• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LAN Parties

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • What are your thoughts on LAN parties? Have you ever hosted or been a part of one before? What games did you play? Do you think these still happen today?

When I was in college, I would take my Xbox and TV over to my friend's house where we would LAN Destiny into the early hours of the next day. It was so fucking fun. I have many great memories of doing the Prison of Elders with him and grinding out for some great loot. Good times.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • #1 way to ruin friendships.

445C3C4D5EF4F49899D57BA54900EC3860BDA969

So much better than all that Call of Duty infused shit Crytek puts out now-a-days. Strength mode fist fights, The gamewinning cloaked sniper shot, Everyone rushing for the one island with the Gauss rifle. Good times.

Heck, My first introduction to PAYDAY was with LAN. Me and a buddy would play during computer class on a cracked not quite legal copy of PAYDAY 2. I clocked at least 200 hours in that, too bad it doesnt show on steam : (

In short, yes, I love LAN gaming. Nothing like everyone wanting to murder eachother in a small room!

Also, I didn't know Destiny was LAN-able. Online only, yessssssssss?

Years
  • LAN Parties were pretty bomb. I've been to and hosted several. Most of them were PC-only LAN parties, though, where we played things like Titanquest, Age of Empires II, and Starcraft. Sometimes we had console LANs, though like with Halo 3 on Xbox 360. We also did have one marathon Minecraft session at one of them.

Years
  • LAN parties are so great, I've been to a few and played Halo 3, Minecraft, Call of Duty and stuff, I think we're planning a throwback one with everyone later this year when one of my friend's comes back to our hometown.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    I used to frequent the "BattleNet" shop in my city for Pokemon TCG as a kid and I'd take part in LAN parties there sometimes, tho I preferred local console multiplayer much more. SSBM with 4 friends on the same sofa was incredible back in 03/04

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • My University does a bi-annual LanParty for the students/non-students. It's kinda huge. Lot of prizes too. I didn't really participate but I do go to see the other plays. I am usually in the Super Smash room, cheering for my (ex)roommate :p and sometime playing when there is a Nes, or if others bring their 3DS. I don't play PC Games tho so it's not like I participate to any tournament. I tried Smash... but it ended soooo badly for me x_x

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Age of Empires II: Age of Kings LAN parties. The best of times. The best. I always win B)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I actually don't think I've had one! I've played local multiplayer games at parties, like Smash Bros., MK and Mario Party, but it's always on the same device and nothing that's actually LAN. I have been planning to play Civ 6 with my brother and his girlfriend for a while now, since they recently got into it, but it still hasn't happened yet.

Back