• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon - 2Awesome Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

leews24

ha
Years
  • Thats all on purpose, he's referencing something. There a famous lets play of people playing a twice translated verson of pokemon crystal. "Wild Ekan jump out", "GO AWAY" when throwing out a pokemon. It's all tributes.

Well, here's the problem there:
    a game is not a walkthrough, and should not be written like one.
    furthermore a game should have proper grammar.
    To some people not familiar with the walkthrough due to the fact that the writer did not provide information on the subject it also may seem annoying.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, here's the problem there:
    a game is not a walkthrough, and should not be written like one.
    furthermore a game should have proper grammar.
    To some people not familiar with the walkthrough due to the fact that the writer did not provide information on the subject it also may seem annoying.

A real game, yes, should definitely have proper grammar. Even hackers should strive to have good grammar/spelling.

But we're not perfect, or pros, and especially when you make a game by yourself, things can be hard to notice. [/notcomplainingthoughitwasfuntomake]

Also, I updated the thread a bit to make it less ugly.

hinkage

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I was playing your game 2awesome version and i got out off the forest of illusion and i went into the pokemon center and healed and it like blocked me from leaving like a tile error any ideas?

WOW, HOW EMBARRASSING. REALLY.

When AdvanceMap (older non-2011 version) switches to the Events tab, it lags and moves Warps. But it's entirely my fault for not moving that.

This makes me look really, REALLY ******. >_> What a rookie mistake.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?peto22rdtt35cj3
    ...If you even still want this ****. >_<

I'm sorry, this makes me feel terrible.

Years
  • Yes it does, it's because you're going down a slope. If there were tiles to show water leaking down, I would have used them. But there aren't, so I couldn't. (And I'm terrible at drawing.) I think it looks neat.
    Um...waterfalls? Anyway I kinda think people are taking this too seriously. I admit it doesn't appeal to me as a fun hack in any shape or form, but I can understand that it's just a lighthearted messaround. I kind of think this should move to the Sideshow Showcase.

hinkage

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Um...waterfalls? Anyway I kinda think people are taking this too seriously. I admit it doesn't appeal to me as a fun hack in any shape or form, but I can understand that it's just a lighthearted messaround. I kind of think this should move to the Sideshow Showcase.

Um... I realize that? Too bad they're not the same. And wow, you're a douche. That post was just terrible. And LOL if you're really 13.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Um... I realize that? Too bad they're not the same. And wow, you're a douche. That post was just terrible. And LOL if you're really 13.
    Kid,you just messed with one really great hacker,he/she was actually being nice to you and yet you call he/she a douche?Nice call,your probably gonna be in huge trouble.And why laugh about age?I'm thirteen and I actually don't care what anyone thinks, and this hack really should be moved into the sideshow showcase

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Um... I realize that? Too bad they're not the same. And wow, you're a douche. That post was just terrible. And LOL if you're really 13.

Just because someone is 13 doesn't them a douche and a terrible poster and to be fair you should listen to what Spherical Ice has to say he's a really good hacker and from what I've seen with your hack you could use his advice.
    Everyone here is giving you criticism which is what you should expect when posting your hack on the internet. Insulting people doesn't really help, and I see the problem Spherical Ice is talking about the way you've mapped it that hole should have a waterfall going down it.
    The thing I mentioned earlier about overcrossing overworlds is I say the FR hero overworld. I'm not sure if it's still in the game because it was only in one screenshot, but Emerald's overworlds and Fire Red's overworlds use to different spriting styles and don't look well when put together, and there is the FR hero in emerald format on emerald anyway.

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
    Years
  • I played both of the awesome versons back before they even had threads and while it's highly unrefined i had hopes for it. But now it's just going down the drain.

hinkage

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    To defend my standpoint:

It doesn't matter how good you are. Coming in here and saying "it doesn't appeal to me as a fun hack in any shape or form" and then suggesting it's just some **** I made up and isn't a true hack... Pretty rude and douche-y. And I stand by that. You could have said it in a way that, you know, didn't troll me. Like "it's just not for me".

I do apologize for how I responded though, I should have messaged you rather than cause drama in this thread. And I also came off really douche-y. But I admit it, I'm a real jerk, or real nice. It's like I'm bipolar, only bipolar people don't admit they're bipolar.

As for the age thing, however, yes: 13 year-olds are inherently arrogant and snide. I never once said it made them make bad games/stories/etc., but it's a very usually true stereotype.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    To defend my standpoint:

It doesn't matter how good you are. Coming in here and saying "it doesn't appeal to me as a fun hack in any shape or form" and then suggesting it's just some **** I made up and isn't a true hack... Pretty rude and douche-y. And I stand by that. You could have said it in a way that, you know, didn't troll me. Like "it's just not for me".

I do apologize for how I responded though, I should have messaged you rather than cause drama in this thread. And I also came off really douche-y. But I admit it, I'm a real jerk, or real nice. It's like I'm bipolar, only bipolar people don't admit they're bipolar.

As for the age thing, however, yes: 13 year-olds are inherently arrogant and snide. I never once said it made them make bad games/stories/etc., but it's a very usually true stereotype.

Actually, bipolar people sometimes admit they have a problem. Then deny it as they admitted it.

But I kinda agree with what Spherical Ice said, but I read it differently than you did. It does look like it was made for you to enjoy making and playing, which is different than some of the hacks on here. But in a way some bits of it seem unappealing to me, it doesn't have that same feel as ones I do like (I do like a serious adventure with some lighthearted bits), it does have that dark element, but to me, some of it is just too... strange to me (that guy in the screenshots contemplating suicide... That's just not for me, but I wasn't a really huge Snakewood fans. Zombies aren't for Pokemon to me), but I can see why others do enjoy it.

I mean no offense in this, but you have fun making it, so you are kinda being lighthearted, that's how I read Spherical Ice's post. In fact, how I read Spherical Ices post is in a nice way, by the way, I suppose it is how you read it... I definitely fail to see him say it was't a real hack, but something you made for your enjoyment more.

I dunno really if I said what I wanted to say in a way that can be understood. I may have another try later when I can formulate sentences, but it'll do.

leews24

ha
    Years
  • Whoowhoawhoa.
    If your gonna insult 13yr olds, Im outta here,
    some ppl come to speak his opinion, and this insult?
    That is just rude man, rude
    You have no right what so ever over whats douchey and not, I think anyone who goes to school heard that line millions of times,
    But you did apoligize on tye point, thats good

But whoawhoawhoa, 13 yr olds are arrogant?
    I was 13 just months ago, this is just outta the world.
    Im done here. Bye folks.

hinkage

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Whoowhoawhoa.
    If your gonna insult 13yr olds, Im outta here,
    some ppl come to speak his opinion, and this insult?
    That is just rude man, rude
    You have no right what so ever over whats douchey and not, I think anyone who goes to school heard that line millions of times,
    But you did apoligize on tye point, thats good

But whoawhoawhoa, 13 yr olds are arrogant?
    I was 13 just months ago, this is just outta the world.
    Im done here. Bye folks.

Yes, they are. Teenagers are terrible abominations of nature, with uncoordinated bodies, uncontrollable hunger, AND ACNE ALL OVER THEIR FACE. But 11-13 year olds are either stupid, arrogant, or deprived because they live in the country.

Please notice I'm not excluding myself. Teenagers are just terrible people. Now get back on topic and talking about how my hack is awful.

Years
  • Another bout of off-topic posts, and this thread will be closed, forget moving it to the Sideshow Showcase.

EDIT: Actually, I'll be moving this to the Progressing Hacks forum- while it may be completed, it's just not quite at the standard of other hacks that have made the Hacks Showcase. A completed hack is something, but in terms of quality this hack is somewhat lacking, and I don't mean that in an insulting way, I just mean that this could have a bit more time spent on it before it is moved back to the Showcase.

So...
    -Moved-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Don't think so.

Yes, they are. Teenagers are terrible abominations of nature, with uncoordinated bodies, uncontrollable hunger, AND ACNE ALL OVER THEIR FACE. But 11-13 year olds are either stupid, arrogant, or deprived because they live in the country.

Please notice I'm not excluding myself. Teenagers are just terrible people. Now get back on topic and talking about how my hack is awful.

Um, I remember being 13, and I wasn't anything like that. In fact, at 13 my face was clean of zits and crap like that. Now, I'm 20, and it's A LOT worse, While I do (somewhat) agree with you that teenagers in general can be a bit immature, we all in some way, shape, or form have some sort of problem and yes, I guess they do eat a bit more, but only because they have a faster metabolism and should enjoy it while it lasts. Besides, I enjoyed my teenage years. I was pretty damn sexy then and had girls all over me. Now, It's hard to find someone that's not in a relation with someone or even engaged...
    By the way, I like your hack, but I don't think it's ready to be in the Hack Showcase.

hinkage

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    For people wondering, this game is fully completed, but I guess it isn't good enough for Hacks Showcase.

I might sound kinda angry while saying that, but I mean aren't hacks here supposed to be updated with big updates? I can't do that so this thread will easily die without new posts.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Damn, you're going to give up that easily?
    Oh, and if this is really the end of all this drama, than it's really the end. But before that, can I say something?

I will try your hack out, and who knows, I may like it. I'm someone who will try out anything I can play here, and judging by what I've read here, I'm actually eager to try it out.

One more thing, not all completed hacks are destined for the Showcase, or perfect(I'm looking at you Quartz). It depends on how consistent it is; gameplay, graphic, and story-wise. There some hacks that obviously finished yet, but they're fun to play because the people who make them painstakingly spend whatever time they have to make the hack as great as possible, even if it's just a Alpha or Beta release. Now, I'm not saying yours isn't, because I haven't played yours yet. However, what I'm detecting is your assumption is that since 2Awesome it's a full game, it qualifies for the hacks Showcase.

If you're going to respond to this; I'm all ears.

EDIT: Is this an ups. or ips file? I hope it's the latter...

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Another bout of off-topic posts, and this thread will be closed, forget moving it to the Sideshow Showcase.

EDIT: Actually, I'll be moving this to the Progressing Hacks forum- while it may be completed, it's just not quite at the standard of other hacks that have made the Hacks Showcase. A completed hack is something, but in terms of quality this hack is somewhat lacking, and I don't mean that in an insulting way, I just mean that this could have a bit more time spent on it before it is moved back to the Showcase.

So...
    -Moved-
    Um no offence, but moving a completed hack to "Progressing Hacks" pretty much contradicts how the section is named, "Progressing Hacks"... :/

-Some songs have corrupted instruments. Emerald does this. (At least in the 2011 version of Advancemap. WHICH IS BUGGY AS HELL SOMETIMES.) If I fixed the corrupted songs, it would overwrite other data that I changed. And the beeps are kind of funny to hear after a while. It's like the music is "special."
    -On that note, Sceptile's cry is known to have HORRIBLE SOUNDS which are practically the equivalent of white noise. But most anyone speeds up battles anyway.
    Actually, there are ways to prevent these problems, but you have to restart. Take a look at this...

Last edited:

hinkage

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Um no offence, but moving a completed hack to "Progressing Hacks" pretty much contradicts how the section is named, "Progressing Hacks"... :/

Actually, there are ways to prevent these problems, but you have to restart. Take a look at this...

1. That's what I said, but it's whatever, I guess.
    2. OH MY GOD I WISH I HAD SEEN THAT BEFORE! I definitely would have done that, and saved myself a lot of grief by not being able to use some songs that I wanted to/grinning and bearing it for others. But now that I'm all done, I've moved on -- I want to keep making harder and harder games. (For example I did FireRed, then Emerald, and next Gold.)

Years
  • I guess I might check this out sometime, since this is a completed ROM Hack it should be moved to the Hacks Showcase. The last completed Emerald ROM Hack I played was Pokemon Flora Sky. By the way Heart Gold and Soul Silver uses overworlds from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum like Camper and Picnicker so it shouldn't matter if the FR/LG and RSE overworlds and tilesets don't mix.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back