• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Electronic Entertainment Expo 2017

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i just want a kingdom hearts 3 release date
    please, yahweh

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'll be watching xbox, playstation, nintendo, ea, and ubisoft.

I think xbox may have the best reveals this year mainly with scorpio. i'm going to PSX at the movie theater near me on monday so that'll be cool.

I've been watching E3 since 2003, so i am looking to keep my gaming tradition alive this year.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Honest question as I never played a Kingdom Hearts game before: what's the plot of the game series? And is it one continuous plot between games?

mate not even square enix truly knows what the plot is
    it's a continuous convoluted plot which boils down to you playing as various keyblade wielders, with one child/teenager (sora) as the central figure of the games, and he represents light
    he is ultimately fighting against his moral opposite, xehanort, who has the most bullshit and convoluted plan to reset the universe and remake it in darkness because he believes there isn't a balance between the dark and the light

and donald and goofy are there too for some reason and there's time travel now and i'm gonna be needing to get essay credit to properly explain

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Elder Scrolls VI

On a related note, last year Bethesda did say they have two new games cooking, so I'm curious to see if they reveal at least one of those.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Activision
    Ubisoft
    EA
    Wintendo

I doubt that bethesda has anything to showcase that would be interesting for me. Quake champions already has its closed beta run and i doubt that they would reveal their new wolfenstein game, the new colossus, which is said to be a follow up to The New Order.

Weirdly enough, bioware is also to unveil a new ip for E3 which comes as q pretty interesting surprise after their sensational hit in mass effect andromeda.

Also the new god of war game was teased last time but it would be nice to see another reveal once again.

Years
  • I'll be looking out for Bethesda, Activision, EA and Nintendo mainly, expecting to see some big games this year! Of course I'd like to see an Elder Scrolls VI reveal, but I feel like if that was going to happen, we'd only get a shot, 5 second teaser for it, seeing as Bethesda themselves admitted the game was a long way off. I would really like to visit E3 in the future, although I feel like it's unlikely to happen :/

Years
  • I'm only interested in Bethesda, Sony, and Nintendo, but I'll probably watch Microsoft for Project Scorpio. I'm also hoping to hear something Dragon Age related from EA, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Of course I'd like to see an Elder Scrolls VI reveal, but I feel like if that was going to happen, we'd only get a shot, 5 second teaser for it, seeing as Bethesda themselves admitted the game was a long way off.

They probably wont be revealing it this year, but if they did they would probably show more than that. They've said that they'll only be showing off games once they're ready for release (or, well...as close to ready as Bethesda thinks they are) from now on and seem to be sticking to that.

Speaking of Bethesda, I'm fully expecting some sort of Fallout 4 Ultimate Edition to be announced, if only because I was a fool and bought the season pass while it was recently on sale despite E3 being so close. At the very least I imagine they'll bring up Fallout 4 VR again, unless that's already happened and I never realized it because it's VR.

I'm not expecting much from Nintendo beyond stuff we already know about, but I'm hoping to hear something about a Dragon Quest XI localization and a Switch version reveal, or maybe a Dragon Quest Heroes I+II localization announcement. Seeing more Shin Megami Tensei Switch and maybe some of the recent 3DS games that Atlus just announced for localization would also be nice.

As for Sony, I expect ten minutes of ominous chanting before a new God of War trailer and probably more Days Gone and The Last of Us II. Beyond that, I don't really have any expectations. I'm hoping to finally get a release date for the Jak and Daxter PS2 Classics releases (and maybe a Jak 4 reveal? No? Okay...), and maybe a FFVII Remake trailer of some sort.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • So EA's bioware's new ip is called:

Spoiler:

Also a rather awkward moment:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I didn't know the conferences started today, i saw vinny vinesauce streaming the EA presser with his reactions over it. I'm definitely loving the new need for speed game already. everything else was meh, although A Way Out seemed pretty cool except that its always split screen and forced co-op play.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Need For Speed looks great.
    A Way Out looks great.
    Can't wait to see Anthem.

Everything else was boring. Real snoozefest way to start E3.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Watching Nintendo and maybe Sony, but I'm generally following updates on everything. Glad EA has already passed, I hope the upcoming stuff will be more exciting.

Spike Chunsoft will not have a booth but I hope to hear something about 428.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Just mainly waiting to see Nintendo and Sony. I checked out EA's conference yesterday but wasn't too interested since they didn't have anything relating to The Sims lmao.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • The good thing about EA setting the bar quite low is that it gives room for the rest of the companies to pack and stack up. Good lord that segment with Jesse wellens.. no offense to him or any fan of him but that segment was quite awkward.

Also twitch chat reactions are always gold for me:
    qsWuhgF_d.jpg

Actually i couldt get a screencap but i honestly LUL'd at the song and dance number in their program. The missed high five was a top moment for me.

EA press conference: LUL out of 10

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Original XBOX backwards compatibility is huge. These are the three games I want most:

Midtown Madness 3
    Test Drive: Eve Of Destruction
    Mercenaries: Playground Of Destruction

Not too happy about the price for the XBOX One X though.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • 3227219-bet.jpg

My kind of theme park. Also bethesda's conference is today and unsurprisngly quake chanpions and fallout vr are confirmed for showing

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Original XBOX backwards compatibility is huge. These are the three games I want most:

Midtown Madness 3
    Test Drive: Eve Of Destruction
    Mercenaries: Playground Of Destruction

Not too happy about the price for the XBOX One X though.

Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom and Jet Set Radio are what I'm pumped for. The original Xbox did not have achievements right? I'm really curious if developers will add any to them or not. Probably more likely than not of that happening, but an achievement whore can dream.

As for the pricing of the Xbox One X, it makes sense. It's a premium product that isn't supposed to be targeted towards the average gamer. However, with the power that is underneath the casing, you are getting your bang for your buck for that. I absolutely love how small it is, as it makes for easy transportation if necessary.

Personally, I'm on the fence about it mainly because I upgraded from an Xbox One to an Xbox One S so I don't personally see a need for it. We'll see once there's a price drop for it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Behtesda officially gets my 11/10 seal of approval. Also skyrim on the switch was obviously coming

But the last part:
    Spoiler:

What a time to be f"""ing alive!!! And i absolutely called it

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Wasn't expecting amiibo compatibility for Skyrim. Scanning Link gets use his Master Sword in-game which is pretty cool. I'm burnt out on Skyrim though so I won't be buying it again.

Back