• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moments in games that really messed you up

Years
  • Same as title. The Batman Arkham Games definitely have their moments but none as notorious or as mind screwy as the Scarecrow nightmare segments. Seriously, just look at them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVpe04Xn3mw

Aside from that, I think the Arsenal Gear sequence in MGS2 is also noteworthy. Raiden is naked, you're questioning what's real and what is not and you're constantly bombarded with these weird codec calls from colonel. Kojima, you sure you are NOT aiming to traumatise a generation of gamers?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I remember for about a week after I beat Halo 4, I had a minor depression and didn't want to pick up a controller again because of Cortana dying.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Spec Ops: The Line's story messed me up quite a lot. I never touched that game again.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon EOS ending... seriously. The end was heart-crushing, I literally cried like a little baby and thinking about or hearing the music still makes my cry a bit. I've never felt this way just because of a video-game.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I can't really detail anything without spoiling it, but Silent Hill 2's story is one big mind****.

lol, when the Colonel goes nuts in MGS2 was honestly pretty hilarious!

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • The secret room in Mila's Dance Party (Level) from the Fun Plat former Psychonauts.

Holy F*** that gave me freaking nightmares for weeks T_T

Years
  • The ending to FFXV, after realising what actually happened, I genuinely went to bed that night thinking about how sad I was over it.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    999's Axe Ending fucked me up big time; it's basically my one nightmare come true. It was the first ending I reached in the game and I didn't touch it for like 6 months after this.

Years
  • Same as Raffy, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky first ending scene, couldn't collect myself for days. As for current year - NieR: Automata and all of the most important endings.
    Spoiler:
    Man I really cared for main characters. I didn't touch this game for weeks before replaying it. At second playthrough, I broke down as well lol.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Drakengard 1's Ending D route. - it was too much even for me to handle especially after accepting the fact that Drakengard 1 was basically a literal hell on earth of a setting and story. Ending D really deserves a real WTF is this rating for how horrifying everything went to all of the involved characters and the imagery behind it still kinda sends chills. This route really made me felt angry that earning the E route was a satisfactory treat, and even then that ending also was a WTF (and as of this day, declared Canon too)

Also, i wanted to mention Spec Ops: the line but someone already did. Id make a bad sarcastic joke on how that game may had one hating on military themed or shooters in general but that be reserved ;)

Yukari

Azure Striker Gunvolt's ending. Jesus fucking Christ I was not expecting the game to get that dark.

Back