• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch - Discussion Thread

Which system do you own Overwatch on?

• Total voters

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • eh, i quite like the new roadhog. it's probably fair that his insta-kill (for most characters) has been removed and maybe i'm just a bad roadhog, but previously i would have a hard time dealing with almost anything as him due to his terrible fire rate and tiny mag size unless i had the hook advantage. his hook combo got nerfed hard but i think he's an all-round better hero who isn't entirely hook-dependent now.

not gonna lie, didn't notice that his head hitbox was any smaller since it's still huge. i can think of a few other characters who could use head hitbox adjustments, though... hanzo

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • As a big reaper player, im still not convinced at this one reaper buff that suddenly more people might think he's suddenly zomgpubstimp time but at least i like that bit of lifesteal which from my first few games was quite handy in helping me survive some spicy encounters.

Oh and vamping/life leeching a flock of victims with ulti reminds me of Katarina from lesgue of legends who stacked a massive amount of spellvamp... its fine. Reaper's change doesnt make him super op right now since he still has his numerous weaknesses but i guess its a nice step in the right direction.

But hey at least i have mariachi reaper now. It was about dang time that i changed skins. Pumpkin reaper was getting me killed way too often with that visually attractive head

As for my nnnng Roadhog, the change really is a big big letdown for me. The satisfying things about playing the hog, like his huge as butts burst damage and his big and meaty scrap gun was what made playing him so satisying. The slow but hard hitting scrap gun was part of the whole big man with a boomstick fantasy thst roadie was designed for and his ability to execute people with that well landed hook combo was again that fantasy element of the big man that made playing the big man fun. Sucks that its gone now. The one big thing about roadie is gone.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I've found reaper to be a lot harder to deal with. I haven't actually seen any roadhogs so idk how much they changed xD

Years
  • The reason Reaper has become popular again is because Roadhog has been nerfed hard. There was no reason to pick Reaper over Roadhog when Roadhog has more health, a half health heal, more effective range and has a gun that deals the same DPS just in 1 shot instead of 2.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I've found reaper to be a lot harder to deal with. I haven't actually seen any roadhogs so idk how much they changed xD

Roadhog change is quite massive. Greatly reducing his Scrap Gun's damage totally screwed with how things worked with him. The one thing that made Roadhog useful as a "tank" compared to say Rein Barrier, Zarya Shields, D.Va's harass and mobility and her own barrier, or Orisa's everything was Road's ability to instagib squishies. Now that's gone, Roadie isn't in a good spot.

Basically you won't be seeing Roadie's pretty much.

Also Doomfist confirmed.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Maybe our lord and savior jeff kaplan has kept his archives of Terry's voiceovers in preparation of the future.

Also lorenerd related, Doomfist's inclusion and his said connections to Talon (Reaper's group) has some pretty intriguing lore implications.

also source:
    https://dotesports.com/overwatch/overwatch-doomfist-15641

Given that Doomfist's name is Akande Ogundimu, he may be of African decent so highly likely those terry crews voiceovers are still there.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Overwatch related s*** post of the day:
    19875372_1520290264658929_4476136263632263835_n.jpg

And back to your usual broadcasting:

As cliche as this sounds, Im looking forward to using Fist as a chanpion that ill spam all day and considering that i have team/voice chat muted when i play solo, i wont have some people yelling at me to switch as i practice Fist. His kit really looks so engaging and manly, and its something that i thought the game needed more of.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Moar overwatch s**tposting before in fined.
    19894646_762143637305947_8153282672015844122_n.png.jpg

Back to your usual broadcasting:
    Oh boi Roadhogg meganerfs are starting to really boil me a new one

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Been hearing Zarya's Gravitron Surge is getting a buff in this next PTR patch. Good or bad?

Also, how is everyone feeling about competitive these days? Got placed in Silver rank only because I keep getting crappy teammates who don't even know what they're doing.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Roadhogg in competitive... well i feel that people should be more mindful with teamwork when playing around the hog so basically have somone near roadie to finish off the guy he hooked but then again at the cost of one teammate at a key objective or any other point of interest. In short, not in a pretty good spot but im not really one to judge.

Also doomfist has a ptr nerf on his rocket punch distance so that didnt take long. On the other hand he feels fun with all of those combos.

SH**post of the day because that's the outside factor that makes this game a bit more fun
    tQyVYxi.jpg

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    There are some GREAT skins for this Summer Games 2017 event.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • After some through research, i just leaked what Pool Party Soldier 76 is. And yes im calling it that

Back