• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] SNES Classic Announced

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Games:
    Contra III: The Alien Wars™
    Donkey Kong Country™
    EarthBound™
    Final Fantasy III
    F-ZERO™
    Kirby™ Super Star
    Kirby's Dream Course™
    The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
    Mega Man® X
    Secret of Mana
    Star Fox™
    Star Fox™ 2
    Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
    Super Castlevania IV™
    Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts®
    Super Mario Kart™
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
    Super Mario World™
    Super Metroid™
    Super Punch-Out!! ™
    Yoshi's Island™

Price: $80
    Date: September 29th.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • The big news is that Star Fox 2 is officially being released some 20 years later after it's intended date!

The list is pretty solid. Chrono Trigger seems like a glaring omission given that it's widely regarded as one of the greatest games of all time, No DKC2 makes me pretty sad as well. But it's does have Earthbound, Kirby Superstar, Legend of Zelda: ALttP, and Super Mario RPG so it's not all bad.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • No Chrono Trigger? No Donkey Kong Country 2 or 3? No Illusion of Gaia, Final Fantasy IV, Terranigma, any of the Mega Man games minus X, or Super Mario All-Stars, or even Super Mario All-Stars + World which included Super Mario World from the start? Heck not even Gradius is on there, or Final Fantasy V. Considering it's $80 for a smaller amount of games as well as the fact it's probably going to be just as scarce as the NES Classic was, I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Star Fox 2 is nice to have finally released officially, but it's not really enough to justify the omission of any of the games I already mentioned, at least for me.

Plus I still have my Super Nintendo, so... eh.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    The box shows 2 controllers instead of 1 like the NES Classic. Extra controllers is always a plus.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • Star Fox 2 is exciting, but paying $80 for an emulator when you can do it at home for cheaper if you wanted, is not really worth it.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I've been checking the stocks every day hoping to get a pre-order in for myself. I'd loooove to get one.

Years
  • It releases the day before my birthday.... :D
    Growing up with the Genesis, this is a REAL treat!
    Do you know if they'll sell it at Gamestop, cause I have 98 dollars credit for that store. ;)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I've been checking the stocks every day hoping to get a pre-order in for myself. I'd loooove to get one.

> Alex checking online stocks of the SNES Classic

6-7-erreurs-d%E2%80%99AB-testing-Aaaand-its-gone.gif

Back