• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen What is your current team?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • My All Grass team (Halfway through the Rainbow Rocket episode)

Stephen the Naive Decidueye - Black Glasses
    Natalya the Relaxed Lurantis - Quick Claw
    Charlotte the Naughty Tsareena - Fightinium Z
    Anastasia the Naughty (And Heroic) Lilligant - Rose Incense
    Paige the Quirky Shiny Shiftry - Silk Scarf
    Samuel the Naughty Venusaur - Poison Barb

Paige was found as a Shiny Nuzleaf in an Ultra Wormhole. This team was the team I won the Alola League with.

Lilligant (Named after her OT) has been the undisputed star of the team so far. She somehow defeated half of Kahili's all flying team enabling me to win a battle I had no real right of winning, defeated 5 of the Champions team, single handedly defeated Blue to give my trainer access to the battle tree and has even taken on villainous leaders and defeated their Legendaries.

Last edited:

PokeTrekkie92

Gym Leader of Alabaster
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    Just beat the Pokemon league on Ultra Sun!, here's an update of my team
    Incineroar Lv.71

Butterfree Lv.66

Lycanroc (Dusk Form) Lv.65

Ampharos Lv.66

Vaporeon Lv.65

Tyrantrum Lv.64

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Cleared the main story yesterday, team was this upon entering the Hall of Fame:

Spoiler:

onto the post-game we go

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • I'm still on the first island (right before the Kahuna) but I'll post what I have on my team right now and update later with stats and levels and everything else

Torracat (Lv. 18)
    Scratch
    Fire Fang
    Growl
    Lick

Winter Deerling (Lv. 19)
    Tackle
    Leech Seed
    Double Kick
    Sand Attack

Hawlucha (Lv. 16)
    Roost
    Hone Claws
    Karate Chop
    Aerial Ace

Inkay (Lv. 16)
    Tackle
    Psywave
    Foul Play
    Topsy Turvy

Zorua (Lv. 16)
    Scratch
    Leer
    Pursuit
    Fake Tears

Rufflet (Lv. 14) (kinda want a ground type replacement)
    Peck
    Leer
    Hone Claws
    Wing Attack

Last edited:

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Just beat the league with this team! Pretty much everyone except Muk was brought over from Pokémon Bank. Personally, one of my fav teams I've used in any of the games I've played:

Gogoat (Orland)
    Emboar (Watkins Glen)
    Alolan Muk (Yellowstone)
    Carracosta (Ikaika)
    Togekiss (Denali)
    Bouffalant (Charlie)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    Lycanroc, Lv 51
    Decidueye, LV 51
    Vaporeon, Lv 50
    Gyrados, LV 50
    Kadabra, Lv 50
    Flareon, Lv 43 (Just rotated onto my team)

Bay

Years
  • Team I used for the Pokemon League recently!

Decidueye
    Malamar
    Salazzle
    Magnezone
    Noivern
    Araquanid

Don't remember the exact levels, but they're all in the mid to high 60s. Will resume to postgame stuff soon!

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Got Ultra Moon on Christmas Eve, I'm about to do Mallow's whoops, I meant Lana's trial. My team...

*Georgium the Brionne (M) - My starter! I picked Rowlet in Moon and Litten in Sun, so this one was a shoe-in. He's the powerhouse of the team, as starters tend to be; he has Water Gun for STAB, Disarming Voice for Fairy Coverage and eventual STAB, Icy Wind for coverage and because Ice is irresistible, and he used to know Aqua Jet for the priority, but I recently decided to replace it with Encore to help Peri (below) out...Name comes from "Georgium Sidus", a historical alternate name for the planet Uranus (which is my favorite)

*Mir the Grubbin (F) - First catch! One of the Pokemon I'd planned on using since before I got the game. She's actually surprisingly good in battle, even in her state of unevolved bugginess. She has Bug Bite, Mud Slap, Vice Grip, and she just learned Spark. She holds Normalium Z to use with Vice Grip - the attack is a bit underwhelming, but I just wanted to give it to somebody. Mud Slap is such an underrated move - I tend to use it either many times at the beginning of the battle to disable my opponent, or when I think Mir's about to faint as a last-ditch effort to make things easier for the next Pokemon I send in. She's named after the space station Mir, because Grubbin evolves into something resembling a vehicle.

*Aries the Crabrawler (F) - Another team member I planned in advance; I got her from the first berry pile I could! It's funny - as the battle began, I had a really strong intuition that it was going to be a female Crabrawler that came out, and she was! She has Bubble (haven't gotten anything to replace it yet), Leer, Pursuit (Dark coverage and a potentially useful effect) and Brick Break (replaced Rock Smash when I got the TM, and a very welcome replacement at that). She one-shotted the Totem Raticate! She's named after the constellation Aries, which is...not really relevant to the Pokemon, but I thought it sounded nice.

*Wow the Noibat (F) - This one was unexpected! I had no idea Noibat was even in UM until I encountered her in Verdant Cavern, and I just couldn't resist catching her - I love bats! Her moves are Screech, Supersonic, Bite and Wing Attack. She's even better at setup than Mir, being able to Confuse the opponent and lower their Defense, and of course she's my best counter for Grass and Bug Types. (EXCEPT CUTIEFLY, made that mistake once...>.>) Her name is a bit strange...it comes from the famous "Wow!" signal, because Noibat is all about audio stuff and her appearance was unexpected.

*Perihelion (Peri) the Smeargle (M) - I randomly encountered him, not knowing Smeargle were even in Alola; I've always wanted to use a Smeargle, and I'd already decided I was going to have a rotating team, so I caught him! I actually haven't used him in a battle yet - he still has one Sketch, because he outsped me during capture, and I want to save it for something good..."Perihelion" is the term for the point in a planet, asteroid or comet's orbit when it's closest to the sun; again, I just thought it sounded nice.

*Corona the Eevee (F) - Female Eevee, completely at random!! How could I resist? I just caught her yesterday, and I haven't had a chance to use her or look at her moves. I'm gonna evolve her into a Flareon, hence the nickname (the corona being the incredibly hot outer layer of the sun).

And I still haven't caught all the Pokemon I want yet...I first tried rotating teams a few games ago, and it doesn't seem like I can ever go back!

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Primarina
    Lycanroc-Dusk
    Lurantis
    Marowak-A
    Deino

Only the first three are definite team members, and there's already one slot reserved for Solgaleo. I have no idea what to do with the final 2 slots.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • My team after the Rainbow Rocket episode:

Incineroar Lv. 69
    Vikavolt Lv. 69
    Toxapex Lv. 69
    Dhelmise Lv. 69
    Araquanid Lv. 70
    Shiinotic Lv. 70

A great team, and Shiinotic just managed to hold on against Mewtwo X!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    I'm generally exploring Ultra Space at the moment to hunt some Legendaries and rare Pokémon.

Here's my team so far.

1. Alakazam (Male) - A Synchronize user to ensure I can find Legendaries with good natures for competitive battling.
    2. Zapdos - A Thunder Wave user to make capturing easier provided that the Legendary or Ultra Beast I'm trying to catch isn't immune to T-Wave.
    3. Guzzlord - Generally to take repeated hits provided that I use one or two X Defenses and/or X Sp. Defs depending on the enemy's best offensive stats.
    4. Type: Null - Holds a Soothe Bell in order to evolve into Silvally. Will be a special attacker, since its' nature is Modest.
    5. Naganadel - Has a Timid nature and nearly the right moves for competitive battling. I will need to raise it to Level 100, EV Train its' Sp. Atk and Speed, use Hyper Training to improve its' stats, and teach it Draco Meteor for some spectacular damage output.
    6. Buzzwole - My False Swipe user that really helps out a lot to weaken the enemy as long as they aren't Ghosts.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    My Ultra Moon team - Incineroar, Pelipper, Magnezone, Mudsdale, Cap Pikachu (from movie) and Dawn Wings Necrozma.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Torracat (To be replaced with a ghost type)
    Charjabug (Same as above)
    Haunter (To be replaced with Mimikyu :3)
    Sableye
    Drifloon
    Alolan Marowak

All around lvl 30, except Drifloon which is only around lvl 22, I think.

I've only had the game since last Saturday, so I'm not that far yet. :P

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • My first team I'm playing on Ultra Sun is an Eeveelution team, 6 in team, between trials/kahunas I leave 3 in PC take out the 3 that where previously waiting (usually the 3 strongest wait)

Do plan on getting Ultra Moon on my next pay day, will play with 6 Pokemon
    want to keep 7th gen related
    plan on: Incineroar, Primarina, Alolan Ninetales, Mimikyu, Golisopod - and can't decide on the last one (either Araquanid, Lycanroc, or Passimian)

Years
  • Team as of today (Pokémon League)
    Lv. 67 Torchy/Incineroar
    Lv. 56 Dawn/Lycanroc (Dusk form)
    Lv. 55 James/Kommo-o
    Lv. 47 Ryan/Poipole
    Lv. 66 Prism/Necrozma
    Lv. 62 Luna/Lunala

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Team is now:

Cuddles (Mimikyu)
    Gremlin (Sableye)
    Mr. Greenz (Phantump)
    Loona (Driblim)
    Tiki (Alolan Marowak)
    Gaara (Palossand)

All from lvl 40-46. This is just my in-game team, as I'm playing through I'm not worrying about EV training or even natures, just having fun with the game. Once I clear the main game, then I will be taking all of them and breeding/EV training to make competitive battlers. 8D

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    My team needs a revamp, too many can't tank more than one hit.

Current keepers:
    - Primarina
    - Lycanroc-Dusk
    - Mudsdale

Removing Lurantis and Marowak-A from the teams. I'll probably pick up Dhelmise in Poni and Solgaleo once I can, and I'm not sure what should be my last slot, but it needs to be a special attacker. I was thinking Dedenne or Manectric. Any advice?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • My entire team is mainly above 75 now. I want to replace Necrozma soon, since I am done with the RR Episode. I was only using it because they were using Legendaries. So currently, this is my team. (I actually don't have any more battles in the game other than Tree and Festival thing)

Hawlucha
    Incenaroar
    Lycanroc (Dusk)
    Alolan Ninetails
    Leafeon
    Dusk Mane Necrozma,

I really want to replace both Hawlucha and Necrozma, but I don't currently know what I want. I will probably bring Espeon back for sure. But not sure about Hawlucha.

I know one thing I have been lacking is a Water Type. I always need a water type move, but none of my pokemon have one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2018
    Primarina lv.89
    Salazzle lv.86
    Luppony lv.80
    Ampharos lv.90
    Gardevoir lv.95 (got via gts on lv 1 Ralts so quick exp)
    (None)

Well my 6th spot is open didnt really find a pokemon that would fill the space so I mainly put in pokemon to evolve to fill my dex, and I know, its an unbalanced team but I managed to get through the story and e4 without deaths
    Any suggestions for my 6th pokemon? :3

Back