• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch - Discussion Thread

Which system do you own Overwatch on?

• Total voters

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • I opened my free box and got the sombra skin.. this game hates me because its sucking my doom stick

But at least i had a bit of fun

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I opened my free box and got the sombra skin.. this game hates me because its sucking my doom stick

But at least i had a bit of fun

I'm kindove surprised how oblivious everyone was. At least you got the achievement if you hand them already gotten it.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    So far I got pharah, genji, symmetra, and hanzo. I need Mei, tracer, dva, and lucio for my life to be complete.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I got a few dances, and 500 gold. None of the skins.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Eh, dunno if I'll farm for gold much this week. One thing I do notice though is I could be playing around afternoon time, having nice games, no teabagging and whatnot. And then when evening rolls in, all the team-groups seem to start queuing and I get singled out for execution basically by 3, 4 people from the team, whilst my own team just feels like they forget how to play objectives. Ugh.

I'm gonna avoid peek hours, I guess.

Years
  • So far only got Genji's skin and nothing else I wanted. Really dislike this event tbh, feels like a cash grab rather than a thank you to fans.

Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to the Reaper change on PTR, Reaper is definitely my favorite hero in the game and my best hero.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Sofar only got Genji's skin and nothing else I wanted. Really dislike this event tbh, feels like a cash grab rather than a thank you to fans.

Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to the Reaper change on PTR, Reaper is definitely my favorite hero in the game and my best hero.

It honesty does feel like a huge cash grab. I succumbed to buying 24 boxes and I only got 2 skins - Soldier and Hanzo - whereas in other events I feel like there was a much, much higher chance to land skins. I'm really not a fan of this event.

Years
  • I feel like loot box rates have dropped tons recently. I don't buy them, but when I get them upon level-up they almost always contain one rare and three commons at the moment.

Not a big fan of any anniversary skins to be honest.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I feel like loot box rates have dropped tons recently. I don't buy them, but when I get them upon level-up they almost always contain one rare and three commons at the moment.

Not a big fan of any anniversary skins to be honest.

All the skins though are Legendary/Exotic though (I.e the golden color, forget the actual rank of them.) At least in pretty sure they are, which hasn't been the case for any other event. It just creates an overall bad feeling circulating around the event, which is also why I'm pretty sure is the reason why Blizzard made the event double XP as of late to counterbalance the poor drop rates.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Mei has the best dance 4 sure. I started playing Mei even more because of it.

Speaking of spicy overwatch ideas, considering that theres 5.. FIVE overwatch heroes in Heroes of the Storm, what are the chances that Overwatch gets some other Blizzard character as a guest hero?

Hell if idsoftware can put BJ blazkowicz in quake champions, complete with his ability to dual wield, id like Blizzard to put something like Jim Raynor in Overwatch complete with the terran marine's signatue gauss rifles and the ability to use stims to increase fire rate and movement speed, and then have jimmy's Ultimate be an orbital yamato cannon that can instantly vaporize an enemy hero in one shot even through lucio's sound barrier (dealing 99999999 damage).

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    What is Reaper's dance move? I really hope it's something flamboyant lol.

latest

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Also, to answer the comment on why Overwatch characters are in Heroes of the Storm instead of actual Blizzard IP characters? Because Blizzo gave up artistic integrity months and months ago. Its all about making that other game relevant (and also a scheme to get existing players to play on said game)
    I do agree, though, that Blizz is grasping at straws trying to widen HotS' fanbase (or, as you say, make the game relevant) by making some Overwatch heroes playable characters in HotS.
    lmfao what are y'all even talking about, I hope you're kidding

literally the entire point of HotS is to be a LoL-esque game featuring characters from all of Blizzard's IPs, including Overwatch, on top of Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft. It wouldn't make any sense for HotS to not have Overwatch characters
    Speaking of spicy overwatch ideas, considering that theres 5.. FIVE overwatch heroes in Heroes of the Storm, what are the chances that Overwatch gets some other Blizzard character as a guest hero?
    l i t e r a l l y zero. Refer to my above comment

Anyways

I ended up missing this event, for the most part, since I've been home from college, where I don't have an active internet connection to play with. Fml

but I played once, and a friend of mine has been earning my arcade boxes plus a few extra loot boxes on top of that for me.

Sadly, the only new skins I've gotten are Soldier and D. Va, the former being absolutely h o r r e n d o u s, with D. Va being a great skin simply because she says "Daddio." Legit I just wanted at least one of Mei, Sym, Hanzo or Tracer's new skins. Would have even settled for Lucio. Oh well.

Still fun that Tracer has more legendary skins than skins of any other quality

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    Roadhog's changes in the PTR make me want to puke. Just in case some people are wondering,

Scrap Gun:
    • Bullet Damage decreased by 33%
    • Fire Rate increased by 30%
    • Clip Size from 4 to 5

If this goes through on the live game, its going to suck @$$ quite hard. I mean, the Hook Combo on PTR right now is so inconsistent that it hurts.

By greatly decreasing the damage he deals with his Scrap Gun. his heavy amounts of burst which was a very big part of his character is just gone.. I mean, Roadhog was never that OP, people in Quick Play and Competitive already know that Roadhog is alright, but really people like complaining that every 8 seconds or so, Roadhogg can one shot more than 80% of the entire heroes' health pool.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • So to anyone who may be hiding under a rock, patch notes ahoy:

Ill mainly point out the hero updates/changes:

HERO UPDATES

McCree

Deadeye
    -Targets now begin locking on after 0.2 seconds, instead of 0.8 seconds
    -Damage accumulated over the first 1.0 seconds increased from 20 to 80 (damage per second after the first 1.0 seconds is unchanged)

Developer Comment: McCree's ultimate can deal a lot of damage if it has a lot of time to build up, but it was often too difficult to get even a small amount of damage out before being stopped or killed. These changes make it more flexible and powerful.

Reaper

The Reaping (Passive)
    -Removed health orbs
    -Now regains 20% of all damage done to heroes as health

Developer Comment: Reaper's old healing passive was useful if you could kill a bunch of enemies in a row. But since enemies needed to be dead for it to work, it wasn't very helpful unless the situation was already in your favor. His new passive lets him get immediate benefit from it, especially when fighting Tank heroes, which tend to be larger targets that deal lower damage.

Roadhog

Head hitbox size reduced by 20%

Scrap Gun
    -Bullet damage decreased by 33%
    -Fire rate increased by 30%
    -Clip size increased from 4 to 5

Developer Comment: Roadhog's head was abnormally large compared to similarly-sized characters, so we're reducing its size to increase his survivability. The Scrap Gun changes reduce the power of his hook combo and alternate fire burst damage potential while still keeping his DPS roughly the same.

Back