• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you tasted a Nintendo Switch Cartridge yet???

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Asking "what was going through the mind of the first person to lick a Switch cartridge?" is kind of like asking what the first person to milk a cow thought they were doing.
    except we got milk outta that

this doesn't give us anything

Sir Codin

When I was getting the Wii U version of BotW (fuckawesome game btw), the Gamestahp guy at the counter was like "by the way, have you licked a Switch game cartridge yet?" and I'm like "uh, no. why? You smoking weed or some shit?"

"Dude, they covered it in this compound that tastes super gross so toddlers wouldn't swallow them. Wanna taste it and see?"

"No, bud, I'm good. I'll take your word for it."

I do chew on plastic a lot sometimes (nervous habit I picked up in school...I bite things when I'm deep in concentration) but never a game cartridge, though. Personally I want to think this is just something that was first discovered when people were drinking too much while playing the Switch and someone got dared to lick the Breath of the Wild cartridge.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I do chew on plastic a lot sometimes (nervous habit I picked up in school...I bite things when I'm deep in concentration) but never a game cartridge, though. Personally I want to think this is just something that was first discovered when people were drinking too much while playing the Switch and someone got dared to lick the Breath of the Wild cartridge.
    See, I always saw it as something like the cart getting a little too close to someone's face and they ended up smelling it, which then prompted a lick.

That or, in the case that's been my own every now and again, putting the cart in your mouth because your hands are full and you need to take it from point A to point B.

Not really sure why they'd lick it, exactly, you're not supposed to literally consume the cart so much as hold it with your lips but...this all had to start somewhere, I guess.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    What an odd decision coming from Nintendo. They sure know how to bring something new to the table.
    If I recall correctly Nintendo themselves made mention of this - that's why it caught on and everyone started doing it. However, even when you touch it you'll still get a gross taste on your finger and most people bite their nails so you'd get some sort of taste even if you didn't lick it. :X It's not good.
    You made me remember that one Detective Conan case. Just make sure it's no Potassium Cyanide. {XD}

Years
  • I've been wanting to taste the cartridge myself, but every time I remember to do it my game is still running so I can't pop the cart out. Maybe I can taste it today.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • I am disappointed in all of you. You could have done this for science, and you all blew it. Learn to live a little! YOLO!

But in all seriousness, I actually did. I regret doing it.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • no, i haven't bc i don't own one but dan and phil did, they even uploaded a video about it on youtube. i can confirm from them that it indeed tastes awful and apparently like that stuff you use so you don't bite your nails

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I can't believe this is a thing. Science has finally gone too far! What will I do if I can't nervously chew on my game cartridges?

Back