• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bob's Mega Base (Version 1 Released)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Hello. So,i patched the IPS and stuff,and loaded up the game to test it. The text was messed up,music,sprites,etc jumbled and Pallet Town was named Bar Island with fog and lavender town theme playing. Did I do something wrong??

My guess is you patched it on a modded fire red rom and not a clean, unmodified one.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there any way to get this to function in Pokemon Game Editor?

PGE's INI clearly allows to set the program to read the Evolutions and the offset that has the Evolutions Table too, so there definitely is a way. The only one who could answer how to set things up though, would be Bobsomeness.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Well, I hope you like all the bugs of the current implementation enshrined in all of your hacks forever, as this patch can't be updated easily with bugfixes, and is pretty much an affront to the whole reason Touched did Mega Evolution in C in the first place.

The instructions to insert it are simple, clearly explained, and literally hold your hand through the entire process. It was specifically done in C because it would be easy to update, easy for the user to modify, and easy to keep open-source and readable. You need literally zero knowledge of C or ASM to insert this in a hack. The only requirement is the ability to read.

People (who contribute nothing to this community I might add) whine for months that they want Mega Evolution; Touched and other contributors deliver; and now they whine that reading the instructions is too hard.

Patch away. But don't expect help when you need a bug fixed, you break something, or you want to update. You did this to yourselves.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • How to change the CURSE icon when a pokemon mega evolves?

As the person who made the Mega Evolution animation, the fact that the maker of this patch hasn't even updated the animation particle to match the custom particles I designed for the animation really annoys me. Follow the instructions of my tutorial to learn how to add custom particles, then go insert the particles that I've linked to on the Mega Evolution thread. Better yet, don't use this patch and actually learn how to insert the Mega Evolution using C as it will save you ALOT of problems in the long run, as it sounds like this implementation is already buggy.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • As the person who made the Mega Evolution animation, the fact that the maker of this patch hasn't even updated the animation particle to match the custom particles I designed for the animation really annoys me. Follow the instructions of my tutorial to learn how to add custom particles, then go insert the particles that I've linked to on the Mega Evolution thread. Better yet, don't use this patch and actually learn how to insert the Mega Evolution using C as it will save you ALOT of problems in the long run, as it sounds like this implementation is already buggy.

I made the insertation on C by myself just to give it a try once I've got some confidence thanks to Dizzy's Lv255 Emerald Implementation. The thing is, I don't know how to set-up G3HS or PGE's INI to actually work with the resultant "test.gba" ;_; ...

MrDollSteak

Years
  • I made the insertation on C by myself just to give it a try once I've got some confidence thanks to Dizzy's Lv255 Emerald Implementation. The thing is, I don't know how to set-up G3HS or PGE's INI to actually work with the resultant "test.gba" ;_; ...

I believe the instructions are in the thread too, but as far as I can remember PGE and G3T handle new roms quite easily, you just need to make a new ini with the same name as the test rom.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2023
    Now while I think its nice that now its available to more people, I believe the entire reason it wasn't made into a patch beforehand was to make people learn how to insert it without having to rely on someone doing it for them.

I've heard this before, but I can't find any tutorials or anything on how to learn. This is ASM we're talking about, right?

MrDollSteak

Years
  • I've heard this before, but I can't find any tutorials or anything on how to learn. This is ASM we're talking about, right?

No it's actually C. But you don't need to code anything, you just need to download the files and follow the very specific insert instructions, which are given with screenshots.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Actually pretty surprised people are so lazy they are willing to settle for a terrible patch of an imperfect feature. Guess it explains why no one wants to work with a disassembly and would rather stick to outdated methods of rom hacking.

The tutorial for Touched's implementation is so spoonfed as it is, it's just shocking to me I guess...

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2023
    Actually pretty surprised people are so lazy they are willing to settle for a terrible patch of an imperfect feature. Guess it explains why no one wants to work with a disassembly and would rather stick to outdated methods of rom hacking.

The tutorial for Touched's implementation is so spoonfed as it is, it's just shocking to me I guess...

Would you mind throwing me a link to that tutorial?

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2019
    Is there a way to add Mega Evolution without getting rid of the all-caps text or losing the ability to use PGE?

Back