• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Opal & Coral [Coming soon - Winter 2008-2009]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years

6l8zo03.png
©2007-2008 Kike-Scott

post-17-1176748822.png

PHO Hack of the Month March'07

Hack of:
badge-ruby.png
Pokémon Ruby (U) [AXVE]
Language/s: English (Later Spanish translation)

6of8nky.png

There is a tale, a tale which people from Odorlan region tell. This tale tells of two Pokémon that appear in dreams... They are so-called messengers of the moon. One of them is said to makes wishes come true in a fantastic world of dreams whilst the other takes their darkest fears and plays them like a lullaby in their nightmares.

A young boy/girl from Woodbranch Town, in the south-western area of Odorlan, is excited at the thought of going with his/her best friend to meet the famous Prof. Rose in the Lake of Rage, of the Johto region.

They find the Prof. Rose on the Lake with his son, Zack. A sparkling yellow fish Pokémon splashes on the Lake's edge, a gleaming, shining, golden Magikarp. Prof. Rose and Zack are very impressed by this sight and but then fish Pokémon flails and falls back into the water. Rose is amazed! She asks our heroes to make a record of all Pokémon living on the Odorlan region, with hopes of seeing more wonderful Pokémon like that Magikarp.

Later in Millenia City, the next stop for our heroes, a shady character lurks near the Regional Technological Research Center… But what shady character is it? Who is he?

- Play Pokémon Opal Version and Pokémon Coral Version to find out!​

7xl9hdk.png

- A Brand New Professor with interest of Pokémon with alternative colors - Prof. Rose is her name!

- The new region of Odorlan, where many mysteries await!

- A large number of cities where all kinds of people and Pokémon lives.

- Good looking color palettes.

- New graphics for Pokémon. They never have been seen so well!

- A bunch of customized scripts. Any adventure in the Pokémon world needs action!

- Pokémon from the Sinnoh region. It'd seem that Odorlan is inhabited by all kinds of Pokémon!

- Diamond and Pearl tunes. Yes, the music from the DS Games is on Opal and Coral!

864vksw.png

What's Honney Tree?
They'll be the replacement of the Honeycombs of the original Opal/Coral. They will work in the same manner that they work in Diamond and Pearl.

How is the game progressing?

We have, for now, all outside maps until the Great Canyon, that's around 8 maps. Many sprites are already designed. The Beta 1 progress is about 20%. It will reach Siwa Oasis, which is after you get your first badge. The first beta is always the longest one to finish, so you have to wait a pretty long time before you can play this game.

What's the chronology with the other games?
The events are at the same time that Johto and Sinnoh.

What about Crystal Shards?
When Opal and Coral are updated, as you probably know, Crystal Shards is paused, and if Crystal Shards is updated, it means Opal and Coral are paused.

Isn't the Lake of Rage in Johto?

Yes it is. The Odorlan region is north of Johto, so you can visit Johto's Lake of Rage.

The hack will have all DP Pokémon?
Nope, just 25. They'll be the replacement of the ????, after Celebi. These are the ones that I will include:
Budew, Roserade, Munchlax, Bonsly, Mime Jr, Riolu, Lucario, Chatot, Cranidos, Rampardos, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Pachirisu, Buizel, Floatzel, and more!

Any DP moves?
No. Because it's really hard to figure out how make new ones.

Why this is taking so long?
Because I procastinate very much.

When this going to be continued?
Next work is scheduled on December 2008 - February 2009 timeframe.

85et25s.png

WoodbranchTown.png
Mom.png
Rival1sMom.png

LakeofRage.png
Rosebud_01.png
Rosebud_02.png

MountainRD_01.png
MountainRD_02.png
Budew.png

Roserade.png
Bonsly.png
MimeJr.png

Munchlax.png
CanyonEntrance_01.png
CanyonEntrance_02.png

CanyonEntrance_03.png
GreatCanyon_01.png
GreatCanyon_02.png
Milennia_01.png
RTRS-DialgaStatue.png
GlassDome.png

NEW!
RosebudRevamp.png
Revamped_Woodbranch.png

8ejnoms.png

None as of yet…

6y0ns4m.png

GameFreak, Nintendo, Wah, Shn, $_$ (MiniSprites), Mastermind_X for the shiny routine, HackMew for inserting it.
Green Charizard for banners, and this wonderful thread layout.
All tool makers (HackMew, LU-HO, Sanders Family, Glu, loadingNOW, Tutti, Xeon, Mewthree Inc., Breakpoint Software, and others)
Kyledove for all those wonderful tiles and palletes.
PokéCommunity

7yg6ogk.png

drawx2.png

kurce0.png

Thanks to Green Charizard

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
That's Great. Second replay :D .I waiting for more.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Isn't the Lake of Rage in Johto o.o
Oh well, if every region can have a Victory Road, then your region can have a 2nd Lake of Rage :P

Will all D/P pokemon make it into the game?
I also which moves will replace their D/P only moves.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Good to see the hack around here again, Kike.

Hope those DP Pokes turn out to be stable (and with cool new movesets!)

Hmmm... Well, that's all (don't have anything to ask yet)
Good luck!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Surprised3.jpg
WOW!!! I love what I'm seeing (well, not right now, 'cause I see the screen where I'm typing a comment)
Happy2.jpg

Smile.jpg
The hacks great! Keep it up!!!

-Takashi-

..:*Yawns*:..
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2007
W0W

nice job making opal and coral Kike-Scott!lets hope the first beta comes very soon ^^

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Oh yeah! I was hoping you would bring Opal/Coral to the PC. It looks really good, Kike. Can't wait to see more!

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow this looks awesome dude!!!
The sprites and graphics look cool!!
Keep it up.
Good luck

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
One of the things that jumps out most at me is the graphics. Awesome stuff.

I'm excited for this.

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
Years
Yay! DP pokemon! ... wait ... note to self play DP first before getting excited... noted

Will this be one hack or two?

cpsp

Hack Lover
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2015
like the hack. the dp pokemon look great. keep it up

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2014
this hack looks amazing :O Very nice tiles, sprites and colors. Frame is also cool, I am wondering will there be option to select its color?

psyduckmaniac

Yes.I've played pkmn dungeon 2
Years
  • E4
  • Seen Jun 13, 2008
OMG, This has some of the best tiles ive ever seen for ruby it looks like it will rock, And a shiny magikarp overworld PWNSOME
( PWNSOME = stick toung out+OWNSOME )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back