• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could change Pokemon's mascot...

Years
    Pikachu has been the official mascot of the Pokemon franchise in its 20 years of existence, and we all understand its appeal and why it's been the face of the franchise. But what if the mascot wasn't Pikachu? What Pokemon would you want to be the mascot of Pokemon instead of Pikachu?

And additionally, what Pokemon do you think would make the best and worst choices for mascot? (thank an old thread by adventure for this idea)

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Well clefairy was supposed to e the mascott, so if I think at another mascott than Pikachu, it is the one that comes to my mind.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Change the Mascot? Pika says:-

If you could change Pokemon's mascot...

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
    Well clefairy was supposed to e the mascott, so if I think at another mascott than Pikachu, it is the one that comes to my mind.

I definitely remember Clefairy was considered, but a main reason as to why Pikachu was chosen over it was because the latter appealed to a more gender-neutral demographic. If I were to be able to pick a different mascot over Pikachu, I'd go for Eevee since it's exposed a lot in Pokemon media and it has gender-neutral appeal like Pikachu does.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Usually I think the mascot of the Pokémon to be Pikachu, but if they had to change it, I think it have to be Eevee, because it's so cute, have a big appeal, and can be strong as well via many of its Eeveelutions. Hey, Eevee even got one of the Z-Moves to power it up as well!

xXLunaSolXx

Magma Admin Tabitha should be Pokemon's mascot. He's better than Pikachu.

Just joking, I think Eevee would be a very cool mascot. It's gender-neutral and popular by fans, just like everybody says.

Years
    I honestly think Eevee, Clefairy and Greninja would be the only viable mascots and even then, it just wouldn't seem right without Pikachu.

Years
    Eevee would make for a pretty good mascot. It's small and cute and has been around since Gen I just like Pikachu.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I like Pikachu, for the sake of answering the question, probably Eevee because it shows off different types and the evolution aspect of the game. Its cute and almost every player loves the pokemon. Eevee and its evolutions are very popular!

(i wish it was Mareep though lol)

Sirfetch’d

I honestly think Eevee, Clefairy and Greninja would be the only viable mascots and even then, it just wouldn't seem right without Pikachu.

You know, all 3 of these would be good options. Clefairy was supposed to be the mascot so it naturally makes sense. Eevee and Greninja are insanely popular and almost just as recognizable by people as Pikachu.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Honestly I can't think of any other Pokemon that would be able to replace Pikachu as mascot.

If you are to ask somebody who has never played the Pokemon games to name a Pokemon it will likely be Pikachu.

The Electric mouse has Gender neutral appeal. As cute as it is Clefairy is more of a girly design. Lucario, Charizard and Greninja might be popular but they are more masculine designs.

The other reason Pikachu should be the mascot is because he is easy for a child to draw. A child can easily draw something resembling Pikachu whilst even Eevee would be somewhat trickier.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I actually wouldn't if given the choice. Pikachu seems so fitting for the mascot and I really can't imagine any other Pokémon taking that place. If I had to though, just for a laugh I'd choose Jynx and on a more serious note I'd choose Eevee.

LadyLucina

Together We Ride
    Years
    If I were able to change the mascot (not that I would of course), I'd had to agree that Eevee would be a pretty iconic choice. These days, Eevee has been getting quite a bit of attention, especially so now that it has its own Z-Move. But regardless, I'm glad that they chose Pikachu overall.

Back