• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which difficulties do you play games at?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
  • Just interested in what people have been doing. Do you play a game just for the story? Do you not mind staying at the lower difficulties and still enjoying yourself? Or do you appreciate the challenge of a harder difficulty, or even the masochism of a secret hard mode? Post what you do!

I usually like intermediate difficulties, not too easy, not too hard. I only play the hardest when it unlocks something in the game, or when I can manage it just fine.

Years
  • I always pick normal/intermediate as well. I'm a casual gamer, though without any challenge I find playing games pointless.

Sinjuda

Newbie Breeder
    Years
  • Normal usually... Then I found out about dark souls and its been hard mode all the way since.

Story always comes before gameplay for me also

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I find it to be quite frustrating when games get difficult. For that reason, I always play on the easy mode. If I've already played the game and am looking for a bit of a challenge, then I'll play on medium. As for hard mode, I never play, ever play games on hard. The last time I've played a game on hard difficulty was about six years ago; the game was Super Smash Brothers Melee. I was going up against Captain Falcon one-on-one, and… it was nearly impossible for me to even touch him. xD" Every time I tried to land an attack on him, he would dodge pretty easily by either jumping or running away. Not only that, but he also utilized his moves pretty powerfully. With one Falcon Punch, he was able to have me thrown from one corner of the stage to the other in an instant. Regardless of what I did, I simply couldn't defeat him. I eventually had to forfeit the match. d: If I had a bit more skill, then maybe I could've beaten him. Just maybe.

Last edited:

TY

Normal/Hard the first time, and then i switch to Brutal for the achievements

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • I usually start on the hardest difficulty and turn it down if I find it too difficult. I like a challenge though, so more often than not I stick with the difficulty I started with.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • most of the times right smack in the middle is what I usually play a game on. Not too hard but not too tough. Though their are some games I can handle the hard mode.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I play on Normal and once I beat it a few times, should I feel confident enough, I'll try it on it's hardest difficulty.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Usually on my main playthroughs, I go for the Normal difficulty. Not too hard, not too easy. Though, when I'm finish, I am a guy that likes to challenge himself, so, I'd like to play on higher difficulties on my second playthrough!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I usually play on Normal in my first play through unless normal is too easy then I'll switch to hard.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I find increasingly that hard tends to suit me, but my go-to 'until proven otherwise' is normal.

Years
  • In the past couple of years I've tended to start things on Hard mode when there's an option; occasionally Easy mode restricts things from the player (eg. they may not be able to collect certain items), and since I don't enjoy missing out on things I tend to play on Hard these days.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I always play and beat games on normal first. It gives the most realistic gaming experience because everything is balanced. Everything gets gradually more difficult, but it is still beatable without getting to crazy. After I beat a game on normal I only play it again on a harder difficulty if it unlocks something, but I tend to lose interest when doing this if it is too difficult.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • I usually play on Normal, as it provides a challenge without being super hyper cray cray mode.

Nakala Pri

If it's my first time, Normal Mode, but if I wanna spice it up a little, I'll go full on gangsta and smash in 'A' on Hard Mode, babeh! >:D

I'm hyper. xD

Back