• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch - Discussion Thread

Which system do you own Overwatch on?

• Total voters

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • I guess it depends on the ult's duration, because it would have to be semi-long in order for the flying to really be utilised, otherwise you might as well just use the GA buffs.

the ult has a duration of twenty seconds, so . . . it's decent

As a player who often makes fun od D.VA as an in-game character because of her honest to goodness easy to use and low skill execution kit, im really looking forward to D.va's vhanges hopefully to make her a far more skillful character to use. Also micro missiles ftw.

eh. The new ability makes her deal more damage and now she can shoot while flying with the defense matrix out, so all it does is make her easier to use tbh

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • the ult has a duration of twenty seconds, so . . . it's decent

eh. The new ability makes her deal more damage and now she can shoot while flying with the defense matrix out, so all it does is make her easier to use tbh

Damage is fine. D.va's inability to die was the one thing i never liked about her. Like i said maokai of overwatch.

Surprisingly, maokai got a rework that made him easier to use and d.va gets a rework that makes her more enjoyable to use other than an unkillable matrix shield.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • so uh

i went away for a week and came back and now overwatch is a completely different game. downloading the ptr update right now to go test things but from what i've seen, mercy ult is broke as hayull. i think some kinda small changes would fix it though; slightly shorter duration or normal self-healing mechanics would do. but i can't talk much until i actually, you know, play it. also nanovalkyrie is hilarious.

quite excited about the d.va missiles too and although i think the 50% reduction in DM time is a little harsh, i'm glad that you can't just get people standing there spamming it for ages any more. i think she's gonna feel a bit more versatile now in terms of offence although maybe slightly less tanky.

Mister Torgue

Banned
    Years
  • the ult has a duration of twenty seconds, so . . . it's decent

WE GOT OURSELVES AN OVERWATCH CYBERATHLETE YA BIUTIFUL BASTRDS. SO maybe your opinion matters more than anuone elsewhere m8? Challenger????? HahAA

Joking aside, dva with missiles.

TORGUE APPROVED. MORE EXPLOSIONS!!

Playing dva should feel like a michael bay movie directed by Koreans.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Reduction of DM time is fine since it means that anyone playing Dva has to be more thoughtful of using it thus separating the bad ones from the not bad ones.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Look forward to trying this out :c these are the two characters I'd first got in on. The new ult doesn't sound too OP? I saw a custom game clip which showed it like that, but haven't seen any normal game footage tbh.

Nihilego

Years
  • Update: SHE BROKE AS HELL. but mostly because her crazy mobility and auto-heal make her near impossible to kill during her ult by anyone who isn't named Widowmaker or someone else who can one-shot her (who, incidentally, I'm having a great time playing as following her buffs). i'm not too scared of her damage during her ult which is still only mediocre unless she's nanoboosted, but the fact that she simply won't die while she resurrects and boosts her entire team is ridiculous. i definitely think that the regeneration needs a nerf, but otherwise she's not too bad.

Xin said:
    Reduction of DM time is fine since it means that anyone playing Dva has to be more thoughtful of using it thus separating the bad ones from the not bad ones.

oh for sure. i just think maybe they went a wee bit too far with it. it was way too easy before for bad d.vas to abuse it before for sure but now i think it's maybe a bit too short even for good d.vas - just give back maybe 10-15% of the time taken away and we're grand. the ability was definitely bs before but now it seems almost too hard to use properly. might just take some more getting used to though

btw, has anyone noticed some of the more irritating PTR glitches right now? namely that mercy can multi-res people during her ult if they're close together, and that genji's deflect animation is missing, and probably others in there too. also for some reason i don't hear the "play of the game" voiceover any more which is Disappointing if deliberate

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    https://twitter.com/9ambler/status/900971593978961920
    Yikes.

Winston and Mercy seem like they'll be an effective combo. Winston can play aggressively, eliminate supports, then Mercy can come in, res, and escape.

It'll be interesting to see how the D.Va changes will affect dive. I'm not a fan of how common and dominant dive compositions have been. This will be great for Reaper too.

And apparently the hitbox on Doomfist's punch is accurate now and doesn't do this anymore. Thank goodness.

Nihilego

Years
  • Finally got my third star, keeping up with my trend of one star per event.

gratz. i wish there was some sort of incentive to getting stars beyond cosmetic stuff, though. then again i guess you could say the same about skins, sprays, etc. overwatch has an extraordinary way of keeping people playing for cosmetic rewards, doesn't it?

on the topic of stars, i've started running into some seriously high-level players in my games. i believe there was a 1300-ish the other day. i know level means nothing really but Damn that's a lot of hours invested

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    dva is trash tier now

thats two out of six tanks now that suck, which is really hurting flexibility in compositions across the board, in all skill levels

I love blizz's dedication to listening to the community, but I think they let the Roadhog complaints overwhelm them. I had no issue with Hook 2.0. I respected and appreciated hog's role in the game. His nerfs are largely what enabled Dive composition to be so dominant.

plus, they released Doomfist, another one-shot hero (and another dps, to boot). make up ur mind blizz.

not sure i like the direction in which Overwatch is going. I'd really love more tanks and support heroes. D.va is far from perfect following these new changes. Bring Hook 2.0 back.

all that said, the new Mercy ult is amazing. and her rez on cooldown is much better. 5-man rezzes were so exhausting to play against. especially in the "stall" stage of 2cp. rez on cooldown, with much smaller range, where cooldowns are reset/shortened with ult usage, makes more a much more skill-based decision making. big fan.

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i like playing as junkrat, but now i feel like he is annoying to me now. everyone usually does play as dva, but i haven't seen her being played since i've been playing last night.

i didnt see the new mercy ult yet. i played as mercy last night.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • Just had a go at her on the PTR. Didn't get to play a real match with her, but I did have a go at an all-Moira FFA Deathmatch custom game. And I sucked pretty bad. But I really want to main her now. Bye bye Zen, Moira is my new favourite xD

Back