• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Postcount Milestones

Years
    Postcount itself doesn't really mean that much to me, i'll usually notice when i'm about to hit a miltstone though. Like for example i'm getting close to 1000 posts.
    Saying that though the 1000 post milestone does mean something to me because i want to hit it before my pair does >:D

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Are postcount 'milestones' important to you, for example 100, 500, 1000, etc.? Or do you tend to just skip over them completely?
    Milestones were important to me when I first joined.

Another question, does postcount as a whole matter to you or could you not care less about how many posts you've made on here?
    I prefer quality over quantity, like I said, I cared about postcount when I first joined,

Gabri

m8
    Years
    I couldn't care less about post counts. One person is not smarter or nicer or whatever than another because they have 10000 posts and the other has 2000.

I never had post count milestones while I was here. I'm here to have fun and make friends, not to spam and flood this place with posts.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Not really. I remember when I first joined it was like.
    "ZOMG *number* POSTS YAYYY"
    But now, I really dont care, it's not like anyone really cares how many posts someones made.

Though I want 4000 so I can have blogs js.

Years
    Back then when I was a little bit more of a noob than I still am, I remember being uber excited about my 1000st post. That post was, like 2000 of my other useless and not quality posts, posted in the DCC, and I had like stacks of MooMoo milk everywhere, and I think I even gave out "thanks" as if I was winning a frikin award or something. Ohhh, I smh at my 2009 self.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I was happy that I reached my 1000th post count. Then after that I don't even care about it anymore. I won't be as too excited when I reach 2000.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    No. Post count doesn't mean anything to me. It's one of the most trivial things you can worry about. In fact, I sometimes feel the higher my post count is, the more I need to find something more productive to do with my time.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I don't really think it matters. You don't get respect or anything like it for having a big post count.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The hundreds and thousands... don't really matter to me anymore. .__.; But I definitely noticed the first time I got into second place. And was counting down the thousands to first place before there was a massive post recount and Jorfe gained like 6k posts out of nowhere. >:O I was gonna be first to 30k!

But anyway. I do notice postcount. It's kind of the only material goal I can have on PC nowadays. XD;

Years
    I hardly ever notice my postcount anymore, tbh. So no, I don't set milestones anymore. I'm past 5k, which nets me blogs if I leave/get demoted, which is all I care about. d("d) Even though I don't post much, I love my blog ;_;

The only time I notice my postcount is if it's a nice, even number, but that's because it looks nice. And then I post again and ruin it. XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    They mattered to me when I was like... fifteen. I believe I made a milestone out of my 666th, 1000th, and 1337th posts. The first and last are kinda weird to acknowledge, but I remember being like "HAHAHA I'M SO 1337" and... oh god it's embarrassing. D;

Post count doesn't matter much to me now. I literally just noticed I hit 3000 posts at some point recently but I really don't pay attention otherwise.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I'm here since December 2009 (using two accounts) and had ~450 posts in that time, so no. I don't post alot and the count doesn't matter to me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I once cared overall, aka I memorised the date I got 10,000, lol :x
    And 20,000 only 'cause that was PC anniversary but still--oh God have I made 4,000 posts in less than a year, what.

And I only cared about 24,000 because 23,000 looked ugly. Now I don't care and I'd be fine if my post count stayed at 24,000-ish forever. :3

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Once upon a time I cared about post count. That's when I first joined the forum though and thought I needed to post more so the larger my number looked, the more active and established I looked. Then, it became more of a trivial matter, and I don't even care anymore. Sometimes I go on a posting-spree just because I feel like it, and sometimes I may only post twice or three times in the day. Only on occasion do I ever acknowledge my post count number, but it means nothing to me really.

To give you an idea, I had an account before this. On that account, I had 5000+ posts. I gave all that up when I started fresh as Let's Get Lost Together. (i.e. this account right now).

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Doesn't really matter to me to be honest, though I do like to think I'm contributing to the community when I see some sort of milestone. I'm actually close to 3,000 now. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    To me, post count shows how much you contribute to discussions. Post counts are also milestones to me (I got up to 4k posts a week or two ago).

Back