• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon Sun and Moon trailer released

Years
  • tumblr_oa8em0u55a1uwlqvvo2_540.jpg

That is definitely not a Mega symbol but definitely the supposed Synergy moves. Now I feel that my theory of Mega Evolution getting removed in this generation is actually getting credibility.

I did also notice that with the starters' Synergy moves, Rowlet's is definitely the best looking since it has a huge field of flowers destroying the opponent. Litten and Popplio's seem to look less impressive, which now leads me to believe Rowlet may end up being the starter that gets heavily favored in the marketing, like how Torchic, Piplup, Oshawott and Froakie were for their respective generation.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Here is what spread the Chinese leak, it then went to other sites, and the poster gave out a bit more when it got traction:

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/27134674/lol-he-wasnt-lying

Just look at the thumbnail as it's the the screencap of the thread. Sure the pokemon could be left out, but doesn't make much sense. Also translation team wouldn't know release dates for footage. I'll remain skeptical, but it's not really that solid atm.

That has nothing to do with the Chinese leak. It's just some guy on 4chan. This is the Chinese leak. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244221

Reactions: Z25

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • You know, didn't one of the Chinese leaks or something mention something about Aime making a return but with more features or something?

I guess this reveal supports that leak. :x Shows we can't dismiss every leak so easily, then!
    I forgot about the Chinese leak mentioning Amie, so maybe it does have some credibility that we might get more evidence of later on.
    Going to side with IcyIce here:
    That gives no credit to it to be honest. It was almost guaranteed Aime would be making a return and that there would probably be more features.
    I think that Amie being back in isn't a terribly hard thing to guess. Meanwhile, the thing with leaks is that with any sort of guess about what is in the game or not, if you make several guesses then some are going to turn out to be true, particularly broad aspects like a feature returning without mentioning details of what is new, etc.

In short, take any leak with a grain of salt. Some leaks that were true did have a couple details that didn't turn out to be correct as well. One thing for sure is that you'll see new 'leaks' closer to release, and most will be fake.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    That has nothing to do with the Chinese leak. It's just some guy on 4chan. This is the Chinese leak. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244221
    My mistake, I've been seeing these two combined as one for some odd reason the past two weeks.

Either way, both are relatively safe, with a few interesting lists. So it's hard to side on them. No gyms I think is plausible since we have no gym leaders seen yet or any major signs on the islands.

Perhaps they could replace leaders with tribe chiefs? That be neat. Don't know how likely, but it could work base on the whole Hala situation. We see him as an important figure, yet he has no bio on the site. I wonder why he would be hidden.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Welp, the trailer pretty much deconfirms a new Eeveelution, but that's to be expected since this is an odd-numbered gen. An holy smokes, were the protagonists making JoJo poses?

Nope, Chinese leak is dead. It mentions the video would have a new water beaver esque pokemon and angry ground and fighting gorilla. Neither showed so probably fake, plus the starter evos piggybacked off of the "leaked" concepts arts which made it suspicious.

You're right, the return of Poke Amie wasn't from the Chinese Leak. It was from this other leak I posted: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9312736&postcount=45

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Welp, the trailer pretty much deconfirms a new Eeveelution, but that's to be expected since this is an odd-numbered gen. An holy smokes, were the protagonists making JoJo poses?

You're right, the return of Poke Amie wasn't from the Chinese Leak. It was from this other leak I posted: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9312736&postcount=45

Ooh this is interesting. I've been working away the past two weeks so I didn't see this one. It offers a lot of interesting ideas. Feasible to. No Kalos would be disappointing, but I could see it. A plasma sidequest is surprising. Like the megas and the fire fairy line is pretty smart actually. Sounds like it's based on the stories of the wisps from Scottland, which I like. I wouldn't mind this. Shouldn't take long to hear about on of these things. Thanks for posting, I'll watch for anything else that may show up on it again.

Years
  • I'm so happy the leak is gaining more and more credibility especially after this trailer. Though, as we know, sometimes everything except a couple assertions are true in a valid leak. I love the idea of building a league (likely if true would have an online feature!!). Moreover, Popplio's Mermaid final evolution would be my favorite thing ever about pokemon -- it's the perfect pokemon. Though, my poor milotic will be jealous since she has been my favorite for 14 years.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • This was literally me when I checked Serebii, completely unexpected:

giphy.gif

This video is 3-4 days earlier than the trailer we were supposed to get through Pokenchi, so I'm wondering if this is it. Which means the Pokenchi episode might just be them analyzing the trailer or something to that effect.

Ohhhh maaannnnn I can't waaaaaiiiiiiiittt....

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • This was literally me when I checked Serebii, completely unexpected:

giphy.gif

This video is 3-4 days earlier than the trailer we were supposed to get through Pokenchi, so I'm wondering if this is it. Which means the Pokenchi episode might just be them analyzing the trailer or something to that effect.

Ohhhh maaannnnn I can't waaaaaiiiiiiiittt....

Lol, me too.

I'm disappointed to see no ninth spot on Eevee's connections, but I'm not too surprised. I guess we'll have to wait yet again for a Dragon Eeveelution...

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    With Amie being back, Sun & Moon are quickly rising up to be some of the best Pokemon games ever. Now I am even more excited for these to be released!

I do wonder what those new options will be for Amie. Looks like one of them is grooming the Pokemon, maybe like Nintendogs.

I too am really hyped that amie is back. S/M are probably my #1 games at this point and they haven't even come out yet XD.
    Also you play Nintedogs? That game is great.

Also I think that was mega sharpedo in the water, so that pretty much confirms mega evolution. Maybe they will have more out of battle roles?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • wait

this isnt the planned july 16 news. the video showed the numbers 7.16 at the very end of the video, which means there's something VERY big revealed on that date, presumably the new powerful move mechanic.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    wait

this isnt the planned july 16 news. the video showed the numbers 7.16 at the very end of the video, which means there's something VERY big revealed on that date, presumably the new powerful move mechanic.

That's the Japanese pre-order date.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    I've heard that this is the last generation until they reset the Pokemon series.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • The new evolution form Ash-Greninja style, is called Burst Fusion, it's actually becoming quite common in the Pokemon Manga, and has happened with around 45 different pokemon and trainers.

A "Burst Heart" is used for these evolutions, which is my guess for the new Mega-Braclets

see more here

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I have enough with new pokemon.
    Now I want more information about other machanic like Those New Bracelet , Synergy Attack , new evolution , Evil team and Lillie .
    I really thought that we will get new information about those.

I've heard that this is the last generation until they reset the Pokemon series.
    Generation VIII has been confirmed So I don't think this is the last Generation .
    Unless , if you can tell me the location of Yuugoos's home region since they are not native to Alola.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • OMG, this trailer got me so hyped. I'm really reeally REALLY curious about those bracelets and those "synergy attacks". The trainer's poses are great ahaha. I'm really glad Pokémon Amie is returning! I loved that feature in Pokémon X/Y/ORAS, I spend so much time playing with my Pokémon. Looks like it has some new features. I hope we can hear more about them in the future.
    As Achromatic said, the riding Pokémon feature is returning and looks like it will be a massive role in the game. We've seen Lapras, Sharpedo, Taurus and Scoutland! Possibly we will be getting even more riding Pokémon >.<

I can't wait for the release of these games, I'm so exciteeeed :3

Years
  • I am highly impressed by the visualization in generation 7. What I'm loving the most is the outside pokemon features. They're finally using more pokemon to make adventurous as you go along in the Alola region. This is how Pokemon should feel like.

I ALWAYS dislike the shadowy blob when you ride pokemon with Fly or Surf or with any HM move. I want to see more specific pokemon using these skills outside.

When you fly with a pokemon I wish they used Pigeot, Noivern or any sizable flying type that looks ridable that we can see. I always wanted to fly on Zapdos. Not Mr. Shadow Blob. >: l

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Looks like both Hau and Lillie will be travelling companions when moving to the next Island. I like these two characters and it seems likely they will be engaging with the player quite a lot throughout the storyline.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Looks like both Hau and Lillie will be travelling companions when moving to the next Island. I like these two characters and it seems likely they will be engaging with the player quite a lot throughout the storyline.

Well the website does say Lillie will play a crucial role in the story, so I'm doubly excited to see this screengrab.xD This is gonna sound crazy, but this is based off the Chinese "leak" that says she's somehow related to the evil team. If that holds true, I'm wondering if she's Kukui's assistant so that she can give them intell on his research that's most likely related to the "synergy moves" with the bracelets. Because Kukui is the Professor studying Pokemon moves.

Back