• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I like the style of Sin City.

Never could get into Hunger Games though, because my one and only fight-to-the-death love is Battle Royale. I love that book an excessive amount, so for me I would automatically have to compare the two and Hunger Games wouldn't come out favorably sooo I just didn't bother haha.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I wanted to read The Hunger Games after the hype got to me, about a month before the movie came out. I think that was the first fandom that I got into because of hype and all the good things people were saying about it. As for me? I liked The Hunger Games. I found it to be incredibly fascinating, because it plays on things that we enjoy watching today and where our society can go. I thought it was written well (not technically speaking; technically speaking, her writing is terrible) enough to let you truly immerse yourself in the world.

I'm a massive fan of The Huner Games series. I'm especially excited for the second movie to be released, since the second novel it was based around was my favourtie out of the trio of books. Aaah, I remember the days where I wouldn't stop talking about the concept of it all, I suppose my ethusiasm for it has died down a bit - which is probably natural - but it'll definitely be re-sparked when the new film is released. I've read all the novels, and they're very good, imo! A must for anyone! :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I never actually read/saw the Hunger Games, but the idea sounds really interesting and all the fandom seems pretty justified based on what I've heard. I guess I'll give it a try soon :D

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I read the Hunger Games series last year and I REALLY liked the first book. The second book was great too. By the time that I got to the third book...I was really tired of the story and I barely got through it. Over all though I'd definitely some solid YA SciFi.

Years
Someone mentioned Ender's Game. Don't read Ender's Game. You'll feel conflicted and disappointed when you learn anything about the author.

I had trouble reading The Hunger Games. Well, I mean the sequels. Especially the last book which I didn't enjoy much at all. It had Last-Book-In-A-Series-Syndrome where the story has run out of steam (and other stuff which I'll avoid saying 'cuz of spoilers). Happened with Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. Those last books aren't much fun to read.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Orson Scott Card's personal belief's are upsetting and disappointing, but It's not going to stop me from reading his books. I havn't noticed those views leaking into his novels so I'll still keep reading as long as he keeps writing. Hes approaching 10+ books in the Ender series now and they are all great.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I read the Hunger Games series last year and I REALLY liked the first book. The second book was great too. By the time that I got to the third book...I was really tired of the story and I barely got through it. Over all though I'd definitely some solid YA SciFi.
The second book was my favorite. Granted, I didn't read the third book yet, but I found the second book to be miles better than the first one.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
The second book was my favorite. Granted, I didn't read the third book yet, but I found the second book to be miles better than the first one.
They're all great. I'm reading a prequel book right now called Earth Unaware and it takes place years before Ender is born during the First Formic War. Very good so far!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Never read Ender's Game. Im told it's very good though. I have read all three Hunger Games books, I really enjoyed the first and second one, but the third one, Mockingjay, not so much.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Sin City is pretty great, definitely worth a watch if you get time :3 Why "awkward" though? xD

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Yeah I'm not really getting how it's awkward either...

It's a very stylized movie, so keep that in mind before you watch it. Its mostly all in black/white with hints of color which I thought was cool. Kind of a neo-noir.

Edit: Larger DDC icon Audy was hiding from us?!
dcc2.png

Last edited:

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
I don't see how Sin City is awkward, either. XD; I didn't particularly like it myself. But awkward?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Anyway...

I've been re-watching the new Battlestar Galactica tv series lately...anyone else a fan?
Definitely in my top five favorite tv shows!

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
I used to watch it a long time ago. Don't really remember much about it. I only watched it because my brother was really into it. I was more into Stargate SG-1 at the time.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I like Stargate too, but not nearly as much as BSG. I've seen a lot of the episodes from earlier seasons from when SG1 aired on Showtime, but not really any from when it aired on The Sci-Fi Channel. I also watched a bit of Stargate Universe and really enjoyed that...it actually reminded me a bit of BSG!

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Universe is pretty cool. Not nearly as good as SG-1, though. :O You're making me want to watch them again. -.- or BSG. I need to get into some kind of tv show.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
BSG is one of those types of shows that just sucks you in right from the beginning. Go and watch the miniseries. Its about 2 and a half hours long and it will make you want to watch the entire thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back