• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Me too!! I am happy I found another fan! I have all the books back in my room in Canada <3 :333 Have you read any of the sequels or other works? I haven't yet :c

I've read all of the Demonata series, and honestly, you should too. They're better then The Saga, imo. I also read two of the four Saga of Larten Crepsley books, those are okay, provide a nice back story to Larten. Kinda depressing, though. D=

Oh, vampires and vampaneze. Can't forget the purple blood suckers.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
If we're talking about books. I am seriously excited for the new sequel to The Shining that Stephen King just announced a release date for. The Shining was one of my favorite books that I read in high school and so I'm definitely psyched for this sequel.

Honest

Hi!
Years
You know what was a good book? Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. Insanely captivating, it's about a kid who goes on trial for shooting up his school.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I seriously dislike Jodi Picoult's themes. She is a great writer (I loved her run on the Wonder Woman comic!), but I just don't like what she writes about. It's dramatic to be dramatic I feel like. I just didn't really enjoy the books I tried to read by her.

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Honestly, I'm not a big reader. =\ At least not of fiction. I've got loads of theological and mythological books, but it's for my own hobbies. I read The Hunger games. They're alright.. LOTR was pretty good. Though, I did enjoy the movies a lot more. =P

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I was not a fan of Percy Jackson. I saw the movie and liked it so I read the first book. I was not impressed at all. Didn't even bother reading more of them. But Harry Potter, LOTR, Hunger Games, Enders Game, etc. Love those kind of books....even if some of them can be extremely juvenile.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Havent read Percy Jackson, but love Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. I will have to try reading LOTR at some point.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
LOTR and The Hobbit is one of those MUST READ classics if you like fantasy novels. Just like Enders Game is a must if you love Sci Fi. It's the classics yo.

I don't know why I just typed "yo". I promise to never do it again. EVER.

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
I don't know why I just typed "yo". I promise to never do it again. EVER.
Yeah.. don't do that. o_O hahaha.

I've heard great things about 50 Shades of Grey, anyone else?

Also, does anyone else get annoyed with the way popularizing things work? Like, The Hunger games. It's really not all that great. Though good; not great. But sooo many people FREAK over it. It's stupid and annoying.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
50 Shades of Grey is Twilight fan fiction erotica that was repurposed into a novel....so no...I haven't heard good things about it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Yeah.. don't do that. o_O hahaha.

I've heard great things about 50 Shades of Grey, anyone else?

Also, does anyone else get annoyed with the way popularizing things work? Like, The Hunger games. It's really not all that great. Though good; not great. But sooo many people FREAK over it. It's stupid and annoying.
Whereas, freaking out over the wonderfully talented Lights is perfectly appropriate and rational!

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Whereas, freaking out over the wonderfully talented Lights is perfectly appropriate and rational!
A) Of course it is, Lights is amazing.

B) I think that these fads take on a life of their own and I hate when people jump onto a bandwagon (Twilight, Hunger Games, 50 Shades of Grey) not because they are interested, but just simple for the fact that people are talking about it to no end. I usually don't take interest in these types of fads unless a friend that I know has a reliable taste tells me to check something out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I wanted to read The Hunger Games after the hype got to me, about a month before the movie came out. I think that was the first fandom that I got into because of hype and all the good things people were saying about it. As for me? I liked The Hunger Games. I found it to be incredibly fascinating, because it plays on things that we enjoy watching today and where our society can go. I thought it was written well (not technically speaking; technically speaking, her writing is terrible) enough to let you truly immerse yourself in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back