• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you feel about replaying games you've already finished?

Years
    • Online now
    How do you feel about replaying games you've already finished?

Also, which game have you replayed the most?

TY

If a game was fun I'll most likely replay it out of nostalgia a while later or just cause the story or missions were so much fun/interesting to play.

most replayed game has to be C&C Red Alert 2. altho i can't be 100% sure cause my memory atm is bad :x

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • <p>I don't game too much anymore. The only games I have the patience to finish these days are the ones that are amazing in which case I will almost certainly need to play them more than just once.</p>

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Most of the games that I've bought I've played through more than a few times. For games that have different difficulties I always like to at least try to get through the harder versions after I play through it once for the story. And other games I try to use different strats or just try to do things 'right' the second or third time around. Like not killing everyone in a city just because I can, even though there's the possibility that a handful of them will have quests for me later on (looking at my recent experience with Deus Ex). Probably the most replayed game I have though would be FFX.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    I replay games all the time. It's part of the reason why my backlog is so big. Matter of fact, I just finished yet another playthrough of Banjo Kazooie and I started a new playthrough of Donkey Kong 64. Both games I've already played countless times...

There's always something that brings me back to replaying old games, no matter how much I want to play newer releases lol.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've never been able to replay anything right after beating it, so I have to wait a few months/years before I can replay a game without losing interest almost as soon as I start.

My most replayed non-Pokemon game is probably Dragon Age Origins, since I replay it once a year around late November/December (soon!)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I do it all the time lol. Probably most played game is soulsilver, as I did it at least 3 times on my original copy, and I did it 3 times on my new one. And I'm gonna keep replaying it xD

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Tons of times, with many games. The most was probably LoZ: OoT, probably played through it at least 10 times. Lulz, I remember that the last time I tried to play through it was also the first time I did the problem in the Water Temple, where you open locked doors in the wrong order and if you save the game, you're completely screwed. >_<

Years
    • Online now
    Tons of times, with many games. The most was probably LoZ: OoT, probably played through it at least 10 times. Lulz, I remember that the last time I tried to play through it was also the first time I did the problem in the Water Temple, where you open locked doors in the wrong order and if you save the game, you're completely screwed. >_<

Was that actually a thing with the water temple ~_~? I thought people were just skipping over a key. If that can happen, it's really bad design.

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
    Years
  • I definitely have no qualms about replaying games that I finished. I replayed the first two main games in the KH series multiple times, replying the first Kingdom Hearts at least 5 times, 2 (possibly 3) of those were 100% runs. Then again, I don't recall a third 100% run so I could be wrong. I've yet to 100% the game on the PS3, though.

As for the game I likely replayed the most, it's probably Contra. I often play that game like some people often played Solitare on the PC. I can beat it in under a half hour, possibly around 20 mins. I've also replayed the main campaign of Shovel Knight a few times but I've only beaten the DLC Campaigns on New Game+ once.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Was that actually a thing with the water temple ~_~? I thought people were just skipping over a key. If that can happen, it's really bad design.

Yes, it seems to be pretty well known. There is that key you can get at the bottom of the center room that a lot of people end up overlooking, I had already gotten that the last time I played through. But since I opened the doors in the wrong order, no more keys were accessible, and I have a habit of frequently saving, so I was screwed. I'm pretty sure they ended up fixing this problem in the 3DS version, but I was playing the 64 version. And yes, it was a bad design, and quite frankly, the entire Water Temple can go screw itself. :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I think I've replayed the Ace Attorney games the most, actually - I kind of equate it to rereading a good book, I just really loved the stories and characters.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Aside from Pokemon and Call Of Duty, the game I have replayed the most would be Halo 3. That game has some incredible campaign missions. Music is killer too.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Of course I'll replay great games! I just have to have some decent time between playthroughs.

Of course some games I cant replay. Like the last of us. It's so straight forward and story heavy that I feel one playthrough is enough. Forever.

Years
  • It's interesting to me that a few people have said FFX as that was the first game I thought of when reading the thread title. Admittedly I've only played it twice, but the first go round was only in 2015 so I'm surprised I have played it again so soon.

I usually avoid replaying games, especially with the backlog I have at the moment. I also don't have relatively many games to replay as I usually go for sports sim games or the usual annual multiplayer releases (CoD for example).

I think the games I have probably replayed the most are Pok?mon Red and Saints Row 2.

On a complete sidenote, I scrolled through my old xbox profile to see if I missed out any games I replayed a lot and it has reminded me of some games I completely forgot about playing, anybody remember Naughty Bear or Blur (the racing game)?

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Usually I just don't replay a game unless it has a lot of save slots. That said, I LOVE replaying Castlevania games (the Igavanias, not so much the retro ones). Something about the difficulty is very addictive and replayable to me and if I can 100% a file, I will do it. The exceptions to this are Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow which I don't really have the patience to soul grind every single enemy.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I replay sometimes, depending on how much I miss the game and whether I can. It's easier to play games that have light to no stories than story-heavy games, due to the emotional and time investment. More often than not I go through games again to get a full 100% rather than just replaying it.

Pok?mon games I can literally replay as much as I can, I will never grow tired of them.
    I've replayed Ace Attorney a few times because I lost my older save files, and I enjoyed every time I did.
    I've only gone through 999 a few more times to unlock all the endings. As fun as the game was, I don't think I'll ever replay it due to how emotionally draining it turned out to be (the entirery of Door 2 and the Axe Ending left me pretty traumatized).

Back