• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your Whitney Strategy

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I believe on my latest playthrough on Crystal I just smacked it down with Tyrouge/Hitmonchan. Didn't have any fighting moves at that point but resisted Rollout and knocked it out before it could get me with Stomp.

... it was either that or I used some other strategy that I can't even remember right now. Was it Bayleef that knocked it out instead I'm honestly not very sure. All i know is that it wasn't very hard for me to take it down.

Last edited:

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    my strategy to beat whitney is.... cry

i never really had a strategy when i used to play it - i've started playing heartgold again recently & beat her surprisingly easily because my machoke was female

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I tend to soft reset for a female starter and I usually choose the Chikorita line so having a female starter gives it immunity to attract and wear it down with Razor Leafs and Poision Powder.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • When I faced her years ago on Gold, I faced her with the Onix you get early on via Trade. Rock resists Normal and Ground resists Rock, hence Onix is the perfect counter to Falkner, Bugsy and Whitney. Onix dominates the first 3 Gyms so who needs a starter? ^_^

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • When i was younger, all I did was train my starter. I made sure that once my croconaw evolved at level 30, I'd then challenge Whitney. It was actually a cake walk for me with a couple of lemonades by my side and my other mons as death fodder.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Beedrill with fury attack absolutely steamrolls her team and knocks out Miltank in one hit by the time you get to it.

Years
  • I'm one of the lucky ones who beat Whitney on my first try (in the VC release that is, my SS team wasn't as good against her). What I did is used Rage with what was at the time a Croconaw. I don't know why she didn't have it use attract with either Pokemon (Croconaw was male) as that would've completely killed me, but after building up a couple rages on Clefairy, the move was strong enough to either 2 or 3 shot (can't remember) her Miltank. I think it's kind of funny that using Rage saved me from rage lol

Years
  • I'm one of the lucky ones who beat Whitney on my first try (in the VC release that is, my SS team wasn't as good against her). What I did is used Rage with what was at the time a Croconaw. I don't know why she didn't have it use attract with either Pokemon (Croconaw was male) as that would've completely killed me, but after building up a couple rages on Clefairy, the move was strong enough to either 2 or 3 shot (can't remember) her Miltank. I think it's kind of funny that using Rage saved me from rage lol

LoL I too done the same thing. Defeating Whitney by Croconaw's rage.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2019
    Besides the surprise on the first time, Whitney is easy to deal with.
    Just bring geodude and you are pretty much set.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I basically just out powered her the first time, but I also used strategies like, lowering her attack and such.

LatchoDives23

Official Nicktoons Fan of the Boards
    Years
  • I used the Machop you get in a trade in my second playthrough. The first one I traded over my Monferno (and my Pikachu as a bonus) from Diamond.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • A female Geodude with Mud-Slap is quite effective. You resist everything, lower accuracy to prevent Rollout combos, and can't be attracted. Use Mud-Slap until accuracy stops lowering, then just chip away with Magnitude.

Back