• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you tasted a Nintendo Switch Cartridge yet???

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    A trend started by Jeff Gerstmann of Giant Bomb, by the way.

And no. Never.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ben why would you lick a game cartridge

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I'm pretty happy about this because one time my dog bit my Super Mario Bros DS game. Somehow it still survived and worked fine, but its not worth the risk again. If I get the Switch, I'm very happy about this feature. Not to mention, it might save some children's lives, which is a great thing Nintendo is doing.

I will for-sure taste test the cartridges if i ever get my hands on the Switch!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • They're supposedly covered in denatonium benzoate, a bittering agent also put in rat poison, antifreeze, other harmful substances to prevent human consumption.

It's supposedly the worst tasting chemical scientifically possible to make.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I'm pretty happy about this because one time my dog bit my Super Mario Bros DS game. Somehow it still survived and worked fine, but its not worth the risk again. If I get the Switch, I'm very happy about this feature.

Someone on the Switch sub said that it doesn't work with dogs.

Let's remember here, dogs will eat actual poop, so...

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Someone on the Switch sub said that it doesn't work with dogs.

Let's remember here, dogs will eat actual poop, so...

True, but there are sprays that are produced to prevent dogs from chewing on furniture and other stuff around the house. In fact, my family has bought that kind of spray a few years back. I wonder if the chemicals used for the Switch cartridges are also used in sprays for dogs?

But then again, the Switch sub seems to have evidence. But did that person actually try and have his dog lick the cartridge or force the cartridge in the dog's mouth? Im not saying he is a lier, but its somewhat fishy. To me, it wouldnt be worth the risk of either the cartridge being bit or the dog choking on the cartridge. In addition, dogs vary significantly and his dog may not mind that specific taste (but I'm no biologist lol).

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    True, but there are sprays that are produced to prevent dogs from chewing on furniture and other stuff around the house. In fact, my family has bought that kind of spray a few years back. I wonder if the chemicals used for the Switch cartridges are also used in sprays for dogs?

But then again, the Switch sub seems to have evidence. But did that person actually try and have his dog lick the cartridge or force the cartridge in the dog's mouth? Im not saying he is a lier, but its somewhat fishy. To me, it wouldnt be worth the risk of either the cartridge being bit or the dog choking on the cartridge. In addition, dogs vary significantly and his dog may not mind that specific taste (but I'm no biologist lol).

You tell me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5xhufw/advisement_the_cartridge_bitterant_does_not/

Yukari

Okay I can get why they put a bittering agent on the carts but...

... This bothers me to an unreasonable extent.

And the fact that someone actually put a piece of plastic containing electronic circuits into their mouth causes me to deeply question the collective intelligence of the human race.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • And the fact that someone actually put a piece of plastic containing electronic circuits into their mouth causes me to deeply question the collective intelligence of the human race.

babies and very young children?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Don't have a Switch yet, but I did nab BotW Switch while I was out.

And I'm not gonna lie, the first thing I considered doing was ripping it out of the plastic and giving the cart a lick.

*cough*

I ended up fighting myself off of the idea because I'll wait to actually own a Switch and have an excuse for opening the game. And when I do

...When I do

Yukari

Don't have a Switch yet, but I did nab BotW Switch while I was out.

And I'm not gonna lie, the first thing I considered doing was ripping it out of the plastic and giving the cart a lick.

*cough*

I ended up fighting myself off of the idea because I'll wait to actually own a Switch and have an excuse for opening the game. And when I do

...When I do
    This has made me question your sense of reason to a rather extreme degree.

Years
  • I haven't tasted one Nor do i ever plan to do so since who in their right mind would put a gaming cartridge in they're mouth?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Asking "what was going through the mind of the first person to lick a Switch cartridge?" is kind of like asking what the first person to milk a cow thought they were doing.

Back