get these characters than them. And I didn't include protagonists because as cool as it would be for them to return, if space really is limited (I don't want to start getting too hopeful too early) I'd rather have established characters return than silent protagonists.

Red, Blue

Lance, Silver, Eusine

Steven, Wallace (New Champion outfit?!), Wally, Zinnia

Cynthia, Barry, Looker

Alder, Iris, Cheren, Bianca, Hugh, N, Colress

Diantha, Sycamore (he would truly be the ultimate threat), Emma

I also wanted to add characters like Benga and the gen 4 stat Trainers, among numerous others, but I'm worried that would start pushing it...

I forgot about Eusine! Yeah it would be cool to see him return. I doubt Looker or Emma would battle though. Seeing the rivals from XY grow up would be kind of neat? Sycamore has competition from Red to be honest, what a copycat.

I would also like to see Leaf, Kris and/or Lyra return. It would be nice to make reference to these often forgotten characters in the games.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I forgot about Eusine! Yeah it would be cool to see him return. I doubt Looker or Emma would battle though. Seeing the rivals from XY grow up would be kind of neat? Sycamore has competition from Red to be honest, what a copycat.

I would also like to see Leaf, Kris and/or Lyra return. It would be nice to make reference to these often forgotten characters in the games.
    I think Eusine would look really cool in 3D!

Yeah I was questioning Looker and Emma a bit, too, but I felt bad seeing gen 4 and 6 with so few characters...

I wonder if they'll age up other characters like they did with Red and Blue, or keep them the same like they did with Wally and Cynthia... Hm...

Honestly? I think the Battle Tree is where Sycamore will finally reveal that he was the true leader of Team Flare all along.

It would be so cute to have a female protagonist shown... But since I don't want to get my hopes too high on the number of characters available for scouting here, personally I'd rather they focus on getting actual established characters into the game first. Of course, if they're planning on having a huge extensive list of cameo characters, then I can start crossing my fingers for a cameo protagonist or two (aside from Red).

I'd say this is a great opportunity for Hilda/Hilbert and N to finally meet up again, buuuuut... I'd honestly rather they saved that for a meaningful narrative segment rather than just these simple cameos (aka gen 5 remakes).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm already satisfied with Red, Blue, and Cynthia. I do expect Lance, Steven, Alder, Colress, Tierno, Trever, Shauna, and Diantha to make an appearance (plz no Iris, plz no Iris, plz no Iris).

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    I think we might see Steven, I do hope we see Alder and Lance as well. Seeing N would be cool as well, I hope we get to see Silver and even Giovanni. I would love to see Gold/Ethan as well but I doubt will see him.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Colress, N, Silver and Steven would be my top picks.

I hope every generation gets a good selection of familiar faces though. Champions are probably almost a given but it would be cool to see some more past protagonists and rivals as well.

I do think some other characters that aren't really known for battling would be cool too, like Looker and Eusine. Also does anyone else think it would be a super cool nod to Pokemon Crystal if they had Kris appear?

Lastly I didn't play much of the Battle Frontier but they could have a character from that appear as well maybe? (maybe one for Hoenn and one for Sinnoh) Whoever is the "head" of the those facilities in each generation.

I'm going to mention something from the datamine so I'm putting this in spoilers...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Basically at least all the past Champions should be included in it

Would also like to have N just so him and I can have another epic Zekrom-Reshiram duel

And Ghetsis. Would not make the slightest of sense to have him there but I just wanna hear a gen 7 version of his battle theme(s)

Back