• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2021
    Hi all, made an account to get some input on this card, which I think may be a misprint unless there's something I'm missing regarding this set.
    It's an English Wormadam Sandy Cloak LV. 37 from the Secret Wonders set (42/132) which seems to only have a reverse holo rarity, but my card seems to have holographic art - the background behind the Wormadam has a slight sheen to it. It's also missing the set icon in the bottom right. I pulled this a very long time ago but didn't notice the icon was missing, and I haven't found any examples of non-reverse holos. Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• "What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread
      image0.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 11
    Last edited:
    Years
  • ummm no i dont think so this card is special. Its a normal charizard card. Ur neighbour must be raving mad cos he might not have a charizard card.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Hey!

So yeah this is the situation. I was at my neighbour a few days ago and we ended up talking about Pokemon and how valuable some cards can be and so on.
    And i rememberd that i actually have two pokemon cards for some reason. I recalled that it was Charizard on both cards and that there was a shiny background and all that. I had never thought that there could be any value in those cards, because i have absolutly no knowledge about Pokemon stuff.

Anyway, i went back to me and got them so i could show them to him.
    And my neighbour, lets call him Bob, got partly angry as hell and partly kind of starstrucked. Angry because he think that im probably sitting on a gold mine without knowing it and starstrucked because he loves pokemon more than he dare to admit.

So to get to the point, I have two Pokemon cards with Charizard, the background is shiny and there are some stamps or marking or whatever that might make them rare cards.
    So... is there someone out there that can tell if my cards have any value in them?
    I will try and upload a photo of them.

I know that i could send them to PSA and have them look at them. But because im living in sweden I feel it´s a bit of a hassle and too expensive to send them there without having any clue if there are any value in them.

So PLEASE can some kind person that have some knowledge about this just help me out a bit!

Cheers

welcome! i'll move move this thread into the tcg section of the community. you'll get more help there!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Hi all, made an account to get some input on this card, which I think may be a misprint unless there's something I'm missing regarding this set.
    It's an English Wormadam Sandy Cloak LV. 37 from the Secret Wonders set (42/132) which seems to only have a reverse holo rarity, but my card seems to have holographic art - the background behind the Wormadam has a slight sheen to it. It's also missing the set icon in the bottom right. I pulled this a very long time ago but didn't notice the icon was missing, and I haven't found any examples of non-reverse holos. Thanks in advance for your help!
    100% fake. In addition to the errors you pointed out, Pokémon is missing the accented é and the Energy icons are bloated (because they were ripped from Energy card artwork). Fonts an spacing are also a little off.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2020
    ]I'm going through my old collection and I stumbled on some weird cards I totally forgot about. I'm guessing they're fake, but I'm no expert. Can someone please help me because I can't find anything online.

These are just a few examples, I have a few more.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • ]I'm going through my old collection and I stumbled on some weird cards I totally forgot about. I'm guessing they're fake, but I'm no expert. Can someone please help me because I can't find anything online.

These are just a few examples, I have a few more.
    Yep, they're fake (likely stickers since I've seen some Japanese ones with the same foil pattern).

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2020
    I recently cracked out my old Pokemon cards and sorted through them, and I think these are the most noteable ones? since they have a star and are holo and stuff. Any help on identifying the prices would be much appreciated! :) Also, it wqould be great if anyone could tell me what that weird Primeape one is from - thanks!
    https://imgur.com/a/AI0QdCJ
    https://imgur.com/a/1VkOqJL

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I recently cracked out my old Pokemon cards and sorted through them, and I think these are the most noteable ones? since they have a star and are holo and stuff. Any help on identifying the prices would be much appreciated! :) Also, it wqould be great if anyone could tell me what that weird Primeape one is from - thanks!
    https://imgur.com/a/AI0QdCJ
    https://imgur.com/a/1VkOqJL
    I probably can't help with prices, but I can tell you that your Wigglytuff and Shuppet are fake. Also, the Primeape is a TOPPS card.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2021
    Hiya,
    Was going through my old collection when I found these 4 cards. Would like some verification of whether theyre fake or real! They all have holographic pictures with all of them bar Zapdos having those little star thingies, like a pattern, in the picture itself. Sorry for using improper terminology but hopefully you know what I mean!
    Thanks!

Attachments

image0 (2).jpeg
      111.3 KB · Views: 19
      image1.jpeg
      121.7 KB · Views: 17
      image0 (3).jpeg
      95.2 KB · Views: 9
      image1 (2).jpeg
      107.4 KB · Views: 12

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Hiya,
    Was going through my old collection when I found these 4 cards. Would like some verification of whether theyre fake or real! They all have holographic pictures with all of them bar Zapdos having those little star thingies, like a pattern, in the picture itself. Sorry for using improper terminology but hopefully you know what I mean!
    Thanks!
    Even Zapdos has those "little star thingies" (classic stars foil pattern), you just can't see them against the dark parts of the background (you can make them out in the lightning).

Anyway, I see no definite giveaways that these are fake. Probably won't be able to get much out of them in that condition though, if you were looking to sell.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2021
    Do someone Know This card? I can't find anything about it anywhere
    Spoiler:

Attachments

70BD3ECE-C47D-4BF4-B7A5-CC4F9BD56B27.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 11
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2021
    Hello folks,

Dug up my old Pokémon card collection and there were some interesting cards i couldn't find much about online.

Haunter 29/102 Reverse Holo
    Aerodactyl 16/62 Reverse Holo
    Raichu 14/62 Reverse Holo

Does anyone know anything about these cards? if they are real/fake and maybe worth anything.
    Thanks!

Greetings Swonkinator.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    I have a Grimer jungle set card and its 20/64. It has 650 HP, is this fake ? I cant find it online! It says it evolves from evee

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    Thank you, I just dont recall ever getting fake cards as a kid. Always got Them from toys r us:).Guess i need to cross examine my Mom.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2021
    Untitled

Hello all. I have a 1999 Charizard holographic Pokémon card and I'm curious to what it might be worth. If anybody could give me help on the card or advice that would be great thanks!

Attachments

790FE163-947C-4816-8902-EC03456CD5B4.jpeg
      158.5 KB · Views: 5

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Hello all. I have a 1999 Charizard holographic Pokémon card and I'm curious to what it might be worth. If anybody could give me help on the card or advice that would be great thanks!

Welcome to the community! I'll merge this into the correct thread where you'll definitely get more help in figuring out what your card is worth. You're free to create another thread introducing yourself to the community.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2021
    Hey guys!

I recently found my old collection of pokemon baseset cards. They were all sleeved up and in a folder.

Ive looked at the cards and came to the conclusion that they are maybe on average PSA 6-7?

Some cards like the dragonite, lugia, shining noctowl, feraligatr, pichu, ho-oh look to be in better condition.

Any idea how much these would be worth if the average would be psa 7?

Also another question I have 2 dark charizards, but the coloring is clerly different on the other one. any idea why? its not fake that much I have researched.

Here are the cards: https://imgur.com/QGLU05c

All answers and guesses are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back