• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Z: A Kalos Journey [M] [IC]

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years

• All Scars Heal

A pleasant breeze graced the Parfum Palace, carrying upon it the scent of flowers uncountable. The main source of the intoxicating aroma was of course the palace's expansive and beautiful garden. A young man with hair that couldn't seem to decide whether it was gold or silver - a color pattern he liked to call bullion - was visiting this garden, apparently wishing for a closer taste of the Parfum offered by the denizens of the Palace garden. Laurent Hessel gently lifted one of the loose flowers from the spot just above where its stem had broken from who-knows-what and sniffed it with an expression of sublime contentment upon his face. "Ah, what a perfect venue for a contest." He said to no one in particular. "It may be too much to ask for to think that I might win my first two contests back to back, but the incomparable ambience of this new setting makes it impossible not to get my hopes up for victory, especially with Lady Platina herself present."

Dylan fumbled with his holocaster aimlessly, trying to remember how he managed to call Sebastian. The whole process was needlessly complex, in his opinion, and he wasn't the best with technology to begin with. "Why. Won't. You. Work?!" he jabbed the device with each word, finally resulting in him thrusting the thing back into his bag and stormed off into the garden, as he was beginning to draw attention to himself. Or, perhaps, it was the fact he was wearing a mask which obscured the burned half of his face that was attracting attention. Either way, he needed some space from the stares of strangers, and decided the garden would provide the sanctuary he desired.

Laurent stiffened at the sound of oncoming footsteps, footsteps much too aggravated for such a tranquil place, though perhaps tranquility was being sought out? He turned his head and his eyes widened at the sight of the very first fellow trainer he'd met after starting his journey. "Dylan!" He exclaimed, approaching the boy with a whimsical bounce in his step. "It's so wonderful to see you again! How have you been?"

Lost in thought, Dylan was startled by the sudden noise that wasn't caused by his furious stomping and looked around momentarily, during which moment his foot caught on a rock and he stumbled. He wobbled around, almost catching his balance, but ended up falling backwards.

Before he could meet with the ground an arm slipped itself under Dylan's back, pulling him upright enough for him to regain his footing. Laurent chuckled lightly and didn't bother removing his arm from its position while he smiled at Dylan's face. "My my, do I really have such a strong effect on you that my mere presence steals your ability to stand? I must say I hardly expected such swooning from someone usually so composed."

"H-hi," he stammered, "I was just, distracted." His hand went reflexively to his mask, to make sure it hadn't slipped off in the fall, running his fingers along the seam to make sure it stuck in place. "Things have been a bit frustrating lately and I just got lost in thought." he said, clenching one of his hands tightly in a fist without realizing.

Moment over, Laurent took a step back to give Dylan some space. "I'm sorry to hear that, would it have anything to do with that mask? My apologies if you'd rather not speak of it."

"Uhh" He stalled. He wasn't exactly sure if he wanted to talk about it, but Laurent was a friend. Or at least, he was the closest thing to a friend Dylan had, besides Seb. "Y-yeah. It didn't really bother me at first. But, now... " he tried to steel himself before his eyes could tear up too much, trying to continue without getting emotional. "It's just, the way people look at me, the way kids react. I guess it's finally hitting me that this is forever. It's not going away." At this, tears began to stream down his face, and had to remove his mask to wipe the ones that had gotten underneath.

Unbidden, Laurent's hand reached out and softly nudged Dylan's hand away from his face. At the sight of the burns marring an entire side of the boy's face, a rare moment of solemn concern wiped the smile off of Laurent's own face and he began to wipe the tears from Dylan's cheek himself. "You poor dear, what happened? This wasn't Team Cinder's doing, was it?"

"During the forest fire they caused. I tripped over a rock, and…" he trailed off, breath quickening. He grew lightheaded, thinking about the moment he woke up in the blazing inferno, trapped under a tree trunk. "T-there was fire, and… and" His face went pale.

Laurent brought Dylan back to reality by tracing the edges of his burns with the soft caress of deep concern and almost motherly gentleness before slowly sliding his hand down his friend's check to cup his chin and force him to make eye contact. "Say no more and worry not about the stares and mutterings of onlookers. They only gawk out of ignorance, unable or unwilling to understand the pain of others, should anything they think or say matter? I for one think you're just as beautiful now as you were in that dress on the Santalune Contest's stage, dazzling the audience so thoroughly that not one person could take their eyes off of you."

Dylan gazed into Laurent's eyes, distracted from his nightmarish thoughts. "I…" he started, but couldn't find the words. He just pulled Laurent into a hug and cried.

Dylan's friend matched the embrace, alternatively patting and rubbing his back, not at all minding the tears dripping onto his shirt. "That's right, just let those feelings flow, they're nothing to be afraid of. You're not alone now, I'm here."

Dylan wasn't sure how long he held in his feelings for, but they all came flooding out in a fit of sobbing and tears, gripping tightly to his friend as if he would disappear if Dylan let go. After a long few minutes he straightened up slowly and wiped his nose on his sleeve.

"Feeling a tad better?" Laurent asked, though his smile said he already knew the answer. "Good, then I have a present for you." Without waiting for a proper response, Laurent reached past Dylan's shoulder to pluck a flower very close to where he'd fallen and presented it to him. Its five vibrant orange petals spread out in a star shape from its center, which was a deep purple. "Completely different, and yet another lily..." He muttered incomprehensibly to himself then took a step closer to Dylan and weaved the stem of the flower into a thicker bit of his hair near the ear on his burned side. "There we are, from now on let's make sure everyone remembers that all of you is beautiful. This is a Pimpernel, a type of lily. All lilies - as you surely know - symbolize beauty, the pimpernel in particular symbolizes major change. I rather think it suits you."

"You- uh, It's beautiful." Dylan said, smiling. "I think I'll wear it for the contest. It matches the natural theme I've been going for." He ran his hand up to swipe a few strands of hair which had fallen over the right side of his face, tucking them behind the flower.

Laurent's eyes closed and his smile grew wider. "Good! I won't be handing out flowers to the audience this time, don't want to tire them of my antics, hopefully that will help your new accessory shine all the more~"

"Speaking of flowers, my egg hatched! Although I'd hate to ruin the surprise if your egg holds the twin to my little Rose. Give me a call when yours hatches and we can meet up again!" Dylan smiled brightly, happier than he had been in days.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 14, 2017

poliwhirl.gif
    wooper.gif
    azurill.gif

-----------------------------------------
    Mission 3: King of the Rock!

"Ronin. We need to talk." Sam said, speaking with his pokemon outside the town on the route which seemed quiet enough for a private chat.

"Azuuuu?" It asked, rolling its eyes as it bounced to its own beat.

"This is what I'm talking about. You're not ready to cooperate with Rainer, River, or even me! Look it's not like you're unwelcome. But the way you're behaving isn't right for the team." Sam tried to stand in its field of vision but the little blue pokemon pivoted its bouncing in a circle to prevent them from making eye contact.

"Ronin! Independance... is a trait that I can work with. But you're too wild." Sam said.

The little blue pokemon stopped. It didn't really care about this team. It just wanted to battle and this trainer wasn't its choice berry.

"You've got an amazing power inside of you. I want to help you grow that power because you're worth the effort. Please." Sam said, getting onto his knees to be on the pokemon's level.

"Herraaaaacrosss!" A pokemon said in the distance, its call followed by a burst of air and the crackling of rocks. Sam and Ronin looked over to see what was happening. Before they could react however, a spray of bullet seeds rained down on them. Sam felt his body getting bruises and each little pelt was seemingly more painful than the last.

"Ronin! Let's get out of here!" Sam said, trying to scoop up the pokemon who was also getting hit by the same bullet storm as well. Instead of hoisting him above head, Sam took him under his arm as he tried for the cover of a tree. At the last second, next to the trunk, Sam's leg was hit just at the ankle. He stumbled and then tumbled over.

"Azu!" Ronin said, getting rolled up with its trainer.

"I'm fine. Just uh." The trainer was close to fainting.

"Rill!" It hoped out of the trainer's arms and then bounced around the tree to see what was happening.

A stand off between two equally but immensely strong pokemon was happening on the route. They went at each other with the same moves. Instead of absorbing the damage, their counter attacks were reflecting and deflecting it around them.

"We need to stay hidden.." Sam said just before the tree they were hiding behind was hit by one of the large pokemon. It shook with its trunk cracked in and its roots failing to hold it sturdy. It leaned a bit, but not enough to fall over on the trainer.

The small Azurill wanted to join the fight with the Heracorss. By using bubble beam, it got their attention for a second but it wasn't long until they were at each other again.

"They're really strong, there's just no way you could compete with that." The blond trainer crawled around the tilted tree to aim at the small blue pokemon with his pokeball. He would return it to the safty of the red and white orb but it seemed Ronin was going to involve itself in the dangerous battle.

"Heraaaaa!"

"Croooooos!"

The two of them went at each other with arm thrusts but then were pelted by Ronin's bubble beam again. When they looked at it, the two were hit by charm. It seemed to do something as the two heracross didn't make a move for a second.

Sam maned to stand up on his hurting ankle and see Ronin release another wave of charm.

"Hera..."

"Cross..."

They appeared to be weakened and a little tired.

"Azurill!" It barked at them.

"Ronin what's going on? Did you get them to stop?"

The little pokemon seemed to be chatting quickly to the two Heracross that seemed entranced by its words. As they looked around themselves and at each other they realized the devastation that they'd caused to the area. This part of the route no longer looked as beautiful or pristine as it did they day before when their conflict began over this Territory. It was no longer worth fighting over.

"Hera."

"Cross."

The two of them glared into each others eyes. This battle hadn't been won. Instead the two of them had lost to each other without any winners.

"Azu. Azuril!" Ronin said, releasing another charm at then to fully lower their strength.

Sam wasn't sure what was happening but then the two Heracross spaced themselves apart before getting into a battle stance.

"Ronin!" Sam hobbled to his pokemon as quickly as he could but it wasn't in time to avoid the clash between the strong pokemon.

They met each other with attacks that should have devastated the area around them. Instead they had just harmed each other.

Ronin seemed happy enough and bounced to its trainer. It barked at him, seeing him hobbling around.

"How did you get them to stop fighting?" Sam asked. He knew Ronin wasn't the type to explain its behavior but it seemed that he was good at being a mediator. So what was with his own mean streak then?

The sounds of the two Heracross combating each other was far less noisy. After a few minutes the two of them seemed worn out instead of out right fainted. One of them collapsed after a few seconds and the other stood triumphant. Waddling to the small blue pokemon, the winning Heracross offered a small token.

"Heracross." It said, giving the small pokemon its token of victory. Since neither of the bugs won, the prize wasn't theirs to claim anymore.

Ronin took the king's rock. Then bounced to Sam. This was a token of its small victory. It wanted his trainer to hold it.

"Azurill." It said grinning. Sam could tell it was proud of something... did it want to... whip that smug look off Rainer's face?

"Well... you're a surprising little guy. You looked ready to fight them all by yourself. But I didn't think you'd get them to calm down at all." Sam said, sitting on the ground and holding his bruised ankle above him.

"I guess swimming isn't gunna happen today."
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years

• latest

Coul Remson​

sandile.gif
    persian.gif
    houndour.gif
    lombre.gif
    Coul rode his Mach Bike into Camphrier Town, grateful for the wind on his face. While he is not the biggest fan of flying, he likes the feeling of the wind and the breezy coolness it gives him. While the ride to the Pokemon Center of the town was short, Coul reveled in the comfort the ride brought to him. He entered the Pokemon Center and handed his Pokemon to the nurse on duty. He then inquired for a room and proceeded to the assigned one. He passed by a flyer about a contest in the nearby Parfum Palace. Coul was mildly interested; he missed the one in Santalune. He juggled between watching and competing and thought that he will have more time after his rest.

He opened the door to his room and lied down on the bed again. He?s been spending more time in beds than on the road this past few days and he vowed to hasten his travel. Nothing interesting has happened to him so far, except for winning a gym badge. ?That?s it. I?m entering that contest.? He reached for his Pokedex and started researching for ways to win a contest.

He came down an hour later and retrieved his Pokemon. Since the contest isn?t due for quite some time yet, Coul opt to visit the sights offered by the town first. He overheard some people talking about a group of retired trainers giving out free Pokemon in the Camphrier Hotel. While Coul was still salty about not catching that Snorunt, he thought that he can check whether there are Pokemon that he could study being given out.

The weather was fairly nice as Coul stepped out. Checking out the map that the Pokedex comes in with, he saw that the Camphrier Hotel was in the northern part of town. Thankful that he left the majority of his inventory back in the Pokemon Center, Coul jogged the short distance to the hotel. There were a bunch of trainers huddled up at the entrance but not too many to crowd the area.

Coul pulled himself inside the hotel. From the whispers of the other trainers, he discovered that the trainers were retired ones from different regions and, apparently, Camphrier Hotel attracts a lot of those. ?Maybe, it?s the aura of the area,? Coul said out loud to himself. There were a bunch of trainers crowding another trainer.

As Coul inspected, he saw that the trainer was far from what he thought. Hearing retired trainers, Coul thought of silver-haired trainers who walks with a cane. However, this one was not that at all. If Coul could guess his age, the man was only around late-thirty to early forties. He was clean-cut without any hint of facial hair. He was in long sleeves and slacks and was laughing along with the other young trainers.

?Hardest gym leader I battled: Well, I think it would be Giovanni. Well, before, that man outed as the Team Rocket leader. Who knew?? Coul raised his hand for a question.

?Most difficult Pokemon to raise?? Coul asked. He was expecting something awesome. A Garchomp maybe? Or a Tyranitar. Coul knew that those could be very difficult to train.

?Nice question! It?s the baby Pokemon that I had the most issues in training. They don?t have a lot of firepower, they needed a lot of attention, and the upkeep is high. You know what makes a good trainer? If they manage to train a baby Pokemon, that?s it,? the man said. He got a Pokeball from his bag and handed it to the trainer next to him. ?Good thing you asked that question. It?s a good segue as I will be giving out this Pokemon to you guys,? the man passed on a few Pokeballs. Coul got one and inspected it. There was a sticker of a small lightning bolt pasted above the button. One of the trainers called out the Pokemon.

In a flash of light, a small yellow-colored rodent appeared. The little Pokemon looked around the trainers staring at it. In panic, a small electric spark emitted from its cheek. The new owner of the Pokemon had the foresight to call it back. ?That?s Pichu. I started breeding the species a few years back. It?s something special. Give it some love and I?m sure it?ll have a spot on your team.? The trainers thanked the man and slowly trickled away. Coul chose to stay behind.

?Something on your mind, kid?? The man asked Coul.

?What?s special with the Pichu?? Coul asked and the man just smiled mysteriously. ?Give it some love, and you will see.? Coul cocked his head and the man just continued smiling. ?You know, let it watch the upcoming Contest in Parfum Palace. Maybe it?ll help. See you around kid.?

New Pokemon
    pichu.gif

Peach the Pichu
    Thundershock | Volt Tackle | Charm | Sweet Kiss

Inventory
    Spoiler:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • A bright and fresh day came to the town of Camphrier. Everyone was either preparing for the next contest, or doing whatever suits them. Emma meanwhile, was training with her Eevee and Riolu. She made commands such as 'run in place', 'control attacks', and 'watch breathing'. Indeed, getting stronger for Emma was the first step upon doing what she wants - needs to do.

"Linde! Use your Swift attack!" Emma commanded her Eevee. She hadn't really practiced with her Eevee ever since receiving it, so she figured now it would be a good time for some bonding with it. Eevee was sassy, and remained cautious of Emma, until she realized how Emma encouraged her to constantly keep her power strong, and how she got awarded by doing it. Love and compassion were... foreign for Emma's Eevee, but it was a feeling she could admire. Linde the Eevee did as instructed, and released her Swift attack in the air, controlling it by making the stars circulate the air.

"Now, Kagura! Use your Copycat!" Emma then commanded her Riolu. Copycat was a recent move her Riolu had learned prior to the battle of Lumiose. Kagura focused her senses, remembering every action, movement, and ability Linde the Eevee made prior to her swift attack. Once her senses were sharpened, Kagura made the exact same movement as Linde, thus performed her own Swift attack to the air. The stars collided with each other, creating a big flash and starry explosion that illuminated the air.

"Good!" Emma complimented her pokemon. "If we keep up graceful and skillful movements like those, it will create strength and power! Soon we won't be left behind anymore, right?" her pokemon cried in agreement. Her Riolu then approached Emma, seemingly holding something behind her back. She got it out, revealing a flower it seemingly picked up while the two attacks collided. Emma keeled down, picking it up.

"This is lovely! Kagura, thank you... I needed something to cheer me up..." Emma thanked, followed up with a quiet sigh. She then looked up towards the sky. Grandpapa... you said that I need to follow what I want to do. Now I finally decided: as a detective, and as a trainer, I have to get stronger. Stronger to protect everyone. I don't want to see that again... I don't want to see my companions suffer again.

"T-there she is!" then called a voice from a little afar. Emma and her pokemon turned towards where the commotion was coming from. There seemed to be a crowd forming in front of what it seemed like a rustic church. Emma and her two pokemon went up to the crowd, hearing a lot of cheers and admiration along the way. Soon, she saw her. A woman was facing the crowd. She has light skin and brown hair that is braided into two hoops at the sides of her face and down into a long ponytail that reaches the ground and is fastened with a jeweled orb. Her long white dress was her most striking feature, as it also had black and gold patterns. Emma could feel it to her very marrow: she seemed like a woman of an elegant, graceful demeanor.

"Madame Elraine!!" the crowd cheered for her. Apparently, the woman was named Elraine, and she was adored and loved by the crowd. Emma could almost recognize her... as if she was someone she saw on the news from T.V once upon a time. Elraine calmly raised her hand, waving a greeting to the crowd, wearing a gentle smile.

"May your happiness be ever eternal," Elraine greeted. "No matter how far apart we are, no matter who you are... I'll always be watching over you, looking after you. Thank you, all." The crowd cheered louder for her, as Elraine responded with a bow.

That's right... Emma thought to herself, upon remembrance. I remember seeing her on many news segments; Madame Elraine is a priestess of the Holy Order. She takes joy in granting happiness to people, and wishes to create a world where everyone is happy. She took part in many events around the world for charity, and donated her wealth towards the needy. Thus, everyone loves and admires her... but who would of thought that she would visit here of all places?

"She brings luck to everyone!" One of the people in the crowd admired, who Emma had overheard. "Maybe her arrival is why the Relicanth has shown up?"

Relicanth...? Emma questioned.

"That's right!" another continued. "I heard the Relicanth all shown up towards the Perfum Palace nearby for us to see, can you believe it?!"

But Relicanth aren't native to this part of the world... Emma then thought. Why would Relicanth pop up around here? Hmm, curious. Maybe I should pay a visit to this Parfum Palace...

Detective Kuzunoha in:
    **The Relicanth Caper**

The Parfum Palace. The Parfum Palace was once the home of the king of Kalos, and has the fitting style for a regal man. Many statues honoring the knights and Pok?mon who fought in the 300-year-old war are on display inside, including those of a Bisharp general, which once lead a legion of Pawniard into battle. The entrance hall also contains a statue of Milotic, said to be the most beautiful Pok?mon in the world.

Emma arrived past its front gates, right in front of the large mansion. There, she was greeted by a male, who took a bow to greet her. "Good day, miss!" he said in a refined tone. "Welcome, to Parfum Palace. I am Siegfried, humble servant of this estate. Do you have business?"

"I heard that you are housing some Relicanth here," Emma replied. "Is it possible to see them?"

"Of course. Step this way," he answered, opening the front mansion door, allowing Emma to walk him with him escorting her. The mansion was as large inside as it was from the outside. The palace is filled with numerous rooms, paintings, and antique artifacts. On the second floor, there is a hallway decorated with wall-sized mirrors. The hallway leads to the balcony, which offers an overview of the palace's gardens.

Emma was led to the garden itself, preceded by a bridge which also contained statues of Reshiram and Zekrom, two Legendary Pok?mon from the Unova region. Soon Emma came across a large pond which was almost as big as a lawn. There, she saw it: Relicanth was splashing in and about the water.

"These are Relicanth indeed..." Emma pondered. She then turned to Siegfried the butler. "But Relicanth are not native to this part of the region, are they not? How did they come here?"

"Yes, it's quite tale to be sure," Siegfried began. "You see, nearby is another castle, Shabboneau castle which is surrounded by a moat. One day, the young lady and I suddenly saw all those Relicanth, swimming in the castle waters - it was the most surreal event! So much so, that the young lady has claimed them as their own. So, we brought them here."

Then... was there an access point from Shabboneau Castle? Emma thought to herself. She then turned back to Siegfried and slowly shook her head. "...But, surely they don't belong here. They must be returned at once!"

"Absolutely not!" replied a sudden shout. Emma turned to meet a young girl, seemingly a pre-teen, who dressed in all pink. She also had red hair, and a purple fan she used to elegantly covered her face. She then closed up her fan, revealing her face in full.

"Princess Allie...!" Seigfried greeted, taking a bow. "This guest has been wondering about the Relicanth, you see, and..."

"Silence!" the princess sharply commanded. She then turned to Emma."What's this rubbish I hear about 'returning the Relicanth'? I have already claimed them for my own, thus they will remain here!"

"But, they won't be able to survive here!" Emma pleaded. "Relicanth survive on ocean's salt water, and the pH of the waters around here aren't optimal enough for them!If you leave them here... they could all die..."

"Then I will simply bring the ocean they like to us!" Princess Allie responded cockily. "I'll... I'll pay someone to do it! My wealth should be enough for that!"

Emma shook her head, kneeling down to face the young, spoiled princess. "Princess, listen..." she addressed in a calm manner. "I don't know why and how the Relicanth decided to come here, but this isn't their home! All the wealth in the world won't change that. Wouldn't you prefer if Pokemon became happy where they belong?"

Princess Allie turned away and pouted. "They'll be happier with me!" she insisted. "Hmph! You seem quite confident being the only one who has that opinion, where others have enjoyed coming here to see them!"

"...Dear child, I'm afraid I must agree with the young lady here," then responded another voice. This time, it seemed much more... gentle. The company looked to see it was none other than Elraine, the famous priestess. She apparently had the same idea to visit the palace to see the Relicanth as well. She had a gentle, sweet smile as she approached and greeted the company.

"M-Madame Elraine!" Siegfried greeted, taking another bow. "To what honor do we have for having you visit us?"

"I too have known of the Relicanth that has ventured upon these waters," Elraine explained as she glanced to Emma. "And as the young woman here explained, they simply do not belong here. I am also curious to how they ventured here in the first place. Might we have a look at this... Shabboneau Castle? Perhaps we can find some clues around there."

She then fully turned to Emma. "Isn't that right, Detective Emma Kuzunoha?"

"You... know my name?" Emma asked with shock. Elraine responded with a gentle nod.

"I've seen your prowess upon the news. I must say, I'm quite impressed of your work, and with someone so young as well..."

"Er, thank you," Emma thanked shyly, giving a small blush. But... I can't exactly call them accomplishments.

Elraine turned to the young princess and her butler. "Now, what say you? Care to accompany us?"

The princess stood in thought. Finally, she opened up her fan once more. "...Very well," she eventually agreed. "Siegfried! You are you to accompany us. Understood?"

"Yes, Princess Allie." he agreed gracefully.

Shabboneau Castle. It became quite a tourist spot ever since the basement opened up, and how the Relicanth came upon the moat's waters. Emma and company arrived at the Castle entrance, and ventured on inside. At the princess's request, the tours were to be put on hold for a while, until the Relicanth mystery became figured out. The princess probably wanted to prove that there was nothing really wrong with the environment around here for the Relicanth, but Emma for now, wanted to know where they had come from.

Emma noticed something strange; the water seemed to suddenly stream from one peculiar direction, quite different from where the waters normally streamed from the nearby lake. Is that... a tunnel? Emma thought to herself, seeing this phenomenon. she went around the land, watching the moat's waters, until she saw the tunnel in question. The others went after her, as soon another Relicanth popped up from the tunnel.

"So, this is where they've been coming from..." Emma said, observing. "Where does that tunnel lead to?"

"That leads to the basement of the castle," Siegfried explained. "The basement had been recently opened to the public, you see. After quite a number of years, the basement walls had been opened, and has been quite a popular tourist attraction! Quite remarkable, really."

"Enough floundering!" Princess Allie demanded. "Show us to this basement at once!"

Seigfried nodded, leading the way inside the castle. The castle itself wasn't that interesting to most. It had rustic walls with old furniture. It seemed to be covered in dust, perhaps preserving that historic feel. Emma could remember watching a documentary about Shabboneau Castle, which all of this felt... familiar to her.

Soon Emma came across a portrait. It seemed to be a young woman wearing a formal dress and a crown, alongside her was a tall, blue-dog like pokemon. It looked like Riolu, but it was definitely taller, and slander. That's a Lucario... Emma thought to herself,obvserving the portait.

The others stopped to turn to Emma. Lady Elraine approached Emma, then turned to view the portrait for herself. "That is a portrait of the hero-queen Terra, alongside her faithful partner, Lucario," Elraine explained. "Long ago, there was a terrible war in a far away region. Lady Terra and her Lucario fought long and hard, eventually bringing peace to all, and thus, hailed as a heroine."

So she also fought for peace... Emma thought. She then turned towards the ground, with a sigh of guilt. She must of been very strong, to hold on to the belief that there can be peace. But me? I just... gave up. What made her so strong to keep fighting? How can I... be that strong?

Elraine turned to Emma and smiled. "Truly, fighting for peace is a tough feat," she explained, as Emma then turned back towards her. "Did you know? Lucario and Riolu are not like most pokemon. They both have the power to read human emotions, and amplify their power according to their own aura. When the bond between human and Lucario or Riolu becomes strong enough, not only will the pokemon's power increase, but it can appear to the human that they can communicate with their partner pokemon, even though the pokemon do not converse the same language."

Is that why Kagura and I can communicate so well? Emma then thought. Come to think of it, all we really need is a glance, and we can read what we're both thinking. Kagura knows me so well... as if we were close friends for years, but we've only known each other for a short time. Is that the bond we both share...?

Shortly after, the group continued their trek though the castle. Soon they encountered and went down through the old basement. The basement itself was quite spacious, with many antiques laying about old furniture. These antiques must be worth a fortune, Emma thought upon seeing them, but perhaps all the more reason to leave them here for historical displays.

Soon the group saw a strange tunnel, that jotted out through one wall of the basement. Curious, the group went inside, and through the tunnel. The tunnel became wider, and more spacious as the group continued on, until eventually, they saw an even bigger spacious opening. There was a stream that flowed from outside; through a big hole in the wall they saw. There, they soon saw Relicanth, jumping through the waters, inside the room. Emma peeked through the wall to see there was a large body of water which stretched even further than what she could see into unknown territory.

"So this is it..." Siegfried observed, seeing the enviroment. "The Relicanth must of came through the large body of water of this unknown territory..."

"There might of been a storm from afar which led them astray from their original path," Emma added. "Then they could of been led to the rapid waters around here, to this castle. Thus, they've be led here by a total accident. Remarkable, as that sound."

"Wonderful..." Elraine said with a joyous tone, observing the aquatic rock-fish pokemon.

"So they didn't mean to come here? They were led here because they had no choice in the matter?" Princess Allie asked, fanning herself calmly with her fan. "Then... then they really wanted to just go back home..."

"Magnificent..." Elraine then said, continuing to observe the Relicanth. "Simply... magnificent."

"Indeed," Siegfried agreed. "Princess, if I may? Perhaps the Relicanth would indeed be happier if they return to the waters that they call home. As the detective says, they might not survive for much longer here. Perhaps we should organize our staff to send them home, and visit them periodically?"

"Well..." Princess Allie began to say. She stopped fanning herself, and closed her fan completely. "We should--"

"Simply beautiful..." Elraine continued on. "Relicanth... These endless Relicanth..."

"...Lady Elraine?" Emma called out to the distracted mistress. Elraine kept on watching them appear. Soon, she let out a soft giggle. The giggle turned into a modest chuckle. Then a full on loud laugh.

"Yes, truly the Relicanth do not belong here," she laughed. She then turned to face the group. "Because they now all belong to me."

"...I beg your pardon, milady?" Siegfried questioned solemnly. "They now belong... to you?"

"But of course," Elraine replied, in a more and sudden... strange sinister tone. "Such creatures do not deserve the gaze of imperfect beings, like the public. Only I can care for them in a goddess' protection."

"What... What are you talking about?" Emma then asked. "I thought you wanted to send the Relicanth back home as well?"

"Please," Elraine retorted, gazing upon the gushing water, and the Relicanth swimming through it. "Why go home when you can be cared for by a goddess? Once I acquire all of these pokemon, the real treasure will finally be opened to me."

"Real... Treasure?" Princess Allie then asked. "What is this, 'real treasure' you speak of?"

"Very well. I shall tell you," Elraine responded, turning back to the group. "A certain legend in Hoenn speaks this: if you bring forth a certain Relicanth, and a pokemon called Wailord, a mystic door will open, revealing the way... to ancient, yet beautiful golem-legendary pokemon." She then walk to the side a bit, gazing to the wall along the way. "I have a Wailord already in my grasp, but not Relicanth. I've had to pry this Wailord from its family, however. Unfortunately, the family put up a skirmish, so as imperfect beings they are, I had to.. eliminate them."

"You... eliminated them?" Princess Allie repeated, after a collected gasp from the three. "How could you...?"

"L-Lady Elraine?" Siegfried called out to her. "But, I thought you were the central voice of peace and kindness to all beings! The idea that you would harm pokemon to follow a legend is..."

"Don't be a fool," Elraine suggested, in an emotionless, yet a growing evil tone. "Imperfect beings have no place in the eyes of beauty. I have already cast aside and sacrificed thousands upon thousands to claim my perfect beings."

"You... Are you insane!" Emma shouted. "You would sacrifice any and all, just to get what you want? What about all the talk of peace and love you always shared with the world? The kindness you gave to those who need it--"

"All useless," Elraine quickly responded, with Emma replying with a quick pain, seemingly through her heart. "Do you think I really care who suffers? Who burns? Who drowns? Who gets crushed? No. That was all merely a facade, for me to gain the public's heart. Now, they all are eating out of the palm of my hand, ready to get me all I desire within moments. I can dispose of them at anytime, grovelling at my feet as I slowly crush whatever beauty they hold on of value to their hearts."

"You're a monster..." Emma called her, in a sheepish tone. "How many people have trusted you? Loved you? And you're taking advantage of all of that... Even I thought you were a role model to follow..."

"Enough," Elraine commanded. "Step aside. Or else face the wrath of Elraine... of the Emerald Dragons."

"You're with the Emerald Dragons?!" Emma asked in disbelief. "Then you wish to claim all of these Relicanth, and dispose of the ones you don't care for to the highest bidder? Even if that bidder could cause them to die..."

"That's not important," Elraine retorted. "Step aside, I said."

"Never! I won't let you do as you please!" Emma stated. "Elraine... you're reign of terror ends here!"

Elraine let out a disinterested sigh. "Detective Kuzunoha, was it? As I said, fighting for peace is a difficult effort," Elraine said. "Why bother this struggle? The peace you imagine... will never come true. It is only a pretty dream you think of, to justify your own brand of justice. Why fight for people who don't respect you? Why stand up for people don't trust you? Why risk your life for people who don't like you, for who you are and who you represent?"

Emma made a pained face. Her questions... hit the mark. She knows all too well the people she talked about. And what they think of her...

Spoiler:

Like that time in Santalune Forest:

To be frank, it'd be appreciated if you kept your advice to yourself. I don't have any intention of dyin'... and you don't have any inkling of what my goals are, nor if there'd be anyone to miss me either way."So, **** off, Kuzunoha.

And that time in Santalune City:

A fool who blindly follows the very same evil she's trying to prevent has no right to preach to me about justice! Tell then, what is justice? How do you work towards a peace with an endless cycle of hatred?

I KNEW I couldn't trust you... you insufferable *****! See where your so called 'justice' led to? You're just like... those criminals...

Even that time... in Lumiose City:

What's gotten into me? What's gotten into me is maybe I'm tired of always having to struggle from behind while you keep on showing how amazing and what a prodigy you are! Maybe I'm tired of you checking up on me while at the same time deciding to just rub it my face how amazing of everything you are! And then when you try to console me, it's some 'Hey, smile! It's okay, you only almost got him killed!' Tauros ****!

Just... just go away. If you really want to make things better then just... just take your smug attitude and go away...

Emma clasped her hands together, looking on the ground. Elraine turned towards her to address her once more. "Why create... when it will only be destroyed? Why cling to life... knowing that you will have to die? None of it will have meant anything once you do."

Emma looked up from the ground, calmly shaking her head. "...We all have to live to protect what we hold dear," Emma responded in a calmer tone. "As long as you have that, you can find the meaning on your own. That's what I learned, from each my companions."

"To fight to hold what's dear... huh," Elraine repeated, with a disappointed expression. "Such impudent wisdom." she then got out something from her robe - a pokeball. She then threw it gently, as it touched the ground. It then opened, releasing a large, blue-dinosaur-like pokemon. A Nidoqueen. Her Nidoqueen roared, upon its arrival. "...That means nothing to me."

Emma grunted, as she got out, and threw a pokeball of her own. The pokeball opened, releasing her Riolu upon the field. "Now Kagura! Force Palm attack!" Emma then quickly ordered. Her Riolu swiftly ran up to her foe, attempting to deliver a Palm-strike from her paw. The enemy Nidoqueen however, managed to effortlessly swat it away.

"Thunder Punch." Elraine calmly ordered. Her Nidoqueen quickly made a fist, as it became covered in a light-blueish aura. The attack collided with the staggered Riolu, causing Riolu to be knocked back a few feet, hurdling towards the ground.

"Kagura!!" Emma called out to it, worried. She keeled down to see it was alright, as Elraine's Nidoqueen stood in place.

"This is the power of Riolu?" Elraine remarked. "Perhaps it's been tainted by such an imperfect being as yourself, Detective."

Emma gritted her teeth. But all of a sudden, another pokeball was thrown. This time,the pokeball opened, revealing a medium-sized dog like pokemon, who was seemingly groomed all pink. A furfrou.

Princess Allie then went up to the battle field. "I will not allow you to harm those Relicanth!" she declared. "How dare you call them imperfect! I once claimed them, so they are all perfect in my eyes!"

"Annoying pest..." Elraine mocked. With a snap of her fingers, Her Nidoqueen charged rightin again. Princess Allie's Furfrou charged in against it in turn.

"Now, Tackle attack!" the princess commanded. Her Furfrou kept charging in, making sharper movements as it started to collect speed towards the enemy Nidoqueen.

"Thunderbolt." Elraine responded with little challenge. Her Nidoqueen stopped, charging sparks of electricity from the horn upon her head. It released the energy, releasing a strong electric blast towards the Furfrou. The attack made contact, striking the Furfrou, causing it to be blasted back towards the princess, colliding with her, sending them both to the ground.

"Now, finish them off with Hyper Beam!" Elraine then commanded. Her Nidoqueen charged up energy from its mouth, quickly releasing a powerful energy beam towards her foes. Princess Allie held on to her Furfrou, anticipating the blast... but was confused that the attack never came when the blast seemed to hit. She then looked up to find... her butler Siegfried took the blow.

"...Prin...cess... thank... goodness you're safe..." he gasped. He was breathing hard, while his arms were both stretched out. He then slumped over, laying on the ground, not saying another word.

"S-Siegfried!!" Princess Allie called out for him, distressed. She was kneeling over to him. As she saw his seemingly lifeless body, tears slowly started to roll from her eyes. "Siegfried... I... I... open your eyes...! ...Please..." she then layed her head upon his battered body, crying even more tears.

Emma watched on in horror, and in deep sadness. She saw her Riolu desperately try to get up, but slumping back down each time, due to injury. Why... she thought dishearteningly. In these moments... Why is it always in these crucial moments... why... can't I do anything?

She clenched her fists as they sat on the ground where she keeled. I'm... not strong enough... not for father, for mother, for grandpapa, for all my classmates... not for Sayo... or for... she reared her head in defeat. Avril... I'm so sorry. she closed her eyes. Hope escaped her. There was nothing left... nothing.

Don't, give up...

A sudden call flew open her eyes. Everything around her gave off a peculiar indigo light. It was like... she was in another world. She then saw her Riolu, laying on the ground, looking up at her. Emma crept closer to her.

Emma... don't give up.

Kagura...? You're... talking?

I have always known it, from the first time I've met you. You and I, are one of the same.

We're... the same?

I know your feelings. I too share your feelings about the world, and for life. I experienced them first hand myself, cherishing each moment of the peace this world brings everyday. But it is because you cherish life and peace, that you must protect it.

I do..

It is your faith in me and yourself that allows me to grow even stronger. As long as you have that hope, myself and all your pokemon friends will never abandon you.

Emma then looked around; the figures of all her pokemon surrounded her in this mysterious space. Vida the Budew, Kaen the Arcanine, and Linde the Eevee. They all cried, feeling the same way. Emma viewed each of her pokemon. Her friends. She then smiled towards each and every one of them.

Of course... how can I have missed it? At first, I thought Elraine and I went through the same experience, but she chose a different path, so I truly thought she had strength. I really did... but that's not what strength is. True strength isn't something to obtain in normal effort. To be genuinely strong... you have to fight for those who are precious to you.

Stronger... I want to become even stronger. Stronger to protect everyone. I don't want to see that again... I don't want to see my companions suffer again. I won't let my friends be hurt ever again!

A bright light started to form, causing Emma to close her eyes. As the light fade, she found herself in the same battlefield again. She then stood up, after seeing her Riolu back on her feet. "Kagura..." she said to it. Kagura made her usual bark in response. Was that a dream? Or something more... Emma could only wonder, but it was just what she needed.

"You still want to go on?" Elraine could only question. "Such an imperfect creature like your pokemon is not worth the effort. Very well, I will now rid the world of that fifth. Hehehe... such a pathetic creature, it's laughable."

"Don't you dare laugh..." Emma started, in a quiet, forward tone, all the way on her feet. She clenched her fists, as Riolu prepared a battle stance. "Don't you dare laugh... at my friend!!"

Spoiler:

Kagura made a sharp battle cry, as it then started to glow. The blue light it enveloped was extraordinary. Elraine watched in surprise as the pokemon started to grow. Princess Allielooked up, to see the sudden light too. Kagura grew dreadlocks, spikes on its back ankle, and even grew larger by each second. Soon the light grew brighter, as it dispersed. A new pokemon stood right beside Emma, battle ready.

Kagura the Riolu, evolved into a Lucario.

"I've been listening to you go on and on. Just shut your damn mouth already, you degenerate fool!" Emma demanded. "The only imperfect being here is you. People like you who disturb peace... I'm done playing nice!"

"Silence!" Elraine ordered. "Nidoqueen! Ice Punch attack, now!" Her Nidoqueen gathered the same movement as her Ice Punch before, heading straight for her newly evolved enemy.

"Kagura! Force Palm attack!" Emma responded. Her new Lucario charged right towards the Nidoqueen, responded to Nidoqueen's Ice Punch with a Force Palm blast. The two attacks collided with each other, leaving a mini-blast which knocked the two back, still on their feet. Nidoqueen however, got the worse of it, gotten paralyzed by the Force Palm Blast.

"Now, Copycat!" Emma then called out. Her Lucario glowed a light--blue aura, trying to contrast each and every of Nidoqueen's movements before her attack hit. When it was done, it jumped up, clenched her paw, hurling herself straight towards the enemy. It then hit the Nidoqueen with the same Ice Punch it delivered before,causing Nidoqueen to tumble to the ground.

This can't be possible... Elraine thought in disbelief. How...? Where did all this strength come from?

"Elraine..." Emma addressed to her. "Do you know why birds fly? Birds want to fly, so they soar the skies. Even if there's no reason to. Even if their wings break, and even if they die. They don't do it for humans or anyone else. Birds just want to fly, so they fly in the sky! You and the rest of the Emerald Dragons have no right to crush the dreams and desires of pokemon!"

"And you honestly think dreams should exist for everyone?!" Elraine asked in a more desperate tone. "I too had dreams, and for what cause? For them to be crushed as well?! Fool! I'll show you what happens to those you cling to a false sense of hope! Nidoqueen! Hyper Beam!!" Her Nidoqueen stood back up, and charged forward. It then released a powerful beam from it's mouth, like from before.

"Kagura! Show them your new powers! Aura Sphere attack!" Kagura the Lucario focused her power aura power. It concentrated its power upon a single point, right in between her two palms she uses to concentrate the aura under. It was all concentrated into a ball, which she then released her power, right towards the Hyper Beam attack. The attack collided with the blast. As at first the Aura Sphere attack was pushed back a little bit, its power soon increased with Kagura's aura, powered by Emma's emotions. The Aura Sphere pushed back the blast, until it finally collided with the Nidoqueen, causing a big explosion from the blast.

Smoke came around from the aftermath. As it started to clear, Emma and Princess Allie both saw Elraine, right underneath her Nidoqueen's knocked out and motionless body. Emma and Kagura both walked up and approached her. Elraine had a small amount of blood dripping from her forehead. She chuckled, as she then slowly raised her head to look upon her victorious foe.

"...I... see... To think that I was defeated... by a miserable creature..." Elraine stingily commented. She then slowly lowered her head to lay it on the ground. "Life... Dreams... Hope... Where do they come from... and where... do they go...? It looks my heart... will never know... true perfection... and beauty... again..." she then stopped moving, seemingly knocked out.

Emma could then see something shining - it was Elraine's broach, which fell out from her dress. She picked it up. On closer inspection, it seemed to be a locket of sorts. She opened it, and there, she saw Elraine, seemingly younger. There was also two men - one slightly older, and one who seemed to be a young child. It might of been Elraine's family.

...That's why you put so much meaning onto beauty... Emma calmly thought to herself. It was your broken heart. You tried to fill it with your fantasy of beauty and perfection...

She then clenched Elraine's broach, and looked up to the hole that led to the sea. "I will never allow such misery to be repeated again. Ever."

The police went by the castle several moments later.They took Elraine and her Nidoqueen in a police van, while Siegfried, the butler, was hoisted in a hospital van. One of the police officers came to salute Emma, who stood nearby. But the conversation was cut short, by an incoming Princess Allie.

"How.. How is he?!" she asked with vigor. Emma knelled down to gently place her hand on her shoulder.

"His injuries are serious, but not life threatening," Emma explained. "He'll be just fine after some treatment."

"Detective... thank you..." Allie thanked, rubbing her tears from her cheek. "Siegfried is special to me. He was the one who always played with me whenever mother and father were always busy to. And they were constantly busy, so, all I really had was him."

"I know that feeling all too well, Princess," Emma explained, with a modest smile. "But don't worry. He's going to see your smile again soon."

"Thank you..." the princess thanked once more. "And the... Relicanth?"

"The police are going to help round them up, and take them back to where they belong," Emma explained. "An expert should be able to find the right environment for them. They'll be okay as well. "

"Yes... that's for the best," Princess Allie finally conceded. She then got out a small, fancy box, and presented it to Emma. "Please, I want you to take this." she opened it, and inside, it seemed to be a small container with a strange pattern.

"...What is this?" Emma asked. It was a peculiar sight to be sure. Allie looked up at her.

"It's called an 'Odd Keystone'. Well, I called it odd. The pattern is what one would call odd, no? But at any rate, it's one of my favourite treasures, and I want you to have it. I insist! In fact, I order you to--"

"Alright, Alright!" Emma giggled, accepting the gift. "I'll treasure it, thank you."

"By the by, did you know?" Princess Allie started. "There's going to be a contest in town. It'd be... lovely if I can see you on there."

"A contest, huh..." Emma pondered. "I heard there was one in one of the towns I previously visited, but couldn't participate because of work. Maybe I will, this time. It'll be my first time, sooo you can watch me, to see how I perform."

"I expect only perfection from you, from the woman who saved my life!" Princess Allie announced with a pout. "I will not forgive you for anything second rate!"

"Alright," Emma agreed. "I'll continue to do my best. I promise."

CASE COMPLETE!

---

Obtained!

Riolu evolved into Lucario!

lucario.gif

Force Palm | Copycat | Aura Sphere | Quick Attack | Foresight

An Odd Keystone!

Bag_Odd_Keystone_Sprite.png

Years
  • ~Veteran Talk, Ya?ll~

?Ugh, this damn dress feels tight.? Dahlia sighed. ?Well, that?s usually how it goes when you go and wear new clothes for the first time.? ?Squawk! Usually how it goes! Squawk!? Fondre glared at Unico, who immediately squawked loudly and hid behind Dahlia. ?No, they?ll only feel tight when they feel tight! Do you even know what my usual shirt size is?!? Dahlia nodded angrily. ?Yes, I do! You usually wear shirts that are categorized as XL. Ugh, let me take a look at it?? Caroline was just combing Pudoru?s and Haku?s fur while her brother was helping his ?friend? out with the formal dress he made for her. ?Hmm...Not to be rude, but have you gained weight at some point?? ?...?

Cue Fondre?s armor piercing slap across poor Dahlia?s face.​

?Well, fuck you too!? ?Ow...I was just asking?? ?What?s next, you gonna ask about me being flat-chested?!? Dahlia shook his head many times. ?Of course not! Why would I ask you that question?! You should be thankful no one even dares to ask it again after...that.? He still remembered how one of the students in the academy asked Fondue about her chest a long time ago. Needless to say, they basically packed their bags and moved to Orre, never to be seen again.

?Anyways, you can go ahead and change back into your normal clothes. I?ll try and see what I can do.? Fondue was already changing back into her shirt and skirt, throwing the white dress at Dahlia?s face. ?I?m gonna check up on whatever the heck Vex is doing up on Palais Lane. Might be more interesting than playing dress-up.? ?D-D-Dress-up?!? She leaves as soon as Dahlia stared at her with a shocked look on his face. ?Squawk! Absolutely not dress-up! Squawk!? Fondre suddenly came back with an annoyed look on her face, which immediately made Unico hide behind Dahlia again. She glared at Pudoru, whose fur was still being groomed by Caroline. ?Hey, Carmen Sandiego. Where in the world is one of my freaking Quick Balls?!?

Pudoru sticked her tongue out as she pulled out the item in question out of her bundle of fur. Fondre snatched the ball out of her paw and immediately left without saying anything. Dahlia looked at Caroline and sighed. ?You shouldn?t really brush their fur that much, you know. Maybe it?s probably a good time to stop.? He grabbed the brush out of her hand, but Caroline was trying to get it back. ?Aw, but they like it when I brush their hair!? ?Remember when you tried to brush Shiny?s fur after the contest? I got another bleeding finger when that happened. And it seems Pudoru had enough for now.? Pudoru just nodded and grabbed the brush out of Dahlia?s hand, putting it back inside his bag. Dahlia started to think for a few minutes. ?Hmm. I?m not sure what we should do today?? ?Squawk. Staying in the center all day is boring. Squawk.?

Pudoru decided to walk out of the center in order to find something interesting. Haku was sleeping on top of her back during this. She noticed a building with a big brown triangular roof. It looked about as big as the Pok?mon Center and was bigger than any of the other buildings in Camphrier...with the obvious exception being the Shabboneau Castle. She smirked and decided to walk over there.

Meanwhile, Unico noticed the sudden disappearance of the two. ?Squawk? Where is Pudoru and Haku?? Dahlia looked around the center and just sighed. ?Well, time to go look for them?Come on, Caroline.? ?Can?t we at least buy something?? Dahlia sighed again and just gave Caroline his money. He got on his Holo Caster and sended a list of items to Caroline. ?Go and buy a few items for us on this list. Please, don?t waste the entire batch of money, alright?? She looked at the list and just nodded. ?Okay!? She immediately dashed off to the Pok? Mart section of the center.

?Unico, keep an eye on Caroline for me. I?m not saying that I don?t trust her, but?? ?Squawk! Unico understands and will keep an eye on Caroline! Squawk!? Unico flown right towards Caroline?s side, while Dahlia walked out of the center. Caroline looked at the list and frowned. ?Aw, 1 Great Ball for each of us? Why can?t we buy more?? ?Squawk! Probably costs too much! Squawk!? Caroline made a pouty face.
    ?Frou~? Pudoru was just sitting on a small sofa in the hotel while reading a book. Haku woke up at some point and was now hiding under said sofa, in fear of someone possibly capturing him and in hopes that his trainer would find him soon. Pudoru looked down to check on Haku. Haku jumped at the sight of her and bumped his head on the bottom of the sofa, which made him tear up a bit. ?Eve?? Pudoru just snickered and patted him on the head with a smile. ?Frou, frou.? Pudoru just told the Eevee that everything is going to be fine and that he shouldn?t be afraid of the world around him. Besides, he?s safe when she?s by her side, so why should he worry about getting hurt?

?Eevee?? Haku walked out of the sofa and decided to look around the hotel for anything that seemed to be interesting. He noticed a stairway that lead upwards to another area of some sort. He hopped on each step one-by-one, in order to decrease the chances of getting hurt. When he finally made it, he heard two people talking nearby.

?What in the world are you talking about? You can?t just go to some young trainer and ask them if they would like a Pok?mon for free. You must challenge them first, in order to see if they?re able to raise such a Pok?mon!? ?How would I do dat? Ah ain?t got no Pok?mon dat are ?round their level.? Haku walked up to the area, but immediately hid behind the side of the hotel room and peered his head from the side to look at the man and woman talking to each other.

The man had dim grey hair, who worn a white keikogi and a red hakama. He was obviously quite old, but he still looked young. The woman had dark skin and blueish black hair. She worn a small black sport coat that had a blue line around its sides, while also wearing black skinny jeans and black pumps. She looked a lot more younger than the man, but it was quite clear that she was older than the average trainer. In terms of height, they looked like they were much taller than the Adoraci?n siblings. If there?s one word to describe them, it would be ?Veteran?.

?Besides, ya wouldn?t even know unless ya tried.? ?...Hmph. Fine, do as you must.? The man gave the woman a Pok? Ball. ?If your little plan somehow fails, don?t say I didn?t warn you.? The woman took a good look at the ball before looking back up at the man. ?Don?tcha wanna say goodbye to the little gal?? ?I have already said farewell to the fine creature before even coming to Kalos.? The woman just raised an eyebrow, before shrugging. ?If ya say so?? Haku?s fur shot up in fear as the woman got closer. He immediately ran, but it seems as though the woman noticed as soon as he did. ?...Ey? Is ma eyes playing tricks on me, or did I just saw a Eevee high-tail it outta here??

While he was running down to the first floor, he suddenly bumped into something that made everything look dark. As it turns out, it was just Pudoru stopping Haku with her hat. ?Frou?? Haku tried to explain what he saw, but it didn?t take that long for his fur to get on edge again when he suddenly felt the presence of the woman. He immediately hid behind Pudoru, who just sighed. ?Aw, do ya not like me? Shoulda guessed, since this is th? first time we met. Say, where?s ya trainer at??

?Right here, of course. Although, if we?re being technical here...The Furfrou belongs to my sister, while the Eevee belongs to me.? Haku looked behind him and saw Dahlia, now walking towards them. He immediately clinged on to his boots, but not to the point where he would accidentally rip another one of Dahlia?s belongings again. ?Sorry if they accidentally caused trouble for you.? ?Aw, it?s fine surgercube. We just met right now, so don?t cha worry ?bout it. In fact, I was actually gonna ask a young trainer like ya a simple question.?

She held up two Pok? Balls in each of her hands. ?Ya probably can?t tell, but I?m from Alola. I?m-a sharing a hotel room with this fine fella from Sinnoh. We?ve been thinkin? ?bout giving a sweet little Pok?mon from our region to some young folk like yourself.? ?Oh, you don?t want them?? ?Naw, it?s not like dat. Ya see, we retired from the battling business. We?re just here to relax. Considering dat we?ve heard that a few new trainers fresh from the bucket is gonna try ta aim to become the very best like no-one ever was, we decided to give you some young Pok?mon that are ready ta have a taste of some battle spirit.? Dahlia looked at the two balls and sighed. ?Sure, why not. I?ll take both of them.? ?Now, don?t be greedy?? ?Oh no, I was just going to give the other ball to my sister.? The woman just shrugged in response and gave him the two balls.

?The lady on the left?s named Muffin, while the little lass on the right?s named Chalk. ?Supposed to be a symbolic name, apparently. Anyways, ma job here?s done, so I?ll hopefully see ya ?round!? The woman left back upstairs to her room. Dahlia sighed and just put Muffin?s ball inside his bag. <She didn?t even tell me what the Pok?mon was...Oh well, I?ll find out after the contest?Wait.> His eyes widened. ?Oh god, the contest is today! We have to get ready! Come on, you two!? The three immediately ran back to the Center, to see Caroline and Unico sleeping.

?Wake up, Caroline! The contest is today!? Both Caroline and Unico immediately woke up from Dahlia?s sentence. ?Squawk! Oh boy, oh boy! Have to get ready, squawk!? ?Oh man, I still didn?t pick what color bow Nathan should wear!?

?We?ll think about this as soon as we dress up and get over there!?

[~To Be Continued~]

TWIN INVENTORY/POK?MON:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Kade Andrews
    397.png
    662.png
    163.png
    021.png

Some people actively seek adventure. Other people - like Kade - just go looking for cool birds and find adventure thrust upon them. At the suggestion of Sky, he?d headed south of Camphrier Town (after a brief stop at the Pokemon Centre) to a forest ravine where Sky Trainers were known to gather. He?d expected to maybe watch the spectacle, or enter into an ordinary battle or two. What he got was the company of adrenaline junkies, which is more or less how he found himself hanging on to Stratus? back for dear life with his legs dangling in the air behind her like some sort of bizarre pair of tails.

They?d told him that Stratus? could probably hold his weight for about five minutes. He hadn?t been so sure, but as proud as she was, the Staravia had insisted. So Kade had agreed. After all, his opponent had said that if he could impress him in five minutes he?d give him a useful TM. Well, he was three minutes in and hadn?t fallen off yet which was good. Less good was the enormous Braviary bearing down upon them once again - like it had been doing for the entirety of the battle.

Over and over, the massive Flying type barreled towards them, passing so close that the gust it created would often breeze through Kade?s hair or it would create turbulence that would cause Stratus to shake in the air. So far though, it hadn?t managed to actually score a hit. Every time the Braviary was about to hit them, Stratus was able to avoid it with a small maneuver. It?d come in for a Brave Bird, Stratus would give a hard flap and narrowly drift over the top. It?d try to strike from below, Stratus would catch an air current and float sidewards out the way. The aerial game of cat and mouse continued on and on, the trainer astride the larger bird getting increasingly frustrated as they repeatedly came within a hair?s breadth of inflicting damage. Until blessedly, the faint sound of a timer going off was heard and Kade and Stratus were able to return to the ground.

Spoiler: Kade's Inventory
    - 1 Pok?dex
    - 500Pok?
    - 3 Potions
    - 2 Pok? Balls
    - 1 Flight Ball
    - Bug Bite (TM)
    - Aerial Ace (TM)

Note: This post used to be better but Google hates me.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    4BFfcOj.png
    Drew Tucker
    chespin.gif
    feebas.gif
    Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

Roses are red as blood
    Camphrier Town - Embrass? par le soleil Restaraunt

?That?s the girl? She?s actually?pretty.? Paige gasped, unapologetically sceptical as she saw a girl sit at table fourteen. Sure, she knew Larry had Magikarp?d the poor girl, but she was fully expectant that whoever showed up would closer to the disgusting man?s standards, not some round faced freckly brunette in a red dress. She was beautiful, and hardly deserved the shock she was about to receive at the hands of Loathsome Larry. Whatever he did worked, she seemed like she was really making an effort for this. If they managed to pull this off, he?d seriously be punching above his weight, or?not? Honestly, the whole situation confused her. She glanced over to Drew, once she realised he hadn?t answered her question. From the very beginning he didn?t seem as invested in the whole thing as she was, but it was to be expected, she?d gathered that the boy was pretty clueless about romance. The whole time they were there, he?d been brooding over the three pokeballs he?d laid across the restaurant table. It made Paige curious as to what exactly that middle pokemon was. Maybe taking her mind off of the ordeal while they waited for Larry was best. ?I see you?ve got a new pokemon since I last saw you.? She smiled.

The boy glanced up across the table. He shrugged at Paige, before returning to the pokeballs with a tired expression. ?This is stupid.? He sighed.

Paige raised a brow. She didn?t know Drew that well, but this was a different kid than the one she?d actually enjoyed spending time with on Parterre way. She had no intention of sitting here with this mope. If Larry was going to be late, she may aswell have her own fun while they waited, and if she was going to get anything from Drew, she?d have to provoke him herself. She reached over the table, and grabbed the middle pokeball, shrugging off Drew?s resistance. Much to her disappointment, when she tossed the ball, nothing popped out. She glanced back at Drew with a questioning look. ?Is it broken??

?I had an Eevee. She?s gone now.? He responded flatly.

?You had an Eevee? That?s so precious!? The girl laughed. ?I gotta say, it suits you.? She clasped her hands together in excitement. ?What happened?? Her joking tone now turning to a more serious sense of concern.

?Compliments of the chef. It?s just heart shaped cheddar gougeres, but she says you two make a cute couple.? A waiter stepped in, cutting through the tension. Paige was thankful for that much. He was about seventeen, his face blotched with pimples. He flushed red in the face, despite not being the one who should be embarrassed in this situation. ?Enjoy.? He continued, placing the cheesy appetisers on the table before attempting to step away.

?Wait, we?re not?ugh, never mind.? Paige groaned. Noticing her outburst, the waiter flushed an even brighter red, and quickly apologised. Paige brushed off her skirt with a huff and sat back down. She looked up at Drew, with a penitent smile, handing him back his pokeball. ?Were you getting anything? On me.? She shrugged, reaching for her designer bag.

The course of events had found Drew rather muddled. Looking Paige in her eyes, he could see the same pitiful expression as when Larry gave him the Feebas. He straightened himself up at her offer, reaching for his own rugged old backpack. ?No, no, I got this.? He responded, waving her off. ?White chocolate and razz berry crepe for dessert, and the smoked salmon for the main.? He asserted, leaving both the waiter and Paige speechless for a second.

??and for the lady?? The waiter smiled, scribbling down the order.

?That?was my order. Drew, you didn?t have to?? Paige said softly.

?I?ll just go chicken breast. Hold the dessert.? Drew finished, sliding the menu over to the waiter, Paige following a little more hesitantly and doing the same. After double checking their orders, the waiter began on his way to the back, before Drew grabbed his sleeve. ?Oh, and a glass of red wine to table fourteen please.?

?Usually we don?t serve wine to minors, but I suppose if it?s not for you, you?re allowed to order it for others.? The waiter contemplated the rules, confusing himself in the process. ?Coming right up sir.? He smiled.

?I can?t believe you remembered that.? Paige smiled, with a subtle blush on her cheeks. They had discussed a lot of random stuff on Parterre way. The fact he?d remembered her favourite food and favourite dessert was impressive to say the least. Clearly she had underestimated how much of a romantic he really was. Then again?she shook her head. Him remembering that didn?t mean he?

?So, I suppose I should cut to the chase, huh?? Drew grinned, rummaging through his bag. Paige was still slightly taken aback by Drew?s sudden assertiveness, but allowed her curiosity to take over. He hadn?t actually told her why he?d asked to meet in Camphrier. Given what she had to do to get there, she was surprised that up until that point, she?d completely forgotten why she was even there. She watched him as he finally grabbed something that seemed to be tucked beneath everything in the bag. Rather than take it out, Drew ushered her to look down into the bag, which she hesitantly complied to. She recoiled at the sight of it; furrowing her brows at Drew and mouthing ?a Silph Co. parcel??. While Drew nodded proudly, Paige wasn?t quite convinced. Not just yet.

?What?s in it?? Whatever was left of Paige?s enthusiasm completely vanished for a second, as Drew shrugged. On one hand, she?d come all the way here for a parcel that neither her nor the person giving it to her knew what it was: on the other hand, Silph Co. were the ones trying to buy away her father?s company, so Drew must have somehow gotten it from his parents. ?I can?t believe you were?stupid enough to do something like that.? She blushed, struggling to hold back a smile. ?Thank you.? As she leant in for a hug, she noticed a rather angry looking woman leaning over Drew. It was the girl from table fourteen. ?Can I help you?? She snarled unknowingly, leaning back into her chair, frustration building.

?You?re Lavish Larry? You?re a little shorter than six three, aren?t you? Is this some sort of prank?? The woman sneered, prodding at Drew with an annoyed expression on her face.

Drew turned to look at her, before looking back at Paige. How had she caught them? Why did she think he was?his train of thought was cut off by the waiter arriving with their food. Drew instantly realised, he?d completely forgotten to make sure the drink he?d ordered for her was anonymous. He groaned internally, even wincing at his own stupidity. He?d have to lie his way out of this one. ?I?m?not Larry. In fact?I?ve never hear-?

?Drew?? Paige interrupted with a scolding tone. ?Thanks, I?ll order my drink later.? She diverted her attention for a moment, shooing off the waiter. ??we have to tell her the truth. I think she?s been lied to enough.? She sighed. ?Look, I?m gonna be real with you. The guy you?ve been talking to, isn?t quite who you think he is. Yes, ?Lavish? Larry is real, but he isn?t the handsome guy you?ve probably been seeing online. He?s pretty disgusting, and kind of a jackass. He?s already late for your date. If you?re willing to give him another chance, I?m sure when he gets here, you?re smart enough to make your own decision.? She ended with another sigh, this one much more satisfied than the first.

?So Larry sent you here to scout me out, but instead you decided to make sure your own little date went well? Some friends you are to that wonderful man.? The woman huffed.

?It?s not a da?wonderful man? Really? Besides, why are you not offended by him sen?REALLY?? Paige blurted, in a mess of confusion and disbelief.

?Larry deserves better.? The woman insisted defiantly.

?Olivia? Why are you talking to these chil?you idiots have blown your cover, haven?t you?? Larry interjected, finally stepping through the restaurant doors. Fashionably late wouldve been an understatement. The man?s hair was greased back into a full pompadour, with a single twirl resting across his forehead. He wore black trousers and a white shirt, the top three buttons of which were loose, revealing most of his chest hair and flab.

Paige gagged as she saw the millionaire emerge in his flamboyant and frighteningly revealing outfit. Even more to the girl?s surprise, Olivia seemed delighted to see Larry, going so far as to dive into the man?s arms.

?Larry, I was worried you weren?t going to show up because of these kids.? She whimpered, he tone drastically different from that attitude she?d been giving Paige a moment ago.

Larry shook his head. ?And here I was considering funding your dad?s research. Let?s ditch these lying troublemakers Liv. Dinner on me of course.? The two stomped back to table fourteen, leaving Paige stammering to defend herself.

?Well that?s gonna be awkward.? Drew remarked, watching as the duo headed to their table, then glancing at the two full plates on their own table.

?I guess he wasn?t a fake?? Paige muttered in defeat.

?Why?s it matter? You weren?t actually friends with Larry, were you? He?s kind of an ass.? Drew shrugged, tucking into his meal. ?C?mon, sit down and enjoy our date.? He smirked.

?You?re the ass.? Paige chuckled, before sitting down herself.

Inventory
    Spoiler:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years

• tumblr_oummjohqAG1wxyzk0o1_500.png

Sebastian & Jackson
    Paradise Lost

654.gif
    580.gif
    414.gif
    619.gif
    comfey.gif
    furfrou.gif

haunter.gif
    teddiursa.gif
    houndoom.gif
    golbat.gif
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png

There was a breeze blowing around route 6 as Jackson followed behind the other two whom were stepping ahead of him. Supposedly Chingling were meant to appear in this area, but they'd have to step off of the beaten trail to find them. He looked idly at the back of their heads as they stepped ahead of him pace by pace, chattering away like two excited little buneary. They were tough enough, he thought, to try and brave the wilds like this when they had so many cracks and vulnerabilities. Then again, maybe it was just because he was with them... or maybe it was because they were too ignorant to see passed the veil of self confidence their pok?mon had brought.

What was he doing here? These two weren't tied up in the mess he'd seen over the few days gone by. They hadn't seen the atrocities commited by Team Cinder, they hadn't seen Shino getting shot, they hadn't witnessed the murders in the forest, they hadn't been fired at and fearing for their lives for almost every second of the passed two days. Of course they wouldn't be as cynical as he was... they hadn't been given ample reason to be, not yet. Maybe it would pay to look at them a little more softly from now on, after all Lillie had only asked him for help, not for anything else. They were just going to catch a Chingling.

The trio stepped down into the tall grass of the area below, tall enough to reach up to his waste even. Jackson found himself examining Lillie fram afar as she bounded about. She seemed so much more... lively? When she was out exploring with her pok?mon. His harsh gaze softened ever so slightly. If Malorie wasn't so sick... Lillie would basically be a palette swap, he realized. Perhaps he'd have to introduce them to one another when all of this was done.

His eyes fell to the floor. Just... when was this going to be over anyway? He wasn't so sure anymore. He was starting to get tired.

??? said:
    "J...s.n, p...s.... S.o.!!"

Jackson quickly shook himself as his eyes began to dip and he found himself drifting into unpleasant memories. Focussing forward, he made strides to catch up with the other two whom were moving further ahead.

There was something about being with Lillie that felt...freeing. This would be the third time they had gone running after a Pokemon together, although their first adventure had been cut short by that Pokemaniac. Walking with Lillie, talking to Lillie, it was comfortable, in a way that interacting with another person hadn?t been for a long time.

Speaking of, he glanced over his shoulder several times to make sure Jackson was still with them; he was, though he chose to stay a few feet behind (a habit Nebula and Chance had finally dropped). Jackson had a distant look to him, as if he wasn?t all there, not in the moment. He was thinking hard about something...maybe being with Sebastian brought back memories of school? He never seemed happy there (he doesn?t seem happy now either). Sebastian brushes it off for the time being, making a mental note to ask what?s on his mind once Lillie?s mission is complete.

?Sno.? Comes a quiet voice from Sebastian?s bag. After hearing about Teddy?s little paradise inside Jackson?s bag, Ukyou had crawled into Sebastian?s, where she seemed rather content.

?Hm?? Sebastian pauses and looks over his shoulder once more, this time seeing Jackson several feet even further behind, though walking quickly to catch up. He pauses his own stride to allow him to catch up.

"Hmmm..." Lillie muttered, focussed in on the map of her Holocaster's GPS as she went through the regular wild pok?mon appearing in the area. "It says they should be here... oh no, I hope it's not a night time only pok?mon or I'm done for..." She mumbled to herself as she flicked through the settings to check. "Even then, it's got to sleep somewhere right? I doubt they'd go too far from their favorite haunt for that..." Jackson mused, finally having caught up to the two and now snapped to attention from his previous daze. "Oh! Hmm... yeah, that's a good point. There's got to be one somewhere around here... I'll check over here I think." Lillie was in her own little world as she pranced off, eager to find her target, but before either of the two guys could follow, Jackson caught Sebastian by the shoulder. "Hold on a second." He stated plainly, making sure Lillie couldn't hear.

Sebastian looks thoughtful...Chingling only evolve at night, but he doesn?t remember reading that they were strictly nocturnal Pokemon. Sebastian smiles fondly as Lillie all but pranced off deeper into the grass to find her newest soon-to-be-friend. ?G-? He opens his mouth to speak when he feels Jackson?s arm clasp onto his shoulder, surprising himself when he realized his body neither tensed nor jumped. ?What is it?? He whispers, a mix of curiosity and concern in his voice. Jackson's answer came short and without delay. "I want to know what y'think of Lillie. How long 'ave you two known each other?"

Oh. Sebastian?s expression calms as it registers that Jackson caught no sign of danger. ?She?s sweet, isn?t she? We met in Lumiose City.? Which seems like so long ago, and yet...it was just a few days back. So much has happened since then??And on route 5 I helped her find this Pancham.? He pauses. ?...I?m worried she?s putting too much hope in this Chingling?? He admits after several seconds of hesitation. ?She won?t have much time to work with it before the contest.? Her confidence is already so fragile, he doesn?t want to see her crushed.

"I meant more in a general sense, your past experiences with her don't matter." He paused, carefully considering his next words. "Do you know what happened on Prism Tower last night?" He spoke firmly, his voice full of warning and trepidation. "I don't know if you and 'er have already spent time together today... and if you did I can't be certain that she told y'about it." His stare was serious, he wanted to express to Sebastian subtly that this wasn't any passing conversation. He was serious about this.

The air seems to be sucked out of the area as Jackson speaks, his tone and expression are both so foreboding. Sebastian?s own expression grows darker as he raises his hand, delicately tapping Koroku?s wing with the tip of his finger. ?Go help Lillie, please.?

The timid bug flits off of its trainer?s head and flies in Lillie?s direction, blowing tiny gusts of wind through the grass and listening for bell-like sounds.

Once the Mothim is out of sight Sebastian turns his full attention back to Jackson. ?What happened at the tower??

Jackson wasted no time in explaining the situation in full. He tells Sebastian about the Garchomp terrorising the city and how it kidnapped Lillie and whisked her away to the top of Prism Tower, he told him about how he had climbed the tower via on old service ladder and fought the beast in at the higher altitude, he even goes so far as to describe how he was knocked clean from the tower roof and sent plummeting, only to be saved by his pok?mon just in time to defeat, no, destroy the pok?mon before it could do Lillie anymore harm. "That Garchomp... it wasn't a normal pok?mon, it was a weapon, created, grown unnatural like, to serve the ends of a group of very bad people." He paused and sighed. "...but I bet yer wonderin' why I'm tellin' y'this?"

By the time Jackson?s story is complete, Sebastian?s eyes have hazed over. How did this happen and he not know about it? He was in the city-- fighting that Steelix. Maybe that entire operation was just a decoy to get the police away from the tower. Lillie...she could have been killed... He draws in a deep, shaky breath and nods to Jackson?s last question. Why was he telling him?

"It's because I'm leaving, right now... and I want you to tell Lillie that 'm too busy, make it seem like I was cold 'bout it." Jackson stated, no emotion present in his voice as he squinted his eyes at the younger who stood before him. "The people who caused all of that... they're a problem I'm fightin' against but it's a problem you and her should stay out of. I shoulda realized it sooner but just by being around her now, after all of that, after she was so close t'bein' involved. There's no way I can let her get drawn int'this any further... do you understand?" He furrowed his gaze further, shooting Sebastian a questioning gaze. "You realize why I think she isn't strong enough right? Why I was harsh on her before? It ain't that she or you are weak... but what I'm dealin' with are people who kill without thought, people who have shot at me and others to the point of multiple near death experiences. This isn't some typical journey for gym badges and pok?mon, this is bigger than all of us... and I'm not gonna have anyone else get drawn into it because o' me."

Suddenly it all clicks together: The fire in the forest, the mass Eevee extinction, the multiple attacks on the city...it?s all connected, and there?s so much more he hasn?t seen, so much he wasn?t aware of. People have been hurt, people have been dying? and that?s what Jackson was thinking about. Sebastian grips the strap of his bag tightly.

?If you want to leave, I won?t stop you. I?ll tell Lillie you left...and if you insist, I?ll make something up about why.? His tone is colder now, his eyes equally as serious as those looking down on him. ?What I won?t do is make a promise I can?t keep. If Lillie wants to go fight, I can?t stop her anymore than I can stop you right now.? It?s a sinking feeling, hearing that the world is going to hell and you?ve been blissfully unaware. It?s a crushing feeling to know that someone you admire plans to go to parts unknown, seeking out dangerous people, risking his life...and knowing there is nothing you can do about it.

"..." Jackson contemplates the words carefully, but after cycling through arguments he could use in his head to the contrary he ultimately concedes. He knows that controlling Lillie won't solve anything... but as long as Sebastian doesn't make the effort to push her towards the danger either, then Jackson feels as if he can trust him. "I understand, you can't hold her back at all, I can't realistically ask you to do that I know..." He takes a step forward and places a hand on Sebastian's shoulder. Jackson himself had been falling down this buneary hole for days, he was putting a lot of pressure on Sebastian by unloading all of this on him in just a few seconds. Jackson had to keep telling himself, that this was all he could do to help keep the two of them safe. "I've gotta beg you though, if this comes up, if it threatens to drag you both into this... please try to steer her and yourself away, unless it's all but unavoidable..."

He thought back to Avril, the look in her eyes when the grunt burned away, the realization of loss when she held the bleeding Shino in her arms. "I've... already watched a young girls innocence bleed away this week, because of a decision I encouraged her t'make... I can't see that again. If worst comes to worst, I've got to leave the decision in your hands... can y'promise me, if nothin' else, will you try t'keep her safe?"

It?s true, he can?t control Lillie, he can?t follow Lillie around and make sure she never goes into danger, but he wants to do...something. The idea of those sweet eyes contorted in pain is enough to make him physically ill. He has to do...something. He can?t promise Jackson that he can keep Lillie from harm, but he can try his damndest.

He looks to the hand on his shoulder, then back to Jackson?s eyes, his own with a deadly seriousness, but also a sense of encouragement and understanding. ?I promise that I will do everything in my power to keep Lillie safe.? He just... hopes that?s enough. Maybe he can convince her to travel with him, maybe he can shield her from all of this... at least for a time. At the rate this darkness seems to be growing, it might only be a matter of days before this very thing is unavoidable, and then... he?ll cross that bridge when he comes to it.

In the distance, Jackson could see Lillie raising a pok?ball triumphantly above her head... and he could only assume that she'd managed to catch the Chingling at last. A small smirk spread across his lips but he had no time to celebrate with her. Stepping away from Sebastian and quickly moving to leave, he nodded his farewell. "Then for now, the rest is up to you."

?Take care.? Sebastian gives a small nod to Jackson as he walks away. His body feels locked in place, as much as he wants to follow, as much as he wants to run after Jackson and tell him that he shouldn?t go after this danger by himself, and yet he?s more than aware of how little help he would be. No, the best way he can help Jackson is to stay here and protect Lillie. Jackson...he seemed to have some amount of confidence in his ability to do so.

Lillie bounded over towards Sebastian, the pok?ball held tight in her hand as she beamed proudly at the red haired young man before her. "Sebastian! I did it! Look!" She practically shoved the pok?ball in his face as she held it out proudly. "All by myself, I beat and captured this Chingling and I'm certain she's just what I was looking for! This should show Jackson I'm strong enough to stand on my own two feet." She paused as she peeked behind Sebastian, a sudden confusion settling into her innocent green eyes as she glanced in confusion around the grassy field of Route 6. "Huh... speaking of which... where did he go? Weren't you two just talking?"

?He was here-- he?? How is he going to spin this? He needed a minute to think up what Jackson would say that would sound believable, that would make Lillie want to stay away from him. ?He got a call on his holocaster and stepped away. I?m sure he?ll be right back.? Maybe the idea of him sneaking off without them will be enough to make her angry. ?Are you going to name miss Chingling?? He smiles, although it?s a bit wooden. Hopefully Lillie won?t notice.

"I see..." Lillie responded, a slight tint of sadness in her voice. Lillie's eyes widened, hurt and slightly confused. "I hadn't come up with anything just yet... no..." Lille furrowed her brow, clearly not pleased with the answer she had been presented with, Sebastian's words dancing in her mind, but she quickly shook her head to dismiss those thoughts away. "Did you have any ideas Sebastian?" She smiled at him sweetly, holding the pok?mon proudly in both hands once again.

?Hmm.? His train of thought refocuses on the ball in her hand. ?Is Belle too obvious? With an E, it?s Kalosian for Beauty. Or...Suzuna? Suzu means bell.? Was he being too literal with the Pokemon?s design? ?Or...Melody??

"Hmm... all good options, though I'm not sure which one to pick..." She examined the pok?ball in her hand, curious as to what she should name her new partner, perhaps it would be better to think of something herself however? Was it bad not to name your own pok?mon and have someone else help you out? Probably not right? "Maybe we can ask Jackson to help pick...?" She looked around once again, peeking over the grass to the pathway above to see if the older trainer was anywhere to be seen. He was not.

"Did he say where he was going to make the call Sebastian...? Surely he would have gotten back by now...?" She queried, suspicion creeping back into her voice.

?No, he said ?I?ve got to take this.? And stepped away.? Sebastian speaks easily enough, it had only been a couple of minutes, if someone really were to be having an important phone call, they could still be talking. Still...she looks suspicious. Lying is hard, he didn?t speak to people enough to need to lie to them, thus being incredibly out of practice. He holds his arm out to Koroku as the Mothim flitters back to them.

?Want to help us look for Jackson?? He smiles a little more easily at his loyal Pokemon. The Mothim?s wings wriggles as it nods.

Lillie furrowed her brow and looked hard at the ground before her, she didn't want to sound accusatory, she didn't want to seem like she wasn't trusting her new friend, but, well it was as much a hunch as anything, but she had to at least ask, she had to state how she felt and try to explain her worry and attachment. She wanted him to know why it was she was so desperate to prove herself in his eyes.

"...is that really what happened...?" She muttered to herself, under her breath slightly as she contemplated this sudden turn of events. "About Jackson...I don't believe you, Sebastian, I'm really sorry." She looked at him sheepishly, her eyes just a little bit sad. "He did seem... a bit tense earlier you know? Did something happen?" She pouted and looked at the ground with those sad doe eyes. "...I guess he and I are really different, so it's hard to understand why I'd be hanging around with him, heh maybe I should have said this from the start, but, he saved my life you know?"

He did know, but if he let on that Jackson told him about the tower before his ?phone call? it would sound a little too convenient, not? that she?s really buying the phone call story to begin with.

She rolled the pok?ball in her hands awkwardly. "I wasn't ready to talk about it yet because, well, it was pretty scary. He was chasing this big pok?mon through the streets, a Garchomp..." She paused, biting her lip. "It carried me up to the top of Prism tower, it looked so upset and frustrated, I thought, well... I thought that was it for me, the gym leader couldn't stop it. He couldn't save me and he was a big deal. I didn't think anybody would ever follow if he had already lost but... well, Jackson did." She put a hand to her mouth and thought back on the experiences that had troubled her memories since that night. "He was already bleeding so much... I don't know if the Garchomp had hurt him but his left arm barely moved at all. He was covered in red and was thrown from the tower by Garchomp's attacks. If his pok?mon hadn't evolved he would have died then and there." She shook her head, trying to wash all thoughts of that time away.

"I can't speak for what kind of person he is, or seems to be... but I had never met him before that moment, yet he risked everything he had to protect me. So it matters a lot to me that I get to show him how much more there is to me than a damsel in distress"

?Lillie?? He sighs, rubbing the back of his neck with his palm; his nervous tick. ?I?m sorry?? He?ll never accept that he wasn?t there when this was going down, even if he couldn?t begin to think of what he would have done in that situation. ?Whatever Jackson?s doing, I?m sure it?s important.? Not a lie, he has no idea what Jackson?s going to do, if he?s going to storm the enemy camp, or go join the police force, or become a spy. He doesn?t know, but it?s important.

"I'd say a little too important, considering where it's landed you two."

Lillie spun around at the sound of an unfamiliar voice, before freezing in place at the horrifying sight that met her. The metallic barrel of a gun. The man standing behind the trigger wore a black suit adorned with orange accents... and behind him was an imposing looking pok?mon, she recognized it as it came from her home region of Alola. The fire dragon pok?mon, Turtonator. The canon like beak upon its face was aimed pensively at Sebastian, ready to fire at the slightest movement.

"S-Sebas-"

"Cut the **** girl. I've been given specific orders to make sure you don't walk away from this, we don't know how much you're aware of. Especially with the position of your brother and mother. We can't go risking the Aether Foundation getting involved in our plans." Lillie took a step back but froze fully as she heard the pistol make a small click. "Y-you can't do this... not in public..." She stuttered, but the man just sneered. "It's not hard to close a pathway for long enough to make a distraction... and besides, you're just a side story. My boss is already at the Palace by now. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Shame we couldn't get Crane along with you but I don't think anybody's gonna complain if we have your body alone."

The man in the suit turned his gaze to Sebastian. "Dunno who you are kid, but it looks like you chose the wrong crowd to hang around with huh." He turned the barrely of the gun towards Sebastian for a brief moment. "Unfortunately we can't go letting witnesses catch wind of Cinder activities, I'm sure you understand."

It was as if time itself slammed to a halt, giving him time to take in everything: The towering man in his black and orange, the gun and its pistol pointed dead onto Lillie, the finger pressed delicately against the trigger, the imposing Pokemon towering behind them; Turtonator, a Dragon Fire type. Brionne would be a perfect counter...if there wasn?t a gun. Time began ticking again as the barrel of the gun clicked, and as the man pointed his gun towards Sebastian, he understood the old saying about your life flashing before your eyes: It wasn?t everything, just the important things?

His parents, his little brother, Alice...Dylan, Lillie?

Lillie...he has to protect Lillie. Swallowing thickly, as if trying to choke down his own heart, he eases his way in front of her smaller body. ?You wouldn?t have announced yourself if you weren?t willing to bargain.? His voice sounds significantly calmer than he feels. He can feel Koroku, still clutched onto his arm, shaking violently. There?s no visible win to this situation? ?Whatever you want, I?ll give it to you.?

"Ahh..." The man in the suit grinned, still aiming his gun resolutely at the young man in front of him. "Seems you're a smart one, I suppose I could end up using this to my advantage." He aimed the gun at Lillie again, the barrel glistening in the evening light as the threat of death hung so casually, the every menacing scythe glowering down at Lillie and causing beads of sweat to slowly drip down her brow. "We could do a trade, lives for lives right kid? So I'll tell you what..." He sneered, turning to look at Sebastian with beady eyes. "Tell me everything you know about Jackson Crane, Emma Kuzunoha, Laurent Hessel and Avril Morris... my boss is desperate to know where he can find them."

Emma who? Damn it...the only one of those names that sounds vaguely familiar is Laurent, if only because he watched him win the contest?Swallowing his heart back down he glances just enough to the side to see Lillie?s terrified eyes. ?Stay behind me.? He speaks clearly. If it comes down to it...his body might be able to buy her a few seconds to run for it.

?Jackson Crane?? He turns back to face the man, desperately trying to find something he could use...if he lowers his arm at all, maybe Koroku can confusion the gun away from him...maybe...something...anything? ?He?s onto your plans for the palace, that?s why he left.? Is that true? He?s not sure, but it makes sense, and it might be enough for this man to want to communicate with his superior...underlings...someone. ?He?s hell bent to destroy you.? What else?? ?He has a Haunter and a Teddiursa.? Their captor said everything.

?Laurent...he should already be at the palace. He?s a gifted coordinator. He was in Lumiose when your Garchomp attacked.? Is that why he didn?t meet Dylan and Sebastian for their downtown exploration? Was he involved in all of this too?

?Avril?? Sycamore?s voice calling out that name rings within his mind; she graduated with them, she chose a Froakie. ?She was never interested in contests. She?s probably long gone?she won?t give you any trouble.?

Emma...did she graduate with them too? He can?t picture her face, nor the Pokemon she chose. She?s a blank...not that he?s exactly in a good position to be thinking of the past. ?I?ve never met an Emma?? He swallows, his body tensed, refusing to quiver, he has to be strong for Lillie...these might be his final seconds, he won?t go down a coward.

"...what a disappointment, young man." He cocked the gun once again, aiming the barrell between Sebastian's eyes. He had a lazy expression, it was cruel in the sense that it was so uncaring. To him, Sebastian was just another body, his experiences, his desires, his personality, none of that mattered. He was just another stepping stone on the way to what this man and his employers wanted. With that same lazy, uncaring expression... the man pulled the trigger and the gunshot that resounded outwards was oddly quiet thanks to the silencer affixed to the end of the gun.

Sebastian closes his eyes when the man speaks. ?Run.? He murmurs to Lillie. His death will buy her a few seconds, and a moving target will at the very least be harder to hit.

The shot is fired?

He?s...still alive?

As the man tapped the trigger, the white blur that was Sebastian?s Furfrou had leaped from the grassy terrain around them, his fangs had chomped down on the man?s wrist with a vicious, bloodthirsty intent, colliding straight through skin and muscle tissue and meeting with bone. He snarls around the man?s wrist as he wrestles the arm to the ground. He has every intent to rip this damned arm off. A smaller but equally violent brown ball had followed suit, lunging for the man?s neck and clamping down on the first fleshy bit she could find. Her tiny paws push against the man?s chest as she jerks her head upward, taking some flesh with her.

Sebastian opens his eyes to take all of this in, his timid Mothim starring back to him with a determined expression as it flutters above his head: Koroku had lunged in front of its trainer with a protect.

"TURTO!" In response to its trainer being assaulted, the Turtonator behind the man aimed it's massive canon like nose towards Chance and fired off a powerful stream of flame, the flamethrower held back slightly in order to avoid burning the man on the floor. Still it seemed enough to hold back the two hounds from causing anymore harm to their prey. Quickly rushing back, scrambling along the ground as he howled in pain, the man gripped his open wounds, blood gushing as he aimed his gun and pulled the trigger.

A click, no bang to follow.

"N-No!" He cries, tossing the empty weapon to one side and scowling. "Turtonator... use- AAAGH!" In that instance a blur of blue light rushed downwards, streaking with speed through the sky it rammed into the Cinder Grunt and launched him sideways. As the golbat stopped in place, it screeched in affirmation at Sebastian and Lillie before dashing upwards to avoid a powerful gush of flame once again. Lillie's eyes widened, the shock of the situation dying down slightly as the tables seemed to turn. "T-That Golbat... it's Jackson's pok?mon!"

?Chance, Nebula!? Sebastian calls to the two Pokemon. They back away from the fray, allowing the Golbat to take on the massive fire dragon, and yet two pairs of eyes stayed focused on the bleeding human before them. They seem determined to make sure he never points a gun again.

?Koroku, protect Lillie.? Sebastian tells his Mothim, the bug type flying to hover above Lillie?s head as Sebastian runs for the two feral Pokemon. He needs to get them away, and get that gun away from the man. He catches Tutonator's eye as it aims a blast for the small brown Pokemon, whose eyes seemed too trained on their human attacker to notice. Adrenaline running the show, his instincts kick in and he lunges for Nebula, collecting her in his arms and rolling through the grass. The smell of burned hair fills his nostrils as the fire streams right above his head.

The man in question however, is quite sick and tired of the whole situation. "T-they don't pay me enough for this ****..." Standing up he throws the empty gun at Sebastian and turns tail, doing his best to run away from Sebastian as he quickly returns Turtonator to his inferno ball, sprinting off into the tall grass behind him. "S-stay away from me you bastard!"

Sebastian releases Nebula and forces himself to his feet, making a sprint for the gun. He?ll turn this into the police and Arceus willing they can use it to track these people down. As he picks up the gun he watches Chance and Nebula dart by him, chasing the man down and growing closer with each bound. The enraged dog snaps at his pant leg and wrestles him to the ground, Sebastian running after the duo.

?Chance--? His initial reaction was to tell the Pokemon to let the man go, yet...he can?t let him get away. He doesn?t deserve to get away, hell, he doesn?t deserve to live?

Nebula bounds up to the fallen man's face and arches her back, she opens her mouth to prepare another bite, only to re-close her mouth and take a step back. Likewise, Chance drops the leg he was holding onto and draws back, snarling uncertainly at their fallen attacker. Sebastian takes another step towards the two to see what was causing their sudden uncertainty, and when he saw it, he too felt the need to draw back.

The man's eyes were glassy and hollow, staring into a void of nothingness. He...was dead. But how? Yes, he was injured, but not badly enough to die. He hadn't had nearly enough time to bleed out from two bite marks, even if they were in crucial places. Did...did his superiors kill him? Did they already know he had failed? Were they watching right now? Against his better judgement Sebastian kneels down by the body, searching him for some kind of wire, though with so little idea of what he's looking for, all he manages to find is Turtonator's bizarre Pokeball, which he stuffs in his bag alongside the gun. He has no idea what he's going to do with it, he just knows he can't leave it here.

"Sebastian!" Lillie calls out as she runs towards her friend. Her eyes fill with concern as she notices the trainer and the two Pokemon standing so very awkwardly around the collapsed gunman. "What's..."

"Stay back, Lillie."

"Is he..."

"..."

Lillie takes a hesitant step closer and looks at the fallen man. His hazed, lifeless eyes stare back at her, and her hand immediately clasps against her mouth in horror.

"Lillie...we need to go."

"S-Sebastian..."

"We need to leave!"

The urgency and fear in his tone terrify her, and it's clear when she recoils. "I..."

Sebastian takes a deep breath as he stands, which proves a bit more difficult then he expected. Now is not the time... "We're going to go to the police, we're going to tell them everything." He forces his voice back to its normal, calm tone.

"O-okay..." Lillie nods slightly, her eyes still wide in horror. Sebastian extends a hand towards her and she's quick to grab onto it. This all feels so unreal, any minute now she'll wake up at the hotel and realize this was all a terrible nightmare, right? Please...

LinearAxel

Years
  • tumblr_oudvgdzMP01wxyzk0o1_250.png
    Sebastian Allender
    654.gif
    580.gif
    414.gif
    619.gif
    comfey.gif
    furfrou.gif

The Drowzee Detective

Sebastian and Lillie walked back to the town in silence, Furfrou and Eevee walking close by their sides, surveying every turn with untrusting eyes. Once they got to the station they were taken to separate rooms to give their statements, apparently this was protocol to make sure the two weren?t making up some farfetched tail and feeding off one another.

In the end, Sebastian couldn?t bring himself to surrender the gun, nor the strange Pokeball. A part of him wanted to speak to Jackson again before he handed the Pokemon over to anyone, just to be safe. As for the gun...it would probably be in his best interest to have one now. The thought sickened him, yes, and yet he knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that he and Lillie were on this team?s radar now. They were coming for Lillie guns blazing, and he...he should have one too. It?s just a matter of getting bullets...and becoming a good shot.

With that nightmare behind them (for now), they walked to the Pokemon center to get Lillie?s new Chingling healed. Nurse Joy took note of Lillie?s exhausted expression and offered her a room in the back to sleep in, which, after a little bit of coaxing from Sebastian, she agreed to do.

Sebastian sat on the center?s sofa for roughly six minutes before realizing how desperately he needed fresh air. He sent a short message to Lillie?s holocaster, telling her to message him back when she woke up, and left the center, Chance and Nebula staying close to him now.

---

?...They?re a menace to society!?

?You should be chasing them out of town!?

Sebastian rounds the street corner to see the source of the yelling: A group of people are standing outside the police station, all packed tightly around the doors, all shouting angrily.

?What?s going on here??? Sebastian murmurs. Had word gotten out about the body already? It?s then that a woman wearing a Ranger Uniform shoves her way through the crowd. She stands in the middle of the circle and begins shouting something that Sebastian can?t quite make out over the angry mob. Whatever it was it seems to work, since a moment later the crowd begins to back away, and slowly file away from the situation.

aa13d88e6cee745e5b587d055d6283f9.jpg

?Phew?? The Ranger sighs in relief. Now that Sebastian can see her he takes note that she?s wearing a hat similar to Simon, the Aura Guardian. Is she an aura guardian, or are those hats just a fashion statement he?s been missing out on? Along with the terrorist organization threatening to take over their region...

?You?re not from here, are you?? The woman asks, her grey eyes now looking towards Sebastian.

His body tenses as the realization creeps in on him that he is now the only person on the street, meaning she must be talking to him. ?I--?

?I can tell, because you have that look on your face that says ?I have no idea what?s going on.??

?...Guilty.? Though that?s such a strange way to put it.

?These Drowzee are coming into the town and luring kids away at night.? The ranger explains without missing a beat. ?Thing is, the kids come back a few hours later, and they?re not hurt at all, so the Drowzee aren?t vicious, and the station doesn?t want to hurt them, aaand that?s causing some...issues.?

?So they called in a ranger?? This doesn?t sound like Cinder?s work...not that he really knows enough about their plans to say such things, they just don?t seem like the type to let kids return unharmed...as he had just experienced.

?Bingo.? The blue haired ranger winks. ?Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this situation peacefully.? She walks towards Sebastian with a confident stride...everything about this woman exudes confidence, which is incredibly intimidating for someone who wouldn?t know confidence if it smacked him in the head.

?I?m Sasha. I take it you?re a trainer?? She sees the Furfrou and the Eevee sitting behind Sebastian and begins to lean down to greet them, though both Pokemon quickly take an apprehensive stance, and the ranger backs away.

?Careful, they?re...hostile around strangers.? Sebastian warns.

?I see?? Sasha frowns. ?You might not want to let your Eevee roam freely around these parts. With the Eevee population...not being here anymore, someone might be tempted to take her.?

?She?s not mine.? Sebastian explains. ?She belongs to a friend of mine, we...got separated, we?re meeting up tonight so I can return her.? There?s a sadness in his tone. Honestly he?s grown very fond of Nebula, and the idea of not having her tag along anymore saddens him the more he thinks about it.

Aw, poor guy looks so sad. He needs a distraction, pronto. ?You wanna help me out?? She asks, rather suddenly. ?I could use another pair of eyes to find these Drowzee.?

Sebastian bites his lip...If he says no, and one of these kids does end up getting hurt, he couldn?t forgive himself. ?If you think I can help.?

The eager Ranger leads Sebastian to a playground, where she crouches down into the bushes. ?All the reported kids have gone missing from here.?

Sebastian looks to the children running around the park, there?s so many of them, and not a parent in sight. ?You?d think they would keep a closer eye.?

?Too busy telling me how to do my job.? Sasha sighs in frustration before patting the bushes beside her. ?Sit down, I?ll show you what we?re looking for.?

When Sebastian sits, Sasha takes a small electronic device and pulls a group of pictures onto the screen. ?These are the kids that were reported missing. What do you think??

Sebastian looks at the photos and his eyes soon flicker with realization. ?They?re all wearing green??

?Yep. Wearing some shade of green, short, darker hair.? She surveys the park, eventually pointing to a young boy in a green t-shirt. His hair is a lighter shade of brown than the other pictured children, though it?s short enough to go along with the pattern.

?Keep an eye on him, I bet that?s the next target.?

He?s half tempted to ask the ranger if hiding in the bushes is really necessary, though he supposes the kids might be aware that something?s happening if a ranger was standing in the middle of the park, watching a kid play dodgeball. If the kids were to get unnerved and leave, it?s doubtful Drowzee will reveal itself.

Despite his best efforts, Sebastian finds it difficult to keep his attention on the kids. Those dead eyes staring into nothing were now burned into his mind, as was the gentle tick of a pulled trigger. He had no idea how he was going to pull himself together for that contest, though he felt he had to, for Lillie...a sense of normalcy, something...light and cheerful. Hell, if it wasn?t for that damned contest they wouldn?t have been down that route to begin with. Not going through with it now makes it all seem even more pointless.

?We?ve got something.?

?Hm?? Sebastian?s brought back to the real world when he hears Sasha?s voice. How long had he been drifting through the realms of his own thoughts?

Sasha points, and Sebastian follows her outreached hand with his eyes. The boy in green had stepped away from his group to get some water from the fountain, and was now stiffly walking towards the wooded area behind the park.

?We?ve got to follow him-- but not too close. If Drowzee gets spooked it might not take us to the right place.?

?Can you track him, Chance?? Sebastian asks the Furfrou, who had settled down between the bushes with his Eevee friend. The Pokemon slowly rises and sniffs the air, then motions with his head for the group to follow him.

Chance leads them into Route 7, down a winding road and through some tall grass, over an older looking bridge, until they found themselves at a tiny cabin. Standing at the door of said cabin was a Drowzee, which stood to attention as the first Drowzee approached, the child following stiffly behind. The two Drowzee converse for a moment before the waiting Drowzee, who appeared to be a slightly lighter color, used its confusion attack to open one of the cabin?s windows. A large picture frame eased out of the window and began floating beside the hypnotized child. Both Drowzee look to the picture, then to the child, then back to the picture, and the lighter Drowzee shakes her head.

The darker Drowzee hangs its head, heaving what seems to be a disappointed sigh before turning around and starting back down its path, the child in tow. As it walks away, the light Drowzee levitates the picture back into the cabin, shutting the window silently, and then standing on her toes so she can peer in, and heaves a deeply saddened sigh.

?We?ve got to see what?s on that picture.? Sasha states, and before Sebastian can speak, she?s bustling out of the tall grass and jogging towards the lighter Drowzee. She...is not a patient woman. Drowzee fumbles back at the sight of the sudden human, and then another. She looks fearful, though she only steps back a few feet from the window.

?Oh...no?? Sasha breathes as she peers through the window, prompting Sebastian to look over her shoulder. The picture inside the frame is a young boy wearing a green blazer, with slicked back, short...black hair. The frame stands on a small table, with a burning candle on each side, and small flowers laying around the frame.

It?s a memorial.

?He?s gone?? Sebastian whispers. ?And they?re looking for him??

?But...Drowzee?? Sasha turns her attention to the hesitant psychic type. ?He?s not out there for you to find...he...he died.?

Inside the house a young woman steps into the room; she?s clutching a tissue in her hand and seems completely oblivious to what is happening outside her home. She glances at the picture on her way to the kitchen and raises the tissue to her eye. Drowzee releases a mournful cry as the woman steps once more out of sight.

?...She?s your friend, huh?? Sasha asks. Drowzee nods. ?And you want her to be happy again.? Drowzee nods for a second time.

Sasha draws in a very deep breath. ?But, Drowzee--?

?Drow!? The Pokemon cuts her off.

?But, you can?t?? Sebastian attempts to reason, and he too is cut off. Drowzee shakes her head defiantly.

?They really think he?s still alive?? Sebastian frowns. Pokemon should be able to sense such things, especially psychic types. ?What should we do??

Sasha folds her arms as she thinks. ?Well...first, we should go back to town and explain the situation, before the townsfolk try to lynch Drowzee. After that...I might have to relocate them for a little while.?

Sebastian glances over to Drowzee. Once more she?s on her toes, looking into the window to watch her human friend, such sorrow in her little eyes. It?s a shame to separate them from someone who clearly means a lot to them, though if they keep trying to lead children here, the townsfolk really might decide to hurt them.

---

?This was a real downer, I?m sorry I brought you along.? Sasha admits as they walk across the old bridge. ?Honestly, I kinda thought the Drowzee were taking kids off to play, and it would be cute, and you?d brighten up.? He looked so down when she first saw him, he must really not want to give up that Eevee.

?It...wasn?t exactly a happy ending, but I?m glad to know no one?s in any danger.? This excursion didn?t end in someone?s dead body staring at him, so it wasn?t the...worst thing he had encountered today...and it did serve as a distraction from...darker things.

?Just hope it stays that way. No one?s going to be mad at Drowzee that just want to give their friend her son back, right?? Sasha pauses as she thinks about the answer to her own statement. Considering the way those people were acting earlier? ?I mean, that?s just cruel.? She gestures wildly with her arm, shoving her hand against a tree for emphasis...Those people were acting pretty cruel earlier.
    Tump?

A voice echoes from inside the tree, causing the Ranger to leap away from it. As she does, a Phantump phases out of the tree, clutching a piece of green fabric.

?Aww, hey, little guy. Did I wake you?? Sasha smiles at the little ghost.

?...Sasha?? Sebastian murmurs, raising his hand to point to the fabric the Phantump is clutching.

?Hm?? Sasha looks, though nothing seems to register. ?Where?d you get that, little buddy??

?Tum?? Phantump looks at the fabric sadly. He doesn?t seem to know where he got it, yet the way he?s clutching it shows it?s very important.

?It?s said that?? Sebastian shuffles on the balls of his feet nervously. ?Phantump are born from the spirits of children...who died in the woods.?

?...You mean???

?Perhaps the Drowzee think their friend is still alive...because they can still sense his spirit.?

?Oh, man?? Sasha stares at the little Phantump wide eyed.

?What should we do?? Sebastian asks uncertainly.

?...I?m...gonna take him back to that house.? Sasha decides after a moment?s hesitation. ?I?ll get Drowzee to clarify, and if it?s him...I?ll...explain it to his mom.? Phantump continues to float above their heads. The small ghost seems completely oblivious to what they?re saying, but grateful for the company all the same.

?Do you want me to come with you??

?No...I think I?ve eaten up enough of your time. Besides...this is gonna be super awkward.? Sasha laughs nervously. ?Maybe...the less people around the better.? She holds her hands up to the floating ghost. ?Hey, little friend. Wanna take a walk??

Phantump makes a happy sound as it floats down through Sasha?s arms, and then phases into her hat.

Sebastian can?t help the relief that floods through his chest when she decides to do this on her own. Telling someone their child has been reborn as a Pokemon...how does one even begin to handle that? ?Good luck, both of you.? He waves a short farewell as the Ranger begins back towards the cabin, then flashes a sad smile down at Chance and Nebula. ?Let?s...head back and get some rest.?

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• bbfB0eD.jpg

carrinady.carrinady.png

A man with a familiar, thick, white mustache stepped out into the center of the Parfum Palace ballroom as the intro music began to play at the behest of the Palace's own orchestra. He gave a beaming smile to all in attendance, the number significantly lower than Santalune due to the more expensive nature of the Parfum contest. However, the hundred or so present coupled with the camera crews waiting in all the right places made it just as exciting and witnessed an event as the first.

"Hello everyone! My name is Reginald Amour! A contest star in my own days, I am here to judge the contestants and welcome all of you to the third official contest of the Kalosian Grand Festival Qualifiers!" The crowd gave a smattering of polite applause and a few small cheers. The stage lights focused in on Reginald as the crowd grew quiet and the room grew dark apart from Reginald himself, radiating in a beam of light.

"As many of you already know, I hail from the Sinnoh region, just as tonight's guest judge does! Together we're scouting for someone with the potential to claim a new and prestigious title! The first Kalosian Contest King or Queen!" Once again the crowd expressed their approval, families and fans of particular contestants cheered and clapped as they prepared to watch their favorite up and coming star take to the stage.

"...so without further ado! I would like to introduce you to our guest judge this evening! The current contest queen of Sinnoh! Miss Platinum!"

The cheers were brought to a sudden quiet awe as sprinkling of snow and ice began to hover lightly over the contest stage, catching the light of the spotlight and reflecting in all directions, seemingly random at first, it became clear within moments that the ice was strategically placed, as the reflecting beams of light formed the outline of a large contest ribbon floating in the air. Just as the realization hit the crowd as to what was happening... the icy ribbon exploded into a beautiful sparkling mist and the lights immediately flickered off. Only to moments later flash back to life, illuminating the entire room and revealing a young woman with iconic outfit and hat, standing alongside her pok?mon Frosslass. Even this polite crowd gave an uproar of applause to such a breathtaking entrance

"Outstanding..." The professor muttered to Drew, whom sat at his table alongside Malorie. "She has truly earned her position has she not? It fills me with pride to know my students are aspiring to such heights."

As Platinum finished her bow, she graciously accepted the microphone from Reginald as Froslass began to skate beautifully around the ballroom and through the air as if the world was her ice rink..

"Good evening to all those present here from Camphrier town and beyond. I am Platinum of Sandgem Town and I shall be your guest judge this evening." She gave a slight curtsy to follow and the crowd gave another round of applause. "It is my greatest honor to assist in the selection of the first ever Contest Monarch of the Kalos region, I thank you dearly for having me here today and I am excited beyond words to witness what fantastic talent the region of light and love has to offer the rest of the world." The crowd gave a few small cheers and statements of agreement, for such a haughty bunch the response to Platinum was overwhelmingly positive.

Giving a gentle smile, Platinum gestured towards the double doors at the back of the room, the velvet railing stretched from the stage towards this entrance as just beyond was the room where the contestants would be mentally preparing themselves for the contest ahead.

"But enough of myself, Froslass." With a single words the ice type went to stand politely by the judges podium as Platinum herself moves to step behind the table set up for said judges, in order for them to get the best view of the proceedings.

"We welcome now, our first contestant to the Parfum Palace Contest Spectacular! Stand and perform to the best of your abilities and present yourself now-!"

Last edited:

Jay

Years
  • Nts5cMe.png

Current Team:
    haunter.gif
    teddiursa.gif
    houndoom.gif
    golbat.gif

Shooting Star
    Current Location : Parfum Palace - Ballroom

"The supposed underdog of the Santalune Contest, Mr. Jackson Crane!"

fab7b5243e67d260f831e3078e16ca91--tsundere-manga-games.jpg

The crowd gave a light smattering of applause as Jackson walked onto the stage, seemingly alone and without any pok?mon accompanying him. Without a word he slowly took the time to take out a cigarette, much to the crowds confusion. However before he could light it all of the lights turned off apart from a single spotlight focusing on the blonde haired trainer in the center. Closing his eyes he gave a small smirk and flicked the cigarette over his shoulder and into the air. The crowds eyes followed it with confusion, wondering just what was going on.

However as it disappeared into the darkness behind him... a sudden burst of flame consumed the small white stick, reducing it to ash that faded into the shadows. The audience gasped at the sudden noise and light that disappeared back into the shadow as quickly as it had began. Jackson smirked and reached a hand into the darkness. It seemed almost solid, like you could cut it with a knife, as nothing beyond Jackson himself in that shaft of light was visible, his hand seemed to be swallowed up, vanishing out of sight until it pulled back into the light.

In it, Jackson held his guitar... and without delay he began to play, the orchestra in the back blaring to life to back him up, just as planned.

As the first big riff hit, Jackson ran his hand downwards, suddenly a circle of red flame erupted around him... and darting the sky above the stage were countless small, ghostly purple flames igniting as one. As Jackson continued to play, each and every note resounded, causing the floating light to burst and flare in time with the music, as the circle of regular fire around him flickered and seemed to burn brighter with every movement.

Malorie was nearly beside herself with excitement as she tugged on the Professor's sleeve and pointed forward, the purple lights that dotted the room above shone like stars and created a faux night sky above the entire room. It was like they were all floating through space.

With another string of notes from his guitar Jackson watched as, while his music settled down and for a brief moment everything went quiet, the flames around him began to dim and the flaming purple stars above flared just a little brighter. He continued to play and play... until from his back a pair of bat like wings suddenly shot outwards, causing gasps and stirring motions from the enraptured onlookers.

Jackson took a moment to smile back at Wave, whom was clinging tightly to his back, ready to complete the performance. He could barely make out the silhouette's of Fang and Gaspar darting through the shadows... the combination of Fang's ember and Gaspar's night shade was able to hold the purple fire still in the sky... and with Wave's contribution it was time to bring the performance to an end with a spectacle.

Flapping her wings with all her might, Wave and Jackson shot up into the air, much like a certain Pidgeot, Wave began to dart around the arena, carrying Jackson in her grasp as he continued to play the spotlight following them as they went. As wave channeled her new power, an uproar of wind began to circle around the stage, the velocity of the air growing to a point where it was nigh razor sharp. The pair swiftly moved to the edge of the stage, where the flying type energy finally reached its peak. Everyone was focused and acting as one... it was time for the grand finale.

With one more blasting stroke of his guitar, the melody of the song carried along the rushing winds and Gaspar released his hold on the floating flame. Blown away by the sudden gale, each flaming star began to fall swiftly to the floor, carried in a sparkling trail as dozens of shooting stars began to drift over the stage. As they hit the wooden floor they burst into sparkling purple embers, carried by the now twisting vortex of wind to coalesce into the center... before the gale finally fizzled out, exploding the dust outwards in every direction, as the lights suddenly switched back on.

The floating glitter covered the performance area as Jackson was dropped by his pok?mon, sliding into position center stage, not letting the music drop for a second as Gaspar and Fang revealed themselves, floating overhead and bounding to their trainers side respectfully.

And finally... Wave joined the three by landing on Jacksons shoulders, giving a final screech of triumph in unison with Jackson's final note.

As the performance came to its climactic end the crowd began to cheer and clap graciously, giving Jackson all honors as he stood up... perhaps a little sheepishly? And began to make his way back to the contestant's room with his pok?mon.

...all the while Sycamore had to once again keep Malorie still in her seated position.

---

"An outstanding performance to start off the contest! Let's see what the others can offer up in response!" Platinum exclaimed over the audience, quieting their cheers for the next contestant.

"Now center stage, we have-!"

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

iBXT7IK.jpg

Years
  • Kade Andrews
    397.png
    662.png
    163.png
    021.png

?You clean up alright!? the young woman said. She?d been with the group of Sky Trainers earlier and had somehow managed to wrangle Kade into taking part in the contest in Parfum Palace. She apparently took part every year and had found it was a great way to work on some fancy flying and move combinations. Kade of course couldn?t refuse that. He also couldn?t remember the woman?s name. He?d have to do something about that at some point.

?Heh? thank you.? Kade said, smiling back as he looked at himself in a conveniently placed mirror. He had donned formal attire for the occasion as was required. In Kade?s case, that meant a simple charcoal grey suit and tie with his hair slicked back. He still wore his ring around his neck, but it was concealed beneath the pristine white shirt he?d gotten a hold of. None of the clothes were his. They?d been provided by one of the adrenaline junkies from earlier who was apparently a banker in Lumiose in his day-to-day life. In truth, Kade had never felt particularly comfortable in formal settings. They didn?t make him anxious or anything, but the subtleties of formal interaction had always eluded him somewhat. Like not forgetting nice people?s names.

?It?s really something this. Isn?t it?? the woman asked again, wearing an enthusiastic smile. ?It?s a completely different kind of atmosphere than anything else I?ve ever experienced.? Kade had to agree with that. He was in a large room, full to the brim with competitors talking in hush tones with each other or watching other performances on the large screens provided on either side of the room. Everyone was dressed to perfection and maintaining their most polite and pleasant demeanour. Despite this, the air was thick, heavy with stress and competition. Even Kade could feel the intensity in the palace. It was a little suffocating even to him, who didn?t have anything invested in his placing and who had taken about ten minutes to throw his performance together.

Every few minutes, an usher would direct one of the waiting competitors down a hall, ready to walk out onto the stage. Then the sound of a female voice would announce who they were and where they hailed from signalling the start of their performance. Kade would see the coordinators walk out into the vast golden ballroom onto the polished floor beneath a giant gleaming chandelier. They were separated for the distinguished looking crowd, seated around the room at large white-clothed tables, by a velvet roped barrier. Kade found himself becoming immersed in the performances. People came up with beautiful and intriguing performances that captivated he and the audience alike. Between that and the fierce atmosphere, he found for the first time he really understood why Brie and others found themselves walking the path of the coordinator. It wasn?t going to take the place of battling any time soon for Kade, but it really was quite the experience.

Time went by and soon Kade found himself standing in the hall behind a red curtain, the bright light of the ballroom?s chandelier just beyond in his eyes. He waited patiently for the moment when his name was called, letting his mind happily wander back to the other performances he?d seen so far. It was still early days, so he was glad he?d be able to join the audience soon without having to try not to miss his own performance.
    ?A wonderful performance.? Platinum?s voice came through the speakers around the room. ?With that, we move on to our next coordinator. From Laverre City in Kalos? north - Kade Andrews!? Kade shrugged to himself, assuming that was his queue to enter the ballroom. He walked out into the middle of the vast room beyond to the sound of polite applause and expect faces. Most people would have found this a nervous experience, but to Kade this was just a thing he was doing. He smiled and gave a bow before he withdrew two pokeballs from within his coat and pressed the central button, expanding them to their full size.

Kade tossed the two spheres into the air above his head and they burst open in a vigorous flash of white light. From the flash, Contrail and Stratus emerged and immediately began soaring around the allowed space in opposite directions in a majestic aerial display. From the centre of the performance, Kade gestured to each bird with a legitimate smile as the orchestra began playing exhilarating uptempo violin music, enjoying watching their graceful flight as much as or more than the audience. Kade let the birds pass each other as they flew around the stage area a few more times, each time narrowly passing just under or over the other. Then he gave his first instruction as they approached each other once more.

?Ember Contrail!? he called, the Fletchinder flapping his wings as he flew towards Stratus, releasing a stream of embers glowing a bright red orange in the direction of the other bird. The attack was soon halfway between the two avians, signalling the moment for the next part of Kade?s performance to begin. ?Quick Attack! He instructed with a flourish of his hand.?

Suddenly, both birds were a blur as they streaked directly through the Ember sweeping the attack up in their momentum and extending a billowing trail of fiery lights behind them. Suddenly they weren?t birds, they were comets with tails of blazing glitter as they hurtled around the room. Kade gave another small bow as much of the audience clapped. Then, he gestured with a raised hand and the the light dimmed, his Pokemon now casting a warm glow around the ballroom as they flew and the applause growing slightly before it faded away, the audience waiting for what would come next.

?Double Team!? Kade called, not quite loud enough for anyone other than his birds to understand what he said over the music. Suddenly, the air above the stage was occupied not just by Contrail and Stratus, but by a squadron of Stratus? illusory clones, each one with a brilliant fiery trail flowing behind them just as the original had. The stage now seemed to be filled with birds flying around in all different directions in a dome formation around Kade at high speed, darting past each other but never colliding, burning tails behind them turning the ballroom to sunset as they cast an orange light around the room. Shadows danced across the ceiling walls and floor, the entire ballroom now a part of Kade?s performance without him ever leaving the defined area. To the audience, it was as though they were seated in the middle of a lava lamp. The tempo of the music slowed, becoming slow and dramatic and beautiful. It was time for Kade to bring his presentation to a close.

He reached into his coat once more, withdrawing a third pokeball. He tossed into the air above him, and a flash of brilliant white light burst forth from between the armada around Kade revealing Nox.

?Feather Dance, Nox!? Kade said, grinning happily as the little Pokemon took centre stage. Nox swirled through the air within the dome created by Stratus and Contrail, filling it with shimmering feathers that spiralled around its interior around he and Kade as he did so. The feathers were bathed in yellow and orange light from the dim chandelier and Ember trails, rendering Nox awash with their glow as he danced through the air. The flickering shadows around the room now appearing as though birds were flying through a snowy sunset. No matter where the spectators looked, they had something to watch. Either an elegant aerial show over the stage, or cinematic shadows on the walls and ceiling. Kade raised his arms wide, making a show of it, beseeching the audience to take it all in and enjoy the scene his birds and put before them. Cheers and applause filled the room as Kade took his final bow.

Spoiler: Kade's Inventory
    - 1 Pok?dex
    - 500Pok?
    - 3 Potions
    - 2 Pok? Balls
    - 1 Flight Ball
    - Bug Bite (TM)
    - Aerial Ace (TM)
    - Sky Drop (TM)

Jay

Years
  • hWLAiPd.jpg

Current Team:
    charizard.gif
    sylveon.gif
    charizard.gif

Crimson
    Current Location : Parfum Palace - Ballroom

"Winner of the Lumiose Contest Opener and mysterious contestant of few words... the illustrious crimson!"

The doors to the hall burst open and two powerful orange pok?mon burst forth, the crowd was left in awe as they realized immediately what pok?mon stood before them. Charizard, two of them, standing back to back on center stage. One of them smooth faced and determined, the other with a scar over its left eye and a somewhat more grim expression. Following suit was a woman in a red and black dress, her orange eyes piercing forward like two concentrated flames as she slowly strut to center stage, every man and woman in the crowd following her enrapturing presence with their eyes... and then the band began to play.

Immediately Crimson spun in place and fell backwards with arms outstretched, the crowd gasped as it looked like we was going to fall... but before she could hit the ground both Charizards shot jet's of of hot air beneath her and she rose upwards on the heat, flipping elegantly and outstretching a leg skywards as she began to plummet, the scarred Charizrd burst into the air, catching her by the leg and spinning with what seemed to be a weakened version of a seismic toss.

She was sent flipping through the air, spinning once, twice thrice in complete calm and elegance, nobody even noticed when she disconnected a third pok?ball from her belt as she fell... and upon landing gracefully in a standing position she spun in place tossing it outwards, her movements flowing like water as both Charizards took to the air, circling above their trainer as she summoned her third pok?mon.

In a burst of white light a Sylveon stood in place upon the stage, its perfectly groomed hair and determined expression a spectacle in their own right.

Running forward once more, Crimson cartwheeled into a standing jump where she caught the outstretched claw of her Charizard, circling around the arena as if rappelling along a pre-determined track. With a snap of her fingers she began to flip and climb her way upwards, all the while both charizards released a stream of flame in a perfect diameter along their circular track, picking up speed as they went to create what was almost a floating disc of fire using their joined flamethrowers... while at the center of this burning platform a ball of flame began to grow larger and larger.

It was then that Sylveon entered the performance, giving a sonorous melody with its voice it summoned a pink and glistening fair wind. Its control over the fairy type attack was night masterful, as she used it to lift herself into the air, strutting along the open air with such a convincing set of movements that it almost appeared as if she was walking up a staircase that simply didn't exist. With another cry of authority the wind began to flow swiftly into the floating disc of flame... as both Crimson and Sylveon leaped onto the platform causing the crowd to shriek out in fear that they would be burned.

Yet their feet never even touched the fire.

As Sylveon landed she combined her wind walking technique with a well placed light screen, creating a sparkling pink top to their self created airborn stage. As they both landed upon it they employed a variety of gymanstic's, rolls, flips and throws assisted by the lifting fairy wind to create a display that was truly eye catching, every step upon the light screen platform caused it to shimmer and pulse at the point of impact, which the Charizard's roaring flames beneath flared to life... the orb of fire at the center growing steadily larger and more powerful as the heat began to build up in strength and force.

When the light screen gained a slight crack in the center, unable to contain the heat, Crimson knew it was time. Rushing forth and placing Sylveon upon her shoulders, Crimson leaped upwards as all the lights went dim, only the shimmering light screen and roaring flames illuminating the stage. The fairy wind swirled around Crimson as she lifted her arms skywards and Sylveon rose higher... channeling every ounce of her fairy type energy into her strongest attack.

A powerful moonblast began to shine brightly above the two to rival the strength of the coalescing flames below... an artificial sun and moon granted powerful illumination that surpassed that of the original stage lights themselves.

"Now." Crimson spoke plainly, no emotion in her voice as she pivoted forward flipping in an arc as Sylveon did same, moving to follow her trainers outstretched hands and dragging the moonblast with her... with a shattering crash the light screen exploded into fragments and the ball of flame rose upwards, only to meet the Moonblast and explode in a barrage of dazzling light, nigh blinding the awestruck viewers.

...and when the light faded, from the darkness there was silence... until a single spotlight burst to light, revealing that Crimson stood alone in the center stage, all of her pok?mon returned.

The crowd burst into cheers and applause, seemingly forgetting the nature of the event as Crimson took a solemn bow and began to walk off stage. Even Platinum gave a round of applause as the performance came to an end.

---

"Already we see some incredibly fierce competition at the Parfum Contest this evening, let's hope our next Contestant can keep the excitement going, please welcome to the stage-!"

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ms5bx6i.jpg

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    4BFfcOj.png
    Drew Tucker
    chespin.gif
    feebas.gif

If the Shoe Fits
    Parfum Palace - Ballroom

Courtesy of Paige's enforced makeover, Drew was feeling a hell of a lot more confident as he stepped into the halls of Parfum palace. He was still wearing the white tuxedo, now adorned with the striped gold tie through the middle. While slinging the blazer over his shoulder and fixing his tie were brilliant ideas, the niggling feeling around his waist area suggested that tucking his shirt in was the least favourable of her suggestions. He had to match her standards though. The silky emerald ballroom dress that she'd arrived in completely blew him away. When she suggested she go shopping and they meet back at the entrance to Palais Lane, he hadn't imagined she was going to get all fancied up for the contest. They weren't even competing. It made sense in all fairness, it was going to be hosted at some high decor palace, she wasn't going to show up in her denim jacket.

The palace itself was stunning. They had strolled leisurely enough to appreciate Palais Lane and the gardens in all their natural beauty, but they didn't quite compare to the true lavishness of the palace. It truly put Larry to shame. The ensemble of the marble halls, the glistening gold statues and the silky red carpets all came together for a truly breathtaking construct. The duo stepped into the ballroom. There layout was as refined as one would expect from such an establishment. Tables sat in rows across the venue, making it seem more like a sophisticated meal than a contest, but beautiful none the less. If Drew didn't know any better, he would've said he was at a wedding reception rather than a contest hall.

As Drew idly gawked at the spectacle, Paige grabbed his hand and dragged him through the aisle, stopping at a few empty seats near the front. "I had my father reserve me seats near the front. I've been excited for this thing for a while." She smiled as she slipped into a chair and sat down.

Drew took one more glance around the room. Besides the setting itself being exquisite as it was, Drew was more focused on trying to pick out a few familiar faces. Amongst the crowd though, he couldn't make out anyone he knew just yet. Many people were yet to actually take their seats, instead engaging in idle conversation, while standing protectively behind them like guards. He was expecting at least a couple of his classmates from the academy to be attending the event, but there was far too many people to pinpoint anyone. That was...until he sat down. He imagined if no one from the academy was there, he wouldn't see anyone he cared to talk to, but just a table away, he noticed the instantly recognisable mop of one Augustine Sycamore. He wasn't sure what he was doing at a contest though, but it may have been worth saying hi, even if just to look like he fit into such an event. "Hey, professor, what brings you so far out? Didn't take you for much of a contest guy." Drew stepped over to the table, attentively standing at the edge like one would expect a waiter to, with his hands behind his back.

"Ahh! Drew Tucker in the flesh, oui. You are not the type I would peg for such an event either no?" The professor responded, standing up from his seat with a chuckle and rather firmly shaking the young mans hand. "But are you aware of how many of my students are performing today? Laurent, Dylan, Brielle and Kade... just to name a few. How could I bear to miss it?" A young girl piped up from the table whom Drew may not have recognized, her long chestnut hair swept around her like a mantle and her vibrant purple eyes looked up at the young man with curiosity, before turning to the Professor once more. "You mustn't forget Jackson, Augustine... he's the reason I myself am here after all." Sycamore let out a soft sigh in response. "Merde... Jackson Crane in a contest for the second time! What a surprise no? Though I suppose with his performance last time and the somewhat unfair disqualification, it would make sense that he is not willing to throw in the towel, as they say..."

Drew glanced down at the girl for a moment, before glancing back up at Sycamore. "I suppose not, I was kinda roped into it myself." He sighed, pointing back at Paige, who was deep in conversation herself. "Honestly, out of that list I'm pretty surprised to hear Jackson and Kade are entering the thing. Doesnt really suit those two either. I honestly didnt believe you when you said Jackson was competing in the one in Santalune. He really seems...different than I remember him."

"Aha just so my young friend, different than you remember him." Sycamore chuckled, patting Drew on the shoulder. "He is not this big, scary cretin he makes himself out to be... he is big yes, admittedly somewhat scary... but a cretin not so much." Malorie squinted up at Sycamore from the table and he gave an awkward laugh in response. "Yes, no, I should suppose he is not so scary either, not at all." Malorie gave a pleased grin and Sycamore let out a sigh of relief. "I suppose I should introduce you... Mr. Tucker, this is Malorie Crane, Jackson's younger sister."

Malorie smiled up at Drew and gently took his hand in a light shake. "Ahh, so you're another of my brothers classmates... I do hope you're a pleasant sort, he tends to get involved with the wrong crowd..." She paused before shaking her head in self denial. "No no, I'm sure you must be nice... after all you have such a pretty date! I saw you two come in together." She finishes, nodding gently towards the girl at Drew's table, adorned with black hair and a pretty expression.

"Date, huh?" Drew blushed, not even bothering to argue at this point. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you Malorie, I didnt expect Jackson to have a sister for some reason. As for the Jackson not being scary stuff, I'm gonna need you to speak for yourself on that one." He chuckled nervously, acknowledging the look she gave to Sycamore when he insisted Jackson was scary. It was as if inducing fear ran in the crane family. Size on the other hand...not so much. He was truly surprised to see the petite frame of Jackson's younger sister, given what he knew of her older brother. "Say, if you're brother's supposed to be here, how come he's not with you?"

She blinked once, twice, tilting her head at Drew in confusion. "As Augustine said... Jackson will be competing in the contest. He's most likely preparing for his performance in the contestants lounge." She turned back as a waiter finally arrived with the starter she had ordered and Sycamore resumed his conversation. "So what of you Drew? How have you been doing since our last meeting?"

"Well I can promise there's been less police involvement for starters." He chuckled, only realising that wasnt quite true after he'd said it.

"Hey Drew, we nee-professor Sycamore?" Paige began before seeing the familiar face. "Long time. I see you're treating yourself well." she smiled.

"Ahh Miss Paige! How wonderful to see you again, he gently took her hand and kisses the top with a formal gesture. "Must keep up appearances at such an event no? Still I see you have come with one of my students? How exactly is it that you two met one another?"

"Santalune city contest actually." Paige chuckled nervously in response. "It's a funny story, but probably best saved for another time." She had considered telling the professor the full truth, but a couple of teens tampering with such large scale business may not have gone down so well. Noticing the girl beside him, she gently tapped her shoulder and extended a hand. "I don't believe we've met, might you be one of the professor's assistants?" She asked with a smile.

"Hmm?" Malorie turned away from the spectacle of Platinum's performance to see the girl behind her. "Oh? Well, yes I suppose you could say that." She smiled and shook the girls hand gently. "I'm Malorie Crane, my brother is competing in the contest this evening."

"You two should join us! Come, sit sit..." The professor insisted, pulling two empty seats out from the table and all but pushing Drew into one. "When friends meet at such things it is rarely coincidence. We must watch the show together, oui?"

With little resistance against the professor's insistence on them sitting together, Drew and Paige quickly found themselves in new seats away from the ones her father had reserved for her. "I hope your brother does well then." Paige smiled to Mal, in an attempt to reignite a conversation that had been stuttered by the professor's enthusiastic suggestions.

As the two sat down, another man approached the table. The first thing that struck Drew about him was the wheelchair. He like everyone else, was dressed for the occasion, but he seemed so nonchalant in the way he carried the outfit. Most wore their clothes with pride, holding a glass of wine for show or lacing it with fancy lining, he had none of that. Just a suit, a tie and some trousers, but looked far from out of place. He slipped past a few, who had now found their seats in the wake of Platinum's announcements, finally arriving at their own table. "Apologies professor, I should have considered that the palace might not have disabled restrooms." He said, the same nonchalant expression and tone one may have expected on first glance. There was a hint of defeat in his tone as he mentioned the disabled restrooms, but an underlying and unyielding resolve in spite of his tone carried beneath the surface. "I must say, with such an extravagant venue, one could be forgiven for expecting a contest that rivals that of the grand festivals, wouldn't you say?" He continued, almost amused by his own suggestion.

"Ahh, Victor, good to have you back with us." The Professor mused as he too sat, watching the festivities finally get underway. "Platinum is known for her elegance and extravagance, she has certainly not disappointed me or anyone I would wager... ahh! But where are my manners?" He gestured to Drew and Paige, whom now sat to his left. "I believe introductions are in order no? This is Drew Tucker, a student of mine... and his date for this evening, Paige I'm sure you don't mind introducing yourself to my colleague here?"

Paige glared at Drew at the mention of a 'date'. She then turned Victor, offering a gentle smile and her hand in greeting. "Pleasure, I'm Paige." She blinked for a second after introducing herself. "You look familiar, have we met?" She furrowed her brow.

"I'm sorry Miss Paige, but if we have I certainly dont remember you. Perhaps you were very young." The man Sycamore referred to as Victor responded, he did seem a little taken aback by the girl's enquiry, but still maintained his calm. "I have indeed met your father though. He speaks fondly of you. Personally, I'm a big fan of research in reversing engineering the effects of fossilisation. Are you familiar with your father's work?" He asked, a twinkle in his eye as he brought up the topic of science.

"I've taken mild interest. I'm far from a scientist, but I know how much my father's research means to him. I try my best to show some interest." She smiled weakly.

"I see, it's certainly positive to see a young lady your age taking an interest in things for the good of others." He finally broke his plain expression for a smile of his own. "It reminds me of the interest young Malorie takes in her brother's dream. It's certainly inspiring."

"Oh... heh, it's hardly his dream I'd say..." Malorie murmured scratching the back of her head awkwardly. "It's... well, it's not really my place to say I suppose but..." Malorie trailed off, looking down sadly for a moment before perking up and smiling brightly forward. "Jackson is doing what he's doing to get money for my treatment... he wants nothing more than for me to be well enough to follow in his footsteps you know? I'd be a bad sister if I wasn't inspired by my brother going to such amazing lengths for my sake." She turned to Victor and gave a small nod of affirmation. "You know as well as I do that it can be hard for us with disabilities, right Victor? That's why I think it's so very important to work with everything we have for the sake of the people who try so hard for us."

Victor took a moment to ponder what Malorie had just said, prompting Drew to take the opportunity to interject. "So you're saying Jackson is doing all this for you?" Drew reeled back, almost remorseful as he reconsidered all the misconceptions he'd had of Jackson up to that point. Not only that, but it made his own dreams seem pretty shallow by comparison. "Man...that really puts things into perspective. Kinda feel like an ass now." He grumbled leaning down into his arms, which he'd planted on the table.

Malorie smiled awkwardly in response. "Well... yeah I suppose it is all for me, kind of embarrassing when I think about it though, heh..." Her smile gradually becomes genuine, however, as she thinks back on the life she and Jackson had had together. "Things used to be really rough for us... honestly if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here right now."

"I have my doubts about that." Victor interjected, watching the stage intensely as Jackson took the stage for his performance. The group fell silent as they looked between Victor and the stage, except Mal. She stared up at her brother in sparkling admiration. Within a few moments, the lights flicked off, but Victor continued to speak as they all watched Jackson's performance. "You shouldn't consider what your brother does for you as 'the only reason you're here'. Your disability was bestowed upon you as a handicap. Your will without such a crutch would've carried you much further than your brother could ever believe already." He checked to ensure Malorie was listening. She hadn't looked away from her brother since the performance began.

As the performance ended however, she turned to look upon Victor with slight confusion. "Yes, I admit... most likely were I not dealt this lot in life, I would've done much more in my own right but..." She smiled gently at him, giving him a look as if she finds what he says to be almost silly in context. "It's not as if I can change what faith gave me initially... I struggle and do the very best with what I was given... and Jackson gives everything he can to help me reach my goals. He fights so that one day this... crutch, as you call it... won't have to hold me back anymore. I believe in that ideal... and I'll fight with him to see it achieved."

"I hope it goes well for you." He conceded. "Many havent been as lucky to be protected from the insights I've been forced to pick up on in my life. I've never met Jackson myself, but I struggle to believe there's never been a period where he's seen your handicap as cumbersome. As something that has held him back, and you've been forced to be that hurdle to overcome." He added, a hint of resentment in his tone.

Paige turned to defend Malorie at the suggestion that her handicap was cumbersome, but the look in the older girls eyes said it all. She was confident in her response.

Malorie looked at Victor, but there was no anger or hurt in her eyes, only a different kind of sadness. "I'm truly sorry for whatever it is you've experienced to give you a false insight to a world you feel has never accepted you..." She pauses. "I do not know what you have suffered Victor, but I feel remorse for you at that comment... to see the world through such a pained and broken perspective must be a painful life indeed. I know Jackson has seen it as a burden, I too have seen as such... because a burden it is. Neither of us see it as anything else and neither of us would attempt to lie to ourselves that it was otherwise." She nodded and smiled again, a genuine kindness in her expression. "But the nature of it is not the point... what matters is that as a family we look to overcome it together, in that pursuit I feel no less privileged than anyone else. I hope you can understand that."

"Indeed I do. You've inspired me yet again Malorie." Victor finally smiled truly. "If your brother truly is how you describe him, you both deserve to achieve your dreams." He picked up his fork, and began to eat his food as the next contest stepped onto the stage. "Kade Andrews...I remember seeing him in Lumiose. A fine turn of events." He mused as he chewed.

feat. Professor Sycamore, Malorie Crane & Victor Marsden

Inventory
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years

• Dylan Graham

happiny.gif
    floette.gif
    treecko.gif
    fletchinder.gif
    furfrou.gif
    fomantis.gif

"Third place contestant of the Santalune City contest, Dylan Graham!" A voice announced over the hall. Dylan walked slowly to the center of the stage and stopped, looking all around at the crowd. He bowed, then pulled off his mask he had worn for his last contest.

Spoiler:

He threw it down and stomped on it, crushing the fragile white material. He smiled, showing off his face, his whole face. He threw his arms up in the air, and all at once many things sprang into action.

A singular pink pokeball flew into the air and released a floette which held a gracidea blossom, while a treecko beamed into existence below Dylan, and music began to play.

Spoiler:

Dylan caught the pink pokeball, and then did a backflip, landing onto a patch of grass which sprang into existence under him, Gracidea using grassy terrain. He then continued to flip across the stage, spreading the grass around until the stage was covered completely.

Noel, Dylan?s treecko, charged up an energy ball in the center of the platform, which glowed bright green above her head, energy swirling and pulsing with the music. Gracidea started to chant in her tiny voice, symbols beginning to circle the orb of energy in rings, the rings themselves turning in patterns and pulsing with a white light in time with the orb.

Dylan smiled as Noel used Mega Drain splitting the orb into multiple smaller versions, and floated them all around the stage. Gracidea used fairy wind to buffet the orbs with sparkles and air, until they all burst suddenly and covered the grass, causing flowers and plants to burst forth from the stage. Dylan picked a flower and smelled it. It and the rest of the flowers on the stage matched the one in his hair that Laurent had given him in the garden.

Gracidea used wish, calling a bright white light down from the ceiling which floated lazily down, illuminating the stage dimly. Noel tilted her head back and shot a dragon?s breath, spewing forth a purplish multi-colored mist which swirled around the wish light and caused it to sparkle with a rainbow light. Dylan sprinted full-speed towards the orb, flipping into the air just before he reached it, a fairy wind propelling him into the air and holding him in a floating position above Gracidea.

He wave playfully at the crowd, and then dropped his shiny stone, which sparkled in the light of the mini sun they had created. It fell, almost as if in slow motion, the fairy wind slowly parting around it until its surface came into contact with the gracidea blossom and caused the pokemon to glow with a bright light. Gracidea used magical leaf and petal blizzard at the same time, as Dylan floated down to the ground. The result was a vortex of petals and leaves which obscured him underneath with his pokemon, while Noel added a dragon breath to the tornado, making it sparkle with a purple aura.

Dylan?s voice rang out from inside the vortex, filling the hall with one simple sentence. ?Everything has beauty inside, you just have to know how to let it out.?

Spoiler:

And suddenly the vortex went still, revealing a beautiful new Florges, which had fused with its gracidea flower to create a unique pokemon nobody in the entire hall had ever seen before. He bowed, and Dylan grinned from ear to ear. He held his arms into the air, and morphed the faux-sun into the shape of a moon, fairy wind rustling the grass and bushes that had grown across the stage. In a blinding flash of light the stage was wiped clean of the foliage, the moon melting into a beam which cleared everything in its path.

All that was left was Dylan and his two pokemon, who returned to their pokeballs in a flash as Dylan launched their balls into the air catching them on their way back down. He bowed, and walked off stage with a spring in his step.

Years
  • Lillie

?An outstanding performance from our most recent competitor. Now please welcome to the stage Lillie who hails all the way from the Alola Region on the other side of the world. We eagerly await your presentation.? Platinum?s voice filled the room once more, carefully rehearsed so she never sounded tired of the task at hand.

The lights dimmed dramatically, a spotlight now on centre stage, reflecting slightly off the edge of the chandelier and making the crystals glitter. For a few long moments, nothing happened. Nobody walked onto the stage. A few people began to look around the room confusedly, others began to think the competitor had bailed. Then suddenly, a blonde girl in a simple summery white and blue dress appeared in the middle of the stage under the spotlight, holding a strange nebulous Pokemon in her arms, a Brionne clutching her leg and a Chingling perched on her shoulder. The stunned audience clapped as she took them in with a nervous glance and gave a curtsy. Then her performance began, and in command of her Pokemon the nerves suddenly disappeared.

?Brionne, Aqua Jet and Bubble Beam!? Lille called cheerily as the spotlight was joined by a few more, expanding the ring of light on the floor. The Brionne was encased in shimmering blue water and began rocketing around Lillie and her other two Pokemon, eventually meeting the tail end of its own torrent and forming a ring. As it did so, large shining bubbles began to flow out from the ring of surging water into the air around them, illuminated by the spotlight. ?Chingling, Confusion please.? Lillie added.

Suddenly, an eerie blue light encased the bubbles. They ceased to raise up and instead began to slowly move around the stage as the Brionne came to a halt by Lillie?s side. In the next instant, Lillie and her Pokemon were no longer on the ground. Each of them were riding on one of the slowly rotating bubbles gleefully, balance perfect in a practiced and polished performance. The crowd applauded the display, excited to see what Lillie would do next.

?Flash Cannon, Nebby!? she instructed, the strange cloudy Pokemon bouncing up and releasing short bursts of a dazzling white beam from its mouth, destroying the bubbles as it struck them and sending a shimmering rain down to the floor. Brionne and Chingling bounced across the bubbles over and under the beam, narrowly avoiding it in an acrobatic display as the number of bubbles disappeared. ?Chingling, you know what to do.? she continued with a trusting smile as her own bubble moved to centre stage and began to expand. The last few other bubbles disappearing, all three of her Pokemon came to rest on the now giant, fragile central bubble. All three sank down into it suddenly, floating with in - Lillie in the very centre as her Pokemon moved around her. The bubble slowly descended until it touched the ground and burst into a second glittery spray as the spotlight shrunk down onto Lillie where she now stood with her Pokemon in the same position she had started. Then suddenly, they were gone from the stage. The crowd began to enthusiastically applaud and cheer.​

789.png

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • The Scent of Flowers
    ~**Blossom**~

"Coming up next, please welcome to the stage... Emma Kuzunoha!"

Jeanette_Fisher.png

Emma came next on the stage, with her entrance greeted by cheery blossom leaf pedals. She wore the traditional dress of a miko which was light-red, with green long hakama that started with the upper base of her waist. She also wore white socks and rice straw sandals. All that together, wearing a dark-purple wig. She was greeted with the crowd cheers and applause as she took a traditional bow, greeting them all.

She spun around, twisting the cherry blossom pedals around her, as she then got out two of her pokeballs from her hakama belt, sending out two of her Pok?mon: Vida the Roselia and Linde the Eevee both came out, gracefully landing on the ground as the cheery blossom leaf pedals began falling to the ground. Emma raised her right hand.

Vida the Roselia started to twirl around performing a Leaf Storm move, having a few green leaves dancing around with the cherry blossom leaves. Linde the Eevee then started to run around the stage withh Quick attack, as the leaves twisted and blew around the stage over, and over, until Linde stopped, having the all leaves high in the air. She then performed a Swift move, sending barrages of stars right to where the leaves are. The stars were small, yet they sparkled with a brilliant twinkle. When they collided with the leaves above, the stars left the leaves sparkle with a brilliant golden hue as they all slowly decent towards the stage floor.

But that was just the greeting. The two pokemon both took bows of their own, signalling that they were ready to begin.

"It's time for the stage to be ready," Emma announced. "Vida, Leech Seed! Linde, assist her with Helping hand!" Vida slowly raised her two small grass arms up towards her head, as Linde stepped towards her, gently placing her right paw upon her. Vida and Linde both cooled upon each other and smiled as Vida's leaves that extended from her arms, both glowed a modest pure green, then blue, then a light yellow, and then red. All colours of the rainbow. She then raised her arms forward, releasing a few amount of tiny seeds from her epaulette-like leaves.

The seeds scattered separately across the stage, quickly sprouting vines. The vines grew larger, and larger, growing around the stage. Soon, the vines grew stems, where flowers started to bloom. The flowers were all different colours, and different species. Roses, daises, azaleas... various types of flowers bloomed, until Emma and her two pokemon were in a stage, surrounded by flowers.

"Oh my! The power of Leech Seed from Helping Hand has turned stage into a colourful and beautiful flower garden!" the announcer announced. "Such a stunning display of skill and-- oh! What's this?!"

Some more vines with grew, starting to wrap around Emma, until she was entirely encased, like a cocoon. The audience became stunned as then, the cocoon started to sparkle and glow. The green encasing was shed off, revealing a very large, budded-up rose. Then the rose started started to bloom, slowly opening. When it was fully opened after a few seconds, Emma was shown once again, this time with a different outfit, and hair colour.

6cf3dadb9adb58fc36246de397378660.jpg

"O-Oh! What's this?!" the announcer gasped. "It looks like Emma blossomed with the flower, now looking like a princess!" Emma was wearing a sharp white dress, seemingly took off her indigo wig revealing her real hair. She was also holding a violin with her right hand. The giant rose she was in dissipated all around her feet. She stood right on the center of it.

"Now... the real show will begin," Emma addressed. She gently closed her eyes, as she poised the violin, ready to play. Her two pokemon looked on, as Emma soon begun to play.

Vida the Roselia then started to perform a large water-sport move. The water droplets all were sent to the air. She then used her Mega Drain move, releasing green aura-like energy which surrounded the water droplets. The green aura controlled by Roselia was skillfully operated in reverse, formulating the water droplets in the air into one huge water droplet. Linde the Eevee then quickly ran and jumped towards it, performing a swift Tail-Whip right to it. Her light-tan tail hit against the large droplet, causing it to disperse into many lightly colored bubbles of a greenish-hue. The bubbles scattered across the room, allowing the audience members to come in contact with them.

"Mommy look! The bubbles are close!" one audience member - seemingly a child said cheerfully. He went out to touch a bubble, but missed as the bubble went right to the tip of his nose, popping gently, releasing a small green sparkle. He giggled as that happened, enjoying the moment.

For the finish, Linde Eevee released a Swift attack, which danced around the stage. Vida the Roselia then used her Stun Spore to the air, covering each star with gold powder. The stars eventually all collided, causing an explosion of grand golden fireworks of two distinct shapes - one firework was shaped like the head of a Roselia, and one was patterned to be the shape of an Eevee. As the sparkles came down, the three performers performed one final bow as the audience cheered.

---

Pokemon in hand:

roselia.gif
    lucario.gif
    eevee.gif
    arcanine.gif

LinearAxel

Years

• tumblr_out44cEras1wxyzk0o1_250.png

Sebastian Allender

A Dream With Opened Eyes

654.gif
    580.gif
    comfey.gif
    furfrou.gif

The inside of the palace was absolutely extraordinary. Despite the setback caused by the Drowzee, Sebastian still managed to make it to Parfum Palace with a few hours to prepare for the contest. He decided to devote part of that time to walking the grounds, allowing his Pokemon to get the lay of the land. Their stroll through the palace led them to the garden, which caused little Fiore?s heart to soar. The fairy type flits from flower patch to flower patch, picking up a fallen rose and attaching it to his vines.

Sebastian manages a sad smile. While he and Lillie had come to the conclusion that their attacker was all talk, and that Cinder was not lurking behind every corner of the palace, it still hovers over his mind that a stray shot could ring out at any moment, bathing this beautiful palace in blood. With that weighing on him, it?s impossible to feel the same awe that his Comfey currently feels.

?Bas? That you?? A familiar voice calls, causing Sebastian to turn back to the castle entrance. Leaning against the doorway is a nearly unrecognizable Peri: She?s wearing a skirt, and a shawl...and heels...he sort of figured those combat boots were fused to her feet.

?Peri??

?Thought so. I saw that red hair and thought ?guy looks good.? Man, I do good work.? She grins as she walks closer to Sebastian. ?So, what?s up? Don?t tell me you?re going to give the contest a go.?

Sebastian looks to the nearby rosebush. ?I??

?Woah, wait, really?! Dude, I was kidding! You?re really going for it??

Sebastian nods.

?Oooh boy. Okay. We?ve got three hours, I can do this.? Peri nods to herself.

?Excuse me?? Sebastian blinks.

?Well, you?re not going on stage looking like this! They?ll boo you off the stage! You think I?d be wearing this getup if it wasn?t necessary??

?I?m sorry, there wasn?t room in my bag for dress robes.? He murmurs.

?No worries. I?ve got some stuff in my truck-- just in case.? As a seasoned performer, it?s her job to help out the next generation. She might need to bust out her tailoring skills, but she?s certain she can make him look stunning.

?You drive around with contest clothes in your truck??
    ?Only when I?m going to watch a contest. There?s always some newby that could use an experienced helping hand.? She winks, then looks down to the white fluffball that?s roaming the garden. He looks way better than the last time, but going into a contest with an untrimmed Furfrou is pretty much a performing sin.

?Listen up, Bas.? She puts her hand on Sebastian?s shoulder, completely unaware that she?s making him flinch...or she simply doesn?t care. ?We?ve got three hours. I can make you look like a star, and you gotta make Chance look like one. Got it??

---

Those three hours truly flew by. Watching Peri dart around, and concentrating so hard on Furfrou?s grooming were a welcome distraction. He remembered his mother once saying that being on stage was freeing.

When those stage lights hit you, they block out the rest of the world. No matter what was happening before, all that matters then and there is you and your Pokemon. Everything else melts away.

?This one?s for you, mother?? She loved performing, and yet she couldn?t bring herself to do it after his father lost his sight. Sebastian breathes in deeply as he tucks his hair into the hat Peri had found for him. A feather-soft touch brushes against his stomach, earning a small smile as he looks down to his Ducklett. ?And of course you, Svana.? He strokes the Ducklett?s back with his finger. ?Are you ready for your debut??

?Lett!? She hops around his dresser in excitement.

?Wonderful...we?re next.? Deep breath. They can do this.

----

?Please welcome our next newcomer, all the way from Fuchsia City, Sebastian Allender!?

The stage lights flickered off while Sebastian and Fiore stepped into position. As the lights slowly dimmed to life, Fiore used Petal Blizzard; elegant petals swirling around a shadowed figure. A spot light bursts to life, bringing life to the form of Sebastian, dawned in a tuxedo, top hat and a slender mask, with Selkie by his side.

Cue the Music

Spoiler:

They turn to the judges and bow, Sebastian removing his hat, turning it over, and sweeping it across his chest. That?s when Svana flies out of the hat, her wings sparkle as she twirls into the air, making her grand entrance. Never before has a Ducklett looked so confident, so thrilled to be present in a situation. She flies to the right side of the stage as her body, like her wings, begins to sparkle with a vibrant gold. She waves her wings in a dance-like motion as glowing feathers join the dancing petals wafting through the air.

As she makes her way towards the right, Sebastian places his hat back atop his head, then elegantly brushes his left arm outward, directing Selkie towards the left side of the stage. Braixen ignites her branch as she dances that way, and twirls said branch like a flaming baton.

With both Pokemon in position, Fiore ceases his Petal Blizzard. Sebastian retrieves a Pokeball from his belt loop and tosses upward. The Pokeball bursts open in mid air, giving shape to a Chance, who tucks his body inward and does a few flips on the way down. He gracefully lands center stage, the vibrant purple of his newly dyed coat glistening under the stage lights.

Spoiler:

In the end, Sebastian decided against shaving any part of his Furfrou. In the time they had spent together, he had noticed a natural elegance in the untrimmed Furfrou, which he hoped to highlight with a gentle tidy up, and a hair dye that would match Braixen?s painted branch.

Fiore flies to Chance, draping himself around the Pokemon?s neck like a lei. Chance looks to the audience and uses Charm, which takes the form of small, red hearts that drift elegantly into the audience. Fiore, in turn, uses Draining Kiss; tiny, glowing pink hearts that drift alongside the red ones as they sail over the audience?s chairs.

Once the hearts are cast, Fiore uses Helping Hand, and a soft, white energy begins to cover Chance. Sebastian makes a sweeping gesture with his right arm, directing the attention to Svana, who sends out a water pulse: The shimmering rings of water flies down towards Chance, and the poodle Pokemon leaps straight through the center of one, then the second, third, and another spiralling leap through the fourth.

From the other side of the stage, Selkie points her branch like a wand, using a Fire Spin that swirls in a similar circular motion. As the flames grow close, Chance fearlessly leaps through them, easily leaping through the first, then the second, ending with a small spiral as the Fire Spin comes to a stop, returning him to the center of the stage.

Now, from opposite sides, Svana casts a single, significantly larger water pulse, as Selkie forms a single ring of fire to shoot forth. As both draw close to center stage, Chance leaps straight up, his body curling in on itself as he flips backwards, landing right in front of Sebastian. The Water Pulse and Fire Spin collide, bursting into one another before vanishing, tiny embers and sparkling droplets of mist raining down as the Pokemon dance back to their trainer?s side.

Time for their big finish?

Svana and Fiore begin to fly upward as Selkie uses her branch to draw a flaming circle around herself, Chance and Sebastian. Once the circle of fire is complete, it ignites, raising high above the floating Pokemon. Inside the inferno Fiore uses another Petal Blizzard, and Svana follows suit with an Icy Wind. The fire vanishes as quickly as it had risen, and what remains are flower petals, glistening with a beautiful coat of frost, drifting down onto the performers. The light of the stage only makes the petals? glisten all the more vibrant as they slowly float down.
    Sebastian, no longer wearing his top hat, more mask (they seemed to vanish while the Fire Spin blocked them from view), steps forward once more. He takes the red rose that was pinned to his suit and elegantly tosses it towards the judges, where it lands delicately on Platinum?s judging stand. As the last of the glistening petals fall, Sebastian, along with each of his Pokemon, make one final bow.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years

• 62510.jpg

Coul Remson​

sandile.gif
    persian.gif
    houndour.gif
    lombre.gif
    pichu.gif
    "Coul Remson!"

It was a good thing he had a change of clothes in his bagpack. While it may not be the flashiest of all the suits the area, Coul is satisfied with the way he looked. His black suit was as simple as it gets, and he decided to just complement it with a red necktie and a white long-sleeved shirt underneath. He kept his gloves as his performance needed some modicum of safety. He isn't on the level of the rich people currently dining on the ballroom floor of the Parfum Palace but he trusted that his Pokemon would be able to draw attention to themselves.

Coul walked in with a flourish, his Houndour jogging silently behind him. He stood in the middle of the stage, aware of all the eyes on him. He felt confident. He was going to tell a story.

"In the beginning, there was only fire," Coul started, his voice booming with the microphone the organizers gave him. Houndour perked up as he heard the word fire and started spewing embers from his mouth. He masterfully directed the embers so it formed a swirling tongue of fire around Coul. The trainer could feel the temperature rising around him as the flames started to grow and grow. He could hear gasps from the crowd. "There only was destruction." Coul threw his Pokeball and out came Sandy. It started spewing sand around with its Sand Tomb Attack, mixing with the ember from Snoop. Both attacks merged in a whirlwind of sand and flame around Coul but both Pokemon managed to control it such that Coul was in the safe spot in the middle of the show. "The earth was not a habitable place." Coul raised his hands in the middle of the raging attack. "There only was chaos."

"The planet was unripe for life," Coul continued. Snoop and Sandy stopped the Sand Tomb and Ember as it continued to rage in an ever-growing whirlpool above Coul's head. Both his Pokemon's jaws erupted with fire and lightning, creating artificial sounds of horror and danger. Coul quietly palmed Doof's Pokeball behind his back as the audience were entranced with the growing sand and fire whirlpool above them. "Uninhabitable," Coul said as he called out Doof behind him. The slender frame of the Pokemon allowed it to hide behind Coul's suit. "Until water came." Doof blew out a lot of bubbles, quenching the fire and heavying the sand such that the whirlpool disappeared completely. Doof then opened his mouth where a thick mist started emanating. Soon enough, the whole stage was completely immersed in mist, with only Coul's silhouette visible to the dining audience.

"The water calmed everything, as water always do. The fire stopped raging, and the earth stopped shaking." Doof spit out a few Leech Seeds in the area which quickly formed into vines covering the whole ground. The mist dissipated and only Coul and Catherine was left on the stage, which was covered in greenery.

The dewdrops from the mist clung onto the leaves of the vines and it was reflecting off of the stage lights, giving the whole area a glowing effect. Catherine purred a weak Hypnosis, just to send the audience in a slight relaxing mood. Coul was sitting on the grass-covered stage, smiling as he stroke the Persian's fur.

"Life started and humanity thrived. Since then, we only look forward and onward. We've achieved great things. One day, we will be living among the stars." On cue, the Persian raised its head and used a Swift attack, filling the area above them in starlight. It was a surreal scene and Coul knew that as he stood up and took his bow.

Inventory
    Spoiler:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years

• wDt1zaS.png

-- Profile --
    Name: Special Agent "CR" and "Missy"

"CR's" Pokémon :
    honedge.gif
    yamask.gif
    trubbish.gif

"Missy's" Pokemon:
    litwick.gif
    hypno.gif

Inventory:
    pokeradar.png
    - 1 Pokédex
    PokeDollar.png
    - 500 Poké
    potion.png
    - 2 Potions
    pokeball.png
    - 5 Poké Balls
    dawnstone.png
    - 1x Dawn Stone
    rawstberry.png
    - 3x Rawst Berry
    sapphire.png
    – Mysterious Blue Crystal

~
    He sat there, three tables down from me. That strange foreign boy with the sword Pokémon. His smile illuminating the Pokémon center as he spoke to the waiter. His order came swiftly, the grin never fading. His eyes glued to the piece of paper he had brought in with him. I wondered as I sipped my coffee what exactly the paper could be… and if it had any relevance to the case.

The purple haired author giggled to herself as her candle Pokémon quietly burned to her side, illuminating the dark corner which she found herself. Eyes darting across the thick black ink that was scrawled across her notebook. Staring into the swinging medal before it, not paying any mind to what was going on was a large yellow Pokémon.

"Lit-wick"? The candle Pokémon called out, drawing her attention upwards, to which she was met with the green-eyed gaze of the olive-skinned boy she'd just been staring at.

"Hola. Might I ask why you've staring at me? Even the waitress started to notice". He asked with a friendly smile.

Oh, how that smile was burned into her mind! She could write an entire chapter on it alone!

"…señorita? What's this." He asked as he cocked his head to the side and began scanning the notepad. "…somebody is a bit of a writer. This style… very… interesting". The boy asked as he turned the notepad towards himself and continued to read.

("Oh gosh, Oh gosh. He's reading my novel! He's reading my novel!") She thought to herself as she

"So… what is this case you spoke about"? He asked, looking towards the young girl.

"Oh yes! Chapter Six, The Thief of Shabboneau!" The girl gasped with a grin as she pumped her fists into the air. "If you please buddy?" The girl said with a smile as she turned to the large yellow Pokémon to her side.

"Hyp… no." The Pokémon responded.

"…and you see Missy, several paintings have gone missing as of late." The adolescent maid explained as she motioned towards the obvious empty spots on the walls.

"This is most strange. What do you think partner?" The purple haired girl asked, her casual attire having been replaced by a long brown coat and a Trilby.

Agent CR looked around, blinking dazedly. What the heck had just happened.

"Partner? Are you okay? Perhaps you should check your notes". The girl said with a subtle emphasis on her words.

Upon hearing the words, the heavy notepad in his hand seemed even more apparent. As did the fact that he too was wearing a new outfit. His red ranger coat having been replaced by a brown suit of sorts. His ordinarily messy hair neatly done.

He glanced down at the notepad in his hand.

Chapter 006, Draft: The Thief of Shabboneau
    Our protagonist "Missy" and her team of trusted Pokémon are joined by the fantastic agent of the Kalosian Secret Force in order to track down the thief whom has been removing priceless artifacts from the back wings of Shabboneau castle.

-Maid Krystal: Child, Employee
    Her employment at castle Shabboneau has come under the eye of Lord Shabboneau after several paintings and old relics have gone missing.

-Lord Shabboneau: Middle Aged, Lord
    Heir to a long lasting bloodline. Not the most responsible land baron.

Violet's Notes: Follow the script!​

Agent CR looked up at "Missy" in confusion. He still wasn't sure what was going on, but it was clear she was up to something... and curiosity may have killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.

"Perhaps we should... look for clues. Did the missing paintings or artifacts have anything in common?" He asked, rubbing his head in confusion.

The young girl turned towards him and responded "Well yes actually... All of the artifacts down here are worth a lot of money. They're all related to the history of Kalos as well."

"So either a historian… or somebody who wants to make money." Missy responded, scribbling notes on her pad.

"Who all has been in the back wing castle since these artifacts have been going missing." Agent CR asked, examining a nearby statue of a flabebe.

"Well, there's myself, Lord Shabboneau himself however he's a very busy man, and Alfred the Butler." The young girl explained.

"Uh… 'Missy'?" Agent CR asked, turning to face her. "Have we spoken to this… Alfred yet?"

"…Why no, you're right! Perhaps we should. Young miss, could you take us to this Alfred?" Missy asked.

"Of course! His room is just this way…" Krystal responded as she began walking down the hallway.

The hallways of Shabboneau were long and narrow, and the Butler's room was several away from the back hallway. As they grew closer, "Missy" leaned closer to "Agent CR" and began to whisper.

"You're doing great!" She said with a smile.

"Weren't we just in a Pokémon center" he asked, "and what happened to my clothes"?

She didn't respond, but gave him a wink as Krystal began to speak.

"His room is right up here."

The trio stopped before the door, which was slightly ajar. Pushing the door forward, a peculiar site washed over the group.

"It's… empty?!" They all shouted.

"Wait… there" Agent CR said, slipping into the room and picking up a crumpled up piece of paper from beneath the curtains.

"G,
    Our efforts have proven fruitful. I've sent most of the paintings involving 'The event' to you. There are one or two pieces that might be relevant. I'll join you in Ambrette soon.
    -A.P."

"I'll alert the police right away! Alfred must have left after stealing those portraits! Can you two stick around to meet with Lord Shabboneau? I'll make sure he knows you're the ones who " Krystal exclaimed darting down the hall.​

Back