• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Postcount Milestones

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • Are postcount 'milestones' important to you, for example 100, 500, 1000, etc.? Or do you tend to just skip over them completely?

Another question, does postcount as a whole matter to you or could you not care less about how many posts you've made on here?

For me, the only real important postcount milestone I've had was at 15 posts because that's when you're able to start posting links, lol.

Fire away. And yes this is my 500th post.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Woo 500th post!

I actually had no idea you couldn't post links before your fifteenth lol - that's a weird one.

Anyway, postcount sort of matters to me, but it sort of doesn't. I think it definitely makes you feel like less of a noob if you have a high postcount, which can only be a good thing - however I'm not sure that the milestones mean all that much to me.

That said, the 100 mark meant a lot to me because I wanted to make claims lol.

Ayselipera

Are postcount 'milestones' important to you, for example 100, 500, 1000, etc.? Or do you tend to just skip over them completely?
    When I first joined I was in a hurry to get 1000 because I thought I would look like more of a regular member that way, but then I reached it and realized nothing was different. Now though I don't care. I honestly don't even know what my post count is right now as I type this.

Another question, does postcount as a whole matter to you or could you not care less about how many posts you've made on here?
    I care in the sense of the larger my post count gets the more I believe I really need to quit being here. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't care about reaching a particular amount ending in zeros; but having made a nonspecific 'thousands of posts' over the course of years is something I feel I can take some pride in as a member of this site.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I WANT 1000000 POSTS NAO!!!

But having more post counts is important I guess because it shows how much you've contributed to this community.

Years
  • I care about post count to the extent that it can amuse me with the statistical playthings it provides me with. I do not use it significantly to evaluate a person's forum status or knowledge of the forum's functions, if I even use it for that at all. I usually use how they carry themselves around the forum for those.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Meh, having a relatively high postcount at least shows that you're active on the site. But, it's not that important. By the way, according to the members list, the user with the highest postcount is Ryoutarou with 30,417 posts. But, I really don't care. I have a constantly growing postcount, that's all that matters.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I haven't hit one in years, lol. It's not like it matters! I personally believe someone with 500 great, substantiative posts or even just a presence on IRC can contribute plenty to the community, and I have a crazy high post count and I haven't been active in a long time. Moreover, I bet if certain forums had post count enabled I'd probably be close to 20k. So it really doesn't show much except I posted here a lot, in, what, 2005-6? ^^;; I still think they're something worth celebrating, just not taking über super seriously! After all, it is exciting to look at your post count and see Posts: 10,000. But at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

I actually had no idea you couldn't post links before your fifteenth lol - that's a weird one.

I might be wrong, but if I remember correctly, it's to cripple spambots and advertisers.

ETA: Organising the Members List by posts, why am I not surprised by who's at 30k...?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I thought 10k posts was pretty cool, cause I've always wanted to catch up to Went's post count for some reason. Now I'm 12k and he's just now hitting 11k so I find that funny. I don't really care about post count, but it is kinda cool hitting something huge like 10k.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • The time I reached 1000 posts here I got pretty excited about it, anything after that didn't really feel like anything though xD

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I remember I was curious how many I actually had so I calculated all the clubs I posted in and it was over 7000 or something, I don't quite remember but it was a lot (and a few years ago). They don't count though because it was in member fanclubs haha. So since my posts never really counted or showed how active I was as a member, I never really cared about them. Hitting cool even numbers like 1000 or 2000 is fun to see though :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I like watching my count go up but I don't put much stock in it. :3;

Post count makes me see people differently, but not in the way most people say. If I see someone with 20 posts contributing in the same way as someone with 5,000 posts, I'll be much more impressed by them. In the same vein, if I see someone with thousands of posts that posts particularly badly, I'll be much more put off than a new person posting badly.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I don't really celebrate them much unless they're major stones...like 1k or a 5k marker.

Other than that it's more like..."Oh look, that was my XXXXth post." *edits post to include mention of that fact*

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I don't care much about them besides milestones like 100th, 500th, 1000th, etc..

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I don't really care about them much. Sure it's nice to look at every once in a while, but like other users said, at the end of the day it doesn't matter. It doesn't really show anything beside you're pretty active in the posting area of the forum.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    My own post count? Quality > quantity; I couldn't care less.

The post-count of others? I like it when I see an intelligent member with a small post-count, because most of the time it means they're new or just-returning. So I'll have a new member to pay some interest to. But really the join date is more useful in that sense, so the post count really is useless.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    I do not use it significantly to evaluate a person's forum status or knowledge of the forum's functions, if I even use it for that at all. I usually use how they carry themselves around the forum for those.

I like you.

What he said.
    howmanycharactersisthatnow

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Yes, I set post count goals. My current goal is 1,000 posts. I don't really obsess over post count, but I do set goals, which is a good way to make sure that I'm actively post, and I joined in 2008 and made huge gaps between posts, so I have a pretty low post count for my join date, so I want to fix that. I try to make my post count come naturally, so I try to post meaningfully. I guess post count is just a way to set goals for me.

Back