• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

To reveal, or not to reveal - that is the question:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
  • Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous townsmen
    Or to take arms against a sea of Mafiosi,
    And by opposing end them.

Role reveals are oft fraught with controversy and lengthy discourse. Very often people are wary of those who reveal, and on the other side of the coin, people buy it. Assuming you have a role, would you ever reveal yourself in a game? If so, how do you determine the best time to reveal and how would you handle the reactions to come? And if you're the player that doesn't reveal their roles, what would you do if someone comes out and claims your role?​

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Depends on the role I got. If it was something that would be really helpful, like the Nymph in F&D, I would try to pick out the threat without anyone noticing, and just reveal when everything is too late. If someone were to claim my role, I'd let them do what they do... Makes my job simpler since no one is looking at me.

Years
  • I don't usually reveal my role since it just attracts unwarranted attention and more often that not causes the person revealing more problems then it does positives. In saying that though, I will reveal my role if I deem it the best course of action.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Nobody believes you when you reveal your role more often than not. Even if you flat out said you were the x, people would just call you a liar and proceed to lynch you. :P

I've revealed my role a few times and had moderate success with doing so. I certainly survived beyond my initial state of affairs.

Years
  • Nobody believes you when you reveal your role more often than not. Even if you flat out said you were the x, people would just call you a liar and proceed to lynch you. :P

I've revealed my role a few times and had moderate success with doing so. I certainly survived beyond my initial state of affairs.

You seem to live longer when your roles are made up haha

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Come to think of it, the only time I didn't reveal my role at one point was in THG, and that was because I was the mafia boss lol

But yeah unless I'm not allowed to, or it's going to cause me big problems, I ususally like to reveal my role at some point if it will get GP killed won't get me killed.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I only do when revealing it will provide a decent amount of information to the players, like when I'm a detective and now three alignments or two mafia members. Otherwise it'll only get you killed, if not during day, then in the next night.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well can't forget the chaos that happened throughout the whole game that was caused because of Klippy revealing he was the medic in THG :')

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Well y'know guys, just saying...

ly6kw.jpg

Yukari

Nobody believes you when you reveal your role more often than not. Even if you flat out said you were the x, people would just call you a liar and proceed to lynch you. :P

And this, is why I don't reveal my role... I did in Faeries and Deamons on the last day because I wanted the Haevenites to win but that's a different story.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Always reveal your role. If it's like a detective or seer or something. If not don't bother you'll just be wasting your life. but of course there's always the ones who will jump at literally anything anyone says and then get you lynched because someone claims to have the same role as you when they clearly don't.

Years
  • Always reveal your role. If it's like a detective or seer or something. If not don't bother you'll just be wasting your life. but of course there's always the ones who will jump at literally anything anyone says and then get you lynched because someone claims to have the same role as you when they clearly don't.

Would you like some salt with that comment? :P

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Going by past experiences, I doubt a role reveal would leave me alive at the end of the day lol.

But I think for investigative roles, perhaps after four to six nights, which should've harvested sufficient information and assuming you haven't died, would be sorta ideal. Also if I ever saw someone claiming to be my role, I'd just question their credibility without making it obvious that I could be the real role.

Of course if someone wants to be the Serial Killer and take the fall for me, I'll play. ;)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • The only time I've ever successfully did a role reveal was spoodergurl in F&D, and tbh to get a great role reveal, you have to build the trust of other players on you. If people really trust you that much then gg :] That really goes both ways...

Back