• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need it right away

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    What series are you willing to preorder games for? I only preorder pokemon or xenoblade games.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    None, unless there's a reeaaaallyy good preorder bonus. There is one game I'd like to preorder because I'm too excited for it, but I don't think that'll be possible.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Pretty much every series. I like either being able to play it right at midnight in the case of digital games, or get $12 off on Amazon in the case of disk based games.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Already preordered Wolfenstein 2 mainly since its the first and maybe the only one ill be doing. I have a certain stance that preordering has lead to rushed messess and such track record is quite existent for the past few years, but hey its 2017 and i like breaking a few of my own rules.

pkmin3033

Nearly everything. Niche JRPGs go out of stock and up in price within a few days more often than not, and there is nothing more infuriating than having to pay more than the RRP because the only stock available comes from scalpers on eBay or something.

I like having things to hand when I'm ready to play them, and I'm not prepared to gamble that the price will decrease instead of increase if the game is coming from a less known developer. Especially if that game is on the Vita. As long as I don't pay too much for it, it's worth the cost.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Nearly everything. Niche JRPGs go out of stock and up in price within a few days more often than not, and there is nothing more infuriating than having to pay more than the RRP because the only stock available comes from scalpers on eBay or something.

I like having things to hand when I'm ready to play them, and I'm not prepared to gamble that the price will decrease instead of increase if the game is coming from a less known developer. Especially if that game is on the Vita. As long as I don't pay too much for it, it's worth the cost.

What would you say is your "make or break price"? That is, if it's over x amount of dollars you won't buy it until its price value drops.

For myself it's $20. It's very, very hard for me to drop $60 on a single game. Considering how large my backlog of Xbox games is absurdly large, it helps me in that regard. Think the last game I actually bought at full price was either Dark Souls 3 or the newest Naruto game.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    What would you say is your "make or break price"? That is, if it's over x amount of dollars you won't buy it until its price value drops.

For myself it's $20. It's very, very hard for me to drop $60 on a single game. Considering how large my backlog of Xbox games is absurdly large, it helps me in that regard. Think the last game I actually bought at full price was either Dark Souls 3 or the newest Naruto game.

For me it's usually 30$, on steam anyways. If the game is *really* good I'll consider getting it for more, or if it's like an actual copy of a game.

pkmin3033

£35 for handheld titles, £40 for console titles. At least if they're physical copies. Digital titles I won't pay more than £20 for unless I *really* want them and buy them on release day, in which case those prices apply, although I only ever buy digital on my handhelds if I don't have any other choice, and never for my consoles.

I flat out refuse to spend over £35 on handheld titles - I think it's disgusting that RRP is £40 these days - and quite often the games on PS4 that I want are slightly over £40 so if I really want the game I will usually waive that to £45 if it's something I've been really looking forward to and I've exhausted all my options...usually I can get it for under £40 if I preorder though. Usually.

There is some flexibility by about £5 if I have to import something (I paid £38 for a physical copy of Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception on Vita earlier this year, for example; that was £32 plus shipping) but I'm pretty strict about that. Games cost too much as it is. I have no idea what it'll be for Switch titles, given that I only have one...probably £45, as preorder prices seem to be hovering around £42 at least and RRP is £60+, because Nintendo are greedy.

Steam titles I won't pay more than £15 for, because I have a Steam backlog of over 100 games and I know whatever it is will get heavily discounted if I wait, and nothing on Steam I want so badly I cannot wait for the inevitable discounts. Usually I won't buy a Steam game unless it has a 60%+ discount attached to it.

More than anything my price ceiling is governed by how much I want a game, but those are usually my upper limits. I have paid over £45 for console titles before, but they've been ones I've really wanted, or have managed to get a discount on through trade-ins, etc.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • If it's a series I'm interested in (Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Danganronpa, etc.), then there's a likely chance I'd probably preorder it if I had the money to spare for it.

Years
  • I don't really pay any mind to it. If I want a game I'll buy it, if it's not released yet then it's called a pre-order but it's still the same transaction irregardless of what it's named.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • I'll preorder for Pok?mon, Story of Seasons, Fire Emblem, Rune Factory (if they ever make RF5) ...

I'm not a big pre-orderer ^^'

Oh, and many years from now, when Persona 6 becomes a thing, I'll be all over that pre-order like the wasps to my smoothie.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I preorder Pok?mon, and Dragon Age only.
    I once preordered Witcher 3 and ended up playing 10 minutes only. Whoops.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    The first game I've preordered in the last 4-5 years is Pok?mon Sun, which made me remember why I don't preorder games anymore... Anyways, I don't really have the time to play games on release dates anymore. So I usually just pick them up when I feel like it.

Sometimes I'll preorder rare collectors editions of games I like, but only for collecting purpose. Most of them remain sealed.

Back