• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] [IC] Darker than it Seems: A Brighter Future

Years

Darker than it Seems: A Brighter Future

Previously in Darker than it Seems:

"The most infamous incident that occurred in Kanto; was the Rocket Bio Crisis. Team Rocket has been researching Pokemon and child development, and has tried to implement Pokemon genes to infant humans in hopes of creating a human capable of Pokemon power. There have been many failures which lead to the death of people and Pokemon, but success was imminent. Eventually, they have succeeded in creating humans with Pokemon power in which they planned to use for world domination. Though, the success was short lived, as the people quickly broke out of the rocket hideout at young ages. Several of these people have scattered through the Kanto region, and that, has caught the media's attention. Soon, Public information of these modified humans has been displayed throughout Kanto, and given the name: Hybrids
Years have passed since the incident and though the existence of the Hybrids have been revealed, most of the world has alienated them due to their unique capabilities, and will do whatever it takes, to exterminate them."
Quote from Gray-_-Hatred, the original gm of Darker than it Seems

During this time, a group of Hybrids had escaped from the clutches of Team Rocket, or as they called them "Team Wet Paper-bag." The group of friends, although facing many obstacles along the way, came to do great things. They had defeated Team Rocket many times, eventually taking them down completely. A decade has passed since the destruction of Team Rocket, and although Hybrids were assimilated into society, mostly for fear that they would revolt against the populace if segregated, they are still not treated as equals. Hybrids' powers are unstable and feared by many.

Because of this, scientists had begun researching the fundamentals of pokemon and human genetics. They had begun to create a serum that would stabilize the powers of hybrids, but were stopped when they accidentally discovered that humans and pokemon both contained a single chromosome with the exact same dna sequence. This sequence was unexpressed in humans, but in pokemon it granted them their amazing abilities. The government shut them down immediately, altering the genetic makeup of a human could potentially give them stable pokemon powers, controllable powers that would no doubt be even more powerful than a hybrids when they reach their full potential.

Currently:

This roleplay will focus on the start of a pokemon journey of a group of friends, but this group is no ordinary group of kids. These kids have unknowingly been the victims of Team Shadow's experiments. A group of evildoers bent on the destruction of mortals and conquering the world. You will play one of these friends, on a journey through Kalos. Unfortunately, their journey will have many challenges. And what they set out to do in the first place may not be their goal in the end. You, as a roleplayer, will greatly shape the story by creating it yourselves, as long as you check in whenever doing something major and follow the rules.

Character levels:

At the start of the roleplay your character's powers will be minimal, however as time goes on and your character develops their powers will also grow stronger. I will decide when your character has progressed enough to level up, and at that time you may submit your extended list of stats and use your new abilities IC.

1] Undeveloped
  • 1 Type
  • 1 passive pokemon ability
2] Unskilled
  • 1 Type
  • 2 moves
3] Novice
  • 1 Type
  • 3 moves
4] Competent
  • 2 Types
  • 4 moves
5] Proficient
  • 2 Types
  • 2 passive pokemon abilities
  • 5 moves
6] Advanced
  • 2 Types
  • 6 moves
7] Elite
  • 3 Types
  • 7 moves
8] Master
  • 3 Types
  • 8 moves
  • Mega Evolution

This rp will start in Vaniville town in Kalos. Your characters will be able to travel anywhere in the region, however flying and other forms of quick travel are not available due to plot shenanigans.

locations_of_kalos_region_by_pokekawaii-d6qgety.png

Rules:

1: Follow the general RP rules.
2: This is rated [M] so be mature.
3: Swearing is allowed but don't do it in every sentence.
4: Romance of any kind is allowed but don't go past first base.
5: RolePlayers CAN fight each other.
6: do not kill off a Roleplayer Unless they tell you you can.
8: If a player tells you to kill them, you don't have to, but if you do, the Roleplayer killed CAN be brought back to life, but one of their types changes to ghost, affecting their current character's abilities. This is the ONLY way to become a ghost type, however, the downfall of this, is that I will decide your moves AND ability after you become a ghost type. I will, however, discuss your preferences before deciding.
9: You can have Pokemon in the PC, However, You start off with none. Just remember to keep track of all your PC Pokemon. No more than 10 in the PC at one time. This allows you to have 16 pokemon at one point in time, if you want more after that you must release some before catching another.

Sign-up:

Name:
Appearance:
(Picture or 1 or more Paragraphs to describe your character's appearance)
Type:
Ability: (Yes like a pokemon ability, but it's yours)
Starter:

Starters:

chespin.gif
gastly.gif
porygon.gif

togepi.gif

Each person signing up will try out for a starter, therefore only one person will get each starter, and after a certain amount of time, which may change depending on how busy I am/how many people have signed up, I will pick one person to accept for each starter. If there are more starters available you may choose to try to sign up again with a different starter.

Players:
ElBurrito as Garett Temero
LinearAxel as Versai Penumbra
Godzil as Ryan
IcyIce as Alex Hunt
shatteredxfrost as Emery Calder
Zatanna as Myra Rose
Gray-_-Hatred as Tyre

Last edited:
Years

Brian was sitting at his desk, scribbling away at a letter he would send to the promising new students. He knew they'd have a wonderful time on their journey. Although he was fearful of allowing them to leave his protection, he knew they could take care of themselves once they discovered their talents. He knew his boss was already getting angry about him going rouge. He could tell by the way the attacks were getting more frequent. If he could get the letter out today, he could send them on their journey right before the next attack. He finished copying the last letter, reading over his work one last time before sending it.

Dear Student,

We have received a large number of requests to leave town, and although we were hesitant at first, we have decided that it's in our best interests to allow a small number of you to start your journey. We have gone through a rigorous exam process and selected a small few, the best of the best, to invite to our lab in Aquacorde town. You are one of those few handpicked students. Please start on your way to the lab as soon as possible, and make sure you're ready to immediately start your journey. I'm overjoyed that I get to issue you your first pokemon companion, and even more excited that I'll be monitoring you along your journey. Don't be late!

Sincerely,
Professor Brian Sage
~please replace the word Student with your character's name if they read the letter in your post~

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
Years

Dear Emery,

We have received a large number of requests to leave town, and although we were hesitant at first, we have decided that it's in our best interests to allow a small number of you to start your journey.

We have gone through a rigorous exam process and selected a small few, the best of the best, to invite to our lab in Aquacorde town. You are one of those few handpicked students. Please start on your way to the lab as soon as possible, and make sure you're ready to immediately start your journey.

I'm overjoyed that I get to issue you your first pokemon companion, and even more excited that I'll be monitoring you along your journey. Don't be late!

Sincerely,
Professor Brian Sage

Emery holds the letter with her thumb and forefinger. She never had been a fan of the dust that coated paper. The words held little interest to her too until 'pokemon companion' caught her eye.

A small grin spreads and anticipation renders her almost breathless as she throws the letter aside and scoops up her ready-to-go backpack from the coffee table of her small home, suited only for one but somehow housed two.

"Uncle?" She calls out, slipping her arms through the sleeves of her jacket.

Her Uncle Devlin stumbles out of his room. His appearance matched his personality - a mess. "You know the rule - no bothering me on a Monday." He reaches past her for his mug that had something other than coffee prepared.

"Don't you worry," she nods to the discarded letter on the ground. "I won't be bothering you ever again."

Devlin retrieves the letter, grunting as he bends forward. He rubs the jet black stubble on his jaw thoughtfully as he reads, waking up with each word. After what seems like an eternity later, he looks up with a frown.

"Who will rub my feet on the weekends?"

One of the many reasons Emery will not miss living with her drunken Uncle. There were of course plenty more, most stemming because of his worthless behavior and inability to take care of simple tasks - but their home was too contained. She needed to get out, see the world for what it was and have fun.

"You, old man," She pats his shoulder, a little too harshly. "I've got an adventure to get to."

He starts to stammer out excuses, endless reasons for her to stay and she slams the front door in his face. Her head tips back, soaking in the warmth of the morning sun greedily.

Vaniville is as quiet as ever, with only the occasional person stepping out from their home to bask in the breeze of late Spring. Emery dresses in jeans during Winter and Fall, only swapping to shorts for Winter and Spring; her attire was strictly darker tones, definitely not fitting for this colorful town.

Emery strolls down the pathway heading North where Aquacorde Town awaits. An hour later and she will be living it up with her new partner in crime.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

4KYk8wb.jpg

Name: Alex Hunt

Alex watched the sun as it rises over the trees. He had been stuck in Vaniville Town for his whole life. He wanted to get out and adventure. He had read many books on pokemon and the history of Kalos and some of the regions. He used is computer to type things down and plan out everything he would do if he ever had the chance, but all of that had been deleted the night before by a mistake on his computer and now he had to start it all over again. He would run around town and play Chimchar in the Middle with some of the kids in town. He knew a few, but not he didn't really know their names.

As had his fingers over the keyboard, but he couldn't think of what to type. He put his hands behind his head and leaned by in his chair, looking outside. He finally got an idea on what to type, but then a knock came to his door.

"Son, you up?" His father's voice came to the door.

"Yes sir." Alex said with a silent sigh, and walked to the door and opened it. His father's name was Cole and he stood there with a letter.

"This is for you. Once you get ready, come down stairs." He father said with a smile.

Alex looked almost exactly like his dad, but he got his mothers eyes.

"Sure." Alex said, taking the letter. Once his Dad turned away, he closed the door and opened the letter. He started to read it to himself.

Dear Alex,

We have received a large number of requests to leave town, and although we were hesitant at first, we have decided that it's in our best interests to allow a small number of you to start your journey.

We have gone through a rigorous exam process and selected a small few, the best of the best, to invite to our lab in Aquacorde town. You are one of those few handpicked students. Please start on your way to the lab as soon as possible, and make sure you're ready to immediately start your journey.

I'm overjoyed that I get to issue you your first pokemon companion, and even more excited that I'll be monitoring you along your journey. Don't be late!

Sincerely,
Professor Brian Sage

With excitement and joy. He folded down the letter and quickly changed into his normal clothing. He wore a white shirt and a black, short sleeve jacket. He threw on some relaxed blue jeans and quickly tied his hiking boots. He attached the wheels to his boots to make them into roller skates when he wanted to use them. He grabbed a black hat and put it on his bushy hair and grabbed a pair of sunglasses and put them on top of his hat. After thinking he was good, he shoved the letter in his jean pockets and ran down stairs. His mom, Jenna, smiled.

"Morning son."

"Morning! I should probably go."

"No! You eat first and then you can go!" His mother yelled, glaring at him. And as quickly as it came, she was smiling again.

Alex listened to his mother and started to eat. After that, his father came in with a black messenger bag that had some blue on the flap to match his pants.

"This is yours. It should have everything you need." His father said, handing it to him.

Alex smiled and gladly took it. After a few more minutes, Alex kissed his mom on the cheek and gave both of them hugs, running out the door. He ran through the small town and out of the north gate.

"This is awesome! I guess my dream of a journey is coming true! No wonder my role play journey was destroyed on my computer. It is real now! Once I get to a town with a boutique, I need to by some lighter clothing." He said, running down Route 1.

Zatanna

Magician Princess
Years

CK9hVjM.png
♡Myra Rose♡​

Dear Myra,

We have received a large number of requests to leave town, and although we were hesitant at first, we have decided that it's in our best interests to allow a small number of you to start your journey. We have gone through a rigorous exam process and selected a small few, the best of the best, to invite to our lab in Aquacorde town. You are one of those few handpicked students. Please start on your way to the lab as soon as possible, and make sure you're ready to immediately start your journey. I'm overjoyed that I get to issue you your first pokemon companion, and even more excited that I'll be monitoring you along your journey. Don't be late!

Sincerely,
Professor Brian Sage

Myra frowned at the letter she was holding. She tossed her golden blonde hair and placed the letter on her bed, sitting down. She didn't have to think too hard about what she was going to do. She was going to go.

Myra stood back up and went to her closet, taking out a small pink backpack and started to shove things that she thought she would need inside of it. She packed pokeballs, extra clothes, some snacks, some jewelry, some make up, and some other stuff. She took a piece of hair in her finger and started to twirl it. She really was excited to go but, walking was not her favorite thing to do... However she would have to get used to it if she wanted to go on this adventure.

Myra slipped the straps over her shoulders and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked so cute. She had on this baby pink sweater, a pleated white mini skirt, baby pink flats, and white knee highs. She looked good, so she went downstairs and out the door. She didn't need to say anything to her parents. They probably wouldn't even notice she was gone.

She walked on the dirt road out of town and started walking down the road. It was a nice day, the sun felt so nice on her skin. Myra hummed a little song as she walked, trying to make it as enjoyable as she could. She was curious who else was going to be in this program or why she was selected but maybe it would make her famous so she didn't really care. She kept walking until she saw some boy run past her.

"What the..."

Last edited:

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years

--Tyre's Data--​
Spoiler:

Tyre

Tyre slouches on his couch in the living room awaiting impatiently for his grandmother to wake up. See, Tyre usually slept in the day and stayed up all night, mostly due to him guarding the house when his grandmother and younger brother where asleep.

Tyre was paranoid that someone could break in the house while they sleep and rob the house. after all, his grandmother was a collector of rare items back in her day, so the thought of someone breaking into the house at night to steal a thing or two was always a possibility he considered. Though the odds of that happening in Vaniville were close to none, Tyre made sure he wouldn't sleep at night.

After he heard the door to his grandmothers room open, he got up off the couch to greet her. Tyre's little brother, darted from his grandmothers room outside leaving the door wide open. Before Tyre could say anything, he was spoken to by his grandmother.

"... Up all night again?" She asked, with a saddened facial expression. "Didn't I tell you to get some sleep for once?"
"I do... Just not a night." Tyre said as he prepared himself to go to sleep on the couch.
"I swear, one of these days, you'll regret not sleeping when I tell you to." She told as she made her way to the kitchen. Soon after, Tyre's little brother ran back into the house with a few envelopes in his hand and gave them to his Grandmother.

She glanced at each one positive that all were just advertisements until she saw a peculiar looking letter that caught her eye. It had Tyre's name on it, so she opened it up and read it out loud.

"Dear Tyre,

Sincerely,
Professor Brian Sage"

Tyre perked up shortly after laying down and gave his Grandmother a look of shock. She gave a mischievous smile towards Tyre.

"Looks like your finally getting out the house!" She said, excited for Tyre.
Tyre thought for a little bit and laid back down. "I'd rather stay here and sleep."

"Nonsense! I've been meaning to punish you anyway. So your punishment is to go on a journey!" She cackled, starting to walk towards him with a wooden spoon.

"That's a pretty dumb punishment." He told her, facing away from her.

His grandmother was now standing over him and attempt to hit him with a swing capable of smashing rocks. Before impact, Tyre felt a shiver go down his spine for a bit and reflexively shielded himself from the blow without knowing it was coming.

His grandmother looked at him in shock, not expecting him to block the hit. Tyre seemed pretty calm about it since This hasn't happened the first time. He got up from the couch and followed it with a defeated sigh.
"Fine, I'll go." Tyre said, taking the letter from his grandmothers hand.

"That's more like it! Besides, I'm old enough to take care of myself!" She said with a confident look. "Don't worry about a thing."

Tyre approached the door and opened it before looking back at his Grandmother and waving brother one last time.
"Heh... See ya later, Ya old bag of bones." He said with a relieved smile just before closing the door, making his way to Aquacorde.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years

Garett Temero

Garett opened his eyes and looked up at the day sky, stretching his arms and yawning. "What time is it?" Garett rubbed his eyes as he lifted his head and looked around his backyard. Garett reached for his watch but the hammock he was sleeping on moved and he fell to the ground. Damn it. Garett thought as he pushed himself up off the ground and picked up the watch to look at it. Garett slipped his black combat boots on and glanced to his front yard as a man placed envelopes into rust covered mailbox leaning next to a broken down wood fence. Garett finished tying the laces of his boots, wiped dust of his t-shirt and black camo pants, then made his way to the mailbox.

"Carol! Mail!" Garett yelled to his aunt as he walked into his house and tossed the envelopes onto a table next to a sleeping Purrloin, waking it up. The feline pokémon hissed at Garett and jumped off thetable. "Any letters from your uncle?" Garett sat in a chair and looked up as he heard someone talking. The voice came from a short brunette woman who walked into the room. Garett shrugged as he swatted Purrloin away as it jumped back onto the table and scratched at the Seviper tattoo on Garett's right forearm. "Still nothing from him. I know it's only been a week since he went to Dendemille but you'd think we would have heard from him by now." Carol said as she went through the mail. "Oh? There's something for you. From a Brian Sage. Sound familiar?" Garett shook his head as he took the letter from his aunt and opened it.

"Dear Garett,

We have received a large number of requests to leave town, and although we were hesitant at first,we have decided that it's in our best interests to allow a small number of you to start your journey. We have gone through a rigorous exam process and selected a small few, the best of the best, to invite to our lab in Aquacorde town. You are one of those few hand picked students. Please start on your way to the lab as soon as possible, and make sure you're ready to immediately start your journey. I'm overjoyed that I get to issue you your first pokemon companion, and even more excited that I'll be monitoring you along your journey. Don't be late!

Sincerely,

Professor Brian Sage."

Garett looked at the letter for about a minute before speaking. "I can finally take on the Pokémon League." Carol gave Garett a quizzical look then took the letter from him. Carol read the letter and looked at Garett. "You should go. This is what you've been wanting for years."

Garett set his watch on the table. "You sure? Are you going to be able to take care of the place while-" Carol raised her hand and cut him off. "Go. You've been wanting to get out and go on a journey since you were a kid. I'll be fine, trust me." Carol stood with her hands on her hips and stared at her nephew. With violet eyes and black spiked hair that had purple tips, the boy could have easily been mistaken for his own father.

Garett stood at the door and looked back to Carol. "Are you sure you'll be ok on your own here? I'm sure this Brian guy would understand if I waited until Glenn got back before I began my journey." Garett said with a concerned look on his face. "I'll be fine. I've got Purrloin to keep me company. Besides, even if you wait for your uncle to return, sooner or later he'll leave again and I'll be alone anyway. Now go." Garett gave a nod and walked out the door to the street. He stopped at the fence and turned back to his house. Next time I stand here I'll be the league champion and you guys can finally live a better life.

Garett turned and began walking down the road that lead out of town, only stopping once more at the gate. Garett looked at the small town that had been his home for the past fourteen years and let out a deep breathe. After all these years I finally get to challenge
the league. And maybe I can finally get some answers.

Last edited:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Versai PenumbraIt Begins

Sahara_zpspdyr5rg4.png

versai_zps06ylrlnn.gif
Versai sits quietly in her small living room, seemingly trying to read, though her eyes remain closed far more than they are open. Whoever decided that human beings should begin being productive in the morning should have been locked away and punished for his crimes against humanity.

Mail call. Came the voice of Versai's brother, who was now looming over her with an envelope.

"But...I never get mail." She blinks as she reaches for the envelope. She runs her fingernail over the top fold and carefully removes the letter inside. It looks...fancy, to say the least.

Dear Versai,

Sincerely,
Professor Brian Sage

Suddenly she is very much awake, as well as speechless. She reads the letter over in silence several more times until she's distracted by a case being placed in her lap.

Don't look so surprised. If you didn't think this might happen you wouldn't have put this by the door.

"That was more wishful thinking than actual expectation." She explains as she rises from her chair and adjusts the bag over her shoulder. The letter stressed several times, in several different ways, that she needed to leave upon receiving the letter. Are they on a time limit? Are the Pokemon first come, first serve, or is this professor just excitable? Either way, with everything packed, she has no reason not to leave immediately. That's good, long goodbyes making leaving so much harder. She hugs her brother quickly.

"I'll call you when I get there." She vows, breaking the hug and heading for the door. It's onward to route one, and straight for Aquacorde town.

Last edited:
Years
Dear Andrew,
Sincerely,
Professor Brian Sage

Team Shadow Strikes

Andrew had been gone for a few hours, nobody suspected a thing. Matt moved quickly, fixing the house to look exactly as he found it. His levitate ability helped keep him from stepping on the broken pieces of a vase. He carefully cleaned it up, dumping everything into a pile and quickly shooting a shadow ball into the center. The pieces were gone in a matter of seconds. All that was left was to leave a note explaining why "Andrew" was leaving and his mission would be complete.

Well, the first part. He knew the second part would take time. Unless of course Flora succeeded with Plan A. Which was impossible, seeing as Plan A was designed to fail. But of course Beacon wouldn't tell her that. It had to look real.

After the letter was complete, and the mess cleaned up, he headed out on his way, eager to deceive every one of them. He needed to make sure that nobody suspected him though, which meant walking. On his feet! How crude. But it had to be done. He smirked, walking quickly towards Aquacorde town. Nobody would know, and he took pride in that.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

4KYk8wb.jpg

Alex slowed to a walk after about half way down Route 1. He had nearly ran into someone, but he wasn't sure who it was. Although she looked a little familiar. He looked at the flowers and trees, taking everything in. He took in a large amount of fresh air. Not to mention he could actually look at what his parents had given him for the journey.

He flipped open the flap of his bag and placed a hand inside, while going down the road. He pulled out a medium sized case, a little bigger than the size of a DSi XL. It was a grayish color with a touch of blue and it weighed almost nothing. He found that it opened side to side and as he opened it, an arrow appeared on the map that was on the right side of the gadget. For a moment, he tried to figure out what it was, but he realized it was like a map of the Kalos Region and used GPS to locate him. After a moment, he figured out it was a touch screen, after looking for buttons. He clicked on Aquacorde Town and an arial picture of the town and a large amount of info, came up on the left side. He scrolled around on the map, trying to get a feel for it and eventually felt good about using it.

"Sweet. This will come in handy." Alex said, closing the map and placing it back in the bag, slipping it into the slot it came from.

Before pulling out, he grabbed something else that was in a different slot. It was a bit smaller than the town map, and somewhat thin. It is literally weighed nothing. It had an electronic eye like thing at the top and a screen that had a flashing message on it. He clicked the message and suddenly a holo gram that looked like his father formed where he pointed the thing.

"Son. If you are listening to this, then you are probably going through the bag. This is a Holocaster. You can use it to communicate with people like a phone, however, it used holograms. This will also give you important announcements and what not. This is a prerecorded message, so don't try to talk back. People would think you were mad. Hahaha. You also have a Town Map that is basically an electronic traveler's guide. It uses GPS, so you can know where you are at without getting lost. Though I am sure there will be dead zones. There is also a badge case in the bag. It is shaped like an iceberg. We figured we would give you one. It also holds other forms of rewards such as ribbons and what not. We didn't know what you wanted to do, so we got something with choices! That is all for now son. Me and your mom love you. Have a great journey." The hologram cut off.

Alex smiled as he place the strap connected to the hologram, around his neck. He looked at the case, but decided to wait to look at it. It was then that it hit him.... He didn't know what he wanted to do. He came to an abrupt stop.

"Well damn. I don't even know what I want to do." Alex muttered to himself.

Years

Ryan Anders

In the town of Vaniville, there was a quiet street. On this street was a simple house, with a dark staircase leading to a dark cellar. Ryan woke up in this cellar, the springs of his cot creaking as he sat up. He didn't have a mirror, so he just ran his fingers through his hair to remove any tangles and assumed it was fine. He'd slept in his clothes, so he went upstairs to get some food.

His adoptive father had apparently already woken up and made himself breakfast, and the whole kitchen smelled of egg and brown meat. He went to the fridge to make himself a sandwich, when he noticed an envelope on the table with his name on it. Taking his sandwich and the letter, he returned to his cellar to eat and read.

Dear Ryan,

Sincerely,
Professor Brian Sage

"The best of the best? And they chose me? There must be some mistake..." Ryan was startled when a black backpack hit the floor at the bottom of the stairs. He went to it, seeing his father at the top of the stairs. "No mistake, kid. You're smart, you're tough, and you've got heart. I think it's time you got out there and did something meaningful. Instead of just staying here, taking care of me."

Ryan looked at the letter again, weighing his options. He went back and changed into his least ragged clothes, putting on his favorite jacket and the backpack. "If it is a mistake, I should go tell them about it. If it isn't..."

"Then you'd better not keep them waiting!" Ryan grinned, heading upstairs. When he got to the top, his father picked him up in a hug. "You're gonna have fun, and make new friends, and get in a lot of fights!" Ryan found it hard to breathe, but returned the hug as best he could. "I'm sure I will. I'll keep in touch. ...can you let me go, please?" "In a minute."

His bag packed, Ryan set off down Route 1. It was later then he would've liked, so he took off at a quick jog to make up for lost time.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

4KYk8wb.jpg

Alex continued to walk on Route 1, it wasn't long before he got to the arc that told him that he had made it to Aquacorde. He had not really been here that he could remember. Maybe when he was little. Most of his life, he had stayed in Vaniville Town. The town was fairly small. Off to the left and right sides, he could see a large amount of tables spread out through the upper tier of the town. He saw large buildings coming up from the ground, but none of them went higher than a second level. Lamp posts were starting to turn off after the morning had ended and other people were talking, ending and having coffee or similar drinks at the tables. Some had laptops and others just talked. He could hear a faint sound of water, which he guessed had to be the large river at the north side of town.

He walked through down and down the first set of steps. There was a large fountain in the center of the next layer. Small markets and buildings went up and down the square, surrounding the large fountain. Near the fountain a large sign read 'Water and civilization in harmony.' He took out his town map and opened it. He looked around town, locating where he was, and marked it.

"Excuse me. Can you please move out of the shot." A voice fell on death ears.

He continued to look around, but he couldn't find it.

"Please move...." The voice fell on death ears again.

He walked around the town the fountain and tripped over what felt like a rock. He started to fall, quickly closing his map so the screen wouldn't break.

'Roggen!' A pokemon cried.

He fell into someone and he heard a splash form the fountain. He ended up on the ground, of to the side of a girl with long brown hair. She wore blue jean short that went town to her knee caps and white shirt and a blue jean vest. She had a symbol on her shirt that was orange, and a matching hat. She was pretty short, a lot shorter than he was.

"No no no!" The girl yelled quickly getting to her feet and running to the fountain.

Alex got to his feet and looked toward the girl, "Umm.... sorry? I tripped over some rock."

He saw the girl shake. For a moment he thought she was crying... but he was wrong. The girl whirled around at him and glared.

"You tripped over MY Roggenrola and you made me drop my camera into the fountain! This was the last shot I had to take before I got a better one! Now I need a new camera! Sorry doesn't cut it."

Alex gulped, and backed away, trying to get away.

"No you don't!" The girl quickly followed and grabbed his ear and slung him in front of her. He crashed on the ground. He looked up at the girl that was his age and he backed into the fountain, her glare angrier. The Roggenrola he had tripped over was also glaring at him.

"I am sorry, but how 'bout I take you out for coffee or something! Will that make up for it!"

"Are you serious!?" She yelled, grabbing a news paper from her bag and slapping him across the face, dazing him for a second.

"No you are going to work for me for free!"

"That is slavery! I won't stand for it!" Alex yelled. He watched as her eyes exploded with fire, not literally. He gulped again.

"Ok. I will work for you." Alex surrendered.

"That is what a thought." She said, pulling a pokeball out, "Gogoat! Please join us!" She announced with grace.

A large Gogoat, with backpacks and stuff over his back, appeared and walked over to the girl. She touched its horns and it instantly look over and glared at Alex. The girl went to one bag and pulled out a C-Gear.

"A C-Gear? Man are you behind the times! We use Holocasters here! Where have you been? Under a rock?" Alex said.

The girl slapped the C-Gear over Alex's wrist, hard. The slap echoed through the square and Alex cringed in pain.

"I am from Unova mister. We prefer C-Gears. This will allow us to communicate. It it locked and only I can unlock it. Try to take it off and you get zapped. Try to run away from a job, I will track you down and have my Gogoat trample you. Understood?" The girl said in a deathly calm tone. She then had a wicked grin cross her face.

Alex nodded, "Can I at least get your name?"

"Ayla. Now I have to return to my boss and tell her what happened. We will talk again soon." Ayla said, jumping on her Gogoat and returned her Rogenrolla. They ran off across the bridge in the north side of town.

As she was gone, Alex attempted to take it off and a shock was sent to his body, causing his arm to move on its own for a second. The C-Gear started to ring. He sighed and answered the call.

"Told you." Ayla appeared on the screen and then went black again.

Alex smiled and looked up at the sky, "Well... what have I gotten myself into... already...."

He stood up and walked over to his town map and picked it up to looked for the lab again.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years

Garett Temero

I can't believe it's already been fourteen years sinceI've moved to Vaniville. Garett thought as he walked down the road. I wonder where I should go first. Dendemille to Uncle Glenn or Laverre to visit my parents? Or I could go straight for the league and see them on my way.

Before he knew it Garett arrived at the gates of Aquacorde, the hour walk seeming like mere minutes. Garett looked around at the tall buildings and the bridge and river off in the distance. Aquacorde, water and civilization in harmony. This place looks a lot better than Vaniville. Garett made his way down some steps and stopped as he saw a familiar looking man. I feel like I've seen him before. Did he get a letter as well? The man stumbled and tripped over a Roggenrola and knocked a woman's camera into a large fountain. Garett laughed as he watched the guy stumble around, then sat down on a nearby bench as he pulled the letter out of his pocket, reading it over again.

I wonder what pokemon I'll get as my starter? Garett rubbed his chin with his right hand as he pondered what pokemon he might get. Hopefully something cool like a Seviper, that would be awesome. Maybe Gastly or Charmander? Whatever it is I hope it's something really cool, though Seviper would be best. Garett looked over from the letter to his left wrist.

Damn it. Left it at the house. Garett face-palmed himself as he realized he forgot his
watch. Hopefully I'm not late. Garett stood up and started walking to the lab.

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
Years

The trip usually takes about an hour, but Emery made time to climb into a tree on her way to remove Uncle Dev from her Holocaster and watch the Route for more possible students on their way to Aquacorde.

Two pass underneath her - one running at full speed, then slowing when he reaches the edge of her sight. The other at a considerably less rushed pace with purple tipped hair. They don't seem like much, Emery climbs down to the lowest branch, straddling the limb before jumping down to the path, landing cat-like on all fours. But I've been wrong before... on rare occasions.

Emery walks the final few minutes calmly, adjusting the sleeves of her jacket as she does - it was getting warmer by the day. At the arc of Aquacorde, she bursts forward with all her speed, only stopping by the fountain at the heart of town. She leans over the side and smirks at all the coins that people throw in, making useless wishes on.

"What a joke," she chuckles, removing her backpack and jacket before grabbing a handful nearest to her. She drops the coins into the front pocket of her bag.

After cleaning her arm of any excess water, Emery makes her way to the Lab, holding her jacket in one hand and the handle of her backpack with the other. She sits on the ground, back against the wall and one knee bent. She fiddles with her Holocaster, looking over the Map for the fifth time that day.

Years

Ryan Anders

The jog down Route 1 was fairly uneventful, even when Ryan slowed down to observe the scenery. Sure, it was nothing new, but he had a feeling like he was never going to see it again. Or at least, not for a while. "No need to be so dramatic..." he muttered, shaking himself from his thoughts. He remembered that he was supposed to hurry, and set off down the trail once more. As the archway at Aquacorde approached, Ryan slowed to a walk again.

Aquacorde was a much livelier place than Vaniville, even at this hour. He'd been here before, usually going to one of the specialty shops, but the change of pace often made him pause. He was vaguely familiar with where the Lab was, although he'd never had a reason to go there before. He considered heading to one of the little shops by the cafe, but again reminded himself of the urgency the letter implied. "Shopping can wait. I've gotta find that lab."

He headed off down a side road that he thought would lead him to the Lab. After a bit of walking, he found it, and broke into a run in his excitement. To his annoyance, he somehow arrived at the back door, and ran around the building to get to the front. He slowed to a jog for safety, and as he rounded a corner, he became glad of it. A girl was leaning against a wall, looking over her map, and Ryan skidded to a stop just before he would've run over her.

"Sorry! I'll pay more attention..." He started to apologize, before realizing the girl looked familiar. He had seen her around town a few times, but never spoken to her. He decided not to mention it. "I'll just... be on my way."

Zatanna

Magician Princess
Years

CK9hVjM.png
♡Myra Rose♡​

Myra continued walking to Aquacorde town. She felt like she had been walking for miles, but she had her trusty mirror to keep her company. She probably looked like a complete lunatic, walking down the road talking to herself in a mirror but she didn't care. She wouldn't see any of these freaks again anyways.

She hadn't really noticed anyone while she was walking. She was too involved with the mirror. She was sure some people must have passed her but she wasn't sure who these people were. Myra giggled as she slipped the mirror back into her backpack and skipped off of the trail. There was a little meadow her grandmother used to take her to when they would go get berries from Aquacorde. It was full of pink and white flowers, that had the most heavenly aroma. Her favorite thing was to go there during the full moon. The flowers sparkled and she felt so safe and beautiful there. It was her favorite.

Myra bent over and picked up some flowers and weaved them into a flower crown that she plopped upon her head. She was happy she made the detour but risked being late. Although it would be fashionably late, so it would be okay. Unless... Unless they were giving the pokemon to the first people who got there. Myra wanted the cutest pokemon they had and if she got there late, she probably wouldn't get it. However, there was no way that Myra was running so she just walked a little faster then she was going before.

Before she knew it she saw the beautiful sign that welcomed her to Aquacorde. She smiled strutting into the town and taking a little spin.

"I have arrived Aquacorde. Now watch me sparkle!" she said loudly for everyone to hear. She walked through the town and smiled at some people. Myra saw some other kids that might have looked familiar but she wasn't sure. Myra never really played with any of the other kids in town. She never wanted too, they were always rolling around in mud and they probably would mean to her since she had the biggest and most beautiful house in the whole town.

Myra huffed, her feet tired of walking. She would have to get someone to carry her on this trip. She went to the lab and looked around. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to enter, so she just sat next to the door waiting for someone else to come. She took the mirror back out of her bag and a beautiful pearl necklace. Her mother found it in a bed of flowers in the Johto region. She never knew who it belonged to but she had the feeling it had been on lots of adventures.

She put on the pearl necklace admiring how it still sparkled and shined beautifully. She took a brush out of her bag and began to brush her flowing blonde locks and looked at herself in the mirror. Myra wasn't sure what this journey had in store, but she was going to be the cutest one there.

Last edited:

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years

--Tyre's Data--​
Spoiler:

Tyre

Tyre traversed route 1 with only one thing in mind. It hadn't hit him until recently, but why exactly was he going to Aquacorde? Yeah, He knew he was going to get a Pokemon and all, but why him out of all people? The letter said him and a select few, but he didn't know why he was special. Not to mention he never really communicated with anybody outside his family, so wondering what the other people invited were like, occasionally invaded his mind.

Without paying any attention to the town's scenery, he wandered through the Aquacorde town entrance and hadn't realized it until he started to notice the abundance of people around him. He looked around the town, wondering if there was anything special about it, but the only thing catching his attention was the words the people around him were saying.

"Yeah so, I had a Pokemon from Hoenn. I released it a few days ago on Route 2." He heard a voice next to him start off.
"Really? I love Hoenn Pokemon! What was it?" The guy standing next to him asked.
"Oh, nothing too great. Just a Poochyena. They're pretty common around the Hoenn region. I caught one for my girlfriend while I was on vacation there but I completely forgot she doesn't like dog Pokemon! Hahaha!"
"Some boyfriend you are! Hahaha!"
The two men soon continued there conversation elsewhere. Tyre thought for a moment. "He released a common Pokemon from Hoenn in route 2?... Hmm... Poochyena was it? I've never seen or heard that Pokemon before. Maybe I can ask someone at the lab what that is."

After pondering for a bit, he finally headed towards the lab, ready to ask anyone a question about Poochyena.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Versai PenumbraIt Begins

Sahara_zpspdyr5rg4.png

versai_zps06ylrlnn.gif
While Versai usually takes her time walking this route, keeping an eye out for items dropped by others on their way between the two cities, this time was different. She continued to think about the letter, the urgency it displayed with its pleading for these hand-picked people to make their way to this professor the moment they could, and those final words: don't be late. How can they be late to an event that has no set time? There was no deadline on the letter, and it's hardly likely that every person that received these letters checked their mail at the same time. Perhaps there was supposed to be a given time, and the professor forgot to write it into the letters due to his own haste to get them out.
Something about this all seems…unnecessarily rushed. Even if the professor only put those hurry-implying words into his letter because of his own excitement, one would think such an astute professor would take the time to proofread his own letter before shipping it out to a handful of different people. Versai draws in a deep breath, then slowly exhales, her shoulders folding inward as she does so. This is hardly the first time she's overthought a situation that likely has a very simple answer, and one that will be explained to her within the hour, at that.
On the bright side, all that deep thinking made the hurried walk through the route go incredibly quickly; she can see the city from here! Excitement far surpasses her previous confusion, and she breaks into a light jog into the city. "Excuse me—pardon me—Oh, I am so sorry—excuse me." She mutters as she bobs and weaves around the city's people (who were moving far too slow for her taste). Navigating around them in a hurried manner made getting to the lab seem more like an obstacle course than a simple walk, but she made it! This is the lab. She draws in one last breath, taking a moment to collect herself before calmly walking to the door. In front of said door sits a girl with golden hair. She seems rather relaxed, as if she's been here awhile. Are they not opening the doors yet? "Are…we early?"

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

4KYk8wb.jpg

Alex made a lap around the square looking for the lab, but he didn't find anything that looked like a pokemon lab. He went back to the fountain, as he looked toward the waterfall, he saw a red headed girl putting her arm into the fountain and taking coins. He shrugged at what he saw, not really caring one way or another, even though she was like eating the dreams of those people who had thrown the money in the fountain.

Hmm. I wonder if I could get on her good side? Use her to get this damned C-Gear off and then put the watch on her. She seems like one who would be able to deactivate the watch. I wouldn't be surprised if she has been in jail a few times after seeing her take those coins from the fountain. Not to mention she is one hot mama. That red hair is amazing. If she were pokemon, she'd definitely be a fire type. He thought.

He loved red hair. He had a 'poster' of Skyla, the gym leader from Unova. She was hot as Pyroar's flame. He started to wonder if this red head might be one of the new trainers. Maybe she could lead him to the lab. As he walked after her, a weary feeling came over him. He stopped in his tracks, unsure why he felt like that.

That's odd. I don't usually get that type of feeling from a girl. I will just follow from afar for now. It may not be the best idea to trick her. She might be more violent than that Ayla girl. I would rather not die. He brain stormed the feeling he got from her. He wanted to stay away from her, but there was no avoiding getting near her if she was a new trainer. He would no doubt have to figure out why he was weary of her, if he could, maybe he could overcome it.

He waited for a few minutes before approaching the girl after she had leaned up against a wall. More people had started to gather around the same building. This had to be a lab.

"Well ain't this some crap. He tells us not to be late, and he is the one late." He said, rolling his eyes.

All of these people looked a little familiar to him, but he didn't know any of them by heart. He had to be smart. They were his rivals. He doubted they were as smart as he was when it came to pokemon knowledge. However, he didn't really like to reveal that side of him. He loved making friends, but he couldn't help being such a normal guy. He had been in that town all of his life. He wanted to have a little fun. He promised himself that in time, he would try to be friends with all of them, but that day was not this day. He probably could handle one or two today though. Maybe.

Last edited:
Years
latest

The Lab, Part 1

Brian twirled a pencil around his fingers, unsure what he was going to do. He knew not everyone was here yet, and he kept wondering what he was going to do if they didn't show up in time. Would he send the others off without them? Could he do that knowing that he'd be leaving someone behind? Or should he search for them?

In all his excitement he failed to notice that one of the lights had begun to flicker, but not from a lack of power, but because a pokemon was hiding inside it. The rotom sparked, happily sapping the energy from the room. It wouldn't be long before the power would go out, and that was just the distraction Flora needed to complete part one of their plan.

Brian checked his cameras again, this time noticing the last person just arriving at the town. He jumped up joyously and ran for the door.

"There's no time to waste!" he yelled, while simultaneously throwing open the front doors.

"Welcome all!" he practically screamed.

"Come on in and get settled, or don't, we're a bit short on time. I think we have about an hour or two but I could be wrong. I'm usually off by a few minutes most of the time. So," he continued "Any questions so far?" he asked.

He turned around as he asked the question, noticing the confused and rather startled faces staring back at him. Maybe he should slow it down a bit. He laughed, probably looking like a lunatic, but he didn't care.

Myra sat in front of the door to the lab as people started to come around her. She was sure some of them were talking to her but she was too busy looking at herself in the mirror. Once she finally looked perfect enough she slipped her mirror back into her backpack and looked up at the people.

There was a girl in front of her, she was tall and was kind of pretty. She had black hair and blue eyes. She looked kind of sad but Myra wasn't going to ask her what was wrong.

There was also a boy with blonde hair, green eyes... He was attractive, she guessed. He was also tall and he looked a little older than she was. She got this weird feeling from him however.

Before Myra could judge anymore people, the doors to the lab swung open and hit Myra sending her to face plant in the dirt. She slowly got up and wiped her face, making sure she still looked beautiful,thankfully no dirt got on her face. Then she slowly got up and looked at the man who had opened the door.

"Yeah I have a question... ARE YOU AN IDIOT?! I WAS SITTING THERE!" she screamed, her face getting a little red. She crossed her arms and pushed her way past him to enter the lab.

"Where's my pokemon freak?"

Garett finally made his way to the lab, stopping when he noticed a group of people he recognized. More people from Vaniville? Funny enough I still don't know them either. He thought as he stood awkwardly and looked around. Garett stared at the red head's Holocaster then glanced at the blonde with her mirror. One of these days I'll have enough money to get holocasters for myself, Carol, and Glenn. And who the heck brings a mirror on a journey? Rich people... Garett closed his eyes and shook his head as he thought.

Suddenly the lab door opened, knocking over the blonde girl, and a man walked out. Garett chuckled as the girl fell over then focused his attention on the man. Garett quietly followed the other future trainers into the building and leaned back against a wall.

Emery's moment of peace ended once more to-be-trainers showed up, with less than graceful entries. One almost tripped over her - she moved her legs out of the way just in time - which led to an awkward apology. She had to roll her eyes at Princess Myra's head turning entrance into the town. Most of the kids gathered were ones she doesn't remember ever seeing before - maybe she did, but didn't take much notice - but Myra, it was hard to ignore the richest bitch at the Academy.

When a blonde-haired kid that looked like he should still be in school muttered, 'Well ain't this some crap. He tells us not to be late, and he is the one late.' She chucked to herself. Hard to be late with no set time, but this was a waste of hers.

The Professor now stands to the side, allowing the trainers to enter the Lab. Emery gathers her stuff and skips up the steps, into the building and propping herself up on the counter. Myra screeches about wanting her Pokemon, blah blah blah, and Emery swings her legs, a few feet off the ground.

Ryan stepped back as more and more people showed up, all of whom seemed vaguely familiar. He'd seen them all around town, but again, never actually met them. Wanting to avoid more awkward starts, he just stayed still and quiet. When the Professor appeared and knocked over that poor girl, Ryan offered her a hand up, but she leapt up on her own and stormed inside. The others followed suit, with Ryan bringing up the rear.

After letting everyone settle down, or rile up in Myra's case, Brian continued. He completely ignored everyone, it''s not like he planned on answering their questions anyway, and started speaking again.

"It's important that you treat pokemon with respect at all times. They are our equals, in every way. We must learn to live in harmony with them and take care of them like family." he began to rant, droning on about safety, friendship, and a bunch more until he realized he was short for time.

"Oh! Umm, here." he said, thrusting forward a box of sleek, silver pokeballs. Take one, and you can choose your starter in the observatory. It's just up the stairs. He waited, hoping that everyone would take one without complaining.

Oh, dear, poor girl. At least she wasn't hit too hard…she seemed more annoyed by the intrusion than she was wounded by the abrupt door to the face. It's probably best not to draw any more attention to that plunder, lest they embarrass the blonde girl even more. Glancing about her surroundings, she sees several more people have joined them. It seems, ironically enough, that even with the lack of a time to meet, they all had actually managed to arrive around the same time. Interesting… she would ask if the letters were hand delivered (her brother didn't say anything about a personal delivery, but there could have been one), if they were not already pressed for time-- So pressed that she's not even through the door before he's started giving his speech on Pokémon. Well, that's fine. She'd rather meet her new Pokémon now rather than later.

She hurriedly makes her way through the door and approaches the professor, gently reaching out to take one of the silver Pokeballs he offered. "Thank you, Professor. May we go see them now?"

Alex chuckled a little as the blonde was hit by the door and face planted into the ground. He smiled as she started yelling at the, one he assumed was the professor. He caught the others having a chuckle as well, whether it be from the blonde or something else. He listed to the Professor. The man walked into the door asking for questions, but the quickly continued as if had no intention on answering anyone in the first place.

Alex entered and took the silver ball that the professor had offered. For one reason or another, he got the feeling that this professor was in somewhat of a hurry. Alex straighted up into a more respectful manner.

"Thank you sir. My name is Alex Hunt. I would like to thank you for this chance to leave." Alex announced.

He couldn't help, but look around. He noticed he had been close to the red head from earlier and he slowly stepped away from her. Still unsure why he was weary of her. He had always been able to easily make moves on hot girls when he wanted, but this girl. This red headed girl, worried the crap out of him.

As Brian continued, he nodded. He looked at the silver ball. Wasn't a poke ball normally red and white, with a black band? Why was this one silver? He had studied the different types of poke balls, but he didn't recognize this type of ball.

Contributors:

Godzil
ElBurrito
LinearAxel
Wiz
Gray
Gracie
♡Zatanna♡
Shadow

Last edited:
Back