• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Day Four] - What is your favourite Kantoian Pokemon?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Pokemon-GO-Kanto-Event.jpg

There are about 151 Pokemon found in Kanto's Gen I games, and from Leafgreen/FireRed. But from all those, which Pokemon from Kanto would you say is your absolute favourite, and why?​

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • *Looks left. Looks right. All clear to commence message*

latest

I started playing Pok?mon on Blue Version years ago on a friend?s GameBoy. Later that year, i got a GBC and Yellow version for my BDay. Vulpix is my favorite Pok?mon for a number of reasons(not the least of which is being an exclusive for Blue Version). It?s design is majestic, based off a fox and kitsune folklore. It?s evolution is outright gorgeous and when Generation 1 is concerned regarding stats, Ninetales has the best values for speed and special around(even better than Charizard). It learns Flamethrower earlier than any Fire Type in Kanto too(Ponyta doesn?t, Growlithe takes level 50, Magmar at level 55, Flareon at level 54 and Charmander at level 38. Compare that to level 35 for Vulpix).

When Alola introduced its Alolan variant I nearly broke down to get Sun and a 3DS just to have one. Can?t find any Kanto Pokemon better than Vulpix. Eevee pulls at me too but Vulpix wins for me.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • Probably Eevee. For ahh, obvious reasons. It has three evolutions. It was a normal type. Nothing much else to say.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    None. I've always been detached from them for some reason. I think some are cool at best but I got no absolute favs.

Years
  • I have multiple favourites from Kanto.

Snorlax is in my TOP3 favourite Pok?mon of all time and for a long time was Number 1. I don't know why, but I feel personal connection to this fat bear that just eat and sleep.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • *sigh* As usual there are too many that I can't leave out. xD So I'd better list them as images!

Top Five Ten:

eevee-color.png
    vaporeon-color.png
    jolteon-color.png
    articuno-color.png
    mewtwo-color.png
    lapras-color.png
    nidorina-color.png
    ponyta-color.png
    persian-color.png
    vulpix-color.png

And the rest (in no particular order):

flareon-color.png
    rapidash-color.png
    nidoran-f-color.png
    ninetales-color.png
    bulbasaur-color.png
    sandshrew-color.png
    jigglypuff-color.png
    wigglytuff-color.png
    clefairy-color.png
    growlithe-color.png
    arcanine-color.png
    doduo-color.png
    dewgong-color.png
    cubone-color.png
    kangaskhan-color.png
    scyther-color.png
    dragonair-color.png
    aerodactyl-color.png
    pidgey-color.png

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Jolteon has always been one of my favorites from Kanto and my favorite of all time. :D

Years
  • Bulbasaur is an easy favourite, but if we're not counting starters, then next up would be Eevee and it's evolutions. :P

Back