• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2021
    Oh I cant post a link with a photo of the cards that sucks.

To be fair some of the cards might be psa 8-9

Is there maybe a chance that an admin could allow me to post an imgur link to see the cards? All holo vintage cards

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Also another question I have 2 dark charizards, but the coloring is clerly different on the other one. any idea why? its not fake that much I have researched.
    I can't help with value, but the color difference is likely due to a difference in ink levels. (This kind of difference is especially noticeable on classic Trainer cards imo, where the grey texture may appear warmer or cooler depending on the ink level at the time of printing.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2021
    or any other service like them.

Just making posts that I can post a link, sorry for the spam

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2021
    Shadowless Wartortle
    I have a Wartortle trading card. Text is English, no set symbol and no collection number or copyright text. I can find no information on the significance of the lack of collection number. Nor can I find any images of any cards with the same properites. Any information gratefuly recieved. Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2021
    I have three 1st Edition Shining Charizards, Neo Destiny set 107/105. Two are freshly graded PSA 10, and one PSA 9. Looking at the market, I *think* the 10's are worth $14K+, and the 9 is $7-9K. Any advice on this, as well as best way to go about selling, is greatly appreciated. I have an eBay account but have minimal all positive feedback as a buyer only.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2021
    I am also posting on this sub

Hi everyone.
    I've recently found my old Pokemon card boxes and I found a card that I had in a normal package ( the ones that you can buy in markets ) when I was younger. Every time my grandma picked me up at school she would buy cards. The thing is that there is one special card which I think is unique because I received it like this. It may be a default but after all these year I am still wondering if someone in the world had that kind of problem with a card and what the value may be. It was a little bit damaged over the years because I used to show it to a lot of friends ( kids playing, you know how this is ).
    Thanks for your answers.

I am sorry I have no more infos about the cards because there is nothing written on it but I had it in a card package maybe 10 years ago ( live in France )

Attachments

• "What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread
      75C0981B-7AD7-4F0F-AD61-D257CB43214A.jpeg
      932.7 KB · Views: 6
      819D5455-293B-40E1-80CA-3EDC53E21E57.jpeg
      781.9 KB · Views: 5
      F56048B5-31D2-4FEA-9777-4EFDD7F2C488.jpeg
      701.8 KB · Views: 6
      3B7A953B-0CFA-4204-8569-DFCC96EACB44.jpeg
      792.5 KB · Views: 1
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    Hey there,
    I recently went through my old collection and found two cards that I can't really make sense of, nor find them online. I hope someone can help me out.

Card Nr. 1
    Card name: Zapdos
    Card Set: Fossil
    Collector's number: 30/62
    Not first edition
    With Shadow
    English
    The special thing about this card is that it is completely covered with a kinda flakey holo texture.

Card Nr. 2
    Card name: Fukano
    Card Set: Secret wonders (I think)
    Collector's number: 89/132
    Not first edition
    German
    This card has the writing DPBP #063 on the bottom left and the whole image is a little off-centred. It seems as if it is a printing error.

Thanks already in advance, let me know if you need any pictures.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there,
    I recently went through my old collection and found two cards that I can't really make sense of, nor find them online. I hope someone can help me out.

Card Nr. 1
    Card name: Zapdos
    Card Set: Fossil
    Collector's number: 30/62
    Not first edition
    With Shadow
    English
    The special thing about this card is that it is completely covered with a kinda flakey holo texture.
    Does it look like this?
    Spoiler:

Because that's about the only Zapdos out there from that time period that somewhat describes your card. I'm not finding anything about a Fossil Zapdos having a Reverse Holo reprint. Might be a fake, unfortunately. Pictures would be helpful!
    Card Nr. 2
    Card name: Fukano
    Card Set: Secret wonders (I think)
    Collector's number: 89/132
    Not first edition
    German
    This card has the writing DPBP #063 on the bottom left and the whole image is a little off-centred. It seems as if it is a printing error.

Thanks already in advance, let me know if you need any pictures.
    Off set or misaligned cards are fairly normal. While it technically is an error on the card, those types of errors actually decrease the value of the card rather than increase it. Especially if you're getting the card graded. You found a neat Growlithe card.. but not much more than that.

I hope this helped a little!

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    Hey,
    thanks for the quick reply.
    I had already thought that it might be some unofficial print. I found something about these being sold in vending machines or something like that but I guess it's not going to be worth much.
    Still looks cool though.

Here the pic!

Thanks again for your help
    Cheers

Attachments

20210228_205057.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 12
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey,
    thanks for the quick reply.
    I had already thought that it might be some unofficial print. I found something about these being sold in vending machines or something like that but I guess it's not going to be worth much.
    Still looks cool though.

Here the pic!

Thanks again for your help
    Cheers

Awww man that's so cool! Honestly that's cooler looking than the regular holo Fossil Zapdos!

It's definitely a fake tho. Every single holo Fossil Zapdos has an error where the holofoil doesn't cover where the 'stage 1' text box normally is. And yours is clearly holofoil. everywhere! I'd still hang on to the card though! Love novelty knock offs like these, they're so much fun lol.

I also remember days where Pokémon cards were sold in vending machines and whatnot. If you can do so carefully, make sure it's not a sticker. Compare the thickness of the card to a normal Fossil Zapdos.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    Yeah, I'll definitely keep it even if just for the sake of looking at it from time to time.
    I already checked, it's not a sticker.

Thanks again for all your help!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2021
    Hi!
    I found some of my old pokemon cards.

I always liked the Gengar. But only because of the different language on it. :-)

And the Chansey, because i got it on a holiday. :-)

Do you know, if they worth something?

Thanks!

Thomas

Attachments

20210305_111648.jpg
      182.3 KB · Views: 7
      20210305_112231.jpg
      191.9 KB · Views: 5
      20210305_111503.jpg
      155.7 KB · Views: 4
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2021
    My dad brought these card packs home from Japan in early 2000, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much they are worth? file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/dc/12/E8810942-75EC-41CC-9C9D-46C752E08F7B/IMG_0125.HEIC

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2021
    Hello! I have a rare card that have been made aware that it is the only card in circulation. Several have been researching this card and cannot find any information on it. Can anyone e help?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2021
    Hello! I just found one of my old pokemon cards from back in the day and I was wondering if anyone could give me a little help finding out what it's worth. Thanks!

A. Charizard
    B. Base Set
    C. Collector Number: 4/102
    D. Not first edition
    E. Holo, not shadowless
    F. English

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hello! I just found one of my old pokemon cards from back in the day and I was wondering if anyone could give me a little help finding out what it's worth. Thanks!

A. Charizard
    B. Base Set
    C. Collector Number: 4/102
    D. Not first edition
    E. Holo, not shadowless
    F. English

What's the general condition of the card? Is it new/mint or used?

The near mint card, as you've described, looks like it's going for between $200 and $400. But I'd be wary of actually selling at that price.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2021
    Good afternoon. I wanted to start off by apologizing if this is the wrong spot for this.
    I've collected TCG cards for many years and came across a few pokemon cards I can not find information about. They appear to be Japanese. They are smaller than standard cards and seem pretty flimsy. On the back where it should say "Nintendo" they say "NTENDO" I was just curious if these are fakes or not. Thank you for you time.

Attachments

20210313_124337.jpg
      919.5 KB · Views: 7
      20210313_124325.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 12
      20210313_135104.jpg
      188 KB · Views: 6
      20210313_124319.jpg