• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What language do you think in?

Years
  • English is the only language I can think in.. I know how to understand a bit of Spanish, but not enough to speak it fluently or have thoughts in the language :P

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
    Years
  • Ok... so I'm the weird case. I think in english most of the time, but my main language it's Spanish (when I'm talking in Spanish I don't even think, lol), so when I'm nervous or something I just start talking in english and people don't understand. xD

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • English cause it's the only language I know how to speak fluently in. While I do know some Spinach and Japanese, I don't really know enough to think it, though I do get Japanese songs in my head often.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • In Dragontopia the language of the Ninja squirrels

English and sometimes Swedish as I am learning it. Not really much Swedish more English I think in.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I think in Filipino since I'm from the Philippines, but I also think in English on rare occasions.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • The little voice in my head speaks English most of the time, but on occasion, I'll think in Spanish, as Spanish is technically a main language for me (along with English).

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    English, but if I've been reading or speaking French, I tend to think in that sometimes lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I mainly think in English, however I do sometimes think in French and have often accidentally blurted out the French words for things instead of the English words lol.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • English mostly, unless I'm watching English subbed anime with Japanese audio. In that case my mind makes a few attempts at cobbling together sentences in Japanese, but since I don't really have a strong technical understanding of the language at all, I don't think it's anything coherent.

So generally speaking, since I'm an English speaker, I think in English.

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2013
    I tend to think in Rigellian. which by astonishing coincidence is exactly like the English language.

Years
  • I'd say that 99.5% of the time I only think in English, since that's the only language I'm fluent in. The other .5% is usually if I'm reading or writing in French, than I might be thinking in that (although generally, I'll be thinking "so how do I say that in French?).

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • English, always. I was pretty intrigued when my bilingual friend said she still thinks in Spanish despite using mostly English nowadays.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • I'm fluent in English and Spanish but I only ever think in English. I remember once I tried to think in Spanish for a day but I kept forgetting and messing it up lol.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • I think Filipino since I'm from the Phils.

But sometimes while traveling I say English things like Oh, **** what in the world is this ****? :3. Something like that. :3

Back