• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] [IC] Darker than it Seems: A Brighter Future

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

• Name: The Lab, Part 2

Note: Due to a little confusion on my part, I had to quickly change things and didn't put it in colors. Sorry about that.

Myra tried to ignore the giggles she was getting from the other kids, and she did an okay job. She knew if she was mean to everyone that no one would carry her. She was appauled that the Professor didnt apologize or anything! But he was giving her a pokeball so she didnt care.

Myra looked out at the full group of kids. No one looked too famillar. She thought she recognized the red head but she didnt really care who she was at this point.

Myra reached infront of Brian and grabbed a silver pokeball and looked at her reflection.

"These pokeballs are so fetch! I love them!" She said holding it close to her heart and starting up the stairs. She looked around the room and her eyes opened. "Oh. My. God." she said amazed by the scene.

There were pokemon everywhere. They were playing and napping and eating. It was so beautiful. She walked further into the play room and sat down on the floor. She wanted to see which pokemon came to her. There was an adorable eevee, she thought it was so cute. She picked up the eevee and snuggled it before it jumped away from her.

Myra frowned and huffed a little before seeing the cutest little Togepi who was looking down at itself in the water. Once Myra saw the togepi she knew it was perfect for her. So she walked towards Togepi and took out her diamond crusted mirror for the togepi to look in.

The Togepi looked up at Myra and then into the mirror and made a little sound seeing itself. Myra slid the mirror away and smiled at Togepi.

"Hey there sweetie! My name is Myra!" she said as she pet the little pokemon. The silver pokeball was sitting next to Myra. Togepi went over to the pokeball, happy to see itself. It tapped the pokeball and it opened up, and Togepi sparkled getting into the pokeball.

Myra smiled and picked up the silver pokeball. She took off her backpack and fiddled with it, taking out a little choker she had with a bell on the end of it. Myra pushed the middle of the pokeball and watched Togepi come out.

"Togepi. I have this for you." she said putting the choker around her. Togepi cooed and jingled the bell.

"You like that? You know... I think I'll name you Tink.. How do you like that!" Togepi cooed and jumped into Myra's arms. It was a match made in heaven~

Garett stood back and listened as Brian talked about the bonds between pokemon and trainer. Once Brian wrapped up his speech Garett walked over and grabbed one of the silver pokeballs and examined it. Hmm, didn't know they made pokeballs like this. Garett moved away from the box of pokeballs and followed Myra up the steps to the observatory.

Once he got to the top of the stairs Garett stared in awe at all the pokemon filling the room. He watched as Myra sat on the ground and played with an eevee then made his way to the opposite end of the room to look for other pokemon. Garett stopped when he saw a Gastly floating in the air. Sweet! I can have a Gastly for my starter! Garett pressed the button on the silver pokeball,causing the sphere to enlarge, then raised his arm to throw it.

Just as he was about to release the ball a Rufflet walked up and pecked Garett's shin, causing him to drop the pokeball. "Ow, what the hell?!" Garett instinctively kicked the eagle pokemon away and knelt down to pick up the pokeball. Rufflet ran up and pecked Garett's hand, preventing him from grabbing the ball, then pecked his face. "You little fu-" Garett stopped and sighed as he looked at Rufflet who was staring back with it's head tilted to the side and eyes open wide.

Rufflet walked up to Garett then looked back and forth between Garett and the pokeball before finally hitting the button, sending itself into the ball. "You've got to be kidding me..." Garett sat and silently stared at the pokeball sitting on the ground.

Ryan stepped in after everyone else, following at the back of the group. He wasn't really paying attention to the Professor, since he'd heard all of this before, and in much less boring ways. When the time came, he took a silver ball, muttering "Thank you, Professor..." as he did, and took a walk around the room.

Alex followed after Garett and Myra. He stopped at the entrance, observing what was going on. He wanted to study how these silver poke balls worked. He had never heard of them and it felt odd.

He watched Togepi and Myra get along perfectly. He then watched Garett become a little annoyed at Rufflet, but it seemed perfectly happy to go with him, even after it was kicked. He wanted a few more to get their pokemon first. He couldn't help, but study what was unknown to him, One thing he noticed was that the pokemon seemed to take interest into the trainer or something related to said trainer. No pokemon seemed to be taking interest in Alex at all. This worried him.

Tyre stepped in the Lab, extremely late, missing all the events that have occured within the lab. He knew he missed all the events because he could hear the voices of people upstairs. Unannounced, he walks up the stairs, not sure if he catches the attention of the others. Even if he didn't, he came for one thing and one thing only... For his Pokemon. He didn't know what he would get, but he would be fine with just about anything, but what was really on his mind was that Poochyena.

He saw a group of people he had no intention of interacting with at first, but he tapped the shoulder of the nearest person to him. "You... I have a question." He said the woman closest to him.

Myra heard someone speak to her. She frowned and stood up, looking at Tyre. "Yes, can I help you?" She said responding to him saying he had a question.

"What is a Poochyena?" He asked, get straight to the point. He didn't like how her vibe radiated a sense of superiority. It made him want to assert himself over her, but he had strong self control. "I want to know what it is because I've heard some people talking about it. So I want you to tell me what it is."

Myra giggled a little at his question. "A Poochyena is a dark type Pokemon from the Hoenn region. It evolves into Mightyena. They like to bite people and are very playful little things." She said and smiled at Tyre.

"Does that answer your question?" She said taking out her pink Holocaster. She typed something in and it showed him a picture of a Poochyena.

"You're welcome."

"Hmm.." He examined the Pokemon. He wanted to have the dog Pokemon shown by his side. "Show me the Mightyena." He demanded, expecting her to comply.

"There's a word called please. You should use it." she said a little annoyed by his rudeness. She kind of liked it but it was super rude. Maybe he was nice somewhere deep inside. She typed something and showed him the dog Pokemon.

"It would look very nice next to you." she said imagining the growling wolf dog next to him.

He smiled at the thought of a ferocious wolf by his side. He pictured walking around with the amazing beast beside him and couldn't help but let out a smirk. "Thanks." He said walking passed her. He went to go get his Pokemon but thought it would be nice to remember her name, since she was useful to him. "What's your name?" He asked before he went to get his Pokemon.

"Me? I'm Myra Rose. Superstar in the making. What's yours?" she asked offering the boy a sweet smile.

"Don't worry about it." He told her, remaining anonymous. He didn't have any intention of becoming friends with her, even if she was pretty.

He walked passed her, now focusing on what Pokemon he should get. He gazed at the group of people all with their Pokemon. "I guess they ran out.." He said slightly disapointed. He turned around, ready to leave the lab, but right in front of him was a rather large tounge, which soon licked the majority of his face.

Shivers ran through him as he was spooked by such a disturbing feeling. Usually he's able to sense when something unexpected like that was going to happen, but this Pokemon genuinely surprised him.The Pokemon that licked him soon cackled in an obnoxious laugh. It flew around Tyre, happy that is spooked him. "... You actually spooked me..." He admitted. "I'd never thought a Ghastly would be the first thing to actually scare me."

He looked around to see if the Ghastly was accompanied by a trainer. "Where's your trainer?" He asked, expecting the trainer to be in the group of people. Ghastly answered by becoming completely invisible. "... I guess not." Soon, a floating silver ball hovered its way towards Tyre, and once it reached him, Tyre stuck out his hand and the ball fell in the palm of it.

"Im guessing you want me to be your trainer. Well, If that's the case, how about I give you a name?" Ghastly showed itself before Tyre and spun around happily at the fact that it got a new a trainer.

"How about I name you... Spooks."

Versai was leaning against the door, watching the blonde haired girl pick up an Eevee. It tolerated the snuggling for a few seconds before hopping away. Next the girl walked towards a little Togepi that was staring at its reflection in the water, as Myra had been doing before with her little mirror. You could practically see the instant bond that formed between the two, and it's…quite lovely.

One of the boys went through next. He walked straight towards a Gastly, and he made the motion to catch it, only for a little bird Pokémon to flock to him. She gasped quietly when he kicked the Rufflet, yet it went right back to him. There was a momentary struggle before the Rufflet claimed the boy's silver pokeball. It seems these Pokémon have something in common with the trainers they claim. A fashionable Togepi, and a stubborn Rufflet. What a genius way for trainers to obtain their first Pokémon. This is far better than having someone pick from descriptions alone. With the others waiting, one speaking and the other a bit hesitant, she decides to step in.

As she walks through the gorgeous area she catches the eye of the little Eevee. The little brown fox pauses and glances at her for a second or two, then continues on its way. Hmm…nothing there. Next she walks towards the Gastly; a ghost type would suit a girl who feels such comfort in the darkness of night. She reaches her hand out towards the ghostly sphere, and it floats right through her. No? Alright then.

She watched Gastly float away carrying a silver Pokeball to another trainer—and that's when she noticed the little orange fox towards the back of the room: This little one is keeping a close eye on the door, her eyes flitting from person to person as they come in and move around. Versai can't help the smile that comes to her face as she walks over to the Fennekin.

"See someone you like?" She asks. Fennekin looks up to the dark haired girl, her tail gives a curious flick before she stands, her head tilted upward to look into Versai's eyes. Versai slips down onto her knees and offers her hand out to the fire fox to sniff.
    One tiny sniff later, the fire fox lets out a happy, albeit quiet, cry. Fennekin walks around Versai's outstretched hand and towards the silver Pokeball that Versai rested in her lap. She taps the ball with her tiny paw, and…in she goes.

"Well then." Versai's smile brightens as she stands. She calls Fennekin back out and into her arms, where she gives the fox a delicate hug. "It's an honor to meet you, little one."

Emery waits until everyone has gone up to the observatory, resting her arm on the collection of books stacked high next to her. She looks at Professor Brian, off-put by his cheerful and crazed personality. Realizing she rather be stuck in a room with the Princess, Emery hops down from the desk - plucking a silver Pokeball from the box - and follows the dark haired girl up the stairs.

Mostly everyone has begun to bond with their Pokemon as only a few remain. Her eyes followed an Eevee, its ears twitching with every small noise and attempting to wrestle with a Chespin.

"Hey, little one," Emery calls out, moving slowly to the small fox Pokemon. "No one's entertaining you, huh?"

The Eevee's bright eyes seem to light up more as Emery crouches, hands outstretched and wriggling her fingers. She strikes, tickling the Eevee's sides and smiling brightly as it playfully swats at her hands. They continue like this until the Eevee starts to paw at the Pokeball. Emery juggles it thoughtfully - It's small, almost fragile - but it's fun and with enough work, a suitable partner.

"It's up to you," Emery holds the ball out and the Eevee doesn't hesitate to press both its paws forcefully into the button three times until it's sent inside.

As five people had claimed their pokemon before he did, he was starting to lose faith. He looked from group to group. The most curious one was the red head and an Eevee. Why would an Eevee choose her? Did this red head actually have a nice side? Perhaps she was the way she is because of her past? It wasn't out of the ordinary.

He went from pokemon to pokemon, but all of them turned away from him.

"Did they choose the wrong person? Was I mistaken for someone else?" Alex asked himself.

He laid back on the grass on the roof, looking up. It was still really early. He could smell bacon and coffee cooking down below. He could hear the river and the fountain. He heard the people continuing to talk down bellow. He heard what sounded like a pokemon battle.
    He put his hands on his head and looked up into the sky. He saw a few bird pokemon flutter by, yet none caught his eye. Marshmallow clouds hovered by in the sky. It would be a pretty day to start a journey, but how without a pokemon.

He heard a splash of water. He thought it might be the river and disregarded it, but then he heard again. And again. He leaned up and looked over where a small pond was. It had a four foot, countinuous waterfall, but the pond was a good size, even a small Snorlax could enjoy it. He saw a Dratini burst out of the water in an upward motion, as if trying to fly. The pokemon went too far and collided with a rock, shattering the rock with its head. The impact was a hard one indeed.. It held back tears as best as it could. It put its small serpentine head on a rock and looked skyward.

Alex got up and walked over to the little Dratini. The Dratini looked up at him and rolled over.

Alex squatted next to the pokemon. "Hey little guy. What's wrong?" Alex asked, placing a hand on the Dratini's head, where it had collided with the rock.

The Dratini looked up at the sky, 'Tini tini dratini tini.' The pokemon said.

Alex looked up, seeing bug pokemon fly by, "You want to fly?"

The Dratini sprung up and used its body like a spring to hop in place, 'Tini tini dratini tini!' The pokemon cried.

Alex smiled, "You got some pretty good height with that Aqua Jet. But you know, to fly, you got to become big and strong. You can't be so timid. You have to keep going and never give up until the very end."

Dratini jumped at Alex, wrapping its body around his. The little Dratini nuzzled up against him and the licked him in the cheek.

"You want to come with me?" Alex asked.

Dratini said nothing. It leaped at the silver ball and was sucked in. It didn't even shake once before clicking.. Alex smiled, knowing they would become friends. The Dratini came back out of the ball and sprang away from Alex and did an Aqua Jet in place. It was pretty amazing and would take a ton of skill for any normal pokemon to do it, but this was a Dratini, a pokemon no usually weak. It was basically a knock off legendary with an evolution line. He remembered the term was something like Pseudo-legendary. To Alex,It looked like Dratini was riding a wave. It was more of just a fun little thing that Dratini seemed to love, but it wouldn't be much use in battle.

"I think I will name you Wave." Alex said, watching his new Dratini using the aqua jet.

Ryan kept walking, taking in the sights. "Who says Pokemon training is all fighting? This is a lovely place, with plenty for everyone, and everyone's getting along great." He sighed, watching the others bond with their starters. "This is boring. Where's the action? Where's the adventure?" He tossed the silver ball into the air, accidentally smacking it as he tried to catch it. He watched it bounce off a rock and roll out of sight, chasing after it in panic.

He jumped over the rock, landing in a waist-deep puddle of water. "Ah! Oh, come on!" He yelled in surprise, before something hit him in the back of the head. He turned, seeing the silver ball floating next to him, and a blue amphibian standing by the shore. The frog pumped its fist triumphantly, hopping from one foot to the other. "What, you think you caught me? The Pokemon caught the human for once?" Froakie nodded, grinning. "I'm pretty sure it's the other way around!"

Ryan grabbed the ball and threw it at Froakie, who vanished inside without a fight. He climbed out of the pond, retrieving the ball and heading back to the others. "I've got my first Pokemon! Um... does anyone have a towel?"

Last edited:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • Brian began to worry that the kids were taking too long. He began to pace the floor, walking with one foot in front of the other like he was on a tightrope. Finally, after almost a half hour of agonizing pain, the kids returned to the first floor of the lab, each holding their pokeballs, which were now slowly changing color to match their pokemon's typing. Brian grew nervous, not only was their journey ahead going to be tough, but he now had to suddenly explain to them that they're abnormal freaks and it's all his fault. He decided it was best to leave the second part out. You know, for their sake.

"So, you've all heard of Hybrids, right?"

He waited to get a response. This conversation would be so much harder if they didn't know.

Ryan was one of the first ones down, looking for a way to dry off after his impromptu dip in the pond. Oddly, he can't find one, and resigns himself to being wet for the duration of the meeting.

Tyre walked his way downstairs after having his newly acquired Gastly. Without Tyre knowing, the Pokeball in has hand started changing from silver to a blackish purple. Once at the bottom of the staircase, he heard professor asking a question.

"So, you've all heard of Hybrids, right?"

Who hasn't? They're known world wide for being cursed with Pokemon skills. The most notable Hybrids are the Prime 5 Hybrids. The ones who took down Team Rocket and their associates involved with the Hybrid experiments. Odd that he would mention Hybrids now. There hasn't been any recent cases or news about them for a while.

"Yeah. I know about them."

Myra smiled as she looked around to see everyone with their Pokemon partner. She stood up and tossed her golden locks and decided to go back downstairs to talk to the crazy professor. Her heels clicked against the stairs as she made her way to the bottom. Tink's Pokeball was changing color. It was slowly becoming less silver and more pink.

She decided she would ask the professor about it. As Myra took the last step she saw the professor pacing back and forth like a lunatic. Maybe now wasnt the best time to ask about the pokeball.

She nodded at what he said. "Of course. Hybrids are Pokemon Human mixtures. It started off as an experiment by Team Rocket. A few years back... 20, I think. Some of these hybrids escaped. They grew up and found each other and took Team Rocket down. They somewhat settled into society... I did Hybrids as my final project." she said with a proud smile, showing she wasn't just all beauty.

"it's rumored that lately people have been experimenting with Hybrids and some may still be out there. It's probably just a rumor though. I dont think they could make hybrids without them knowing... And if they were out there, they would probably make themselves known as superheroes or something... But thats all speculation. Why do you ask?" She said crossing her arms.

Garett grabbed the pokeball and stood up. Out of all the pokemon I could have had for my starter, I got a stupid bird... Garett shook his head as he clipped the pokeball to his belt and walked back to the stairs.

Garett made his way down the stairs and leaned back against his spot on the wall. He looked down and gave the pokeball on his belt a quizzical look as it started changing from silver to cream. Never heard of pokeballs changing color. That's actually pretty cool. I wonder how many more of these there are. Garett looked up as Brian asked if everyone knew about Hybrids. He silently nodded then glanced at Myra as she answer Brian's question.

"Many people view them as freaks even today." Garett said, finally speaking up for once, "But what does this have to do with getting a pokemon?"

Before heading back downstairs, Alex looked over at the male who had just gotten a Froakie and asked about a towel. He thought he could recall the name only slightly, and the name was Ryan.

"Sorry man, I don't. Probably need to get one though. The Professor might have one. Speaking of which, we probably should all head downstairs." Alex had said.

He returned Dratini to the poke ball and started to walk downstairs. As he got to the bottom, the ball started to change into the color of what was associated with the dragon and flying typings. He heard the professor ask if we knew about hybrids.

"Oh yes! I have studied them. Apparently they were ordinary kids who Team Rocket had experimented on. A group banded together to beat them back and the slowly started to meld into normal life. However they still have problems from time to time." Alex had answered.

Alex looked back at the pokeball. So the balls seem to only catch pokemon who choose their trainer. Once together, the ball turns into the color of the type of pokemon inside. Interesting. I wonder how many of these 'silver balls' there are. Alex wondered.

"What do you mean they still have problems from time to time? What problems? You know one of them is like uber successful. She's a movie star and model and gym leader and stuff. That doesn't sound like she has any problems." Myra said with a small frown and looking back at Alex. She then turned her attention toward Garrett. He was kind of cute... he had the whole bad boy thing going on. She was going to reply to what he had said but decided against it.

Alex smiled and looked over at the blonde girl, "Before I explain, maybe we should know each other's names first. Mine is Alex Hunt. What's your name blondey? I think I have possibly seen you in Vanville, but I am not sure." He asked, waiting for an answer before explaining the truth.

Myra looked back over to Alex. She guessed it was probably a good idea to know everyones name. "It's not blondie. I'll tell you that." She said smirking a little.

"Nice to meet you Alex. My name is Myra. Myra Rose and yes you have seen me around Vanville. I went to the academy. My house is the beautiful white one on the hill... It's like giant and it has the golden gates. I was also like top of our class." she said with a small smile.

"Beauty and Brains, always a great combination. It is nice to meet you Myra. As you said a few may be doing well, but a lot of people can't let old hatreds die. What you say is true, but a lot of them still suffer. They may not be completed hated like they once were, but some people still hate them, even when they did save the world. That is how the human race is." Alex said looking over at the blonde.

"I would say some hybrids are loved more than others. Especially when they can probably give out more pleasure than a normal human." He said jokingly.

Myra giggled at the compliment. "Alex dear boy. Flattery will get you no where. But thank you." she said winking at him.

"However you're correct..." she said frowning. She hated that some hybrids were still hated even after they saved the world.

"What is that supposed to mean?" she asked with her mouth opened widely.

Alex chuckled slightly and walked over to Myra and placed a hand on her head, "Dear boy? Haha you seem to be the youngest of us all. And you will understand what I mean one day." Rubbing her head, messing her hair up a little.

"Dont touch me! And I understand what you mean you perv!" She said fixing her hair.

Alex laughed and walked away from Myra. Thinking she would be fun the tease throughout the journey.

Emery had followed the rest down and listened as Professor Brian nervously asked if they were aware of Hybrids. Who wasn't? Hybrids were hated for being powerful. End of story. People don't like what they can't understand - Hybrids were different which gave ample reason for Humans to shun them, report them and wish them death.

"Would you two shut up?" Emery snaps at Myra and... Alex? She wasn't paying that much attention. "Professor Twitchy over here clearly has something to say."

"Ah, but he isn't saying anything right now is he? Lighten up red. No need to burn the place down like a fire type. Right?" He gave a weary smile, knowing that it probably wasn't the best thing to say to the one he was weary of.

"What is your name red?" Alex asked.

Red? Emery looks him up and down slowly - he's dressed for a photoshoot, his bangs are too long and his eyes are way too gentle to match his personality. She chuckles and reaches out, one hand on her hip and using the other to tousel his hair.

"You're adorable. Stupid, but adorable."

"I will take that as a compliment!" He smiled turning to look toward the guy who was also down the steps already.

"What about you? You didn't seem to have much fun with the Rufflet. I think kicking the poor little bird was a bit much though, surprised it came back to you after that. What is your name?"

Garett rolled his eyes as he watched the three trainers chatting and bickering. And this is why I don't normally talk to people."Huh?" Garett snapped out of thought as Alex walked up to him.

"Well I didn't really mean to kick him. I just reacted to getting attacked." That little feathery asshole. "But the name's Garett".

"Nice to meet ya Garett. Next time you want to kick a pokemon though, make sure it is a bug type. I think those are safe to kick." He smiled, walking over to a window to look out. His stomach started to growl. That walk made me hungrier than a snorlax in the middle of a desert, with no food in sight. I should have ate more.

Myra looked at the exchange between the Red head and Alex. She liked the Red head after all, she seemed cool. She then looked over at the bad boy who's name was Garett.

"Garett? I've always liked that name." she said offering him a small smile, then looking back at Professor Brian.

"So are you gonna tell us why youre acting all stupid or...?"

Garett gave a silent nod to Myra's comment on his name. Weird. Not like my name is special or anything. Wait...

Ryan stood off to the side, still unsure of what to say to everyone. "Well, if we're introducing ourselves, I'm Ryan. I think I've seen you all around town, but I've never actually spoken to any of you before." He started to trail off. "I don't get out much..."

Tyre looked at the people talking amongst themselves. He was relatively surprised that nobody came up to him. He liked it like that. The only interactions he made so far was with the professor, his Pokemon, and that pretty blonde girl.

He kept to himself, remaining as subliminal as possible.

Versai followed the small group back down the steps after returning her new Pokémon to its pokeball. As she walked down the steps she noticed that the ball was changing color, taking on an orangish-red, with faint tints of purple mixed in. It looks like the ball is on fire…like Fennekin. Do all the silver balls do this? She's surprised she's never seen balls like this. Certainly something so interesting must sell well…unless the catch rate is poor, thus they only worked because these Pokémon wanted to be obtained by these trainers.

As per usual, Versai leans against the door frame quietly. By the time she got downstairs, the blonde girl was already answering his question in extreme detail. Soon arguments began to erupt between the other trainers; debating whether hybrids were better or worse off than regular humans. In the end she decided to stay out of it. Adding more fuel to the fire wasn't exactly her forte, nor anything she enjoyed. Some people fear hybrids, some people fear Pokémon. Many people fear whatever they believe to be stronger than them, it's simply human nature. It's not until the arguments and (what she can only presume is flirting) dies down that she decides to speak up.

"Is there something we should know about hybrids, professor?"

Myra looked to the back of the room as she heard a calm voice. It was the pretty girl from earlier. She had long black hair, blue eyes, and she was pretty.

"Hey you." she said walking back to Versai and looking her up and down.

"What's your name?" she asked tilting her head to the left a little.

Versai bites back the urge to question if the girl was talking to her. Of course she was, she was approaching her, and everyone else in the room had addressed themselves to the very pretty young lady. "Versai." She offers her calm, if not slightly saddened, smile.

"Versai Penumbra." The last name probably wasn't required or wanted. "And you're…Myra, right? I've always liked that name." It's got a charming ring to it, and it sounds like it could be short for miracle. Lovely

"Versai huh? That's unique... I like it!" she said with a smile. She was happy to hear Versai talk, she had a lovely soothing voice.

"Yes. Myra Rose. And its a pleasure to meet you Versai Penumbra. Thank you very much!" she smiled.

"Flattery will get you everywhere you know." she said snickering a little. Myra went and stood a little closer to Garett, who was chilling on the back wall. Total loner bad boy. He was mysterious and Myra wanted to know more.

"I've heard as much." Versai giggles quietly. She really likes this girl, she's outspoken and has a fearless air about her, both good qualities to have for the kind of journey they're about to take part in.

Myra strides away and goes to stand next to one of the boys—a boy that gave off that strong, silent, brooding vibe. He's also not bad to look at. It's that thought that causes Versai to glance at Myra over her shoulder and flash a subtle wink. They would make a cute match.

Alex listens to Myra and Versai. Learning the older females name. Ok missy. I will definitely pick on you from here on out every now and then. He thought as he looked around the room, waiting for the other two to come down and the Professor to speak. Wait... that name.... why does it sound familiar?

Brian was hesitant at first, allowing them to continue getting to know each other. but, he knew they were running short on time and cut them off.

"There are two reasons why I brought it up. Firstly," he said, holding a ball of fire in his hand, "I am one. and secondly," he continued, but was interrupted by the shocked faces of the kids.

Myra watched Professor Brian as he spoke. When he summoned the ball of fire in his hand. She didnt show much emotion but her eyes sparkled. Myra had always loved Hybrids they were so cool. However she did scoot a little closer to Garett and flinched a little.

"And secondly what? Brian... What are you hiding...? Tell me!" she said her voice getting shrill and her lips getting pouty.

"You're a what?"

For a second, Emery thinks she might have heard him wrong, that her ears were still plugged with Myra's cheery voice to fully understand - but his face remains twitching. This is why he was so nervous.

She grins, "you're a badass, huh?" What she would give to have that type of power, that ability to make others cower in fear... Emery casts a look around at the others to gauge their reactions - who wouldn't be in total awe of this guy?

Oh. Versai looks to the professor with slightly widened eyes. That wasn't what she was expecting, although…there was only so many reasons why he would bring up hybrids at a time like this, so it's not the biggest shock.

And secondly…

And secondly, what? Does this have something to do with why they were chosen? Why they were told to get here so quickly? Is this…about them…?

Garett's eyes widened when he saw that the professor was a hybrid. Garett finally snapped out of his train of thought again and noticed Myra now standing next to him and flinching. He pushed off the wall and stood straight, placing his left hand on the pokeball on his belt and staring intensely at the professor.

"Oh. So that is why the name sounds familiar. You were part of the group who helped those years ago." Alex thought for a moment.

"Do you know Arryn!? She is supposed to be an Ice hybrid! I want to meet her. I want to meet her! PLEASE!?" Alex fanboyed.

Tyre kept is calm, expressionless composure after hearing and seeing the professor was a Hybrid. It makes sense. Why else would he bring up Hybrids unless he was one?
    Tyre really did like the fact that he was in the presence of someone who can destroy everything in a few seconds. It kind of made him shiver in excitement.

He had so many questions to ask, but the professor wasn't finished explaining yet.

Ryan didn't know what to say, but he knew better than to interrupt someone in the middle of an explanation. "Guys, maybe we should let him finish...?"

"How about you all just shut your mouths for one second and let me explain!" Brian practically yelled at them. Whenever he used his fire abilities he tended to get a bit, angry at everything.

"The fact that I'm a hybrid is not the most important thing right now. The fact that you're all a new breed of half pokemon freaks is what I'm trying to tell you!"

Brian knew he probably should have worded that better.

"Look, just use these," he said, handing them each a modified holocaster. "It's called a holodex, it'll not only scan pokemon, but also people. It will tell you your typing, level, and age, gender, but you should already know those things. Give them a try, we have like twenty minutes before the attack. Have at it!"

Emery is not one to be easily shocked. Uncle Dev was the last shock of her life - him showing up at the police department to sign for full custody in sandals and no shirt was a little alarming to an eight year old - so nothing has really surprised her since. Yet, here we are.

Snatching the Holodex from the Professor, Emery turns it on, brows furrowed. What the hell is going on? We're freaks? We're under attack?

Myra frowned as Brian yelled at them. She bit her bottom lip and let him speak, she wasnt going to piss off the man that can bend fire. She almost had an aneurysm when Brian told them that they were 'Half Pokemon Freaks'. That meant they were all hybrids. She walked up to Brian.

"We're all hybrids...?" she said a little scared and a little excited. She snatched the Holodex from Brian and turned it on. She turned around and looked at Garett. She used the holodex to scan Garett and watched in amazement as it told her all about them.

"Garett... You are a Twenty year old male... You are a Poison Type... And you are level one!"

"Someone scan me now!" she said with an excited smile.

She was way too excited to worry about the attack. "How do we use our powers?!" She screamed at Brian her voice getting higher the more excited she got.

I'm a- a hybrid? Garett shook his head in disbelief. "What the hell do you mean we're half pokemon?!" Garett took his holodex then glared at the professor. "And what's this about an attack?" Garett said with an obviously angry tone in his voice.

Irritated by the professor's lack of reaction to his question, Garett turned around and activated his dex. Garett looked up as Myra started saying information about him. "Believe it or not but I already knew my age and gender." he said sarcastically with a grin. "Poison's pretty cool though." [Would have been cooler if could have started with a Seviper.[/I]

"I guess we know you aren't related to Professor Oak then." Alex told Garett, before he could continue.

Myra rolled her eyes and giggled a little at what Garett had said. "Shut up." she said giggling and then letting out a loud scream finding out what type she was.

Garett tapped away at the dex hitting wrong buttons and opening pages he didn't need. I have no clue how this damn thing works. After what felt like an eternity Garett finally figured out how the scanner worked and pointed it at Myra.

"Fun fact, you're a female. Says you're a fairy type." Never thought I'd talk this much to someone I don't even know. Especially consideting I'm pretty sure she was that rich snob from school.

"FAIRY? THATS SO COOL!" she squealed as she threw her arms around Garett. It was just something she did out of excitement. She couldnt help but notice how nice his arms were.

Emery rolls her eyes as Myra's type is revealed. Shocker.

Garett stumbled backwards as Myra randomly threw herself at him. This is a little weird since we just met but you're kinda cute so I'll let it slide Garett put his arms around Myra for a few seconds before breaking the hug. "Our types are cool and all but he did mention an attack. I think we should focus a little more on that."

Myra blushed a little on the hug and stepped back from him, fixing her hair a little and nodding in agreement.

"Uh yeah. You're right." she said awkwardly. She would not accept this bubbly feeling in her gut.

At this point, Tyre didn't know what to say, or even think for that matter. He was listening to everyone talk and cheer about there types. He wasn't too worried about the attack, since we had a Hybrid professor in the room to protect us all. What he was more concerned with, was his typing.

People all seemed to have some cool typings. Someone was poison, Someone was Fairy. He wanted to be something amazing. Like a Dragon type or a Fire type. He hoped he wasn't anything pathetic, like a bug type or normal type. It would seriously make him regret being alive.

He went up to the professor and took the Holodex and fiddled with it for a bit. Moments later, he figured out how to scan somebody and accedentally scanned the red head girl in front of him.

"... Fire huh?"

He didn't want to rely on anybody to scan him, so he memorized the button combination and pointed the Holodex towards himself. Once he heard the little jingle which notified him the scan was a success, he hesitantly began to look at the Holodex, praying he wasn't anything garbage.

He first read the basic information he already knew. "Age, 22. Gender, Male. Type... Steel."

"Steel?!" He shouted, wondering why steel. "Why couldn't it have been something cooler, like electric, or ice..." He groaned in dissapointment. He began to think about Pokemon that were steel types. Magnemite. Klink. Probopass. Just thinking about the pokemon associated with the steel typing made his stomach turn.

"...Really... Great... Just great. I find out I'm a Hybrid just like the Prime 5 but have a typing that isn't elite in the slightest."

He groaned a few more times before finally accepting the fact that his typing was trash and there was nothing he could do about it.

Ryan caught the Holodex that the Professor practically threw at him, still reeling from the expositional onslaught. "Wait, what was that about an attack?!"

Half Pokémon freaks?

Versai's first reaction is to reject Brian's words completely, take them as a sick joke and walk away before he can take up any more of their time.

At least…that's what she wanted to do, wanted to believe…If only everything didn't add up so completely. This /is/ why they were told to hurry, this is why they were chosen, out of so many people that wanted to start their journey , this….

Attack?!

Versai's eyes narrow as she walks towards the professor, taking the machine from him with the slightest hint of reluctance. "We have twenty minutes before some kind of attack, and you want us to play with your new device? What kind of attack is this, and how do you know about it?"

They shouldn't be playing around. They shouldbe running, or hiding, or setting up some kind of defense. Something, anything! She looks to the device in her hands and points it towards herself. If they're going to fight...best know what she's made of...literally.

"Dark type." She speaks quietly. That makes too much sense, to be quite honest. Her desire to remain in dark places, her fondness to veil herself in dark colors. "Shadow Tag." She continues. At least that's...useful.

As everyone listed to Brian and Alex smiled. Was Alex the only one happy? He had always dreamed to be a hybrid or at least part of one. He looked up to the others, especially the one called Shadow. And he was basically in love with the one called Arryn because of her Ice type. Alex took up the Holodex and scanned himself. He read everything he already knew and then Ice type and Water Veil popped up. He didn't explode like he wanted to, He held it in.

"Awesome, I have an Ice typing like Arryn. Not only that, but I can't get burned." Alex said, "Guess that also explains why I like the cold more than warm. Although, I still love warm weather."

"We'll see if you get burned or not." Emery challenged.

He heard Emery say something, And it made him grin. He was surpised. He walked up to Emery and scanned her, without asking.

"Well I will be a Chimchar's Uncle. You are a fire type after all. I guess that explains why I have been so weary of you. You definetly have the attribute of a hot headed Charizard. You also have the ability Flash Fire." He smiled, "But don't think your flames will be melting my ice."

Fire type. She actually smiles - not one of her ultra-rare genuine smiles, but one that curves at the corner and probably unsettles more than a few people in the vicinity.

He looked at Emery. He was a bit surprised that she had not yet tried to slap or punch him in the face, "Our relationship will be interesting to say the least. But, I can adapt when what makes me weary is known and not unknown."

A few moments passed before the rest of Brian's words had actually made it to Alex's brain.

"Wait.... an attack." He said, suddenly turning serious.

Versai was right. They were wasting time playing with the devices and buzzing about their typing. Professor Brian was out of his damn mind for dropping a bombshell like this and forcing them to prepare for battle already.

"How do we use our powers?" Emery growls and feels frustrated with herself - I'm not even questioning this or his judgement. Stop going soft.

She rests a hand on her newly required caramel coloured Pokeball.

He watched as Emery put her hand on her pokeball and he did the same thing. "Not the time guys. We can all get together after this attack." He told everyone in the room, now more serious than anyone has seen him so far.

"I don't think we have time to learn." The clock is ticking. They have less than twenty minutes to prepare for an attack that they know nothing about. Where's it coming from? Who or what's coming after them?

Versai looks at the fiery Pokeball in her hand and nods, as if understanding what needs to be done. "We'll have to fight with our Pokémon."

They took too long, Brian thought. It was just then that the lights went out, the door burst open, and a whole herd of shadow grunts ran into the room. It looks like they were going to have to fight. Brian stood back and left the grunts up to the students, he had a bigger threat to attend to.

Ryan had prepared his whole life for this moment. As soon as the grunts kicked down the door, he rushed forward to put himself between the grunts and the girls. He knew they could probably take care of themselves, and it was a little chauvinistic, but he wouldn't let them get hurt.

Contributors:
    Godzil - Ryan
    ElBurrito - Garret
    LinearAxel - Versai
    Merlin - Brian
    Gray - Tyre
    ShatteredxFrost - Emery
    ♡Zatanna♡ - Myra
    IcyIce - Alex

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years

• Part 4/4
    Alex wanted to throw a chair at Brian for leading them to this and then leaving them with no further instructions. The lights faltered and everything went dark. Men that he could only describe as Shadow Grunts ran into the room.

"Well a Blast Burn to you too! Thanks for leaving us like this! Next time, at least give us a damned burn heal." He yelled after Brian.

One of the grunts threw out a Sandile and it tried to throw sand in the direction of him and Emery. Alex quickly reacted and threw out Wave.

"Aqua Jet!" Alex yelled.

A torrent of water formed around the Dratini and it charged into the sand attack, causing the sand to turn to mud and fall before it could hit anyone.

"I will take this one! I don't think we should use our moves or abilities unless needed. We don't know anything and I doubt we would have control over them so soon. It may just be because I would still rather not feel fire so close to be in a small space like this. We can't be reckless. What ever power we have, could easily backfire on us or one of our friends." Alex suggested.

"Wave, use thunder wave on the building to see if you can jump start the power when you can. Other than that, use Aqua Jet on the Sandile!" Alex yelled.

Garett looked up as the lights began flicking then went dark. This doesn't look good. Garett quickly turned to face the lab door as Shadow Grunts burst into the room and released their pokemon. Garett looked over and glared at Brian as the man stood back and did nothing. So that's how it's going to be? You reveal to us that we're a bunch of freaks and then lead us into a trap to get slaughtered? He balled his hands into fists and began walking toward the professor but stopped when he heard something moving his way.

Garett shoved Myra and threw his arm up to deflect a Murkrow's wing attack that was aimed at her face. "Sorry about that" Garett said, looking back at Myra.

Garett followed Murkrow with his eyes as he grabbed the pokeball on his belt. "Alright Rufflet. Time to see what you can do." He tossed the ball into the air releasing the eaglet pokemon. "Rufflet!" the pokemon yelled as it made a B-line for the dark bird.

Everything was happening so fast. Myra just stood there as everything happened around her. People were screaming, yelling, lights were splashing, it was so crazy. Myra didn't know what was going on. However she snapped back into reality as Garett shoved her out of the way.

At first she was upset but when she saw it was Garett protecting her, her anger melted away. Myra grabbed the ribbon from around her wrist and tied her hair up in a bow. It was time to fight.

A few Dark Pokemon made it into the room, but Ryan thought up a plan to bottleneck the rest. "Froakie, let's go! Use your bubbles to slow them down!" Froakie pops out of his ball, looking around for his target. "The trainers. Hit them with Bubbles, and anything they send out will have to fight through your barrage barricade." Froakie reacted in surprise, but obeyed, spitting out waves of bubbles at the Shadow Grunts. Ryan once again offered Myra a hand up, knowing that lying on the ground is the worst place to be in a fight.

It would seem Brian walked them all into a trap; however, there are bigger matters to tend to: There are people charging into this room, and she will be damned if she lets them get a hold of the others. She's always been protective, and the realization that she is the oldest member of this small group only amplified that sensation tenfold.

Her eyes narrow at a Sneasel that comes barreling towards them. "Fennekin! Ember attack!" She calls as she tosses the fiery Pokeball. The fire fox bursts out, releasing a stream of tiny flames to the speeding ice type.

The embers made the room slightly brighter, which would help significantly if it continued. "Keep firing! Ember anything that comes close!"

Alex felt the heat from an ember attack and quickly jumped away from the fire. He started backing up on the far side of Emery, away from everyone else and most away from the fire. Using Thunder Wave wouldn't be wise in a metal building live this, plus morning light was filtering in from the door and windows.

"Wave, forget I asked you to use Thunder Wave when you get a chance. That was stupid on my part. Just focus on that Sandile for now." Alex told his Dratini.

Tyre scanned the room once the lights went out. Professor Brian was nowhere to be found and a bunch of stupid looking grunts burst in the room with there Dark type Pokemon.

Because of his lack of presence, He had a bit of time to analyze the situation before a grunt finally noticed him.

All the Pokemon from the grunts side was all dark type Pokemon. A Terrible match for his Ghastly. There had to be something he could do, He just had to think.

Professor Brian cowardly ran away, leaving a bunch of incompetent freaks to deal with the ten or so grunts that burst into the Lab. The lights begin to flicker at their entrance. All Emery could make out in the dark and small flashes of light were that their eyes were entirely covered. Black and Sea Green - I don't know any Team that has those colours.

Emery is pushed all the way to the back during the fight. She takes the opportunity to send out her Eevee and scan it for the list of moves it can perform. Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand Attack. Level 5. Female.

A woman grunt charges for her, her Sandile trotting along beside her.

"Eevee, use Sand Attack against the Sandile!" Emery shouts and runs around a bench with all sorts of clipboards and files. The woman halts, momentarily confused and Emery reels back, lifting her knee and kicking her chest as hard as possible - you learn these things on the streets. The Grunt falls back, her head smashing into the floor and disoriented.

Eevee had continued to blind the Sandile with sand, just as Emery instructed. "Tackle!"

Just as she had done to the Chespin earlier, Eevee pounces on the Sandile as an attack, slamming her entire body into the crocodile Pokemon.

Alex and Emery were now both fighting a Sandile. Alex knew that he couldn't let Dratini countinue to fight like this, or else it will be worn out before we even left the building.

Hmm, I wonder if I can try to use a move... Ice would only cause minor cuts or sever freezer burn.... I got to take a chance.

Going against his own 'words of advice' he tried to summon an ice beam or some other attack at the grunt while Wave fought the Sandile. Nothing happened. He tried with all his might to use an ice attack, but again failed.

"To hell with it." Alex said, he ran and grabbed a chair and hurled it at the Sandile's trainer. The impact made the chair shatter across the grunt that was attacked and splinters from the chair went everywhere.

Alex was blind sided by a fire attack that he thought was incenerate from the Sandile. It hit him, pushing him back. His body felt like it was burning, but within a second, a cool wave of water surronded him, fixing all burns. However, he lsot part of his shirt in the attack that was not restore. Wave finally wrapped around the Sandile and used Aqua Jet and slammed into the wall with the Sandile.

There's got to be something else I can do. Garett looked at the elemental attacks flying through the air in various directions. Well if I'm a freak then I should be able to use attacks too... Garett jumped back as Murkrow and Rufflet flew by his head, pecking and clawing each other. Garett threw his arms in front of his face to block a Night Shade attack that missed Rufflet. As his arms moved, Garett noticed purple needles shoot from between his fingers. Poison Sting? The Night Shade struck Garett, sending him flying back.

Myra was thinking about what she wanted to do. She was a little hesitant to send Tink out into the midst of battle. She decided she would give her powers a go.

Myra wasn't sure what to do. She thought of the fairy type attacks she knew. Maybe she could use moonblast. So she put her hands to the sky and closed her eyes then pointed them at one of the grunts. Nothing happened.

Myra thought for a second before thinking of the perfect move to use. Dazzling gleam. It was the perfect move for Myra. She was dazzlingly beautiful. Myra closed her eyes and focused on this new Fairy Energy. She felt this bubbly pink feeling in her body.

Her hands started to glow and sparkle. It was so much energy building up in her hands. All of the sudden these random sparkle light beamy things shot out of her hands. All of these beams fizzled but one, which hit Garett instead of the grunts. This also sent Myra tumbling backwards into the wall.

This "attack" took alot of energy, it left her feeling light headed, and she wasnt going to let Tink go in there and get beat. She was gonna have to help Tink and everyone else. She slowly got back up and took a deep breath. Ryan offers her a hand up, putting himself between her and the grunts.

Myra took his hand up and brushed herself off. "Thanks but I got this... Tink! Spotlight!" she said summoning the pokemon. It stood behind her looking at the fight that was going on. Tink knew what she had to do. So Myra and Tink ran into battle, side by side. Myra was punching, slapping and pulling one of the female grunts hair. Tink was using Metronome on the grunts Purrloin. The first metronome was a razor leaf, which the purrlion dodged, the next was a thundershock which seemed to do the trick. However Myra and Tink both looked like idiots.

Garett rolled over onto his stomach and slowly pushed himself up. He looked ahead and watched as Myra tried to launch an attack. "Shiiiit..." Garett muttered ..." Garett muttered as he watched a beam of energy fly toward him. He tried to roll out of the way but the beam hit his side, knocking him into a wall.

Garett slowly stood up and brushed off his shoulders. "Rufflet!" Garett called as he held out his arm. The pokemon landed on Garett's arm and looked at it's trainer.

"Wait until I say to attack." Rufflet gave a nod and Garett followed Murkrow with his eyes. "Now!"

Rufflet flew from Garett's arm and struck Murkrow in the chest with a Peck, knocking the dark pokemon out. Garett looked over at Myra and Tink struggling to take down their opponents. "We should probably help them", Rufflet nodded to it's trainer and the two moved toward Myra and her Togepi. Rufflet hovered over Purrloin's and started pecking the cat's head. Garett walked up to the female grunt Myra was fighting and tapped on the grunt's shoulder.

Myra looked behind the grunt she was fighting and saw Garett tapping his shoulder. Usually she would protest someone trying to help her. She was independent and hated when people babied her and thought since she was pretty she was weak. However since it was Garett she decided to let him be her knight in poison armor.

When the grunt turned around to look at Garett, Myra kicked her right in the stomach bringing her to her knees.

"Thanks for the help. Im not as strong as I think I am..." she confessed and then looked to see Rufflet helping out Tink. Tink kept up the metronomes before letting out a Hydro Pump that soaked Rufflet and Purrloin.

Rufflet shook the water from it's feathers and flew to Garett as he gave a nod to Myra and took off running toward the rest of the grunts.

Damn,,, even with Water Veil, I can still feel the pain. Alex thought, watching the Sandile and Dratini struggle as he grabbed his side.

"Now I'm really going to have to buy new clothing." He spat, trying to sound as if he wasn't hurt. Although no physically, he could still feel the pain. Maybe in time it would become stronger.

After a moment of struggle, Dratini won the battle between the Sandile. Knocking one of the Grunts out. He returned Dratini, knowing that fighting any more would put it in danger.

Although Froakie's Bubbles were keeping the Grunts at bay, too many were still getting through, and the poor frog couldn't keep it up forever. Ryan knew it was time to switch tactics. "Enough, Froakie! Just focus on one at a time!" Froakie nodded his thanks, unable to spit out any more bubbles. Just then, a Poochyena rushed in, trying to Tackle Froakie. Ryan scooped him up, but the small dog jumped up and latched onto Ryan's arm. He tried to shake it off, but it refused to let go.

Froakie jumped in and punched Poochyena in the snout, causing it to let go. He then jumped off Ryan's shoulder and landed on Poochyena with a perfect Frog Splash. Ryan kicked the dog as Froakie hopped back to his side, mustering the strength for another Bubble, sending the pooch scrambling for safety. Ryan tore off a strip of his shirt to bandage his arm, but the bleeding wasn't too bad.

While everyone was battling he came to the conclusion that he would have to fight the grunts and Pokemon on his own. He had to, otherwise ghastly would get beat by anything thrown at him. He couldn't risk losing the Pokemon he's just obtained so he took a fighting stance.

Soon, a grunt finally noticed Tyre and sent out a Sableye.

"... Sableye? Maybe don't have to fight after all..." He mumbled, sending out his ghastly. He was somewhat dissapointed that he did a whole bunch of planning for no reason, but he was relieved he didn't have to make a fool of himself trying to learn what his steel abilities are in the heat of the moment.

"Alright Spooks. Destroy the Sableye." He commanded. He didn't know any of his Ghastly's moves, so he'd hope Ghastly would understand how to fight and do things for him.

Sure enough, Ghastly attacked the Sableye using one of it's most well known moves. "Lick."

Spooks licked the Sableye once. One time was all it took for the enemy pokemon to become paralyzed. Because Sableye couldn't move, spooks used that as an opportunity to lick over and over again until the opponent Sableye passed out.

"... I guess we clucthed it didn't we?" He said to ghastly, quite satisfied with his easy victory.

The grunt swore under his breath a few times before calling back his Sableye. He then knew it was pointless trying to continue, so he blended in with his fellow grunts, not doing anything.

To avoid further confrontation, Tyre simply blended with his surrounding, becoming completely unoticable. He then sat and watched everyone else handle there problems.

Chaos was erupting around them. The odds weren't in their favor to begin with, and now, fearful and desperate, her teammates were making their situation worse by trying to use powers that they only discovered they had moments ago. Myra was trying her hardest, but her powers only managed to damage one of their own.

Their Pokémon are outnumbered and outclassed, each of them at the mere level five. Meanwhile, the Pokémon they did manage to knock out were quickly replaced with others. If there's ten grunts, and each has six Pokémon, that's sixty…sixty Pokémon they're asking their very new partners to take on.

…But there's only ten grunts.

"Fennekin." Versai speaks in an eerily calm voice. While her normal voice has a soothing quality to it, what's coming from her mouth now seems almost robotic in how cool and monotone it is. Versai reaches for the scarf around her neck and quickly discards it onto the floor, along with her long jacket. Fennekin turns to its trainer, panting from the stream of embers that have been shooting from its mouth for several minutes now.

Versai motions to her shoulder, and the tiny fox hops on. "Don't let go." She instructs in the same unsettling tone.

A Scraggy notices the little fox taking refuge in its trainer's hair and launches itself into a jump kick, which Versai pivots away from, leaving the Pokémon to smash into the floor below. From there she begins to weave around the onslaught of Pokémon—they simply aren't what she's after.

Seeing the woman coming for them, a male grunt thrusts a punch in her direction. Versai grabs onto the man's wrist and, using the force of his own weight against him, heaves him against the nearest wall. Her actions do not go unnoticed; another grunt rushes towards her from the side, his frantic footsteps make it impossible for Versai not to notice, and she retaliates by wheeling her leg in a semi-circle, plowing a forceful kick into his stomach.

As the second grunt falls, Versai steadies her legs into a balanced stance. Her arms raise over her chest in a defensive manner, awaiting another attack. Her calm eyes are now dangerously narrowed, and her resting peaceful expression was long gone; replaced with an almost unnaturally cold stare.

Emery watches the exchange between the fallen Grunt and Versai. Her earlier shy demeanor changed in an instant, her expression uncaring and distant.

Most of the Grunts' Pokemon were defeated, with four of them having been knocked around themselves. Having caught onto Versai's plan, Emery grabs the collar of a Grunt heading straight for the guy with a Froakie. She pulls him back against her, hooking an arm around his neck in a choke hold, her hand now grabbing a fistful of his hair.

"Who are you guys?" She demands, all traces of excitement erased by the severity of what they were facing. They were here for a reason, and if it had anything to do with what they were - she was going to find out.

As Alex tried to regain himself, he watched as the quiet female had completely changed and watched as the red head had caught another one in a choke hold. As he turned to see if he could assist, he was blind sided by a punch to the face. The hit was a hard hit and it made him fall to the ground. He felt blood running down his face from his nose. He got up and turned at the guy who had punched him in the face. He wipe blood from his mouth and looked at the darkish red blood.

Alex's eyes narrowed, "That was an..... unwise decesion." He said with a hint of sacasm in his voice, spitting blood out that had seaped into his mouth and turning his attention to the same man.

The man didn't falter and he tried to punch Alex in the face again, but this time, Alex dodged it. He side stepped the man and grabbed the poor guys arm. He then grabbed the man's head with his free hand and slammed the guys head into the wall, hard, possibly a bit too hard as it left a dent in the wall. The man fell to the ground, no sure if he was still alive. But he was sure the man wasn't that weak.

Another grunt charged at Alex, Alex simply grabbed the man's fist, spun to the side, twisting the arm and brought his elbow down on the man's arm. Hitting it the joint, caused a loud snap, anyone near could have heard it, The man fell to his knees in agony and Alex spun around and kicking the man in the head, knocking him out, he hoped.

"Don't ever punch me in my face." Alex spat, turning his attention back to the group. He had to admire both females for being so strong. It was crystal clear to him that it wouldn't be wise to piss one of them off. He definetly didn't want to be on the recieveing end of the their attacks.

Garett pointed his arm and tried to launch a Poison Sting at Murkrow's trainer as the man returned his pokemon. Nothing happened so Garett dropped his arm and charged at the man who was now running at him.

Garett ducked and dodged one punch but took another punch to his face, causing him to stumble back. The grunt started throwing punch after punch at Garett. Garett dodged and blocked more punches before taking a kick to the gut. Garett looked behind him then grabbed his stomach and dropped to his knees, faking pain from the kick. As soon as Garett hit the ground Rufflet swooped in and slammed into the man's face. As the man stepped back, swinging at the bird, Garett grinned and jumped up.

Garett swiftly moved behind the grunt and put the man in a headlock. The man struggled to remove Garett's arm but couldn't pry his neck free. Failing to remove Garett's arm, the grunt flipped Garett over his back and onto the ground. Garett let out a loud grunt as he slammed hard into the ground and rolled to his stomach. He spit blood out of his mouth then looked to his right as he spotted a broken shard of glass. He grabbed the piece of glass and jumped up, using his palm to force the shard into the grunt's throat. Garett finished the man off with a punch to the face, poison pins shooting out of his hands and sticking in the man's forehead on impact. Oh, so now Poison Sting wants to work. Garett looked around the room at the ongoing chaos. How much longer is this going to last?

Tyre watched as everyone struggled. Did he really have it easy? His opponent only had one Pokemon. Was it right to let everyone struggle?

The thought of him just standing there while everyone slowly perished was something he thought he didn't care about, but after thinking about it. It'd be a shame if he was the last survivor. He would like to know atleast 1 Hybrid was alive and well.

Myra looked around the room. Everyone was doing such a good job fighting, except her. She knew that she wasn't weak. Well she was physically weak. Myra had to think on her feet. She ran over to the computer and pulled out the extension chord, turning it into some type of whip like thing. She went over to the group of grunts who were defeated. She wrapped the chord around them and pulled it tight, making sure they weren't going anywhere.

There were six gaurds left and she figured that she would probably be in the way if she tried to help. Myra knew this was going to be a serious problem. She was going to have Versai train her how to fight with her fists, not just with weapons. Because there wasnt always weapons, like now. She did want to try another dazzling gleam so she raised both of her hands and tried to fire another dazzling gleam with her eyes open. They fired out of her hands, most of them fizzling and the other 2 that hit the gaurd didnt pack much of a wallop.

When Myra looked over at Garett he was on the ground spitting up blood. She gasped a little and continued to watch. She didn't want to try and help and hit him again. Then Garett jammed a peice of glass in the grunts throat. Then poison stung him in the face. Myra watched as the grunts faced swelled up. She looked over at Garett. He was so powerful and strong but she wasn't going to show it.

"Garett.. are you alright?"

Garett looked down at the grunt struggling to breathe as Rufflet landed on Garett's shoulder. Garett looked at Myra as she said his name. He gave her a thumb's up then started moving toward the rest of the fight.

Brian knew Orchid was on her way through the secret entrance. He ran to meet up with her before she could get to the kids, although he was starting to realize they weren't as incapable as he thought when he heard screams of grunts writhing in pain. In his momentary distraction, Orchid slammed into him, sending him sprawling onto the ground.

"About time you showed up." He coughed out.

"About time you learned how to fight. It's been ten years and you're still as weak as the day we met." She grinned, kicking him in the side.

He gasped, trying not to vomit up his lunch. Orchid, noticing his face, screamed.

"Not on my shoes!"

He grinned, the distraction allowing him to spin his legs around and knock her over.

"Idiot." He laughed.

They spent at least ten minutes fighting, Brian using his flaming fists and small knowledge of martial arts, and Orchid, using her gracefulness and bullet-proof parasol. It was a very close fight, at first, until Orchid smartened up and began to use poisonous attacks. Brian was slowly backed down the hall to the main room, Orchid staring at the exhausted professor in glee.

"Ready to die?" she grinned.

"Not before you do Orchid." He retorted.

"Do not ever, ever, call me that again. It's Flora, you disrespectful little…"

"Why? Afraid of living in Tulip's shadow? Had to change your name just so people wouldn't point at you and laugh?"

Her face was beet red. She screamed, and ran, pushing Brian into the main room, into the group of exhausted or dead grunts, right where the group of new hybrids stood watching. Brian laughed, and sent a huge, blue fireball into her face. She screamed in agony, the left side of her face had a huge burned mark that ran from her nose to her ear. She was mad, to say the least.

Letting out a noise that could be compared to a lion's roar, she pinned Brian to the floor, driving the poisoned tip of her heel into his neck. She looked up, proud, and noticed that all her backup was either unconscious, or dead. She sneered.

"I'll be back to kill you all later. Right now I'm content with murdering this traitor." She kicked some dirt at Brian and then melted into the shadows, completely invisible, and retreated.

Merlin as Professor Brianshatteredxfrost as EmeryIcyIce as AlexElBurrito as GarettGodzil as RyanLinearAxel as VersaiGray-_-Hatred as TyreZatanna as Myra

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years

• Garett Temero

Garett spun around as he heard Brian and a mysterious woman enter the room, fighting. Garett watched in confusion as Brian launched a fireball into the woman's face then get pinned down by her heel. "I'll be backto kill you all later. Right now I'm content with murdering this traitor." She said before disappearing.

Garett looked at the professor who was now lying on the floor, presumably dead. Well I guess it's too late to give him a piece of my mind. He turned back to check for more grunts but only saw the othertrainers. "Let's see if there are any more of them outside." Garett said to Rufflet as he walked to the door.

Garett stepped outside and, seeing no grunts in the area, leaned back against the wall and slid to the ground. "I'm glad that's over with." Garett said as he hit the ground. Rufflet hopped off Garett's shoulder and stood on the trainer's feet staring up at him. "For a stupid bird you sure can fight." Rufflet grimaced at it's trainer. "Alright, I'm sorry. You're not a stupid bird." The tiny eaglet puffed out it's chest and chirped. "I think I'll call you something else though. How about… Little asshole? That's fitting". Rufflet pecked Garett's shin again and flew up as the trainer swung at it. "Ow! You little-!" Rufflet landed on Garett's head and leaned over, staring directly into Garett's eyes.

"Fair enough." Garett rolled his eyes at the bird in his face. "Fine, how about… Meric? Would you prefer that?" The bird pokemon flapped it's wings and chirped in approval. "Ok then, I'll call you Meric". Garett sat on the ground, bruised and bloodied from the fight, and stared off into the
    distance. "This is not how I expected the journey to start."

Last edited:

LinearAxel

Years
  • Versai PenumbraIt Begins

Sahara_zpspdyr5rg4.png

V_zpszb0ugcsc.gif
    It seems he didn't abandon them; he left them to deal with a mediocre threat in order to protect them from a much bigger one. The commotion that came from Brian falling down the steps caused Versai to plant herself firmly between the murderous woman and her fellow trainers, which was where she stood as the woman faded into the shadows.

Was she...a dark type too? Was that a skill Versai could one day learn? Or...was she a ghost? Versai glances down at their professor; his eerie stillness jerks her back from her thoughts on the woman, and instead focuses on the hole she left in the man's neck.

"Let's see if there are any more of them outside."

Garrett announced as he walked to the door. No, she thought. If anyone was waiting outside they would have retreated by now.

"Fen..." The fire fox whimpers as it peeks out from under Versai's hair, her brightly colored eyes focused on the professor. Versai nods to her little fox and crosses to him, slowly sinking onto her knees and placing two fingers on a pulse point, where she waits, completely still, for several seconds in hopes of detecting a pulse.

Fennekin leaps down from her new trainer's shoulder and delicately nudges the man's hand with her nose.

shatteredxfrost

Years

• With the sudden entrance of Professor Brian and that woman's fight, Emery watched it in silence, mixed with anticipation. Both Hybrids. They're capable of so much!

It's not likely that the grunt she has in a choke hold will give up any information, and he was becoming a tire to keep hold of. Adjusting her grasp, Emery slams his head down onto a bench. He slumps over, falling to the ground unconscious.

"This is not how I expected the journey to start." Garett - she thinks - mutters. He's on the ground, battered and bruised.

"No? I think it was quite fun." Emery chuckles and bends to check over her Eevee. The small fox had taken down her first opponent well, but for being such a low level, she didn't make it out unscathed. She returns her Eevee to the Pokeball, giving her a place to rest easy until they get to a center.

Now the real problem was their Professor laying motionless on the floor. Versai kneels over him, checking for a pulse.

"Is he dead?" Emery asks. She wasn't worried - just mildly annoyed that their only source of information was in terrible condition.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

• Alex

Alex looked at everyone to make sure that they were all alright. He took a seat at a chair and held his side. The pain was somewhat bad. At of everyone there, he was thinking he was the only that was attacked by a fire attack and was punched, other than Brian. No one seemed to care, so he didn't want to care about them. Why should he?. But he had to make sure everyone was alright. He looked over at Brian, who was now lying on the floor, but he didn't ask if the man was dead already or not.

His stomach growled and with out a word, he started to walk out. He needed new clothing and he wanted to get Dratini checked on. But as he tried to leave, he stopped himself, unable to bring himself to ditch this people, regardless of there 'so very caring' nature. But some answers needed to be answered.

"He better be alive. After all of this. He shouldn't leave us in the dark again. He could have gotten us all killed." Alex spat, taking a seat on the floor, using one of the men that had been knocked out as a seat.

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years
  • [/FONT]

CK9hVjM.png
    ♡Myra Rose♡​

Myra watched from the side as the battle between Orchid or Flora , and Brian. She was amazed by the girls beauty and power. She had this gorgeous green outfit that was powerful and hot at the same time. She was so powerful and Myra wanted to be like her. She was so evil though, Myra never wanted to be like that. She couldn't be evil, like ever.

Myra went over to Brian and sat next to Versai. She seemed to have it taken care of but Myra did internships at the Pokemon Center during the summer. She took a look at the puncture in his neck from the heel of her boot. It was an off color, which probably meant he had been poisoned.

"We should get him some pecha berries..." she said standing up. Tink waddled herself over and tugged on Myra's knee high's.

Myra took out Tinks pokeball and sucked her up into it. She put the pokeball away and looked down at Brian.

"I'm gonna go get some Pecha berries from the forrest." she said softly and exited the lab. As she took a step outside she saw Garett sitting on the ground.

"Watch out. You might get hit by a door." she said chuckling a little and smiling.

"Is there any baddies out here?" she said looking around. That was a stupid question, if there was they would be attacking.

"Will you come with me to find pecha berries...? I can't fight and Tink is low on health. Im a little scared to go alone." she said blushing a little. Myra hated showing weakness. She already was weak and she hated it.

Last edited:
    Years

• Matt Mortimor

Matt watched from the safety of the treetops. When he noticed Flora exit the building he knew she had failed. There was a reason why he switched out the team of grunts she had picked out with the incompetent ones. He moved swiftly, jumping down and floating to the ground. His spiritomb was sitting there, or rather floating there, waiting for him. He picked up the stone it was tethered to, and it retracted its spectral body into the cracks.

"Let's get going!" he said, trying to mimic Andrew's peppy voice.

He grimaced. Why did people have to be so happy all the time?

He took the long path, floating most of the way, so he had an excuse why he was late. But, as he rounded the corner and came up to the doors, he noticed that Flora had accomplished a lot more than he thought she could. Brian was laying on the floor, unconscious with what looked like a fatal wound. Maybe he shouldn't underestimate that witch. She could be pretty deadly, especially if you pushed the wrong buttons.

"Oh my! I'm sorry I'm late! What happened?" he said, sounding almost exactly like Andrew. If any of these kids had ever met him, they sure wouldn't have known the difference.

LinearAxel

Years

Sahara_zpspdyr5rg4.png

V_zpszb0ugcsc.gif
    "I…don't think so." She's hardly a professional, but Fennekin continues to try to urge him to stand. Those large ears must be detecting some kind of heartbeat or breathing pattern, no matter how faint.

She hears the delicate footsteps drawing closer, and glances to her side as Myra takes a seat beside her. Pecha? So he's been poisoned. The delicate blonde speaks with such certainty that Versai feels confident she has dealt with this kind of thing before. Myra steps out in search of berries, and Versai stands and walks towards her discarded jacket. She folds the purple material into a makeshift pillow and tucks it under Brian's head. "Call for me if he stops breathing, okay?"

"Fen?" The fire fox blinks. She looks back at the professor and sits at his side as Versai makes her way to Alex—out of all of them, he seems to be in the worst shape. He was holding his side rather stiffly, indicating a bruised or possibly cracked rib.

"What kind of pain is it?" She asked, gesturing to his side. "Dull and consistent, or stabbing and sudden?"

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years

• --Tyre's Data--​
    Spoiler:

Tyre

Tyre takes in everything that happened. First, I find out that I that the professor is a Hybrid. I find out that I am a hybrid. We're attacked by a bunch of grunts, and when everything is settled on our side, The professor is possibly dead.

What the actual fuck is going on?...

He sighed and decided to examine the body after Versai. He came up beside the body and sat beside it, Still making no attempt to interact with anybody. The people in the room with him seem to be treating someone's wound.

He scratched the back of his head and groaned, not knowing what to do. I think I'll stay independent. They seem like they'll all travel together, But I work best alone. "Maybe I can search for the Prime 5 Hybrids, and learn or thing or two. " I got up and proceeded to walk to the exit with the one goal in mind.

Years

• Ryan Anders

After the fight was over, Ryan checked Froakie to make sure he wasn't hurt. The little frog seemed more concerned with Ryan's bite, but he shrugged that off. "Don't worry, I've had worse. You should've seen my dad's training methods." He took stock of the others, who were either checking on the Professor, resting up, or looking for answers.

"I'm gonna go get some Pecha berries from the forest..." Myra muttered as she left. The others didn't react much, but it gave Ryan an idea. "He'll need more than just Berries. Maybe there's a first aid kit around here? Or maybe we should call a doctor. And probably the police! I mean, we were attacked! Someone should know about this!" His mind made up, he went to the nearest phone, dialing the number for emergency services.

"Hello, Officer? There's been an attack! I'm at the Lab with a bunch of other kids, and some men in dark clothes kicked in the door! I guess there are some women in dark clothes too." He paused, the officer asking questions. "No, we're not currently under attack, we managed to fight them off! But some ... About 10? I didn't stop to count! Some of us are hurt! ... The Professor got into a fight with a Hybrid woman, and he's... Well, he's a Hybrid, too. But... Would that work? I don't know if Potions affect Hybrids like... We could try, but I don't think..."

Ryan was starting to get annoyed. "Officer, this isn't a joke! A man is bleeding, one of us got burned, another bitten by a Poochyena... No, we're not Hybrids! Or maybe we are, the Professor wasn't very.." He pulled the phone away, looking at it in confusion. "He hung up on me!"

He turned back to the group, more worried than annoyed. "Okay, so I don't think help is coming. Maybe we should look for a first aid kit, or maybe a Potion, because the officer suggested we try potions on Hybrids, but I think he was joking, although it probably couldn't hurt. And now I wonder if Pokemon medicines work on us, I mean we are half-Pokemon or something, I'm not really sure, but maybe a Burn Heal would work on his side, if we can find one."

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

Years

• By the end of the kids rant, Emery had a terrible headache and lost all patience. She grabs the collar of his shirt, arm raised threateningly - if he speaks again, she intends to make him shut up. "Are you crazy? The police are going to blame us, genius."

A bunch of teenagers beating up the Professor and destroying the Lab would be so easy to pass the blame onto. And Emery didn't fancy having a reunion with the station so soon. Not that they were even going to bother investigating such a ridiculous claim in the first place.

The Professor was in terrible condition, on the verge of death and Emery wasn't going to be caught at the scene.

She shoves the kid back, grabs her fallen Holodex and makes for the door. "If any of you had sense, you would leave too." Emery exits the lab and bumps into a kid just entering. She gives him a pitiful look and leaves with every intention of starting her journey.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

• 4KYk8wb.jpg

Name: Alex Hunt

Alex watched the conflict between Ryan and Emery. He wondered if she should have been the ice type and not him. If they were going to have to work together in the future, they all needed to learn how to talk to one another without a fiery confrontation.

"Don't worry man. Even though she is a fire type, she is cold as hell. You'd think she would be the Ice type with how cold hearted she is. She doesn't care about anyone, but herself apparently." Alex said to Ryan, keeping the fountain thing a secrete for now.

He knew that she was definitely cold hearted. And he knew that there was a possible soft spot that he could dig at based off what she had said to him earlier. She stole coins from a freaking fountain. He was curious to why she was like that. And at all possible, possibly help her. But it also may make it worse. He didn't won't to make her hated by the others. There rivalry might be fairly electrifying, but maybe it will balance out in time.

"Oh my! I'm sorry I'm late! What happened?" A new voice came.

"WHAT THE HELL DOES IT LOOK LIKE! And who the hell are you!?" Alex snapped at the idiot at the door who seemed to be dumb enough to not understand what had happened.

Before anything else was said, the dark haired female came over to him. He had yet to talk to her, but he remembered her name being Versai.

"What kind of pain is it?" She asked, gesturing to his side. "Dull and consistent, or stabbing and sudden?"

Alex closed his eyes for a moment, to try to feel the type of pain.

"Dull and consistent I think miss. You are Versai right? Thank you for checking. It was a burn to the side, but most of it has went away. I am apparently an ice type with water veil, so the ability reduces a ton of the pain... but I can still feel it. I guess I am weak." He said, opening his eyes to look at hers.

He wanted to go after Emery and challenge her to a battle or rivalry, but he would probably fall going after her. He wouldn't let her get too far though.

Last edited:

LinearAxel

Years

tumblr_nrmqm6AHdP1unmg1mo1_500.gif

V_zpszb0ugcsc.gif
    With each word Ryan spoke, Versai felt he was digging them a deeper and deeper grave. Did he not understand how grave of a situation they were in? If this was something the police could handle, or even believe, help would have been here when they arrived. At least…they don't sound like they're showing up. There's no way to explain this, not in a way the police would believe…not in a way that they would appear innocent.

Versai draws in a heavy breath as Emmery makes her way to the door. She shouldn't be leaving, they can't afford to split up right now. There are people after them…people that want to kill them. As a group they seem to be somewhat capable, but alone, with powers and abilities they don't understand…Emmery won't last long.

Unfortunately, the fiery girl is out the door before Versai can attempt to reason with her, and going after her means leaving Alex and the professor. The professor…who is their only hope of even beginning to understand their current situation. They have to keep him alive.
    "Please be careful." She mumbles to the door Emmery just walked out of.

A burn? Thank goodness, that's much easier to fix than cracked ribs. Versai puts on a very small smile as Alex speaks. "I have some medicine in my bag. Don't move." Her bag had been forgotten at the doorway to the room when Brian first told them what they were. She leaves Alex just long enough to grab it, and then returns to him—seems she has too much going on in her mind to notice the newcomer.

"Here." She speaks as she removes a small vile of ointment from her bag. In preparation for her possible journey she stocked up on a great deal of medicine—for both people and Pokémon. An encounter with an angry fire or electric type could easily lead to the charred skin of a trainer, which sounded…terribly unpleasant. She twists the top off and places the vile in Alex's hand.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

• 4KYk8wb.jpg

Name: Alex Hunt

Alex heard Versai mumble under her breath, obviously referring to Emery. He looked down in thought. He has been curious of that girl, even weary. Now he couldn't stand watching her walk away. Was it because he was Ice and she was Fire? Isn't that what had happened with Shadow and Arryn as well? He felt the same worry that Versai did.

When she returned with the ointment, he smiled. It was nice to have someone like this is the group of a bunch of immature kids.... ok maybe not all of them.

"Thank you." He could Versai, giving her a quick hug.

"I will get Emery. It may take a few times, but I will try my best to keep her safe. She is hard headed and cold, but something.... something about her... makes me want to help her. As long as I am still living, I will try, to bring her to the light side. We can't do whatever is ahead of us alone." He said silently to Versai.

He stood up, feeling the pain numbing a little.

"Take care of Brian. I think Myra went to get a Pecha berry. I am sure Garett will go with her. As soon as they return, everyone should leave. I am sure we will meet up again. If anyone wants to travel with me, then I am happy to accept. I think Brian will be ok, but a Pecha will help. If he got his training from Shadow. I know he will be fine." Alex said, as he started to head out of the door.

Now the question was, was he doing it for the sake of everyone's survival, or does he truly only want to use them so that he can survive?

Last edited:
    Years

• Ryan Anders

One of the girls, Emery, apparently wasn't in a good mood. She had grabbed Ryan by the collar, threatening to punch him if he didn't stop talking. "Are you crazy? The police are going to blame us, genius." She shoved him back, heading for the door. "Sorry..." Ryan mumbled, nervously fixing his shirt.

He was mildly surprised when one of the guys, Alex, came over to him. "Don't worry man... She doesn't care about anyone but herself, apparently." Ryan frowned at the thought, looking back at the Professor. "Go easy on her. We've all been through some stress. Maybe she just processes differently."

Another new arrival showed up, surprising everyone. "Oh my! I'm sorry I'm late! What happened?" Alex snapped at the guy, but was distracted when another girl, Versai, came to check on his injury. Ryan took the time to approach the new guy. "It's a bit of a long story, but I'll try to explain..."

"Apparently the Professor is actually a Hybrid, and everyone he sent a letter to is as well. Not a true Hybrid, but something else, something new. Before he could explain, we were attacked by these men and women in black currently unconscious on the floor. Thankfully, he gave us Pokemon, and between them and a frankly embarrassing attempt at harnessing our powers, we overcame the obstacles and emerged victorious. But some of us were hurt, most severely the Professor, since he fought an actual Hybrid while we held off the jobbers. Everyone's pitching in to help, but when I called the police, they hung up. As soon as the Professor is well enough to move, we should probably get out of here. But first, I suggest you take a HoloDex and a Pokeball and find yourself a partner Pokemon. Our journey just got a lot harder!"

shatteredxfrost

Years
  • After stopping briefly by the PokeCenter to heal her weakened Eevee, Emery sets off with her Pokemon beside her to Route 2.

'The fact that you're all a new breed of half Pokemon freaks is what I'm trying to tell you!'

Not Hybrids then, but a new breed... Emery thinks back on Professor Brian's words. Freaks. She smiles - a freak with Pokemon abilities, hers being Fire. Was there really a downfall to this? Sure, some team of lunatics were after them but when she figures out how to use her abilities, is there much to worry about?

She walks further into Route 2 and stops at a tree, curious.

"Let's give this a shot." Emery focuses on an almost dead limb and outstretches her arm, focusing hard on her palm... and nothing happens. She sighs, tries again - with the same outcome. "Dammit, how do I do this?"

For a second, she wants to go back to the Lab and wait for Professor Brian to be in well enough shape so she can interrogate him - but she remembers what that loud mouth did and it's no longer worth it. We'll be blamed, arrested and I won't ever find out how to use my powers.

"Come on," Emery speaks to her Eevee. "Let's go to Santalune Forest."

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years

• Garett Temero
    Myra Rose​

Garett looked to the door as he heard someone walking outside. "So far I haven't see anybody" He said as he stood up. Garett glanced to his left as Meric hopped off his head and onto his shoulder.

"Honestly, I think it's pointless to look for berries for the professor. At this point he's either dead or he'll be dead by the time we get back" Garett said, looking back at Myra. "However, if you still wanted to head into the forest then I have no problem going with you. Traveling alone probably isn't a good idea after that last attack."

Myra looked over at Garett and smiled a little.

"Okay thank you so much." she said starting to walk over to the forrest. She looked back up over at him and smiled at Rufflett.

"He is so cute." She said getting on her tip toes and petting rufflets hair.

"Hi there little guy..."

Garett smiled back as he started walking along side Myra. "No problem."

Meric happily chirped as Myra pet him. Oh so you'll attack me, but anybody else that isn't your trainer doesn't get attacked? "So why do you think those people attacked us anyway?"

"I'm not too sure... I dont think they were attacking us... I think that woman. Flora. She was attacking Brian..."

"Hmm. I guess you're right. But at some point we will be their targets. And now that it turns out we're freaks like Flora and Brian, other humans will probably attack us too." Garett's face formed a serious expression as his speech slowly faded into silence. Does this put other people that know us in danger as well?

"That's true... Dont say it like that... We are like superheroes not freaks..." she said watching his face change to serious. He slowly became very quiet and Myra didn't say anything. She just let him think.

Garett stared down at his hands as he walked. There's nothing super about us. We're just lab rattattas. Even the professor said we were freaks. Garett looked at Myra then Meric. And who knows how long before whoever turned us into these freaks will be back to collect their experiments.

Myra stayed quiet since it looked like Garett was still thinking. She was curious but she decided to ask him a different question. "So Garett. Tell me about yourself." she said and looked over at him. She wanted to know about him. He seemed so interesting.

"Not much to say. I've lived in Vaniville with my aunt and uncle for the past fourteen years. I've always had an interest in the outdoors and exploring so the opportunity to finally leave was nice. Never really had many friends, something about being poor makes people want to stay away from you." Garett laughed. "Honestly, aside from my aunt, you're probably the first person I've talked to in a long time. What about you?"

Myra listened to him and nodded her head listening to all he had to say. The word poor stuck out to her for some reason. What he said was true, being poor didn't make you many friends but being rich didnt either. And when it did it wasnt for the right reasons.

"That's not bad. A simple life is good too. Well uh. I lived in Vaniville for most of my life. I was born in Lumiose city but my parents moved us to give us a better childhood... So we moved and my parents built us a huge house on the hill. The huge white house with the golden gates. Yeah thats my house. I lived the charmed life." she said with a small smile. That was the life story she would give everyone, even if it wasn't the real story.

"So you are the girl from that big house. I thought you looked familiar" Garett looked up as he saw a flock Fletchling fly overhead. "One of these days I'd like to have a house like that. At the very least, the prize money from winning the league should be enough to support my family for a while, even if we're still in the same place" Although I'm not too sure I'll have a shot anymore, now that I'm a freak.

"Yep, Im the girl from the big house." She said giggling a bit. So thats how she was known.

"Yeah? Your family? Do you mean like your aunt and uncle or do you want to like.. start a family? And league?" she asked looking down at her beautiful shoes.

"I never gave starting a family much thought. But my uncle has been working out of town most of my life, so it would be nice to get enough money so he wouldn't have to work anymore." Garett looked back at Myra. "And yeah, the Kalos league. Ever since I was a kid I dreamed of becoming the champion. Now that I have a pokemon I think I can finally do it. I could be the very best, like no one ever was."

"Really? I always thought about starting a family. Since I was little..." she said smiling softly and thinking about when she was a girl. She always thought that she would get married and have little kiddos, dress them in little pokemon clothes.

"That's sweet. That was my other dream. I'm gonna do it too.... Maybe I'll beat you to it." she said giggling a little at the thought. She got so lost in conversation that she didnt realize they were already in the forest.

Once the two trainers got to the forest Garett stopped and looked around at the trees. "So what does a pecha tree look like anyway?"

"Let's see. The Pecha tree...Well it has green leaves and pink berries. They are very sweet and tend to grow near the top so I might need a boost."

Garett looked up as Myra described pecha trees. "Like that?" He said pointing straight up.

Myra looked up at the top of the tree and smiled. "Yes! Can I get on your shoulders...?"

"Uh, sure". Garett knelt down and Meric flew off into one of the trees.

Myra slowly got on to Garett's shoulders. She was in a skirt so it was a little uncomfortable but she pulled three pecha berries from the tree. "Okay. Thank you." she said softly waiting for him to get back down so she could get off of him.

Garett knelt back down as Meric returned with a couple more berries in his talons. "Five berries should be good right?"

"Yeah thats perfect." she said with a small smile. "Do you want to carry me back? Like Tepiggy back?" she asked getting tired of walking. Sure her flats were cute but they werent comfortable.

"Umm." Garett looked back the way they came then back to Myra. "I guess I could. It's not too far of a walk." Garett looked at Meric, "Looks like you're flying back buddy." Meric angrily pecked Garett's arm flew off toward the town. "Ow!"

Myra clapped her hands and giggled, she loved getting her way. Which is something that she almost always did get. "Thank you! And it looks like someones a little jealous." she said smiling. She hopped onto his back and wrapped her legs around Garett's waist. She put her head onto his shoulder and closed her eyes as they walked.

"I'm not too heavy am I?"

"No you're fine. But just so you know, I don't do this for everybody... And this isn't going to be a regular thing". First I hug someone I don't know and now I'm giving her a tepiggy back ride? What is going on?

"Okay... But I think it should be. I mean. My feet get very tired... And you're so strong... It's the gentlemanly thing to do. Besides.. How about I send like 100 bucks to your aunt every ride?" she said tossing her golden locks. That was how she dealt with every problem, throw some money at anything and it will go away.

Garett laughed. "Thanks for the compliment. But no amount of money is going to make me carry the weight of two people, plus their gear, across an entire region. Assuming you hang around me that long."

Myra pouted a little, her lips going out and her eyebrows going down. She hated not getting her way. "What if i lose ten pounds and have someone else carry my gear? And it wont be all the time... Just when my feet get tired." she said with a small smile. If he wouldnt do it, then maybe someone else would.

"If you could convince someone to follow us for the sole purpose of carrying our gear, then maybe." Garett laughed again, "Besides, my feet will probably get tired too. Are you going to carry me?"

"I can barely carry my backpack. But whatever. I guess one of the other guys can carry me." She said simply and saw the Lab up ahead. "Oh theres the lab." she said hopping off of Garett's back and kissing his cheek. "Thanks for the lift." she said friendly and ran inside with the berries.

Garett stood and watched Myra run into the lab then looked at Meric. "Should we stay and wait or go ahead and leave?" Meric landed and Garett's shoulder and motioned for the lab door. "Ok then.

Waiting it is." Garett walked inside and looked at the group of trainers.

Contributors: ElBurrito as Garett and Zatanna as Myra

Last edited:

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years

• --Tyre's Data--​
    Spoiler:

Tyre

So, Drama seemed to be surrounding everyone but Tyre.

Ryan called the police. Stupid. Emery left because she didn't want to risk getting caught. Coward. For some reason, Alex felt the need to go after her. Idiot. After that, Versai went to go chase after both of them and settle everything. Meaningless.

Nobody was using their damn head. We all battled a few grunt... A Few. We barely managed at that. Now when they retreat, they choose to put themselves at a disadvantage by potentially isolating themselves and making it easier for Team whatever to jump them. All because this snitch (Ryan) wants to call the cops. As if the cops will show up to a place like this anyway. Who would believe that a laboratory owner is a Hybrid and he's been knocked out by a couple of grunts.

"Unbelievable."

Everyone's emotions has blocked they're judgment. These are the people I'm supposed to travel with? Aha... No thanks. These People aren't compatible with me and never will be, so there's no sense in hanging out with them.

Seconds later, the Lab doors burst opened with Myra dragging Garett along. Myra thankfully did her job and collected the Pecha berries, but all she did was dump them on the Unconscious professor and ran after Versai... What?? What was the point of gathering berries if you weren't going to do anything with them? And Garett allows himself to be that broad's entertainment.

Everyone selected to receive a companion Pokemon is Weak. I don't want any ties with these brainless animals. Actually, Let me go search for that Poochyena those guys earlier were talking about. It might still be on route 2.

Tyre took 1 Pecha berry off of the Professors chest and glanced at Ryan. That glance was enough to signal him to stay put and not do anything stupid. Again...

Tyre left the Laboratory. Once exited, He walked to Route 2. He heard a few grunts, but he was positive that his lack of presence wouldn't catch the attention of ANYONE out there. Soon, he left the city and wandered route 2. No signs of a Poochyena. Tyre soon got hungry and took a bite of the Pecha berry he bought with him.

"... Disgusting."

He cringed and dropped the rest on the ground for it to be eaten by any wild Pokemon stalking him. After he wiped his hands, he continued wandering around aimlessly, hoping to spot the Poochyena but to no avail. He sighed, and thought he should head back to the lab.

On my way back, I heard a bit of rustling coming from the area I had just been in. When I went to go check it out, There it was. The Adorable dark little pup, munching on the remaining Pecha berry I had left on the ground. Once it finished devouring it's food, it turned to me, tilting it's head.
    After of few seconds of me staring at it and it staring at me, it slowly walked towards me. I stuck out my hand, not knowing what to say, but once I did, It bared it's sharp fangs and attempted to bite off my hand. Luckily for me, my reflexes were fast enough to avoid it.

It then barked at me and growled, angry that I had dodged it's innocent yet menacing bite.

"Shhh! Calm down..." I said, not wanting to attract any attention but it seemed to get louder.

Looking at the Pokemon, I sighed before sticking my hand out, eagerly wanting to shut it up, and with great force, and chomped on my hand. Instantly, I punched it with my other hand, without knowing it and within a few short seconds, I knocked out the Pokemon I wanted.

"... Shoot... I uh.. Didn't mean to do that..." I spoke, kinda guilty. "Well... I'll just feed you, to make up for it." Tyre spoke, rubbing it's head and tapping it with a Pokeball.

After the ball shook a couple of times, it clicked, signalling me that I have caught the Poochyena.

Tyre looked at his hand, only to find it bleeding and a distinct bite mark on his hand.
    "... Time to head back to the lab..."

Back