• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Expectations for E3 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • It's right around the corner - what are y'all most looking forward in terms of games, hardware, or other video game related things from this year's main event?

Years
  • I wish XSEED would confirm localization for The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel III!
    Also, a tentative release date for the new God of War, along Spiderman.
    And not to forget: another Ratchet & Clank entry!
    At last, but not least: Ninja Gaiden 4 announcement by Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja!

Yukari

At last, but not least: Ninja Gaiden 4 announcement by Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja!

Y'know, I want this to happen but at the same time I really don't.

I'd absolutely be excited if they announced Ninja Gaiden 4, but I don't have faith in Team Ninja after Yaiba and Ninja Gaiden 3. The original NES series is my favorite series on the NES, and Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox is one of my all-time favorite games, but Ninja Gaiden 3 is... terrible. And Yaiba is absolutely despicable. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't think it would be anywhere near the Xbox Ninja Gaiden or the, not quite as good, but still great Ninja Gaiden 2.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm hoping that at least, more games will be announced for Nintendo Switch and also 3DS pretty soon. Plus, I'm looking forward to see more details on soccer game sim duo (FIFA 18 and PES 2018) as well.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The first E3 after a console launch is always fun, and that's why I'm looking forward to the Nintendo presentation the most.

Years
  • Y'know, I want this to happen but at the same time I really don't.

I'd absolutely be excited if they announced Ninja Gaiden 4, but I don't have faith in Team Ninja after Yaiba and Ninja Gaiden 3. The original NES series is my favorite series on the NES, and Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox is one of my all-time favorite games, but Ninja Gaiden 3 is... terrible. And Yaiba is absolutely despicable. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't think it would be anywhere near the Xbox Ninja Gaiden or the, not quite as good, but still great Ninja Gaiden 2.
    I'd say the same as you. But, I didn't try Yaiba since it was clearly a bad idea since it announcement (and Inafune was involved), and it's a spin-off.
    I liked Ninja Gaiden 3, with it's flaws. However, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge it's my favorite Ninja Gaiden games till now (and I've played them since NES).

And lastly, I played Nioh, and I loved it. If they were to use just a bit of that experience from Nioh for the new Ninja Gaiden, I don't see how that could go wrong.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Just generally what's being lined up for the Switch this year. I'd like to hope that we get news on Gamecube VC, a new Animal Crossing title, Smash Bros and a new Pok?mon title at a stretch. They probably have a couple of unannounced 3DS titles in the works too which should be interesting to see. As for other consoles, I'm kinda interested in seeing the PS4 line-up too, mainly for Crash footage, though.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • What do I expect?
    VR, HDR, 4K, Multiplayer BS, 0 seconds of Vita mentions, 0 Vita games

What do I want?
    Weeb games.

I wish XSEED would confirm localization for The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel III!
    I'm pretty sure you don't need to be worried on this front =D XSEED-sama is going to localize it even without announcement ;)

Plus, I'm looking forward to see more details on soccer game sim duo (FIFA 18 and PES 2018) as well.
    Football :P

Years
  • All I want are release dates for the Jak and Daxter PS2 Classics (because hey, at least Sony remembers the series exists, unlike Naughty Dog) and maybe some sort of localization announcement for Etrian Odyssey V from Atlus. Something main series Pokemon related would also be nice.

I'm expecting things that are not any of those, though.

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    games we're likely to see.

New CoD of course, god of war, days game, death stranding, forza 7, project cars 2, mario odyssey (already confirmed), splatton 2, ARMS, last of us 2, new uncharted game,ceash n'sane trilogy,The Crew 2

Games i hope we see

Gran Turismo sport, fire emblem warriors, new need for speed game, marverl vs capcom infinite, pokemon stars, Tradional mario platformer,smash bros switch port, borderlands 3, new metroid game,

i'm also expecing to see xbox scorpio since it's supposed to be out around holiday season.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Call of Duty WW2's Multiplayer Reveal. It's 2017's iteration of a mainline COD game and obviously the bulk of the whole experience lies on a multiplayer experience that people will be playing.

There's also Far Cry 5 which has been getting some level of controversy from some overreacting parties and there's also Destiny 2 which while the said PC port won't be released with the PS4 on the same day, at least I'd like to see some gameplay details as well to know what I'm expecting.

Originally i had some Borderlands 3 speculations for E3 but I'd rather hold back the hype if ever. Though really if ever there was some Borderlands 3 teases, even just a little bit, it may improve Gearbox's track record for the playerbase since Gearbox itself has a pretty piss poor track record lately on anything unrelated to their gold star in Borderlands.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • - More #BethesdaBullshit?

- Playing Far-Cry 5, Destiny 2, CODWWII, Battlefront NewTwo, and anything else of interest there

I know it will never be, but still hoping hard for Halo 3 Anni.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I wanna see what Nintendo surprises us with for the Switch. I'm hoping for a new Animal Crossing title, but Nintendo E3's usually end up being disappointing so I'm keeping my expectations low. At the very least, more VC and online information and some Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 footage/details. The Mario x Rabbids crossover will definitely be highlighting this year.

Some actual game footage of the new Shin Megami Tensei game as well as a western confirmation and release date for Dragon Quest XI would be nice too.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Some good things for the Switch. 428 trailer is my personal wish, but probably not so much of a priority for Spike Chunsoft.

Fawful_X

Monster-hunting Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2018
    All I want is confirmation that we're getting an Etrian Odyssey 5 localization.

Guess I wouldn't mind Sinnoh remakes getting announced (especially if they fix how sluggish walking through the region felt), but I don't feel like they're likely to get announced.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • All I'm hoping for is that they reveal something that will give me some reason to get the Switch outside of MK8D. Either that or some information for Mario Odyssey.

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    since we got the pokemon direct the other day, i wonder if nintendo will have anymore pokemon announcements or not at their E3 direct in a few days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back