• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When is the next new one?

Years
Like what the post above said, the dub removed the text that appeared on-screen when a Z-Move got used. This was likely so it wouldn't have to be translated into all those languages for each international dub.

Anyways, it is good to know we'll finally be getting SM dub episodes in full, even if they'll be airing in Canada first.

Years
SM007's dub title got announced. It's called That's Why Litten is a Scamp!.

SM004 will be airing in Canada this Saturday.

Years
'twas Canada.

Rotomdex is fine voice wise by my lord, the dialogue is cringe

Cringey dialogue is certainly not unheard of in the Pokémon anime.
If I may give you possibly one of the worst moments in the anime's history:

So Ash is fighting the crystal/vine monster thing at the end of XYZ, which is quite literally the most important moment in many of these characters' lives. None of these people besides Ash are likely to face anything this dramatic or dangerous for the rest of their lives. If Ash fails, then the Kalos region is doomed, and everyone will die. So of course, ONE BY ONE, in an extremely drawn out sequence, which quite frankly ruined the whole episode: (I don't remember the order)
Viola: "let's go!"
Grant: "let's go!"
Korrina: "let's go!"
Ramos: "let's go!"
Clemont: "let's go!"
Serena: "let's go!"
Steven Stone: "let's go!"
Diantha: "let's go!"
Alain: "let's go!"
Valeria: "let's go!"
Olympia: "let's go!"
Wulfric: "let's go!"
Professor Sycamore: "let's go!"

If you didn't hate the phrase "let's go" after that episode, then I praise your integrity.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I watched the raw.

Granted I didn't care about XYZ at all by that point but 'IKUZE!' over and over was just...gah, just get on with it.

Guest123_x1

When are new episodes going to air in the U.S.?
I wouldn't be surprised if the US doesn't get to see any further SM episodes until at least late summer if at all. (If things are bad enough, the rest of the world will be finished with the SM run LONG before Americans can even see the third episode and beyond.) I'm beginning to wonder if The Pokémon Company is deliberately withholding/embargoing the Sun/Moon anime dub from the US, perhaps (my guess) as a retaliation due to Donald Trump being President (let's not get into a flame war over this, PLEASE).

I wish the Pokémon anime could have been picked up by a broadcast (antenna) network (possibly a subchannel network such as Antenna TV or This TV) or put into first-run syndication to local stations (a la Dr. Phil and Jeopardy!) like it was when it first came our way in 1998.

If TPCi is deliberately not allowing Disney XD to run Sun/Moon past the first two episodes, then they should consider putting further episodes on Pokémon TV.

Last edited:
Years
Okay this is starting to get ridiculous.

When are new episodes going to air in the U.S.?

Disney XD is likely waiting for a huge chunk of episodes to be dubbed so that they can air them in a block format, like they do with most of their new shows. They did this approach with both Star vs The Forces of Evil and Yo-Kai Watch.

Or they're waiting for the anime to reach 26 episodes, so they can air the "first season" rather than the typical 40+ episodes.

26 seems very short for a Pokemon season, but it could be understandable if they don't want the US to fall too far behind.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I wonder if there are issues with editing and rewriting. With what I've seen of the subbed episodes there's been some scenes with lines that wouldn't be dubbed and some scenes with images that some might find disturbing. The dub is no stranger to edits and rewrites though of course.

Or the US production company isn't happy with it so they're delaying it as long as they can? It could just be that Disney XD is waiting for more episodes so they can do a block of them to start too.

Years
Should I just watch the subs? I can't do both, the different languages make it feel like they're completely different characters to me.

Years
Should I just watch the subs? I can't do both, the different languages make it feel like they're completely different characters to me.

Well, considering the horrible episode titles for the dub and the controversial opinion regarding some voices (namely Lillie and Samson Oak) I'd probably say the sub may actually be better to watch this time around.

Years
I agree that the delay on when the next episode of the Sun and Moon anime being shown in the U.S. is getting very ridiculous. So now I see myself having two different options, either stop watching the anime or wait until the Sun and Moon anime is available on Netflix.

It is definitely bad that the US could be going back to Kids WB-era style waiting periods if the delay gets very ridiculous. Whether to choose quit watching the anime or wait for the episodes to be online comes down to if you actually like the saga or not, at least how I'd handle it.

Considering it could be a very long time before the Pokemon anime finds itself on Netflix, if the delay is getting too long you could go on hiatus from watching for a while.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Well, considering the horrible episode titles for the dub and the controversial opinion regarding some voices (namely Lillie and Samson Oak) I'd probably say the sub may actually be better to watch this time around.
Why is there controversy about Samson Oak's voice? His voice reminded me of Professor Oak's original voice but with some Hawaiian in the two dub episodes that aired already and I thought that was really cool.

Years
Why is there controversy about Samson Oak's voice? His voice reminded me of Professor Oak's original voice but with some Hawaiian in the two dub episodes that aired already and I thought that was really cool.

On Serebii, I saw some users hated his voice, coupled with the fact it wasn't even the same voice actor as Samuel Oak like everyone else wanted.

Back