• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Nintendo Switch Discussion [OUT NOW!]

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • I really want to play Zelda, Mario and Bomberan, but Mario isn't a title launch. It's pricey and I know it might be cheaper later... still, I didn't bought a console since the wii in 2009... I have the money, but do I want to buy it right away? I'll have the switch one day. But maybe I'll wait? I just don't know anymore :/

Years
  • Besides Fire Emblem and Zelda, nothing else has really excited me about the Switch. Definitely not getting it right away, but probably will end up getting it later on in the year. Idk yet.

Years
  • If what is said during the presentation is true that 80 games are in development for it, there might be a quite a few gems worth looking at, especially if they're announced later on during the year.
    I hope to see Nintendo have a game catering to adults as a hopeful gem when it comes to their exclusives.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Okay, looks like the presentation was having some things that I'm looking forward to, like the fact that Switch being region free, which means I'd be able to get some imported games if I wanted to. But then, I read the news that some of the imported games on my wish list will be localized too, so... Oh well.

I think I'll check on Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, NBA2K18 and also Puyo Puyo Tetris at bay.

User19sq

...Am I the only one who cared about Xenoblade 2?

._.

*Cries in corner*

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 8, 2017
    ...Am I the only one who cared about Xenoblade 2?

._.

*Cries in corner*

I think it looks cool, so I'll keep an eye on it, but it's hard to be excited for a sequel when I didn't play the original. If it's friendly to new entry and has good performance, then I'll be more interested.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Certainly not! But it has no date beyond '2017' and I wouldn't be surprised to see that slip. But hey, new Xenoblade! And it has ACE+ back for music, even better!

User19sq

I think it looks cool, so I'll keep an eye on it, but it's hard to be excited for a sequel when I didn't play the original. If it's friendly to new entry and has good performance, then I'll be more interested.

Xenoblade X fits such a role, but it's better if you play the first one beforehand (to understand what the Nopon are, on top of locations and their resemblances to the world of the first before, well, anyway)

But it's a sequel, wherein X was a spiritual successor. Considering how Xenoblade ended and how X began... I haven't the slightest clue how it can go on, or where the f*ck the Monado came back from. (The Monado is the red thing that dude and Shulk have on them, the "Xenoblade" in question, I guess...)

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
    Years
  • So apparently it's so popular right now that Gamestop USA has completely sold out of their pre-order stock. I wonder if this is a sign of good things to come...

Yeah, I heard Nintendo is only planning to ship something like 2 million worldwide on launch.

After watching the Presentation, I really was a bit less hype for the console; but since I knew it would be hard to get my hands on one after launch, as well as knowing I'd have to dodge BotW spoilers, I just decided to pre-order immediately.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • I'm lucky I was able to snag this before Amazon stopped accepting preorders. I probably will not pick up any games at launch (I really need to go over finances for February and March), but at least I won't have to go through a potential Wii situation again.

I feel like the only person not blown away by Zelda. Then again, I've never been too crazy into Zelda. The scenery looks beautiful, but I'm just not crazy about the character designs. I am intrigued by ARMS, but I will probably wait for a few reviews before considering picking it up.

But still, potential Fire Emblem Smash Bros. fighting game or a Dynasty Warriors setting? SIGN ME UP! I'm also excited about Splatoon 2, but I hope it has a bigger story mode this time around since my Internet is not really capable of online play. I also hope the online play subscription is yearly as well. I'm okay with paying for it as long as Nintendo can keep up with the servers. I've always experienced major lag with Smash and Splatoon, even when going over to my fiance's house.

rawcomrade91

Check out my reviews at SwitchJoy.net
    Years
  • Yeah, I was able to snag an Amazon preorder last Friday before they sold out for good, but I'm not sure I want to keep it...I honestly don't have $300 for a new console (I was hoping for $250), but with tax returns, who knows? Two main things giving me pause are that I could just get Zelda on Wii U (even though I'd rather have it on Switch), and those Joycons are just so damn tiny...and I have pretty large hands. It might not be an issue using the Joycon grip or using it in tablet mode, but I would absolutely be concerned about using a single Joycon during two-player gameplay. And I'm hesitant about dropping $70 for the pro controller on day one.

Paltry launch lineup aside, I am excited for the Switch. Last Friday I kept going back and forth on whether I wanted to preorder, but I ended up just doing it anyway--Amazon doesn't charge you until it ships, so I have a good month and a half or so to cancel if I really need to.

Also...I shall fight the urge to buy Skyrim for the 4th time. >_>

User19sq

Certainly not! But it has no date beyond '2017' and I wouldn't be surprised to see that slip. But hey, new Xenoblade! And it has ACE+ back for music, even better!

My ears! They are opened for ACE+'s insertion! If Yoko comes back too, then... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

*Waits patiently as you get mad over me reminding you no export for MOTHER 3*

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Super Bomberman R finally went up on Amazon.

At $60 and with no Prime 20% discount for some reason.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I really want Bomberman <3 But at this price I don't know.. I'll wait for the price to drop a little bit?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • The Fire Emblem direct is a little less than an hour away. I'm guessing they'll show us some Fire Emblem Warriors gameplay, and some more info on that new mobile (eh..) FE game. Someone was mentioning Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn HD remasters, but I don't think that's very likely.

Years
  • Some of the initial games for the switch look great, such as mario karts, Zelda and mario....but I was disappointed with the rest of the launch games...plus the price of the accessories made me sigh.....

Years
  • Seems Nintendo plans on making sure the Switch is steadily available after launch which sounds good for people who want them. I already know I'm getting Zelda, Mario Kart, & possibly Fire Emblem Warriors if it is a action rpg, which it looks like it from the footage when I pick up a Switch later this year/early 2018.

Back