• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When is the next new one?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 24, 2018
Nice find. Wikipedia is usually pretty good when it comes to episode lists of shows, so this is most likely true. It plays on the idea we had. So it looks like we were right.

We will accelerate through the episodes until we catch up and then we will be back on the 1 episode a week format. This is similar to what they did in Sinnoh. For about a month we had 2 new episodes every day and then they suddenly changed it back to the weekly format.
Is this what is meant by block format?????

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Is this what is meant by block format?????

I don't think so. I think what people were afraid would happen is there would be a lot of episodes come out all at once, and then they would show 6 episodes back to back, every day until there were no more to show. Leaving large gaps between seasons. Usually a Block Format is a period of 3 hours for a single show or a series of shows like Toonami in the USA.

What they are doing for SM, is playing catch up so that USA isn't behind the other English speaking countries and then they switch back over to 1 episode a week.

I don't know why people were so afraid of this. I mean I understand that Disney does that sometimes, but Pokemon has been on Disney XD in every other English speaking country other than the USA, and they didn't use a block format then.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Not to mention that block formats are pretty common for children's shows. Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Disney, etc will have a few weeks a year where there is a new episode of a particular show every weekday. It's a sweeps thing.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 24, 2018
[moderator edit]
You can watch the first 8 episodes here
Just click on a episode and fill the captcha
They also have sub episodes for further watching

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I'm assuming that link is not legal.

As for Disney XD, is it known yet when the new episodes will air after the first week? Saturdays at 9am eastern?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
[moderator edit]
You can watch the first 8 episodes here
Just click on a episode and fill the captcha
They also have sub episodes for further watching

I'm assuming that link is not legal.

As for Disney XD, is it known yet when the new episodes will air after the first week? Saturdays at 9am eastern?
You're right, we don't allow linking to downright illegal sites or content on PC, as it can count as distributing it.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Hey guys. I have been looking at the calendar today. And although I can't really tell if they are new episodes or not, this is the time of days that Pokemon Sun and Moon are coming on. Forgive if someone has posted the times already.

May 12th - Episodes 1 and 2 - 9pm Eastern
May 13th - Episodes 3 - 9am Eastern
May 14th - Episode 4 - 9am Eastern
May 15th - Episode ? - 4pm Eastern
May 16th - Episode ? - 4pm Eastern
May 17th - Episode ? - 4pm Eastern
May 18th - Episode ? - 4pm Eastern

I can't tell if the 15th - 18th are new episodes or not. I do not see the title of the episode in the calendar I am looking at.
Looking at my provider's program guide this is correct. The 15th through 18th are new episodes.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 24, 2018
You're right, we don't allow linking to downright illegal sites or content on PC, as it can count as distributing it.
Well i am sorry but i didn't know that the link was illegal but the episodes were awesome

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
So... I watched the first 2 episodes of the Sun/Moon series on demand yesterday.

It's... okay. I guess.

But it's trying way to hard to be 'funny' making it not funny at all.

Also... it's clearly stealing material from Yo Kai Watch. At least from some episodes of Yo Kai Watch that I've seen.

Also... this Tapu Koko/Ash relationship is giving me a bad feeling that they're going to eventually have Ash catch Tapu Koko.

If that happens... I will be... VERY UNHAPPY. To say the least.

I don't know if the series will even be watchable anymore after that.

Years
So... I watched the first 2 episodes of the Sun/Moon series on demand yesterday.

It's... okay. I guess.

Also... it's clearly stealing material from Yo Kai Watch. At least from some episodes of Yo Kai Watch that I've seen.

Also... this Tapu Koko/Ash relationship is giving me a bad feeling that they're going to eventually have Ash catch Tapu Koko.

I watched those first two episodes just to see how bad SM would be, and my reaction was pretty much similar to yours - I was completely disgusted at the new format and Ash being all wussy and dorky.

Sun & Moon is definitely unwatchable to me, that I will never be watching any future episodes because of how ashamed I am that Yo-Kai Watch successfully killed Pokemon, in terms of quality.

Japan is now up to episode 26, and Ash still hasn't shown interest in the next Island Trial. It's so sad that I now prefer Ash becoming a complete noob again rather than becoming all dorky and constantly being abused by everything solely just to make the Japanese audience laugh.

I do like to laugh at comedic moments in a kids show, but I'd rather laugh at something like We Bare Bears, Steven Universe or even Thomas & Friends rather than this crap. I know what denotes comedy I can stand, and what doesn't. Pokemon Sun & Moon is definitely not comedy I can stand.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
As disappointed as I am...

I'm not one of those people that 'pick and choose' seasons to watch or jump around in terms of seasons.

I'm a perfectionist. Either I watch all of it or I don't watch it at all. Though there may be an exception to that soon but the exception won't be Pokemon.

Basically... what I'm trying to say... is that I'm going to keep watching. Even if I have to force myself too.

But yes. I'd say SM is the most disappointed I've been in a season yet.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
For a show so full of life and optimism my gosh whats with all the pessimism to the new series.

Maybe because Pokemon Sun and Moon feels mostly like a iyashikei show and not a the traditional shounen battle show that everyone is used to that's eliciting the "Disappointment" in everyone.

As most reviewers and critics allude to it being warm and nostalgic feeling (I echo the same sentiment)... while most find it dumbing down and a copying Yokai watch. Yet don't see the merits of the show Such as the animation and overall pacing. As shown with the episode 23 with nyabii. Also the change in art-style wasn't because of yokai watch, its cause of an upgrade in software and change character model philosophy (Which makes the characters more easy to draw out of proportion and animate, which yields tons of dynamic frames in the show. Unlike the old static style the anime had). The team had finally modernized the entire development of the show, with the experience they got from XY and XY&Z.

Oh and to those who still say that Yokai watch is killing Pokemon please look at the sales of Yokai watch in both Japan and Internationally. The Yokai watch franchise is dying and has proven to be just a fad with it's profits slowly decreasing after its initial boom in 2014. Yokai Watch 3 even struggled after its first week of sales. Level 5 even hinted that the next game might be moved to mobile of all places (Not the switch). Not to mention Pokemon saw a huge revival in japan after Pokemon GO and Sun and Moon. Yokai watch is still holding on there with its live action movie kicking butt in the box office beating Star wars. But after the initial hype died down. It fell from 1st to 6th place after one week in the box office.

I feel that most people who say Yokai watch is better than pokemon haven't actually seen the show or the movies. In what department is it beating Pokemon in Story? Animation? Music? fight and action Choreography? Where exactly?

Years
It looks like those who knew Yo-Kai would be nothing more than a fad were right after all, especially if their next game has to become mobile-only of all things. I can see Cid's point on the new Sun & Moon art style being an upgrade of sorts, but to me it feels more like a downgrade.

CidHazard

Years
It is kind off a downgrade since we don't always have 'on' model characters XD

Unless it's UFO table, I don't think that most studio's can get away with always having their characters drawn well (That's why if you pause on certain frames of Sun and moon the characters look weird)

The old characters design is drawn to look cool at all times (Hence the sharp lines on the characters... Ash's hair looks like it could kill a person, looks damn cool tho~ Kalos Ash FTW)... while the new character designs are made with animation in mind (That's why they're more rounded edges. Gives more room for off model movement).

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Art style is subjective. Some prefer a simpler tone. Some prefer the sharper style.

Depends on what people prefer really.

I think the biggest issue people have is that SM isn't a 'point A to point B' type of anime. While that's not necessarily a bad thing, it takes on more SoL components that sagas before it which may not be everyone's cup of tea, especially when lot's of SoL anime give the impression that nothing is happening. There's a lack of urgency and while some plot points have been set up, they've not really been explored thus far.

Perhaps it's because there is no league. Ash didn't come to compete, he came to relax and only enrolled because he thought it would be cool. Considering how there isn't a sense of urgency in getting the badges before the league starts, people are put off.

For what it's worth, I'm enjoying this version of Ash, it feels like we're exploring him as a person and what Ash is like, not just what sort of trainer he is. Helps that Pokemon are on display constantly, although that's an upside of the stationary setting.

CidHazard

Years
I think the biggest issue people have is that SM isn't a 'point A to point B' type of anime. While that's not necessarily a bad thing, it takes on more SoL components that sagas before it which may not be everyone's cup of tea, especially when lot's of SoL anime give the impression that nothing is happening. There's a lack of urgency and while some plot points have been set up, they've not really been explored thus far.

Perhaps it's because there is no league. Ash didn't come to compete, he came to relax and only enrolled because he thought it would be cool. Considering how there isn't a sense of urgency in getting the badges before the league starts, people are put off.

It's full on Iyashikei(Healing) Frozocrone... if you like the set up there's a whole genre dedicated to it. Flying Witch, Sweetness and lightning, and K-on are examples of this. There's always been undertones, but Sun and Moon embraced it. It's a feel good show designed to elicit happy emotions in you.

I guess that isn't what most western fans look for in a Pokemon anime tho :D

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I don't think it's what most Western fans like, rather I think it's what most Western fans don't think of when they think of the Pok?mon anime.

Either that, or a lot of fans are teens/young adults and want a more serious anime (why XY is favoured by a lot of people). Or for Ash to grow up and develop as they grew older.

Most blame BW anyway for confirming he's still ten xD

Idk the real reason. Probably varies from viewer to viewer.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Well... episode 3 was better than the first 2.

However... that Rotom Dex VA...

NO. JUST NO.

They should have gotten a more 'ghostly' voice and not a dumb 'computerized' voice.

*sighs*

-_-

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
What the heck? They changed the BGM for the SM anime! They didn't with the sneak peek back in December. If this was the main reason why it took this long for the dub to premiere here in the U.S., then it's outrageous because this is a channel owned by Disney, which has more money than Cartoon Network.

It's... okay. I guess.

Are we watching the same series? Most of the jokes had me bursting with laughter thanks to the change in art style.

Well... episode 3 was better than the first 2.

However... that Rotom Dex VA...

NO. JUST NO.

They should have gotten a more 'ghostly' voice and not a dumb 'computerized' voice.

*sighs*
Rotom Dex also has a 'computerized" voice in the original Japanese version, so blame the original version?

Years
Remember that the dub has always been changing most, if not all the background music so it was expected the sneak peek airing would be a one-off case.

Back