• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • What was their business strategy that they unveiled?

They said they will have microtransactions in every game they ever make for now on, single player or multiplayer, in any type of form that fits, Be it digital currency, loot boxes, or Option C, but in business terms.

I already wasn't planning to buy RDR2 for exactly this reason (I mean they specifically designed GTAO to make you want to buy their digital currency! How can I expect anything different from RDR now.) and now I am 375% sure that this is the right choice.

If it has a great story, then that's what KAT is for amirite?!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    So I ordered a PS Pro yesterday, it should get here within the next few hours or tomorrow.

On a scale from 0 to 350 pounds how much money have I just wasted?

Depends really. Did you already have a PS4? and how many games are you planning on getting?

Anyways, game of the year nominees are out. Lots of good choices this year.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I got a PS4 Pro because it was the more interesting option when I didn't already have a PS4. I wouldn't have bothered if I had had the PS4 though.

Didn't BotW win game of the year? Or are there several game of the year awards lol /clueless

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I got a PS4 Pro because it was the more interesting option when I didn't already have a PS4. I wouldn't have bothered if I had had the PS4 though.

Didn't BotW win game of the year? Or are there several game of the year awards lol /clueless

It's a nominee for game of the year, they haven't decided on which one is gonna win yet.

Years
  • Can't say I follow awards but I hope Nier won some stuff in it's genre category or at least music.

I'm not one to do fiddly nonsense for trophies but I guess I have to now.
    NXImGat.png

I also hope Estival Versus won everything in 2015. What a great game.

Arsenic

Years
  • Portal collab with some bridge construction game! Idk if this was the awards announcement but part of me hopes it is. It would fit well with Valve's recent track record of CRUSHING disappointment

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Portal collab with some bridge construction game! Idk if this was the awards announcement but part of me hopes it is. It would fit well with Valve's recent track record of CRUSHING disappointment

I wish it didn't leak, because the reaction would have been on par with that of the one for that DOTA card game.

Last edited:

Arsenic

Years
  • While I can't say anything bad about Valve with this, as from what I've heard it's just a licensed game developed completely separate from Valve,

I can't help but say Valve is REALLY knocking it out of the park this year, yeah?

Eh, dead company is dead. Killed by greed. Only good thing they've done recently is help with the Vive.

--------------
    12/9
    --------------

Overkill is finally shedding some light on TWD game. Or something.

Check out this site in like 24 hours or something...

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    So who thinks the "leaked" Nintendo direct later today/tomorrow depending on timezones is real? I sure hope it is, but I'm not counting on it

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've got a few games to give away that I just really don't want. If anyone's interested just pm me.

Spoiler:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Night In The Woods releasing on the Nintendo Switch on February 1st for $20. Buying it the moment it goes up. Can't wait for this game. The Giant Bomb crew gushed about this game.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Does anyone have any recommendations for reducing hand and finger cramping while playing the Switch in handheld mode? My hands are large, so I'm more prone to cramping.

All of the games ive played so far have been comfortable both in handheld and docked mode (with the exception of splitting the joy cons for split-screen action on Mario Kart). I experience a little cramping on Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart, but nothing too uncomfortable and I usually dont notice until I stop playing.

However, I recently bought Enter the Gungeon and my hands cramp so bad after just playing for 15 minutes. I enjoyed the gameplay a lot, but its just unplayable after a few minutes in handheld mode. I tried remapping the controls, but I couldn't fix the issue. I haven't tried using the comfort grip (which does tend to be more comfortable), but I play primarily in handheld mode and the fact that the game is unplayable is really disappointing.

My hands really dislike constantly having to hold down buttons and you pretty much never stop shooting in Enter the Gungeon lol. At least in Mario Kart you can set the controls so you automatically hit gas without having to hold A the entire race.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I wonder if something like this would help? They are silicone comfort grips usable in handheld mode and detached, and while there are bumps on the back I'm not sure if it's enough to prevent the cramping.

This gripcase looks pretty sweet too - a bit pricier though.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I wonder if something like this would help? They are silicone comfort grips usable in handheld mode and detached, and while there are bumps on the back I'm not sure if it's enough to prevent the cramping.

This gripcase looks pretty sweet too - a bit pricier though.

Thanks for the suggestions! The Flexicase looks too thin to really help, but the grip case looks really good. When it releases I might consider ordering one (the only disadvantage is that I cant fit the grips in my case).

This might sound stupid, but I actually googled hand stretches to reduce cramps lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    np! I have pretty small hands so I guess it never really affected me because of that, but it seems to be a pretty common problem, considering the campaign's video and the responses to it and all.

Back