• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When is the next new one?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
What's the opinions on the dub theme song? I didn't like it at all personally, but I liked the end credits music and the animation for them was pretty cool.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
The end credits is the same as the opening sans lyrics?

It's enjoyable to me. I've heard better. I've heard worse. Sort of a guilty pleasure of mine.

Oh...and TPCi changes the BGM simply so that instead of paying royalties to Japan, they can get those royalties instead. Money at the end of the day.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Hmm... well then...

The series is starting to get a little better now.

It's either that or I have a high tolerance for idiocy.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
The end credits is the same as the opening sans lyrics?
Yes I realize the end credits music is the same as the intro without music. It's the lyrics of the intro I don't really care for, but as an instrumental it's fine.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Did episode 4 come on on the 14th like it was supposed to? I had the entire series to record all episodes, but it didn't record the episode so I missed the Rowlet episode and it doesn't look like there is going to be a rerun. It may just be on my side, but it annoys the hell out of me, that of all the episodes that could have been skipped, it ends up not recording one of the main freaking episodes. And nothing else was recording at the time.

Not only that, but the guide is listing episodes 6 and 7 as like episodes 20 and 21.

As for the theme song, not a fan of it. But I hate the Japanese version as well. It is worse that Gen 5 openings.

Years
As for the theme song, not a fan of it. But I hate the Japanese version as well. It is worse that Gen 5 openings.

I agree with this. I watched the first two episodes just to see if I would like this saga and unfortunately I hated it just as I expected. You know Sun & Moon is a bad series if its English dub OPs are worse than the other bad saga which was Best Wishes.

I get that Sun & Moon's OP is meant to fit with Alola by having that Hawaiian-like sound in the music, but it does definitely sound like something out of a toddler's show as well.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Did episode 4 come on on the 14th like it was supposed to? I had the entire series to record all episodes, but it didn't record the episode so I missed the Rowlet episode and it doesn't look like there is going to be a rerun. It may just be on my side, but it annoys the hell out of me, that of all the episodes that could have been skipped, it ends up not recording one of the main freaking episodes. And nothing else was recording at the time.

Not only that, but the guide is listing episodes 6 and 7 as like episodes 20 and 21.
Yes the Rowlet episode aired this morning at 9am. For some reason Disney XD ran episode 3 again at 7:30 eastern rather than rerunning episode 4. I noticed the episode numbers are weird like that on my guide too, and it looks like some have the Japanese premiere date listed as their air date.

And yeah I agree about the theme song. It has too much of a childish sounding vibe.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Just watched episode 3 of the dub...

I gotta say, I prefer Rotomdex dub VA's performance than the original... I feel Daisuke Namikawa's performance is overplayed to the point of him being annoying at times... Roger Callagy performance and the voice effect actually makes him sound like a regular pokedex.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
The more episodes I watch, the more I begin to like the SM series.

That or I'm starting to get used to the stupidity.

Glad to hear you finally like it :D

Not really stupid... it has a different feel from other Pokemon series because of the writers fully embracing the iyashikei genre. The show gives a warm and nostalgic vibe that tries to make you smile. Iyashikei is Healing after all :D

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
To be completely honest...

I think it's mostly due to the fact that it's hard for me to hate any Pokemon series.

It was bad at first but it's possible I've just... gotten used to it I guess? I don't really know honestly.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
My impression of Sun and Moon so far is that it's not bad it's... alright. It's entertaining enough that I'm watching it, mainly because of the funny moments, but I do wish there was more battling and Ash traveled around going for badges and different battles like he did before. There's a little more action than I thought but still could be more. The dub dialogue though to me has been pretty poor so far, and most of the supporting characters are either annoying, feel unnecessary, or are poorly written. I also think there's too much focus on the human characters and not enough on the Pokémon.

Years
Jjc has a true point. I feel Sun & Moon has drifted too much away from the battles, since there's been a notable lack of battling so far, and the human cast getting more focus than the actual Pokemon also feels out-of-place.

Back