• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] "Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened a bunch today, I found out Walmart had Shining Legends elite trainer boxes on sale for $34.24 online so I went to Toys r Us and price matched, literally got it for 35 dollars off...
I went to Target and got one for about 15 dollars off.

The Target was ok, only good pull was a Shining Rayquaza which was one I needed.
The TRU one was great, Rainbow rare Zoroark, Full art Entei and an Entei Gx, the full arts were ones I needed.

Target also had one Zoroark Gx box with the full art and jumbo card left, on sale for 24.99, it had the Mewtwo Secret rare in it plus an Entei Gx... Today I pulled 4 new ultra rares/shinings.

On top of that Walmart had Kingdra and Bewear boxes for $13.98, I opened 2 today will open 2 later and pulled the rainbow rare Kommo-o Gx and a Turtonator Gx...

After getting 3 shinies yesterday including 1 in Pokemon Go and 2 at the same time in 2 games, then today. I should buy a lottery ticket. I also bought 4 random Minecraft mystery boxes and got the one figure I needed from the entire set in the first box....

Last edited:
Years
I opened a bunch today, I found out Walmart had Shining Legends elite trainer boxes on sale for $34.24 online so I went to Toys r Us and price matched, literally got it for 35 dollars off...
I went to Target and got one for about 15 dollars off.

The Target was ok, only good pull was a Shining Rayquaza which was one I needed.
The TRU one was great, Rainbow rare Zoroark, Full art Entei and an Entei Gx, the full arts were ones I needed.

Target also had one Zoroark Gx box with the full art and jumbo card left, on sale for 24.99, it had the Mewtwo Secret rare in it plus an Entei Gx... Today I pulled 4 new ultra rares/shinings.

On top of that Walmart had Kingdra and Bewear boxes for $13.98, I opened 2 today will open 2 later and pulled the rainbow rare Kommo-o Gx and a Turtonator Gx...

After getting 3 shinies yesterday including 1 in Pokemon Go and 2 at the same time in 2 games, then today. I should buy a lottery ticket. I also bought 4 random Minecraft mystery boxes and got the one figure I needed from the entire set in the first box....

I think that's a fantastic run of pulls man. Should totally buy that lottery ticket.

Anyway, just a Burning Shadows TCGO pack for me. Rare was Persian, reverse was Crabrawler, and there was a normal Plumeria also in the pack.

Could have been better!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
That's pretty good for a haul. I just started collecting Pokemon cards myself, and in my first Trainer Box Set I got a Shining Ultra Rare Zoroark. Not much else worth of value in there, but the Zoroark is an awesome start.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
More crazy luck today I got a Mewtwo Shining Legends box and got a Zekrom reverse.

I also got Kingdra Ex box and got Glaceon Full Art. I opened 5 Sun and Moon packs, I pulled 2 from the front and 3 from the back of about 15 packs at Walmart, got a Lapras Hyper Rare, Solgaleo Gx and Lunala Gx. I also bought a Burning Shadows 3 pack and got a full art Tapu Fini.

I also got a Litwick plush, one of my local Walmarts had the new Christmas plushes which included Pikachu with a Santa hat, Delibird and Cubchoo. Wish they would have made a Stantler I definitely would buy a Stantler plush.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
I got my shipment which included the Destruction Fang theme deck and 16 boosters, plus a 3-booster blister pack.

I played the deck against my dad's modified theme deck from Guardian's Rising (I forget what it's called but it is Steel and Psychic type). It played pretty well, but my dad is a Poke-newbie so that may have had something to do with it.

I opened two of the boosters and didn't pull anything significant. I have some cataloging to do before I open any more.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I much rather have that Sharpedo over the Oricorio Pompom I pulled last night. Luckily there were some really generous people out there. They gave me 2 Machamps from Guardians Rising, a blister promo Lucario, 3 Vileplumes among some other cards. =O

Years
I much rather have that Sharpedo over the Oricorio Pompom I pulled last night. Luckily there were some really generous people out there. They gave me 2 Machamps from Guardians Rising, a blister promo Lucario, 3 Vileplumes among some other cards. =O

I mean, if you ban EXs and GXs from a single tournament, that Oricorio could be good for some fun antics.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I mean, if you ban EXs and GXs from a single tournament, that Oricorio could be good for some fun antics.
Doubt the guys around here will never do that=/ the first thing I kept hearing was, yeah you should get this and this gx/ex. Truth be told I'm never going to buy single cards =/

But yeah, Its a pretty fun card XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened a Shining Legends etb and got an Entei Gx and another Shining Jirachi. Also my 4 holo metal energy and second psychic holo energy.

I also opened a Crimson Invasion etb, my first etb of the set and have only opened the 3 pack blisters before. I pulled my first ultra rare from the set. Not surpringly it was the Counter Catcher secret rare. I tend to have secret rares be in the first 5 ultra rares I pull from a set.

Years
I opened a pair of Ash Hat Pikachu 3 packs today. Got every Ash Hat Pikachu that you can get from these 3 packs except for the Sun & Moon Pikachu between the two of them. Got duplicates of Kanto/Johto Ash Hat Pikachu, too. Also need the movie promo Ash Hat Pikachu to complete the set.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
Opened a few more Pokemon Crimson Invasion boosters last night. Pulled a full-art Alolan Exeggutor GX and a full-art Gladion!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Never heard of Ash hat Pikachu cards.

Anyways today I opened 2 Sun and Moon 3 packs I found at Target. They had both Litten and Togedemaru. They were 9.99. Pulled an Incineroar Gx in one and the gold Metal energy and a Dragonite holo in the other.

I also opened the galaxy holofoil promos of the Johto beasts bliser. Nothing in that.

Years
Opened a Crimson Invasion ETB today.

Pack 1: Regice, Peeking Red Card
Pack 2: reverse holo Oranguru, Counter Catcher, Alolan Golem EX
Pack 3: reverse holo Gogoat, Starmie, Peeking Red Card
Pack 4: Lusamine, Full Art Gladion
Pack 5: Registeel, Psychic Memory, Dashing Pouch
Pack 6: reverse holo Starmie, Mamoswine
Pack 7: Beedrill, Peeking Red Card
Pack 8: Gyarados GX

Overall not bad for rares.

Never heard of Ash hat Pikachu cards.

Anyways today I opened 2 Sun and Moon 3 packs I found at Target. They had both Litten and Togedemaru. They were 9.99. Pulled an Incineroar Gx in one and the gold Metal energy and a Dragonite holo in the other.

I also opened the galaxy holofoil promos of the Johto beasts bliser. Nothing in that.

Ash Hat Pikachu are basically this: https://www.pokemoncenter.com/ashspikachu

and this: https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/a-new-movie-and-a-new-pikachu-for-you/

Nice pulls in the $10 blisters.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Got some tins for the Black Friday sale, overall glad I didn't buy these full price.

My first gripe is why is Evolutions in every tin? You tend to have 1 pull out of each tin and I think most of my tins had the 1 pull be from Evolutions. I actually have pulled 3 Starmie Break. The newest tins should have had 2 Burning Shadows, 1 Guardians and 1 Sun and Moon, but they cut out Sun and Moon for Evolutions. Hopefully the next tins cut out Evolutions.

I know a pull is a pull but for some reasons Evolutions feels like a promo set like Legendary Treasures. The ultras are easier to pull and not really worth anything.

That being said the Sun and Moon packs were dismal, if I pulled anything it was a holo. 1 tin in 8 tins had an gx from Sun and Moon. If you want GX's I'd suggest buying etbs or 3 pack blisters or even single pack blisters.

Target probably had this sale to get rid of tins sitting around since the other products have better pull rates then them and no one is buying them until me. As said the tins are not worth full price which is why I waited for Black Friday. I have watched people open lots of these tins and pull rates seem to be 1 full art per 35 tins.

I opened 8 tins and have pulled 1 Brock's Frit Full Art, I think I have 5 of these now, 3 Starmie Break, 1 Nidoking Break, a Venusaur Ex, a Turtonator Gx, Darkrai Gx, 4 holos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back