• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Fictional Weapons!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years

• Video Games have many creative and interesting weapon ideas, from laser swords to anti-gravity manipulators and everything in between! Now in this we are only looking at fictional weapons, so you'll have to leave your AKM, AWP, and RPGs at home. We are looking at weapons more like the Lightsaber from Star Wars, the Gravity Gun from Half-Life 2, or even the Fire Flower from any of the Mario games! Pick as many as you like! Or even ones already picked!

So what are your favorite weapons, VG?

My selection
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Power Weapons. Unlike Light Sabers or similar weapons, Power Weapons augment the user's strength immeasurably. From the humble phase knife to the massive Power Maul, the weapons are prized relics and destructive in their use. Revered by the individuals fortunate enough to possess the items, they are rarely destroyed if the owner is slain. I'd write more, but someone already has:

Power Weapons are rare and greatly coveted personal close combat melee weapons that are used on the battlefields of the 41st Millennium. Few members of the Adeptus Mechanicus retain the knowledge necessary to make these deadly weapons, and those that are in existence are often hundreds or even thousands of standard years old. Only the most powerful and influential members of the Imperium possess a power weapon as a result. Inquisitors and high-ranking Commissars or Imperial Guard officers tend to possess them, as do members of various noble families with potent political clout and wealth. The Space Marines make use of many of the power weapons in existence, as is their right.

Power Weapons generally exude a hazy, blue-coloured field of energy that wraps around the primary impact region of a melee weapon, be it a sword's blade or warhammer's head and is capable of disrupting the molecular bonds of matter when it strikes. These weapons may be constructed to appear as a primitive, simple melee weapon, with the power field generator concealed within the hilt or haft of the weapon. Once the power field is switched on, however, the obvious humming sound given off and the blue light gives the secret of the weapon's true nature away. There are special variants of these "traditional" types of power weapon, such as Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn's power sword, which had no actual metal blade, just a hilt that projected a blade of pure energy. Another such variant is the Eviscerator, an enormous chain sword where the admantine chain blade emits a weak power field.

The most notably effective use of a power weapon is the Chainfist, which is a combination of a Powerfist and a Chainsword which usually protrudes from the back of the hand, just above the knuckles. This weapon is capable of cutting through even the toughest of armor on battle tanks. Chainfists are so massive and encumbering (limiting their effectiveness against enemy troops), not to mention energy-inefficient, that they are normally only ever seen on Space Marines equipped with Terminator Armour.

The most powerful close combat weapon is the Powerfist mounted on a Dreadnought. It is more powerful than its infantry equivalent since the Dreadnought is unencumbered by its weight and is able to strike quickly, while it is also just as effective as the chainfist when used against heavily armoured vehicles. The Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought Bjorn the Fell-Handed has a lightning claw instead of the Powerfist usually found on other Dreadnoughts, but current game rules treat the lightning claw the same as the Powerfist.

Power weapons allow no saving throws and are cool as hell. They destroy in such a way that they burn the target down to the very molecules. Pretty lethal stuff.

latest

73b26bd99dd0b058c472dd816494772c.jpg

latest

rogue_detail.png

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I have a handy selection of FICTIONAL Firearms and even melee weapons floating about:

Super Shotgun
    YPfurvU.png

Game: Doom series
    Weapon Class: Double Barreled Shotgun
    Pictured above is the Doom 2016 Super Shotgun

One of the most iconic weapons in Doom aside from the Chainsaw and the BFG. The Super Shotgun in all of the Doom games have always displayed an amazing amount of power. That one big blast to simply tear through enemies may not sound the fanciest, but it gets the job done as quickly and as efficiently possible.

The Super Shotgun has always fascinated me as a weapon in its respective lore. Despite looking like an old fashioned coach or sawed off shotgun, it manages to be miles above the power level among most of the other basic weapons the Doomguy can wield, while being MUCH SAFER to use than a Rocket Launcher, WHILE STILL delivering as much damage, or in some cases even moreso.

While the Super Shotgun has been in all of the Doom games aside from the very first game, I specifically mention here the Doom 2016 weapon. The main reason why I say this one Super Shotgun in particular is that aside from being an absolutely badass looking firearm, this particular weapon in said game is able to keep the legacy of its old ancestors while fixing some of the problems its old brethren had such as the overly large spread. This particular boomstick also has an upgrade that allows it to fire at one barrel at a time instead of the usual 2 before "reloading", but while that may sound like a downgrade, each shot is able to deal the SAME amounts of damage while also increasing how fast the Doomguy re-chambers the weapon. This effectively QUADRUPLES the overall damage output of the weapon, making it one of the most powerful weapons in the single player campaign. The challenge in acquiring the upgrade for the Super Shotty can be quite challenging especially when playing in Ultraviolence Difficulty but its so damn worth it that missing out on that particular upgrade can be saddening.

Vladof Droogs
    Xs4k3VH.jpg

Game(s): Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Presequel
    Weapon Class: Sniper Rifle
    Pictured above is the Lyuda, a legendary variant of the Droog weapon class.

Droogs are Vladof Sniper Rifles in Borderlands 2 that have the Vladof Barrel. A signature trait of the Vladof weapons manufacturer in the Borderlands series are high rates of fire, and the Vladof Droogs are a testament to such. Basically, you combine the range and damage output of a sniper rifle AND the high rate of fire associated with the Vladof business model and you got yourself a weapon that will keep those bandits, skags, and even those Hyperion PMCs out of your way.

Gameplay wise, Vladof Droogs are very powerful. As mentioned before, Vladof Droogs are a holy fusion of your typical sniper rifle but with the automatic capabilities of an assault rifle. This means that you have the best of both worlds in range, damage, and fire rate to annihilate enemies from a long range.

Heck, Droogs are so good even when hip fired that I've made these some of my go-to automatic weapons for Salvador since he is able to mitigate the Droog's main weakness in ammo consumption thanks to his action skill "Gunzerking" which other than giving Salvador Dual Wielding, health regenration, damage resistance, and fire rate, it also allows him to regenerate ammo, allowing Sal to dish out continious amounts of damage.

Oh and Dual Wielding TWO Droogs is one of the most badass things you can do in Borderlands 2. Dual Wielding two Lyudas is basically badass x12.

Junkyard Dog Mrk II.
    VijPYhA.png

Game: Guilty Gear XrD
    Weapon class: Hybrid Sword + Flamethrower + Lighter (yes it is a lighter)

Sol Badguy's particular weapon. There is something about a weapon that combines a sword, a flamethrower and a personal lighter all at the same time. Its glorious.

Years
  • I always really liked the weapons from Darksiders and FFX. That's what springs to mind I don't think I really have much of a favourite though.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Here is a list of some of my favorite video game weapons:

Spartan Laser (Halo series)
    Black Widow Sniper Rifle (Mass Effect 3)
    M-76 Revenant (Mass Effect 2 and 3)
    Gravity Gun (Half Life series)
    Cow Mangler 5000 (Team Fortress 2)
    Buster Sword (Final Fantasy VII)
    Ebony Blade (Elder Scrolls series)
    Dawnbreaker (Elder Scrolls series)
    Hidden Blade (Assassin's Creed series)
    Vampire Killer (Castlevania series)
    DC-17m (Star Wars Republic Commando)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hidden Blade from AC series is pretty sick and feels awesome to use.

Also Kohm from Warframe
    Spoiler:

It's a rapid fire gun which adds 1 bullet shot each time it fires up to 20 shoots while also increasing the speed it fires at. And then there is a Warframe called Mirage that can summon illusions around it that copy the weapon, and all the Kohms stack. It's awesome.

RIP FPS though.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Basically anything from Ratchet and Clank, a favourite of mine being the Sheepinator. It turns anything in your path into a sheep. Neat, huh?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • More to my collection of favorite things I've seen lately and some i just wanted to cite out:

Brainer Axe
    tXDs8MI.jpg

Weapon Class: Hammer Axe

"Sample Obtained!"

Oh yeah, we are going in there ladies and guys. Umbrella Corps may be a disaster of a game that I luckily have never bought but for some reason, just seeing this very weapon, this silly looking yet at the same time badass looking Brainer Axe looks like a weapon that can be put in a much better game. A one handed hammer and a sickle at the same time? This weapon, being one of the most lethal things (or in fact the most lethal) in said game's multiplayer is a terror in the right hands.

High Frequency Blade
    2iiN1NA.jpg

Weapon Class: Katana

"My Sword, is a tool of justice!"

Raiden's primary weapon. Despite being overly glorified in fictional media, I've always liked the Katana style in bladed weaponry as it always manages to look cool in every form. Raiden's HF Blade is one of those weapons that I would like to be part of my personal arsenal should I need to save my ranged weaponry's ammunition to deal with some very hard materials.

BFG 9000
    dRWGFex.jpg

Weapon Class: "BIG F**KING GUN"

"Death surrounds me, yet in my head i hear something that sounds like angels. Lo, I have found the holy grail of firepower! Mine eyes can but weep as they bear witness to the majesty... THE BFG 9000!"

What can i say about the BFG or the "Big F***king Gun"? Its easily the most iconic weapon not only in Doom, but also in Action games in general. When things start getting overly hectic, even when the trusty Super Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Chain Gun, Plasma Rifle, and all other basic weaponry seems to be faltering, that one solution requires just one button press to annihilate every single enemy in the room.

This weapon is such an iconic instrument of mass destruction that it even has its own piece of music in Doom 2016. The BFG 9000 is the perfect representation of what a "Final" weapon should be like: Its Big, it F**ks everything up within a single button press, and its a gun.

Boneduster
    XGvt9c4.jpg

Weapon Class: Multi Barrelled Shotgun.

Hmmm what seems to be a better weapon than a Double Barreled Super shotgun? How about a QUAD BARRELED SHOTGUN? This thing looks amazing, heck the picture I provided doesn't give it enough justice. I recommend people looking for the Boneduster Shotgun in google search to see better pictures of it, or even better, play Bulletstorm to know what the Boneduster is all about.

The Boneduster is a perfect representation of what Bulletstorm is all about, over-the-top ridiculousness, and this particular shotgun does its job nicely. Blowing up some enemy soldiers into bloody smithereens with this thing is such a satisfying thing to do.

Arsenic

Years
  • Time to give a shout out to a couple more wonderful weapons

First up is the Lancer Mk2 and MK3 from the GOW series. Not only is this rifle series one of the icons of the game it's an icon of the console as well. It does great as a cqc and mid-ranged weapon and has a great fun-button to chainsaw whatever is in-front of you in half, be it human, alien, or mechanical. Iiiii'm not sure how safe it is to use though, but that may be beside the point of it....
    Spoiler:

Next up is another pick from Half-Life. The Gluon Gun or Quantum Destabilizer is a energy beam based superweapon in the game. It can kill most enemies in a matter of seconds in both SP and MP, causing their body to explode and then desintigrate. It's major downfall is that it burns through it ammunition pretty fast even if its only fired for a couple seconds per target. Just chopping apart multiple people in a row with a deadly beam of science is pretty satisfying though...

Spoiler:

Years
  • First up is the Lancer Mk2 and MK3 from the GOW series. Not only is this rifle series one of the icons of the game it's an icon of the console as well. It does great as a cqc and mid-ranged weapon and has a great fun-button to chainsaw whatever is in-front of you in half, be it human, alien, or mechanical. Iiiii'm not sure how safe it is to use though, but that may be beside the point of it....
    Spoiler:

I've always found the fascination with Gears of War a tad peculiar. I never thought fighting aliens with chainswords was a new thing. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything like that, but I wanted to know more about your thoughts. Was it the first chainsaw combo you've seen? Or have you seen others before it and just prefer the Lancer?

Yukari

Can I just say that the Wabbajack is like the most fun freaking thing ever?

Arsenic

Years
  • I've always found the fascination with Gears of War a tad peculiar. I never thought fighting aliens with chainswords was a new thing. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything like that, but I wanted to know more about your thoughts. Was it the first chainsaw combo you've seen? Or have you seen others before it and just prefer the Lancer?

I've used both the chainsword and the ripper before the lancer but I don't remember them being as.... gritty. I think it's the complete package that makes it for me. I dunno. That's a really good question lol.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • So I'm going to post some of my other entries and have a bit of fun afterwards:

I just found out about some of these babies and they have quickly won my arsenal's heart.

Razorback
    pd7ANn2.png

Game: Obviously its from Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare as seen in the title card
    Weapon Class: Hybrid Sword

So basically this is what you get when you mix two of the most overly glorified melee weapons in all of fictional media and video games alike: The katana and the chainsaw. KATANA CHAINSAW. Let that sink into your heads on how ridiculous the premise is, but have played with this very weapon in Shadow Warrior 2 (Don't ask how), the Razorback is such a pleasure and joy to use.

The weapon perse in the game isn't anything groundbreaking or special once you get the even more rarer and epic loot that you can find in Shadow Warrior 2, but the fact that it is able to still kick a ton of ass and slice, dice, and carve those pesky demons into chunky bits, especially with some weapon upgrades that can be found in the world. The only thing i hate about this thing is that its one of those "PRE-ORDER ONLY" bonuses that unfortunately I do not have but a friend of mine does.

Delta-12 Chaingun
    Z671btv.png

Game: Doom 2016
    Weapon Class: Rotary barreled minigun

The Chaingun. One of the other iconic weapons in the Doom franchise and it makes a glorious presence in the 2016 game. This badass looking death dealer is able to deliver some punishment to demons and enemy people alike with a very high rate of fire and fairly good accuracy and spread. This weapon does have a habit of consuming a lot of ammunition if fired with reckless abandon but considering how much damage it deals, at times those bullets fired are worth it.

While the Chaingun in Doom 2016 in itself is an okay weapon in my book, heck, a pretty bad ass one since I have a deep fancy for Miniguns myself, this thing has access to a weapon upgrade that turns this already awe-inspiring weapon into this monstrosity:

iTArtoK.jpg

The Mobile Turret. Basically everything the chaingun already is, but with an even higher rate of fire that essentially turns this monstrosity as one of the most powerful weapon in the game in terms of overall damage output, only rivaled by the fully upgraded Super Shotgun and the Gauss Cannon (The BFG doesn't count in terms of game mechanics because that weapon is designed to be a one-hit Kill on all non boss enemies). It does have its major drawbacks such as increased ammo consumption and overheating, but when used wisely, this beast can take out multiple enemies in horde, in a single hail of triple barreled fury.

The Predator's entire arsenal (yep)
    4q68Sgv.jpg

Game: Alien vs Predator series
    Weapons included: Shoulder Mounted Plasma Cannon, Plasma Pistol, Predator Spear, Throwing Discs, etc.

Yep. I went there. Anyone who has played the Alien vs Predator first person shooter games may agree or disagree with me on one thing: Everyone wanted to play the Predator. The Predator in the AvP games has always been designed with one thing in particular: Very powerful weaponry that easily does the job of one-shot, one kill on Marines and Xenomorphs alike when used properly, as well as keeping up with the fantasy and thematic of playing as one of the most iconic extra terrestrials in fictional media. As powerful as the weaponry were, they were balanced out by having slow fire rates and/or high downtimes which prevented spamming or unskilled play from anyone playing as the Predator.

Anyone who has played any of the multiplayer components of an Alien vs Predator game, especially the very classic one from 1999 probably remembered how dickish a really good Predator player could be when it came to looking extremely overpowered compared against the Xenomorphs and the marines. I remember it like it was just yesterday.

Years
  • I've used both the chainsword and the ripper before the lancer but I don't remember them being as.... gritty. I think it's the complete package that makes it for me. I dunno. That's a really good question lol.

Ohohoho! Grit? The Grim Dark is full of such things! I'd actually bet on it. The chainsword itself may not be seen in games and done justice properly, but when the two metre blade meets its enemy, Adimantium and ceremite armour provides little protection. Besides, this precludes the possibility of Daemon Possessed Chain Weapons, so if you wanted to add those into the mix . . . A Chainsword that drinks the blood of its foes? Yesh.

I will be honest though, I am a bit biased in terms of lore. There is so much story and backing behind the things that you can't really even compare apples or oranges as a fruit at all. I mean, how many Gears of War books are there? Five? Not to bash on the author, because she does some fantastic work, but a small runtime in the Gears of War lore really hinders its survivability, in my opinion. *shrug* I know it won't win any favour or arguments, because you like what you like in the end, but I'll make an argument for Chain and Power weapons anyways.

I'd love to discuss the topic further, should you choose. There is a lot to know about the universe and the make up as a whole. Until then:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • Most of what's in splatoon. While not actually harmful, still weapons. And some of those novelty guns in gmod addons. And aura spheres.

Arsenic

Years
  • And now I bring you, the non-firearm list!

Firstly, I don't know how this hasn't shown up yet, BUT...
    Spoiler:

Though I dislike the game for making the player much too overpowered (imo)

Spoiler:

Here's a unique one...
    Spoiler:

And now the one you all have been waiting for...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

TY

Doom of Chelchis: This Scout Rifle in Destiny is actually average to pretty bad stat wise, but out of nowhere I decided one day to pick it up and use it in PvP and actually started to use it a lot more. It got to a point where I get bashed on for using it by fireteam members XD

not leaving Destiny just yet, the Longbow Synthesis Y09 and Her Benevolence sniper rifles are also one of my all-time favorite weapons to use in Destiny, despite the current patch making them not that viable any longer :(

Then there is the Vortex Rifle in DOOM because that thing is simply amazing and I love using it to death and im so sad its MP only :(

Then there is Renegade X's Battle Rifle (or w/e they named it now it's the gun Patch gets) because having DoT on a 50-round full auto rifle is cool. Downside it's only for one side only so if i am on the wrong side I get sad.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the Sniper Rifle in Renegade X. In the right hands, no infantry will be safe. One headshot cleans up every character in the game. Hard to pull off with how the game plays, but when you go on a spree with it, it feels so good <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    This thread needs some BIG GUNS. But first, a fabulous pink rainbow.
    Spoiler:

So,
    latest
    latest

Fusion Pulse Cannon (& derivatives, turret shown, though the demi-turret battery is probably the best) and Storm Chaingun from EV Nova. The former is a weapon that's supposed to be limited by a big downside (damage drops off with range), but ends up being OP because its good point (high base damage for energy usage) is still just too good. The latter is just... awesome. It looks more impressive than it is, really, but I like the vibe it gives of affirming that mere fighter pilots are beneath one's notice. With these in conjunction with ion cannons (illegal ones because fuck the police) you get this epic assault build that can just charge in while holding the fire button. I once made a post about how the IDA Frigate is my favourite vehicle in any game — and this is what I do with it.

Hellhound missiles are cool too, and make these satisfying low-pitched explosions that sound almost 8-bit, but they're expensive with a relatively low ammo count and don't fire as quickly as I'd like, plus their availability is very limited.

In other games... oh, recently I made a coilgun in Children of a Dead Earth that shoots four 950t yield nukes every second at nearly 3km/s. Given that this game is a simulator with realistic module design this could even become a thing. A version that shoots gigaton nukes probably could be made, but given how effective even sub-kiloton devices are the prospect is more redundant than intimidating to consider.

Last edited:

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • "That thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of iron."

Spoiler:

Can't get much better than a massive cursed blade that weighs over 250kg.

Some others:

The Moonlight Greatsword (Dark Souls)

Spoiler:

fuckin' laser beams of magic dude

granted, the Bloodborne version is more aesthetically pleasing but still

Anti-Materiel Rifle (Fallout: New Vegas)

Spoiler:

AKA: How to Blow Away A Giant Mutated Tarantula Hawk, The Weapon

Phoenix Blaster (Terraria)

Spoiler:

It doesn't have a 'wow' factor, but it's still fun to play around with regardless

Dragonslayer Spear (Dark Souls)

Spoiler:

Goddamn lightning bolts coming out of a spear, and the boss who uses it is kickass. Probably my second favourite weapon here.

Back