• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2020
    Hi all,

I hope this isn't a stupid question. I have a reverse holo Charmander (70/110) - however I have noticed there is a line running the entire height of the card that appears to be an artifact of manufacturing, the image of Charmander is not affected by this at all, so it is strictly in the background. I was wondering if this affects the value of the card negatively at all? Is this something someone has seen before? I've not noticed this on any of my other reverse holo's.

I've attached a picture of the card while highlighting the line I'm talking about.

Thank you so much for any help!

EDIT: After looking at the image and the card closer, the line does indeed go over the image of the card as well, but it is exceptionally hard to see in person, but is way more noticeable in the image.

EDIT 2: I've attached another image with the card out of the sleeve and tried highlighting the line more over Charmander.

Attachments

• "What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread
      IMG_1075.jpg
      540.3 KB · Views: 12
      IMG_1077.jpg
      527.1 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2020
    Hi, do we have any information on this card?
    We too have a Munchlax Chicago '09 distributors card with the foil stamp. It has been PSA Graded at near mint 7 - any idea on the value?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2020
    I don't know the worth of this card a little help pls?

Basic Zekrom (114/114) But the HP is 780?

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2021
    Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I've been looking through my I cards and this is one that I can't find info on.

It's a Japanese Sudowoodo from Neo Genesis. As you can see, the whole thing is holographic. However, from what I can tell Neo Genesis Sudowoodo is not a holographic card.

Anyone know anything about it or am I misinformed?

Thanks!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I don't know the worth of this card a little help pls?

Basic Zekrom (114/114) But the HP is 780?

View attachment 94341
    It's fake. The HP font looks too thin and the card doesn't appear to be textured. The art is also slightly larger than it appears on the official version.

Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I've been looking through my I cards and this is one that I can't find info on.

View attachment 94343

It's a Japanese Sudowoodo from Neo Genesis. As you can see, the whole thing is holographic. However, from what I can tell Neo Genesis Sudowoodo is not a holographic card.

Anyone know anything about it or am I misinformed?

Thanks!

Bootleg sticker card from vending machines. I love 'em, though!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2020

Hey, i got this card. probably some fake shit. But i can't find it anywhere on the internet. Its over 20 years old. Do you know it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2020
    Hello, can anybody help me with this card, I can't find it online, well l not the exact one. It's a first edition dark rattata holo. I can find it online without holo. But is it fake? Something missprinted? And I'm sorry but I can't post links. /mtVl8DV on imgur

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Hey, i got this card. probably some fake ****. But i can't find it anywhere on the internet. Its over 20 years old. Do you know it?
    Very fake. I haven't gotten any myself, but I've seen a lot of fakes that randomly paste Pokémon over other official cards.

Hello, can anybody help me with this card, I can't find it online, well l not the exact one. It's a first edition dark rattata holo. I can find it online without holo. But is it fake? Something missprinted? And I'm sorry but I can't post links. /mtVl8DV on imgur
    Link doesn't work, but do you mean Dark Raticate? Sounds fake either way. Dark Raticate (from the classic Team Rocket set) has never had an official holo print.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2020
    Hello, I just looked through my childhood Pokemon cards. Found this 1996 Pocket Monsters Japanese Mareep No.179. Found plenty online however mine has a very weird holographic pattern. Its many many different small holographic squares. Is this fake?

Thanks in advance!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Hello, I just looked through my childhood Pokemon cards. Found this 1996 Pocket Monsters Japanese Mareep No.179. Found plenty online however mine has a very weird holographic pattern. Its many many different small holographic squares. Is this fake?

Thanks in advance!
    @donavannj: Here's ya another one! xD

Yep, it's fake (it's actually a sticker). Used to find fakes like this with all sorts of foil patterns in vending machines around the early 2000's. I personally miss seeing them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2020
    Need Help ID'ing a Probable Fake Card

Hi, all.

I joined because you guys are my last hope. I was checking value on some of my kids old cards. I came across one that could possibly (most likely) be a fake but I would like to make sure. I have searched it every way I could. I get results for the same exact pic just different background. Can anyone help me?

TIA

Attachments

20201214_130145.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 6

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Hi, all.

I joined because you guys are my last hope. I was checking value on some of my kids old cards. I came across one that could possibly (most likely) be a fake but I would like to make sure. I have searched it every way I could. I get results for the same exact pic just different background. Can anyone help me?

TIA

Welcome! I'll merge this into the "What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" thread over in the TCG section, you'll for sure get the answer you're looking for there.

Years
    Hi, all.

TIA

The holo pattern used, especially for that particular card, is absolutely a sign of a counterfeit/fake.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2020
    Hello,

I apologize if this has been answered but I have searched VIA google and have been unable to find. I have a 1st edition Cloyster HOLO 32/62. I have not see any holos listed anywhere... is this rare?

Thanks

Years
    Hello,

I apologize if this has been answered but I have searched VIA google and have been unable to find. I have a 1st edition Cloyster HOLO 32/62. I have not see any holos listed anywhere... is this rare?

Thanks

Probably is a counterfeit sticker. Tons of sticker vending machines all over America had these during the first Pokemon craze. That Cloyster does not have a holo variant.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    Can someone please help an unknowing rookie? Yep it`s about Pokemon cards...

Hey!

So yeah this is the situation. I was at my neighbour a few days ago and we ended up talking about Pokemon and how valuable some cards can be and so on.
    And i rememberd that i actually have two pokemon cards for some reason. I recalled that it was Charizard on both cards and that there was a shiny background and all that. I had never thought that there could be any value in those cards, because i have absolutly no knowledge about Pokemon stuff.

Anyway, i went back to me and got them so i could show them to him.
    And my neighbour, lets call him Bob, got partly angry as hell and partly kind of starstrucked. Angry because he think that im probably sitting on a gold mine without knowing it and starstrucked because he loves pokemon more than he dare to admit.

So to get to the point, I have two Pokemon cards with Charizard, the background is shiny and there are some stamps or marking or whatever that might make them rare cards.
    So... is there someone out there that can tell if my cards have any value in them?
    I will try and upload a photo of them.

I know that i could send them to PSA and have them look at them. But because im living in sweden I feel it´s a bit of a hassle and too expensive to send them there without having any clue if there are any value in them.

So PLEASE can some kind person that have some knowledge about this just help me out a bit!

Cheers

Attachments

8.jpg
      122.9 KB · Views: 15
      9.jpg
      113.3 KB · Views: 12
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back