• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old School Mafia

Years
  • Would really like some reads from Sheep, Rainbow and Bidoof ofc...

As a brand new player I'm not quite confident enough yet to provide any interesting reads ):

Meanwhile from the thinking I've done today (been busy) and as someone who has no past experience seeing how others in this game have played Mafia before, Midnight Umbreon's votes strike me as a little odd because I couldn't understand the reasoning behind them. With that said...

[Vote] Midnight Umbreon

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    1. Why the townread on Umbreon?
    Honestly it's not a solid read, but this is my thought process:
    • He's been doing his own things without following others. On D1 he thought maybe SD's vote was not just a random vote.
    • Then he voted on SD but said it was a free vote.
    • He answered my comment about how experienced JD was with a comment about how based on the kill maybe mafia was not all new players.
    • On day two him and Fletch voted Omicron first thing with a similar comment.
    • At first I thought (conspiracy theory) maybe Fletch and Umbreon planned to kill who they thought may be the cop, then vote on the target, and when the target flipped mafia they would be more or less confirmed town.
    • This theory proved to be false from Fletch's flip and anyway, I wasn't sure Fletch was mafia anyway.
    • Umbreon had a similar thought-peocess to a now known Townie, so he may be a townie too.
    • Umbreon made the first move on D3.
    Like I said, not a solid read but I'm more inclined to think he's town than before.

2. Comment about killing the cop being a good play
    On hindsight I see how that comment could be taken the wrong way. What I meant was that killing a cop, in and on itself, is a good strategy, because a cop can confirm who is town and who isn't. So really when is leaving the cop alive a good play?? And it's more difficult to lynch them during the day because they can just prove who they are. But taking into account that mafia wasn't sure that SD was cop, then there were better plays, like someone who was more active than him. I'm still not sure because no one explained...? But anyway, someone can explain it to me after the game.

3. My votes on Corviknight
    He went for the easy kill and with a target that was being cooperative. He could have gone for any of the other random/grudge voters or for anyone else with another reason. He went inactive for a day and never gave an explanation (until now). Which I'm still not fully convinced about but ok.

A couple of my own questions:
    Umbreon. You keep saying that you think mafia members are mostly new players with maybe one good player helping. Do you have someone in mind that fits either criteria? And what's your opinion on Omicron?

Sheep and Ty if you had to say someone you think is more likely to be town who would you say and why?

Also
    [Unvote] Corviknight

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I get what your intention is with your comment, i think it was just worded a bit poorly. Happens.

As for your question, I think CB is more likely to be town than Umbreon right now. Even though he voted me to be lynched it has much more motives behind it than Umbreons.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Oh! I see... Gah. Facepalm. What I meant was with Fletch's comment that mafia was made entirely of new players I thought he was saying that going for the cop was a bad play for the mafia. So guess I misinterpreted and didn't make myself clear. I never meant that it was a good thing for us. Of course it's not.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • Tsk....

I'm the drunk. I used my n1 action on rainbow and n2 on Charlie brown. This will probably get me killed tonight if y'all dont today. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Years
  • Old School Mafia
    No fancy custom roles. No flavour or thematics. Nothing but pure mafia.

Game Over

Midnight Umbreon is dead. He was the Drunk.

Bidoof FTW is dead. He was a Villager.

The mafia of Corviknght, TY, Sheep and Omicron wins!

The Rules

1. All UG and PC rules apply.
    2. The Night Phase lasts 24 hours, the Day Phase 48. Do not post in the thread during the Night Phase.
    3. Do not share information from your role PM/DM or discuss the details of the game outside of the thread or Mafia team chat.
    4. If you die, you're dead. Don't continue to haunt the thread with your posts. The exception to this is a single "death post" that cannot contain any game related information.
    5. Post twice per Day Phase.
    6. Format lynch votes as [vote] username
    7. Failing to vote during two consecutive Day Phases may result in a GM kill.

The Players

gimmepie as the Game Master
    Fletch as the Doctor
    Sheep as the Scout
    TY as the Godfather
    Corviknight as the Mafioso
    Rainbow as a Villager
    Simply Dunsparce as the Cop
    Bidoof FTW as a Villager
    Isa_theDT as a Villager
    jdthebud as a Villager
    Omicron as the Hooker
    Nakuzami as a Villager
    Midnight Umbreon as the Drunk
    Charlie Brown a Villager
    Superjolt as the Vigilante

Spoiler:

Keep your eyes peeled because I'll have a follow-up game posted either tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Surprising plays from the mafia for sure. But definitely did well and I can see how that would work now, judging how slow and scrambled town were. GG

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Hah. See I wasn't completely wrong... Good game people.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • Hey i was wrong. At least the mafia was largely inactive, so it wasnt even possible so suspect anyone

also legit i almost turned my vote to TY, but it would have looked like a grudge vote. And it partially would have been, but yesterday i thought "you know what would be funny? If TY was mafia." Obviously it would still have been grasping at straws but i mean...

Last edited:
    Back